Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I was top 14-16k yesterday now I got top 16k again...and then 10 minutes after that I check against and I have fallen 1.1k places, I believe that Nintendo is making precisely "one f***tillion* dollars on this game and we are the victims, DAMN YOU SHINY OBJECTS OF DIGITAL POWER!

Every 7-10 minutes I check my ranking it falls nearly 100 places I am sooo very f***ed...I'm at 17.4k atm, but wait let me check again.... 17,575 DAMN!

EDIT: I am quite sure that my ranking is secure at about 18k or so 2 minutes before the event closed up, good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES
Got my Blastoisinite. Looks like Groudon is our next event 'mon, and it's much-needed too. The only viable ground types so far are Marowak, Stunfisk, and Donphan... not even enough for a super-effective team (sans mega).

Got Blastoisinite !
Groudon is a bitch. I'm sure the catch rate is false. I have 5 attemps with 40% of catch rate, all fail :D Less than 7% ! Damned probability ! :D

MY BROTHER PAID WAY TO MUCH FOR THIS STAY AWAY
I already said this is worse than drugs...but atleast he has fun. Although I have to watch out that he doesn't spend more (25€ is way to much T__T)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I hope everyone else got their Blastoisinte! :)

Now it is Groudon Or Bust!!!
I got Blastoisinite but I was kinda worried. I had been like 7000th place for the past week and then in the last 24 hours I dropped to 19100th. Didn't even bother to keep playing 'cause I knew I'd never beat my score again. Fortunately I still got it!

Groudon took me two tries but I caught it. Mega Start with Glalie is super helpful considering he has so many blocks...you need to clear those ASAP and not waste turns getting your mega gauge up.

I got Blastoisinite but I was kinda worried. I had been like 7000th place for the past week and then in the last 24 hours I dropped to 19100th. Didn't even bother to keep playing 'cause I knew I'd never beat my score again. Fortunately I still got it!

Groudon took me two tries but I caught it. Mega Start with Glalie is super helpful considering he has so many blocks...you need to clear those ASAP and not waste turns getting your mega gauge up.
Okay, I'll try Mega Evolving Glalie pronto when my heart meter has built up again.

Finished 120 in the Blastoise competition (I was number 8 on the first day which was when I had my highest score).

Groudon looks like really wanted help, and I think I'll be investing into Snubbull soon. Crowd Control is a fantastic ability and it's the only faerie with that move so far. Maybe Granbull will have the same one though?

Finished under 30k... no Blastoisinite... WHY MUST PLAYING FREE BE SO HARD?!

EDIT: Finished #32942 to be precise...

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Groudon was nice since if you get the right set of matches, you just get rows upon rows of Groudon matches that would just get rid of most of the blocks immediately. Tougher stage than Kyogre, a little easier than Rayquaza, fitting. I'd still like to know why they were all still reasonably easy when Keldeo was actually challenging.

The new set of 15 stages is actually not so bad. Onix and Milotic are probably the worst of it, even Mega Aerodactyl is way easier than them (though Aero is no joke either). Still need to S rank 6 of them including Aero, then I can go for Genesect.

I cannot catch groudon, the best I got was a 30 something catch rate and this is HARD, even with mega blastoise (which is awesome btw) it's MUCH harder than rayquaza or keldeo ever was. I must catch groudon so I can freaking beat suckziken, I am leveling up aerodactyl just to clear the damn black clouds of screw you!!!

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Catching Groudon isn't so bad, there's some luck to it like the past legendaries but it's not a particularly tough stage to clear, especially since Groudon clears the rocks in the stage for you if you get the right first match.

Groudon catched ! I also catched Heatran with MegaBlastoise @ Start to remove quickly the black clouds.

I will now try to do the new normal stages, is there 15 new stages?
15 new stages ending with Mega Aerodactyl. And none of them are as hard as Onix or Milotic, though some are intimidating. S ranking all 180 main stages gets you access to the Genesect EX stage.

Honestly though I don't like Mega Blastoise if there's another super effective option for the stage. It's got its use in Mega Aerodactyl's stage, but even there if you use Complexity -1 (which actually removes breakable blocks in this stage for some reason) Mega Lucario is better, if you have the options of course. I guess it's good for Blaziken's stage too which is legitimately helpful, but Aerodactyl might just be outright better for Blaziken due to the fact that it clears clouds pre-Mega and removes 10 blocks (including unbreakable ones) post-Mega.

Also oh my god Genesect is absurd, screw every other stage.

Last edited:
No, Mega Blastoise is like Mega Altaria, but if you destroy a block with black cloud, it disappear. So for me Mega Blastoise is a solid answer to Heatran.

Ok, I'm now farming on Ampharos stage my new capture (Groudon, Heatran, MegaBlastoise) and I will try the new stages. I didn't manage to get all S ranks on the first 165 stages (I get get around 157 IIRC), Genesect will wait :D

No, Mega Blastoise is like Mega Altaria, but if you destroy a block with black cloud, it disappear. So for me Mega Blastoise is a solid answer to Heatran.

Ok, I'm now farming on Ampharos stage my new capture (Groudon, Heatran, MegaBlastoise) and I will try the new stages. I didn't manage to get all S ranks on the first 165 stages (I get get around 157 IIRC), Genesect will wait :D
I still can't beat xerneas to get yveltal to beat the stupid mega gengar level HTF are people already at the new levels?

I use a classic team for MegaGar, no EX pokemons.

And Mega Glalie is probably worse than everything. Onyx is a close one, Milotic too.

New difficult stages so far: Mightyena (more trouble than he is probably worth), Timburr (so much health!), and Banette (too much freezing!).

I'm stuck on Mega Glalie because of the damn freezing. If I get rid of it, I'm not doing enough damage, but if I focus on damage, he has my board frozen completely within a 7 turns. Tips?

I'm stuck on Mega Glalie because of the damn freezing. If I get rid of it, I'm not doing enough damage, but if I focus on damage, he has my board frozen completely within a 7 turns. Tips?
I was stuck there for the longest time too. I finally broke through after saving enough coins to get mega start, 5 extra turns and disruption delay. I used Mega Mawile, Ninetails, Aurorus, and klefki (I think).

I haven't figured out a way to win against Mega Aerodactyl. He manages to sponge to many of my attacks, even with instant Mega-Evolutions.

What should I do to beat mega gengar easily? I have wasted 2 mega starts on it with no luck. My options are:

1: Power grind ampharos with my metal and poison pokemon to beat Xerneas, which will allow me to rofl stomp yveltal, which will allow me to rofl stomp mega gengar.
2: Power grind ampharos with my fairy and fighting type pokemon + mega blastoise (for the damn black clouds of middle fingers on yveltal), so I can rofl stomp mega gengar with yveltal.
3: Power grind ampharos with my dark and ghost type pokemon until they are level 7 so I can possibly rofl stomp mega gengar with them. (note I am using the suggested team of mega sableye, zoroark, hunter, and gengar and still lose.)

What should I do to beat mega gengar easily? I have wasted 2 mega starts on it with no luck. My options are:

1: Power grind ampharos with my metal and poison pokemon to beat Xerneas, which will allow me to rofl stomp yveltal, which will allow me to rofl stomp mega gengar.
2: Power grind ampharos with my fairy and fighting type pokemon + mega blastoise (for the damn black clouds of middle fingers on yveltal), so I can rofl stomp mega gengar with yveltal.
3: Power grind ampharos with my dark and ghost type pokemon until they are level 7 so I can possibly rofl stomp mega gengar with them. (note I am using the suggested team of mega sableye, zoroark, hunter, and gengar and still lose.)

I recommend power grinding to get Yveltal and using a team of Sableye, Zoroark, Yveltal, Haunter.

I'm almost curious enough to suggest using Gengar as the Mega. He megas faster and his self removal can help get combos and remove instances of himself frozen in the center.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)