Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Wooo! Swampertite! Ranked #78811 so scrapped in by the skin of my teeth for it...

Just have to like... Actually catch Swampert now.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The new list of abilities and what Skill Boosters do to each ability can now been seen here.
9. Risk-Taker (50%, 70%, 100%, damage, x1, x1.5, x1.8, x2, x2.5): Damage may randomly be increased or decreased.
Risk-Taker is officially an insane ability. Throw it on Landorus-T or a RML-maxed Sableye and watch it possibly deal insane numbers on opponents with little opportunity cost!
67. Nosedive (15%, 40%, 70%, damage, x5, +10%, +15%, +20%, +30%): Attacks can occasionally deal greater damage than usual.
This ability when maxed is fairly legit with reliable 5× DMG.
72. Good Luck (0%, 0%, 0%, damage, x1.2): Makes it more likely to receive items when set as a Support.
Interesting.
76. Cheer (60%, 100%, 100%, damage, x1, +10%, +15%, +20%, +40%): Increases the chance that the next match's skill is triggered.
This has Plusle and Minun written all over it.
77. Paralysis Combo (40%, 60%, 100%, damage, x1.5, +20%, +25%, +30%, +40%): Boosts damage done by combos if the foe is paralyzed.
78. Sleep Combo (40%, 60%, 100%, damage, x1.5, +20%, +25%, +30%, +40%): Boosts damage done by combos if the foe is asleep.
79. Relentless (70%, 80%, 100%, damage, x1.2, x1.44, x1.56, x1.8, x2.04): Boosts damage done by combos if foe has any status condition.
80. Poison Pact (40%, 60%, 80%, damage, x1.2, +10%, +20%, +30%, +50%): Increases damage done by Poison types in the combo.
81. Ice Dance (30%, 50%, 70%, damage, x1.2, +10%, +15%, +20%, +30%): Increases damage done by Ice types in the combo.
82. Ground Forces (20%, 60%, 80%, damage, x1.2, +10%, +15%, +20%, +25%): Increases damage done by Ground types in the combo.
All really interesting combo boosters.
83. Flash Mob (5%, 40%, 60%, damage, x30, +20%, +30%, +40%, +60%): Having more Pokémon of the same type boosts damage dealt.
This looks legit and with skill boosters, can become really good.
84. Poison (10%, 40%, 70%, damage, x1.2, +5%, +10%, +20%, +30%): Leaves the foe poisoned.
New status affliction!
89. Final Effort (60%, 80%, 100%, damage, x3, x3.6, x4.2, x6, x10.2): Attacks do more damage when there are no more moves left.
Literally Last-Ditch Effort et al on crack.
90. Fury of 5 (0%, 0%, 90%, damage, x4, x6, x8, x12, x16): Attacks do more damage when you make a match of five.
What is Power of 5+ again?
94. Rockify (60%, 80%, 100%, other, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%): Occasionally turns one non- Support Pokémon into a rock.
95. Blockify (60%, 80%, 100%, other, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%): Occasionally turns one non- Support Pokémon into a block.
... What?
96. Prospector (3%, 10%, 30%, other, +2%, +5%, +10%, +15%): Changes one rock into a Coin.
97. Alchemist (3%, 10%, 30%, other, +2%, +5%, +10%, +15%): Changes one block into a Coin.
Former looks really good on Buneary, other does not look that great. Those low activation rates though...
98. Transform (50%, 100%, 100%, other, +5%, +10%, +20%, +30%): Changes up to 3 [var]name into another Support Pokémon.
A better way to handle Ditto's transformation gimmick without being absurdly uncompetitive.

The new list of abilities and what Skill Boosters do to each ability can now been seen here.
Risk-Taker is officially an insane ability. Throw it on Landorus-T or a RML-maxed Sableye and watch it possibly deal insane numbers on opponents with little opportunity cost!

This ability when maxed is fairly legit with reliable 5× DMG.

Interesting.

This has Plusle and Minun written all over it.
All really interesting combo boosters.

This looks legit and with skill boosters, can become really good.

New status affliction!

Literally Last-Ditch Effort et al on crack.

What is Power of 5+ again?
... What?

Former looks really good on Buneary, other does not look that great. Those low activation rates though...
A better way to handle Ditto's transformation gimmick without being absurdly uncompetitive.
Random, you forgot about
Goad
(5%, 30%, 80%, damage, x1, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%): May force the foe to trigger its disruption immediately.
Can you imagine this thing in the Meowth stage?!
Fuck sleep charm or Sky blast, all my boosters will go into this baby. Really hope a fighting typed Pokémon DOES Not get this ability

I'm so excited about this ability...

Reactions: JES

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Random, you forgot about
Goad
(5%, 30%, 80%, damage, x1, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%): May force the foe to trigger its disruption immediately.
Can you imagine this thing in the Meowth stage?!
Fuck sleep charm or Sky blast, all my boosters will go into this baby. Really hope a fighting typed Pokémon DOES Not get this ability

I'm so excited about this ability...
No Help for Mobile if it ever comes because Meowth can spawn rocks for us...

No Help for Mobile if it ever comes because Meowth can spawn rocks for us...
Won't even know how it goes until we get the Pokémon, though...
On an unrelated note, really love mega Swampert on Weekend Meowth. Consistently gave me 7k, 6k, 6k and 5k with no mega boost+ or any candies...

Magmortar is easy to catch with DD + MS Aero.
Greninja & Kyogre (& Carnivine) are back, and the first two have Skills Enhancers .... (But seriously Kyogre ability sucks). For Greninja, it seems sloooow to level up this Po4+

A slow week ... :)

After spending some 300 gold/run to Greninjash Skill booster, and no drop (and one fail) ... I've decided to use my 97K gold to finish/rush/s-rank the Violetta Palace --> I've caught 42/49 Pkm and did 42/50 S-rank stages ! Scizorite is miiiine (I use a full item run with C-1 to not bother with it and S-rank it) : I'm broken lol ! I went from 97K to 7K gold ! :D

Now, needs to farm some gold back, put some new Pokemon to level 5 in case of ... And be ready to next week which should be special (Because Pokemon Shuffle wins the Android Mobile award ... ?)

I've actually changed my mind on having to pay coins to try for a Skill Booster. I didn't realize it didn't cost me a Heart at first, which is pretty cool.

It still eats my coins though, and Kyogre and very stingy with gifts, while I can't even beat Groudon itemless..

JES, don't bother with Kyogre-- its ability is crap and it's bound to be outclassed by another base 60 water type with Block Smash+. I'm not particularly skilled at timed stages (always drop the combos...) so I haven't bothered with Greninja, but it and Groudon would be the ones you want to grind to level 1 or 2 with personalised skill boosters.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Greninja was pretty hard to beat last time, impossible for me itemless, is the stage still as hard as before?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
If it's any positive with Kyogre, its ability only takes 50 PSB's to fully max. Ash-Greninja on the other hand requires 120; not worth it.

I maxed out my Groudon's skill a couple of days ago and honestly, it's the only one really worth it because 110 BP Ground with a 60/75/100 Quake is really worth it in Survival Mode and it only really needs 70 PSB's to fully max.

Guess I might get the coins to deal with Survival Mode for good then...

JES, don't bother with Kyogre-- its ability is crap and it's bound to be outclassed by another base 60 water type with Block Smash+. I'm not particularly skilled at timed stages (always drop the combos...) so I haven't bothered with Greninja, but it and Groudon would be the ones you want to grind to level 1 or 2 with personalised skill boosters.
Too bad I've found Groudon to be impossible to beat itemless.

Unless someone has found a way to beat him itemless.

Last edited:
7KXGUJLN - add a daily player! I've just found this thread, ive played shuffle mainly on mobile for a couple of months now (currently stuck on mewtwo Y / Yveltal stage...catching Yveltal to make mew-Y stage easier!) Are there any good/overpowered megas or legends that i should be looking to obtain? I currently use mostly lucario and gengar as megas.

7KXGUJLN - add a daily player! I've just found this thread, ive played shuffle mainly on mobile for a couple of months now (currently stuck on mewtwo Y / Yveltal stage...catching Yveltal to make mew-Y stage easier!) Are there any good/overpowered megas or legends that i should be looking to obtain? I currently use mostly lucario and gengar as megas.
Join the reddit group for Pokémon shuffle. Make a comment in the query thread there and get up voted. You'll be able to add your friend code there.
As for Yveltal, try to beat it itemless with a mega lucario team, you'll catch it eventually...
Scizor, Heracross, Gengar and Yveltal might be a good team against Mega Mewtwo...

Join the reddit group for Pokémon shuffle. Make a comment in the query thread there and get up voted. You'll be able to add your friend code there.
As for Yveltal, try to beat it itemless with a mega lucario team, you'll catch it eventually...
Scizor, Heracross, Gengar and Yveltal might be a good team against Mega Mewtwo...
After spending all my coins and still not getting Yveltal a mega lucario team and just waiting is what im doing now, i caught Victini from a 1% catch this weekend so Yvetal will come eventualy (so far 2 weeks @20+ plays a day). As for Mewtwo the team im grinding for it are M-Gengar/Scizor/Yvetal and Absol (for mind zap)

I hope we get a reasonable amount of content tomorrow. Even though, I haven't even defeated mega Medicham, the absence of some new special stages make the game feel more boring.
Hope we get an EB with the angry feature for Mobile...

I expect a lot of tomorrow ... Special Stages ... Daily Pokemon #5 repeat ... Garchomp Safari ... New mission cards and Garchompite :D

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Mission Card #4: Gives 5,000 coins for completing.

Returning Content
Victini (Today only)
Mega Abomasnow Competition (turn-based w/ no fast match), Speedups top tier prize (and those right near the top get two)
Giratina Escalation, now with different prizes and more than 100 levels!
Infernape (Skill Booster drops)
Keldeo (Skill Booster drops)

Future Content
Uxie (Repeat, Skill Booster drops)
Kingdra
Daily Pokémon #5 (Repeat for 3DS)
Landorus (Repeat)
Beedrill (Repeat, Skill Booster drops)
Eevee (Drops Skill Booster S and occasionally a Skill Booster M, pay up to three extra jewels to play three extra times, once a day without a jewel) June 9th only

Challenge Pokémon
Kingdra: Base 70 Water-type w/ Whirlpool

Giratina Escalation Prizes
Lv5: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv30: 1× Disruption Delay
Lv50: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv85: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv100: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv125: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv150: 1× Level Up
Lv200: 1× Mega Speedup (and 287,000 HP to eliminate here >_>)
Lv225: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv250: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv275: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv300: 2× Mega Speedup (and 239,500 HP to eliminate here >_>)

Should be up to date.

Last edited:
Reactions: JES

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I find that eevee stage to be an even dirtier move honestly. Paying jewels for skill boosters not really what I was hoping for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)