Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I just did Tornadus with Mega Glalie, aurourus, tyranitar (in retrospect that t tar is a bad choice as it removes the whopping 3-4 black/unbreakable blocks towards the end.), and avalugg at...lvl 1, I was about 2 moves away from beating it, and let me tell you this, every pokemon was maxed but avalugg, tornadus has THAT much HP, holy crap!

Reactions: JES

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For those with the Mobile version (Not me), there is a Manectite competition and a Delibird escalation battle starting next Monday and going for about a week.

Delibird... At least there will be a lot of buyable items you can get from there with the last prize being a Complexity -1 at Stage 100... >_>

Odds are this is what we are going to be getting next week in the 3DS version but who knows.

Maybe it was from a Safari, but on the 3DS, I recall already having Delibird itself, so it'd be a pure reward stage.

I'm kind of glad for the overall lull in content since I finished the Safari, gives me time to grind coins after Gardevoir cleaned me out.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Managed to score a speedup on the Mega Gardevoir competition so I was quite surprised, still can't decide on where to place those 17 candies yet lol.
Also failed at beating tornadus twice on 3DS itemless, but since the catch rate increases everyday I'll wait for the weekend to go full item and hopefully max the catch rate with a great ball. On Mobile however I managed to beat it with Mega Gengar, still I couldn't catch it, as for the safari I have yet to find Manectric and haven't been able to catch electrike after many tries.

Ok, I am going to test out Crobat on stupnadus next, as it procs more than stupid vitality drain, also going to use Gengar, + Lugia and my highest BST SE attacker on it, just to see if that will work as the blocks aren't that annoying to warrant their own pokemon, and neither are the frozen blocks, so I use lugia to remove all of them.

Let's keep trying different megs people as see what works, I can confirm now that mega mane does NOT work on the stage at ALL, neither does Mega Glailie.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I used Mega Glalie with DD/Mega Start/Atk ↑ and it worked fine for me in my successful attempt yesterday. I did not even need Avalugg.

The thing with Tornadus is that you absolutely have to use items to have a shot at catching it because you need to average well over 1k dmg a turn to beat it and you need to beat it with several turns to go to maximise your chances of catching it, especially when you consider you only get one shot a day; you cannot really take chances, even though the base catch rate rises each day.

I also got everything from the safari in eight hearts so yay luck. Currently Meowth grinding to replenish my coins ahead of the expected Manectite competition and maybe even S-Rank some stages to finally unlock the Genesect EX stage.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got Tornadus at 28%. Really was useful as I got to save on Great Balls.

Mega Start + Attack Power, with Ampharos in lead, Tyranitar, Aurorus and Articuno. None maxed and beat it with like 5 or 7 moves left (Tyranitar was like level one even).

So, I dropped this shitty game shortly after becoming a master race and I think Cresselia or some other bastard was on event. Is there any reason to get back?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Roseus Centre... okay. Aromatisse and Budew confirmed so far.

Also 3DS version gets the Delibird Escalation battles. Have fun raking in items!

EDIT: Okay most of these new stages look to be pretty rubbish in design and make Albens Town look tame. Yay Machop... >_>

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh and the 3DS also gets Manectite competition now. Will probably do an attempt when I get more hearts because most of these new stages are terrible hahaha.

TRIPLE EDIT: Apparently:
Budew: Base 40 Grass w/ Mega Boost+
Machop: Base 50 Fighting w/ Pummel
Shinx: Base 30 Electric w/ Counterattack
Whismur: Base 30 Normal w/ Paralyse
Luxio: Base 50 Electric w/ Block Smash
Spritzee: Base 50 Fairy w/ Mega Boost+
Machoke: Base 60 Fighting w/ Stabilise
Roselia: Base 60 Grass w/ Rock Break
Aromatisse: Base 60 Fairy w/ Power of 4
Roserade: Base 70 Grass w/ Stabilise+

Pastebin

Spritzee would have looked very good out of that bunch if Gardevoir did not Mega Evolve so fast hahaha and Roserade is decent.

Last edited:
Is is interesting to do Delibird Escalation ? Or better to do Meowth stages and grind some coins to buy items ? Does Delibird give experience ? More than Meowth ?

Rayquaza is also back since Friday

Good luck everybody with Manectite (already have one), Delibird, return of Rayquaza, and new stages.

I already have the Manectite, but I just decided to go for the gold and attempt to get the speedup AND a jewel. Went full-item, last I check I was 401 with a score of 40k. :D

Is is interesting to do Delibird Escalation ? Or better to do Meowth stages and grind some coins to buy items ? Does Delibird give experience ? More than Meowth ?

Rayquaza is also back since Friday

Good luck everybody with Manectite (already have one), Delibird, return of Rayquaza, and new stages.
I prefer Delibird for a few reasons, admittedly some of which are probably more specific to my situation.

- It's more consistent to clear, since I don't have to pain-stakingly move the coins within a few moves to avoid comboing. I just go straight for the clear.

- I already have nearly maxed out on coins, so this allows me to get these items without wasting coins on the cap.

- QoL/annoyance stuff like scrolling through the stages or having to rearrange my party to avoid stunning the mon.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
If you can average 330 coins on meowth consistently then Delibird isn't worth the hearts to complete. If you're playing on mobile however then the escalation battle is much better than the inconsistent meowth there.

Meowth gives 8 experience, Delibird only 3.
All items earned = 24 500 gold (100 hearts)
100 hearts on Meowth stage with 80% of the time 330 gold, 20% of the time 30 gold = 27 000 gold

So Meowth is better except if you're already full cash :) But the difference is not so high

I still do Delibird it helps me to train some Fighting Pokemon which is almost impossible on Meowth (=over kill)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
According to Serebii.net, 3DS players are going to get a Latios escalation battle very soon (probably Tuesday) and Mobile players will be getting a Latias escalation battle at the same time. Here is hoping Latios does not get a terrible ability and that its mega is actually decent!

Reactions: JES

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
According to Serebii.net, 3DS players are going to get a Latios escalation battle very soon (probably Tuesday) and Mobile players will be getting a Latias escalation battle at the same time. Here is hoping Latios does not get a terrible ability and that its mega is actually decent!
I bet it's just gonna be an Ampharos mega ability clone so it's not exactly the same as Latias.

I bet it's just gonna be an Ampharos mega ability clone so it's not exactly the same as Latias.
Latias's mega ability is closer to a sideways Ampharos, so I presume MLatios's will be more akin to a sideways MManectric (there's already data in the game for this, which supports the theory too)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Latios has shown up as expected.

And in the latest set of oddball Great Challenges, we get Machamp. Interestingly these end on a Tuesday as well. And Latios is a time-based escalation battle. Oh boy.

Also got Manectite for coming 1322nd. Yay.

EDIT: Machamp is a Base 70 Fighting-type with Eject. Caught it easily in a Poké Ball.

DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently Latios is a Base 80 Dragon-type with Counterattack. Not too shabby.

TRIPLE EDIT: Mega Steelix competition and Once a Day Thundurus (Base 70 Electric w/ Power of 5+) next week. We might finally not have to be shoehorned into Mega Mawile anymore!

Last edited:

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
To my surprise caught Latios at just 4%, not too impressed with the stats but not disappointed either, also being a timed stage makes it much more interesting to bring pokemon that usually take longer to mega evolve. Kinda surprised Machamp's not a main or EX stage, gotta check the stage design later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)