Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
In other news the annoying card mission bug is still present on 3DS despite an update being available for some days already.

Anyhow I finally did it. I finally caught up and S-Ranked (and caught) all the main stage Pokémon. It was an expensive exercise sure but it's worth it to finally catch up... just in time for the inevitable new set of main stages next Tuesday if they are coming next Tuesday.
Congratulations and welcome to the club! :D

Fast Match is crazy, though. I think the cutoff for top prize is already over 61k in NA, and now that you can take four runs at Meowth on Sunday it's only going up. I put up a 71k and that may not be enough (though I'm hoarding Raise Max Levels now, I'd probably care more if it were Speedups).

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm hoping for mawile to get added to the raise max level list but if I hoard enough of those candies I'll most likely use them on Charizard and Groudon.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Apparently next Tuesday Mobile (and by extension, most likely 3DS as well) are going to get Zygarde 50% (Base 80 Dragon-type w/ Barrier Bash+) and Landorus-Therian (Base 80 though whether it's a Ground-type or a Flying-type is unknown) next Tuesday. The details of these stages are of course, unknown.

At least dedicated Dragon teams will finally have a good Barrier Bash+ Pokémon to use in a few days time I suppose. Also irrespective of typing either Sky Blast teams get another strong beatstick to use depending on its ability or anti Electric-type teams get another strong beatstick.

Apparently next Tuesday Mobile (and by extension, most likely 3DS as well) are going to get Zygarde 50% (Base 80 Dragon-type w/ Barrier Bash+) and Landorus-Therian (Base 80 though whether it's a Ground-type or a Flying-type is unknown) next Tuesday. The details of these stages are of course, unknown.

At least dedicated Dragon teams will finally have a good Barrier Bash+ Pokémon to use in a few days time I suppose. Also irrespective of typing either Sky Blast teams get another strong beatstick to use depending on its ability or anti Electric-type teams get another strong beatstick.
I hope Landorus is Ground typed cuz Groudon's ability is disappointing.
Also, how strong will Zygarde 100% be?!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I hope Landorus is Ground typed cuz Groudon's ability is disappointing.
Also, how strong will Zygarde 100% be?!
The code says it's a Base 90 Dragon-type with Power of 5+. It's decent in turn-based against Dragons due to raw power alone but Po5+ is really situational. In timed however it is actually okay against Dragon-types because you can manipulate the board and get lots of Po5+ triggers if you want to if your combo drops.

Of course it is subject to change by the time it comes out but considering the pattern, it will probably be out in a fortnight after this coming update.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Friendly PSA: Remember that today's the final day for a lot of the current events, including:
- Mega Sceptile Comp
- Zygarde 10%
- Angry Chu Safari
- The current batch of Daily Pokemon (Druddigon today)
- Tornadus
- Kyogre

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content:
  • Zygarde 50% Escalation Battle (Base 80 Dragon-type w/ Barrier Bash+).
  • Landorus Therian Great Challenge (Base 80 Ground-type w/ Risk Taker).
  • Manaphy Returns.
  • Daily Pokémon #3 Returns.
Lv30: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv40: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv50: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv60: 5× Heart
Lv70: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv80: 5× Heart
Lv90: 1× Level Up
Lv100: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv125: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv150: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv160: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv180: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv200: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv225: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv250: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv300: 2× Raise Max Level

Total:
2× Exp. Booster S
2× Exp. Booster M
2× Exp. Booster L
3× Mega Speedup
10× Heart
1× Level Up
5× Raise Max Level

Future Content:
  • Keldeo Returns.
  • Ash-Greninja Timed Stage (Base 70 Water-type w/ Power of 4+).
  • Mega Blaziken Competition Returns. 30 Turns. Fast Match again. Raise Max Level for top tier instead of Speedup again, but if you already have Blazikenite, you get a Speedup instead.

---

As for my recent happenings, I managed to grind out 93k in the Mega Sceptile competition with Mega Rayquaza Sky Blast and secured the RML from that coming 212th place in EU.

I also did another attempt at Survival Mode last night and got this far:

So close yet so far... We will get those three RML's next time assuming the 99 move glitch is not patched. Used Rayquaza (10, 15/20), Reshiram (9), Garchomp (10), and Giratina-A (10) in that order.

At least I have enough RML's to fully invest in one Pokémon now, probably going to invest in Groudon since it's better than Garchomp for Survival Mode given Quake and extra power. The long grind begins...

Last edited:
Just ran Zygarde a few times and found out there's a new mechanic: Anger.

If Zygarde gets angry, the stage's effective level is treated as higher (in my case, +4) for 10 minutes. If you beat it at that level, the game treats it as if you beat the increased level for progress.

For example, I got Zygarde angry at level 2 (Anger + 4), so clearing the stage counted as beating level 6.

So if you have extra hearts from Streetpass and such, I'd recommend saving them in case of anger, since it can save you a few runs by skipping over levels. Also not sure how the game behaves if Anger causes Zygarde to jump past specific levels that typically have different patterns like level 50 tends to be.

Also, Shuffle Reddit is reporting the 99 Move glitch was fixed.

Shouldn't you wait before applying RML to groudon ? To know at least what will be his Primal ?
Don't forget that Quake doesn't work on many types too

Thanks for the info and congratulations for your hard work :D
Does the "known" glitch fix ? Like the 99 moves for survival and others ?

Gifts for EB
30 1 Exp. Booster S
40 1 Exp. Booster M
50 1 Mega Speedup
60 5 Hearts
70 1 Exp. Booster L
80 5 Hearts
90 1 Level Up
100 1 Raise Max Level
125 1 Exp. Booster S
150 1 Mega Speedup
160 1 Exp. Booster M
180 1 Raise Max Level
200 1 Mega Speedup
225 1 Exp. Booster L
250 1 Raise Max Level
300 2 Raise Max Level

TO BE CONFIRMED :
Next week : Blazikenite repeat (30 move fast-match M-Blaziken event coming soon, with a speedup reward if you place and already have the stone) + 60 second timed "Ash's Greninja" (Water type) stage + Keldeo (normal) repeat

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Shouldn't you wait before applying RML to groudon ? To know at least what will be his Primal ?
Don't forget that Quake doesn't work on many types too
Groudon is one of the best RML targets we have, combined with Charizard. Primal is confirmed to be a different Pokémon altogether.

Also I have fully updated my previous post with the content for this week and next week. More Fast Match...

Groudon is one of the best RML targets we have, combined with Charizard. Primal is confirmed to be a different Pokémon altogether.

Also I have fully updated my previous post with the content for this week and next week. More Fast Match...
I totally agree with Charizard being the most obvious choice ! :) And Groudon is a close one ... Ok for Primal ! And with that EB, it seems that RML will not be very "rare" :)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Just a note for those planning to go all the way that those joke HP numbers for some Zygarde boss (the 4k HP numbers) stages that were in the Pastebin at first are wrong and that it has insane HP numbers for those levels, like:

Lv180: 67423 HP
Lv200: 185632 HP
Lv250: 221050 HP
Lv300: 201050 HP

Have fun for 200/250/300 or hope you can skip them (you cannot skip 300 though)!

Didn't get to finish survival mode with the 99 moves glitch, and will probably never touch it again after two attempts costing me 60k combined. Wish I'd realised it was a money grab sooner. (My team didn't help: Mgar/Garchomp/Reshiram/Dialga... was screwed vs. Dark types, so I should've used Gallade and had neutral damage vs. fairies)

I'm not sure how I feel about the new prizes for escalation battles. They're basically removing all of the prizes that would help you avoid paying coins, which is scary as the game shifts harder into pay to win territory. (I should note this is only a concern for me now that I have less time to play thanks to grad school. Still haven't paid a dime.)

Just ran Zygarde a few times and found out there's a new mechanic: Anger.

If Zygarde gets angry, the stage's effective level is treated as higher (in my case, +4) for 10 minutes. If you beat it at that level, the game treats it as if you beat the increased level for progress.

For example, I got Zygarde angry at level 2 (Anger + 4), so clearing the stage counted as beating level 6.
is this on the mobile version too? i haven't gotten it

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
is this on the mobile version too? i haven't gotten it
It's only on 3DS from what I've read elsewhere unfortunately. Guess that's one way to offset the rewards for the 3DS escalation being loaded with lame EXP boost items while Mobile gets the good rewards.

Related to that though, I noticed that if the anger boost bumps you exactly onto a boss stage it doesn't actually give you the boss stage. At least with me, I got a boost that bumped me up to stage 50 exactly but it gave me a super easy stage with like less than 6000 HP instead of the 17k + barrier disruptions it should have. Unsure if that was a glitch or if that's how it works but yeah, being bumped exactly up to a boss stage doesn't seem to be bad.

Just a note for those planning to go all the way that those joke HP numbers for some Zygarde boss (the 4k HP numbers) stages that were in the Pastebin at first are wrong and that it has insane HP numbers for those levels, like:

Lv180: 67423 HP
Lv200: 185632 HP
Lv250: 221050 HP
Lv300: 201050 HP

Have fun for 200/250/300 or hope you can skip them (you cannot skip 300 though)!
I'm level 115, and I don't know what kind of drugs they're using ahahah ! Even with a full item Dancing Dragons + team or Rayquaza + Non Dragon Super Effective, I think it's impossible !

Caught Zygarde 50%, Girafarig, Manaphy, Landorus-Therian, Kecleon ! Got Sceptilite !
Go back to Zygarde ! My aim is level 200 (I don't thonk I will have the mental for all thoses levels) ... Of course, if I managed to beat that level 180

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Antihaxxer: The silver lining is that there are no added spawns (as in fifth mon) on those stages so you can throw all items and get long combos forever with Mega Rayquaza or Mega Gengar, and given you have 17 turns (or 22 with M+5) to win, it's quite doable though those 200k+ HP stages could get a jewel if you are unlucky. But yeah for those boss stages, all items look mandatory though you might be able to get away with no complexity on stage 180.

As for me, I passed Stage 70 recently trying to take advantage of Anger as much as possible. Beat Level 50 itemless with Mega Rayquaza (15/20), Zygarde 50% (Caught at Level 21), Diancie, and Xerneas. Zero turns left. On the proper stage. Into Rayquaza's mouth the Speedup goes!

At least Zygarde offers hearts in the second half on the first 100 so the 3DS players should aim to conserve those in case it gets angry and you have no hearts.

Thanks for the information, so may the RNG god be with us and long comboooos :)

I lost my first life at level 99, and the second one at level 123 ... I use a Mega Glalie (6, not candied) - Kyu-B (MAX), Xerneas (9), Rayquaza (MAX). Sometimes I switch to my Dragonite (lvl 5) to level up him (5xp by wave, yaaay) and sometimes Zygarde 50% for Barrier Bash+

Sorry for double posting, but I'm SOOOOO Happy ! Thanks to angry Zygarde, I skipped level 180 and I'm level 181 :D I saved at least 17K gold :D

Sorry for double posting, but I'm SOOOOO Happy ! Thanks to angry Zygarde, I skipped level 180 and I'm level 181 :D I saved at least 17K gold :D
This happened with me at 100 and (assuming it's a boss stage) 125. Very pleased with how easy it is to abuse the anger mechanic... I might try aiming for 200 this go-round.

I skip level 200 yyaaaaayyyyy ! :D

And level 225, 250, 280 and 300 !
I think it's rigged or volontury ?

YAYYYYY first EB finished and in less than 3 days ! I use all my candies on Rayquaza (obviously) and my RML on Charizard (Good Fire Pokemon, Good Mega Fire, OK Mega Dragon).

This EB was very easy especially with Angry feature ... Only becoming difficult starting at level 275 mainly because I don't have very powerful pokemon against Dragon (no Lati@s, no Goodra). I have used around 35K on this Escalation (mainly after lvl 275 for some Mega Start / Disruption Delay / Move +5)

My Goomy and my Zygarde 50% was used almost on the first 275 levels (from level 1 to 6.5), YAAAAAY !

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
3DS users: This Sunday Meowth allows you to use all items due to some presumed coding error. The items are mostly useless, but Avengah has been experimenting with Complexity -1 w/ three mon strats with some interesting results.

---

As for me, I tried MS-less + 10% Zygarde strats with my usual Mega Rayquaza team and got 12100 coins profit total (3000, 1500 (itemless), 4000, 6000). Might try complexity + three mon strats next week though.

Also a bit late as I am in my 240's but:

About time I got one [I had to do 50 (Itemless), 100 (AP↑, DD), 150 (All bar C-1), and 180 (All bar C-1) the hard way]. Now watch as I am forced to take on 250 the hard way.

Maybe you will skill all the difficult bosses like me ! :) Good luck !

I've seen the C-1 for Meowth but didn't want to try it and maybe lose 9K gold, maybe I will give it a try next week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)