Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mega data for the new megas below:

Mega Latios, Dragon, Base 80, Dex #316
Ability: Erases a jagged line of Pokémon horizontally.
Mega-Bar: 19 icons, 5 speedups available

Mega Steelix, Steel, Base 70, Dex #181
Ability: Erases blocks (max 10), and also does damage to the foe.
Mega-Bar: 21 icons, 7 speedups available

Mega Latios is a horizontal Mega Manectric as expected and thank you shuffle for getting my hopes up on Mega Steelix only to tell us its a worse Mega Aerodactyl clone... Would have been useful for Mega Gardevoir at least... >_>

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Level 50 is just so stupid without items, can barely move your icons much less get your pokemon to mega evolve in time to do anything.

Currently at level 89 and counting. Pre-100, the most obnoxious levels are the ones that have both barriers and rocks as disruptions. I will be so happy to reach 90+ and see only barriers for awhile before I enter block territory in 100+.

At present, 50 is the only level I've had to use items on. It's possible to clear it with just DD and Time+10, but throwing in Attack+ for good measure removes the uncertainty that is disruption RNG. I've no idea what to expect when I hit 100, but I imagine I'll have to use all three items, and that it will be hell even with them.

Edit: Some insight into 101-140. It's pretty easy so long as you don't let the presence of blocks overwhelm you. Blocks replace Goomy as the fifth wheel and they also become a frequent disruption (one row every three moves you make). Challenging the disruptions here and there (moving icons around in the spaces right before a disruption forms so that it, well, doesn't) will definitely help keep the board uncluttered, but when you feel like you won't be able to challenge fast enough, try to steer clear of the blocks, making matches around them and driving them to the bottom of the board.

There is only a 2k HP gap between 101 and 140 (50 HP increase per level). By the time you reach the end, you'll only have to make about 10-15 more matches than you did when you first started these levels.

M-Altaria makes for a nice grenade if the disruptions start screwing you over, but I suspect by the end one of the twins will work out better as Mega since you won't need to worry about making matches near the disruptions with them.

I would honestly be amazed if anyone can keep Pixie Power up on all of these stages, though. Personally, I think you're better off whipping out the four reigning dragons (Goodra, Dragonite, and the two Latis) because their base damage potential is higher and Dancing Dragons procs more frequently between dropped combos.

Last edited:
I finished level 100 with some items to be sure ... i now make a break (farming some meowth) and then come back on Latias for at least level 150. I have a problem with Goodra : sure it's strong but Mega Latios (M-evolves faster than M-Latias i Think) has the same light purple color than him (and same for Goomy) so, it's difficult when you're in hurry to match them

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Latios need 19 icons to mega evolve so he's faster than latias but not a very fast mega overall. Guess it's much better over Latias everytime since there's no way I'm wasting speedups on a dragon type.

PSA: Next week's events look to include Thundurus (Basically an Electric equivalent to Tornadus) and a Steelix Mega Comp (Steel Version of M-Aero's ability) for anyone looking to prep with the Weekend stuff.

I ended up switching out M-Altaria for M-Latias in the mid-140s. The good news about getting past 149 is that, excluding 150 and 191-200, you should not need to use any items. 151-190 is much easier than 141-149. Currently at 164.

Projected expenditures (assuming no failed attempts with items and basing item usage off of its effective cost, regardless of whether or not a free item is used)

Level 50: Can be done itemless, but you can save yourself some uncertainty with Time+10 and DD or just a single Attack+. (0, 2300, or 3000)
Level 100: Can be feasibly done itemless, but I'd recommend the trio or at the very least Attack+ to remove doubt since you shouldn't need to spend coins for 50 more levels. (0, 3000 or 5300)
Levels 141-149: You really don't need items here, but if you just want to get this over with, Time+10 is all you need. Personally, I only used one on level 149 to jump to 150 without issue. Either way, if you can clear one itemless, you can clear them all--the health doesn't increase for these 9 levels. (0-7200)
Level 150: Attack+ at the minimum, but I'd recommend the trio all the same. (3000 or 5300)
Levels 191-198: Attack+ is all you need, and you do need it (19k HP minimum). (24000)
Levels 199-200: The trio is all you need. Some may desire to use Mega Start for insurance, but these levels literally only have 2000 more HP than level 150. (10600 or 14600)

At no time is Complexity-1 necessary or even tempting to use for this escalation (if you're struggling with the blocks, it's more from the disruptions than the skyfall).

At most, assuming you used Time+10 on all levels from 141-149, the ceiling of this escalation's costs should be 59,400, with the bare minimum being 37,600. Either way, this is one of the most cost-efficient escalation battles in terms of coins spent per speedup. I think only Latias and Darkrai have it beat in that regard, and that's only if you spend closer to the maximum.

Also, keep in mind that successfully clearing all 200 levels will net you a buffer of 17000 from the coins alone, which does not factor in the free items obtained.

TL;DR: Do not be intimidated by this escalation being timed. If you are at least average at timed stages, this is definitely doable, with some item finesse required here and there, but not too much. We've definitely had worse escalations in the past.

Edit: Finished 199 and 200 with 15 secs and 21 secs respectively, using DD, Attack+ and Time+10. Essentially, it means you don't need Time+10 for this, but eh, it's the last two levels, so why not? Mega Start and Complexity definitely not necessary. In any case, 30 speedups released, 30 speedups obtained. Come at me, M-Steelix.

Last edited:
Well, I'm level 143, and I start losing more hearts thant succeeding. Between level 120 and 143, sometimes I finish with 10 seconds earlier, sometimes I manage to win with 0 seconds and a lot of times, I fail. I can't stand the blocks anymore

Well, I'm level 143, and I start losing more hearts thant succeeding. Between level 120 and 143, sometimes I finish with 10 seconds earlier, sometimes I manage to win with 0 seconds and a lot of times, I fail. I can't stand the blocks anymore
Push through to boss level 150. I promise after that it gets better for a long while. Some people resorted to M-Aero during the 140s to a reasonable degree of success. If you feel your sanity slipping, throw out a Time+10 here and there. It's only 800 coins per level. Also, for the 140s I'd highly recommend attempting them in bulk, so you stay warmed up for multiple consecutive attempts.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Started using Aero after level 100 and it allowed me to keep much longer combo chains than with Latios so I definitely recommend it if you're somewhat decent at timed stages.

Just got to the Gardevoir stage, tips? Using M-Mawile, Jirachi, Nidoqueen, and Steelix. Steelix is level 4, others are 6+ because I forgot. I'm thinking about waiting for the M-Steelix competition, but I wan't my M-Gardevoir now!

Just got to the Gardevoir stage, tips? Using M-Mawile, Jirachi, Nidoqueen, and Steelix. Steelix is level 4, others are 6+ because I forgot. I'm thinking about waiting for the M-Steelix competition, but I wan't my M-Gardevoir now!
Steelix has the same Mega ability as Aerodactyl, so it won't do much good as your Mega against Gardevoir, since the issue is more Barriers.

To catch it, I recommend Mawile, Jirachi, Cobalion, and Muk (both Base 70's with Power of 4+) if you don't have Dialga for a base 80. Gardevoir's just kind of a jerk and inconsistent to beat without good combos. If you're going with items, C-1 and Mega Start will retain a lot of moves and get you the S-Rank, but it is expensive.

Reactions: JES
Steelix has the same Mega ability as Aerodactyl, so it won't do much good as your Mega against Gardevoir, since the issue is more Barriers.

To catch it, I recommend Mawile, Jirachi, Cobalion, and Muk (both Base 70's with Power of 4+) if you don't have Dialga for a base 80. Gardevoir's just kind of a jerk and inconsistent to beat without good combos. If you're going with items, C-1 and Mega Start will retain a lot of moves and get you the S-Rank, but it is expensive.
I have the C-1 from the Delibird stage, so tomorrow i'll just shell out and use it and buy a Mega Start. I still don't have Cobalion because I'm lazy with S-Ranking things.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
False, Mega Steelix ONLY clears blocks (source: see top of page) while Mega Aerodactyl clears blocks AND rocks. Yes, it is so horrendous that it makes Mega Audino look useful. Just hope that a Fairy/Rock stage ends up being a block hell that makes it worth using over Mega Mawile.

And yeah use Mega Start Mega Mawile and C-1 for Gardevoir, it just overkills since it removes one of your mons.

As for escalations, I stopped at 100. Timed escalation was at least a nice change of pace and a lot more involving though I can see why not many people like it because of the inherent skill cap.

I fail for my first start with Thundurus ... I will try tomorrow, Tornadus is also here (Does the trick of using yourself Tornadus or only 3 pokemon still work ?)
Didn't try Mega Steelix Competition ... Will try this weekend !

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I fail for my first start with Thundurus ... I will try tomorrow, Tornadus is also here (Does the trick of using yourself Tornadus or only 3 pokemon still work ?)
Didn't try Mega Steelix Competition ... Will try this weekend !
From the pastebin data, the Pokémon that appear if you try to bring Tornadus or bring less Pokémon are: Happiny, Azurill, Pichu, Togepi (in that order).

Anyhow for Thundurus I managed to run out of moves using Atk ↑ and Mega Start but was close enough and used a jewel to beat it. Turned out to be worth it in the end because I got a Super Catch Power and caught it in a Great Ball at 70%. I also attempted the Steelix competition and finished with a safe 33k with all items even though I did a fairly scrappy job simply because I somehow managed to pull off a 43-hit combo hahaha.

Back to catching / S-Ranking for me I suppose... and continuing to fall in love with Mega Absol (who managed to beat Gothitelle of all things itemless) and Mega Mawile (who is continuing to surprise me when it finally mega evolves and there is an open board).

For those having trouble with Thundurus, consider waiting until Sunday, when it's rate becomes 34% + 2x (remaining moves), as the higher the default rate, the better odds you can get 100% with the Great Ball without Super Catch power.

For Steelix, Ninetales appears as Forced Support, replaced by Vulpix if you bring Ninetales yourself. Despite this, Steelix's heavy use of Blocks makes Blaziken less ideal as your Mega.

For Roserade, I went full items with a Blaziken team and all items. Roserade's just one of those stages, unless you can get a good combo. Maybe you could forgo Moves +5 or Mega Start if Blaziken has all 3 candies, but I wasn't taking any chances.

Any tips for Mega Medicham? I've been trying to use M-Gardevoir, Lugia, something I forgot, and another thing. I tried using a D-Delay once, but it didn't help much and I ended up just wasting coins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)