Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
At least you two aren't in the 3DS EU competition. Top 200 get the big prize and 200th is now pushing 85k. I did improve on my PB to just over 80k but alas, it is not enough for tier one. Not that I can complain; the RML I got from Mewtwo while grinding Swap to SL3 (which only took 15-20 goes) while waiting to get my wisdom teeth removed earlier makes up for that.

Currently on the warpath to 250 for Keldeo which is my likely stopping point depending on updates and other things. Pretty much used Sky Blast (with SL4 Braviary to boot) variations the whole EB since dropping Slowbro (Rayquaza or Tyranitar depending on the stage) with the exception being 150 which I beat with all items bar C-1 with Tyranitar / Cresselia / Alakazam (SL3) / Lugia. Some non-boss stages have proved to be troublesome though... Though still, could be worse: could be 296-300.

I was pushed in tier 3 in Europe ! :(
What team are you using ?

I've tried (all max) Mega Mewtwo + Slowbro + Deoxys + Lando or Victini, but it's too RNG dependant and sometimes the disruption doesn't help me at all and sometimes it's JACKPOT !

Is it worth the price to use Disruption Delay ?

I was pushed in tier 3 in Europe ! :(
What team are you using ?

I've tried (all max) Mega Mewtwo + Slowbro + Deoxys + Lando or Victini, but it's too RNG dependant and sometimes the disruption doesn't help me at all and sometimes it's JACKPOT !

Is it worth the price to use Disruption Delay ?
You should always use Disruption delay! Beedrill only starts disrupting mewtwo and slowbro halfway through the game.
That has always been the Disruption pattern in the last few competitions.....

For 300, a full item run with mega mewtwo, cresselia, Uxie and filler. Choose between Azelf for double status, victini/xerneas/mew(15) for power or deoxy for a Disruption clearer.

I rather stupidly forgot to bring Uxie, and was kicking myself for the whole stage, but won with 6 moves left, so I think you'll be safe as long as your teams powerful enough...

And as for Beedrill, unfortunately, praying to RNGesus is all you can do. My score of 85k has a real risk of being kicked out of the top tier as many people are attempting the stage again and again thank to Weekend Meowth. Try again if you've got the cash and guts...
Thanks EJ190, I'll try a MMY/Cresselia/Uxie/Victini for stage 300 and hope for the best...

At least you two aren't in the 3DS EU competition. Top 200 get the big prize and 200th is now pushing 85k. I did improve on my PB to just over 80k but alas, it is not enough for tier one. Not that I can complain; the RML I got from Mewtwo while grinding Swap to SL3 (which only took 15-20 goes) while waiting to get my wisdom teeth removed earlier makes up for that.

Currently on the warpath to 250 for Keldeo which is my likely stopping point depending on updates and other things. Pretty much used Sky Blast (with SL4 Braviary to boot) variations the whole EB since dropping Slowbro (Rayquaza or Tyranitar depending on the stage) with the exception being 150 which I beat with all items bar C-1 with Tyranitar / Cresselia / Alakazam (SL3) / Lugia. Some non-boss stages have proved to be troublesome though... Though still, could be worse: could be 296-300.
I'm in the same boat with Mega Beedrill, 3DS EU competition. Atm I'm still in the second tier with my 70k score, but I'm sure I'll drop in the third one in a few hours, so I'll have to make at least another attempt to improve my result. I really hope I won't have to spend too much for this stupid competition, I'm quite low on coins (around 35k), and I still have to beat Keldeo 300...

I used it but I wanted to know if it worths the price
To put it into perspective, you normally have to do a full item run to win 2 msu/RML in an EB.
Compared to that, doing 2-5 full item for 6 enhancement items is actually pretty cheap. One of my fb friend did 11 runs to get a score of 89k...

I've already done 5 full runs, and only pushed to 62K :( I don't know what happens, in previous competitions, I've always been in the first 500 ! Damned :(

For Escalation, I'm at 215 and climbing, been swapping between Full Candy MMY and Alakazam, team being Unown-!, SL3 Uxie, and a filler (Cresselia, Victini, or Azelf depedning on the level). At the very least, I have yet to fail an angry skip, though some boss levels have been jerks if I tried without C-1 for the added Keldeo.

After a day of Meowth farming, I did another attempt at Mega Beedrill. Despite the above average luck with disruption-generated combos, I ended scoring around 77500 points. While still a rather mediocre result, it should be enough to get the tier 2 prizes :P

82,290 on MBeedrill which is about to drop out of the top tier, so I'm grinding back (was down to 399 after that) and should have enough for one more run.
Update: Managed to get back into the 40s yesterday after a huge (yuge) Sunday Meowth, and put up a 92393 which has me middle of the top tier right now. (139th in NA 3DS, top 300 win the jackpot.)

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Took me about 4 tries to barely get into the tier 2 score for mega beedrill, hopefully it'll last for the next 3-4 hours but I'm done with it.
As for the Keldeo EB I'm aiming for 300, currently at 274 and this thing is really hard but M-Ray really does its job fairly well

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Feraligatr at long last
Winking Togekiss
Mission Card #14 (3000 Coins 3*)
Mission Card #15 (Venusaurite / 1× Skill Booster M 7*, 1× Mega Speedup 10*)
Mission Card #16 (1× Raise Max Level 9*, 1× Mega Speedup 17*, 1× Skill Swapper 26*)

Returning Content
Palkia (Drops PSB's)
Kabutops (Drops PSB's)
Bellossom (Drops PSB's)
Thundurus-Incarnate (Drops PSB's, Speedups)

Future Content
Mega Pidgeot (Bring Electivire)
Electivire (Drops PSB's, RML's?)
Daily Pokémon #7 (New set!)
Thundurus-Therian
NO ESCALATION BATTLE FOR ONCE!!!

Challenges
Feraligatr: Base 70 Water-type w/ Paralyse.
Winking Togekiss: Base 60 Fairy-type w/ Power of 4+.
Thundurus-Therian: Base 70 Electric-type w/ Risk-Taker.
Mega Pidgeot: 18 icons, 12 Speedups, Horizontal V-Clear (Like a beak!).

Daily Pokémon
Winking Bulbasaur: Base 40 Grass-type w/ Block Smash+.
Winking Charmander: Base 40 Fire-type w/ Barrier Bash+.
Winking Squirtle: Base 40 Water-type w/ Rock Break+.
Winking Jigglypuff: Base 40 Fairy-type w/ Eject+.
Winking Clefairy: Base 50 Fairy-type w/ Block Smash+.

All done.

Also:

Mission Card #16:

"Trigger Eject+ against Snover 15 times!"

Snover has 15 moves (excluding Moves +5). And it's a three Pokémon stage.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

There's also: Roserade w/o a Mega Evolution, Simisear with Normal-types, Abomasnow with 20 moves left... What a sadistic card. At least there's no "Get a large combo!" stuff and nothing looks like you must use a jewel, but oh boy this will be tough.

Last edited:
Isn't Paralyse meh ? Whirlpool (and Kingdra) are better ?

I'm still level 197 on Darkrai, I want to finish it and so many things to do
Finally ranked 1200 in EU, so only 1 RML / 1 MSU

FINALLY FLYING MEGA ! Yeaaaah ! It's a shape like that >

OK, so
>My rank dropped to 1844 before the match ended so I have 3 RML to look forward to.
>Feraligatr caught itemless on 2nd attempt with mega sceptile.
>Togekiss caught itemless on 3rd attempt with mega mawile team.
>Bellossum has been sl4 forever. Taking it to 5.
>2 psbs from Thundurus....
Im already done with this week's content. Just need to do Bellossum, who, hopefully won't be a bitch... 57 psbs to go...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Mega Pidgeot is going to be a fun competition. 18 turns (No Fast Match), Same Prize Tiers and Prizes (except different stones) as Mega Beedrill (For EU: Top 200 get Stone and 3× Speedup and RML, Top 1000 get one less Speedup and RML, Top 5,000 only get one Speedup and RML with the stone, Top 10,000 get the stone and DD, Top 14,000 get AP↑ and DD, Any worse is a simple AP↑) and this disruption schedule:

Countdown 1
When the stage starts, choose an action:
-Fill columns 1 and 2 with [Pidgey,Rocks,Rocks,Pidgeotto,Pidgey,Rocks,Rocks,Pidgeotto,Pidgey,Rocks,Rocks,Pidgeotto]
Repeat every 3 moves.

Countdown 2
After a combo of 2 or more lines, choose an action:
-Fill the 3x4 block starting at 5:6 with [nothing,Electivire,nothing,Pidgeot,Electivire,Pidgeot,Electivire,nothing,Electivire,nothing,Pidgeot,nothing]
-Fill the 3x4 block starting at 1:1 with [nothing,Pidgeot,nothing,Electivire,nothing,Electivire,Pidgeot,Electivire,Pidgeot,nothing,Electivire,nothing]
-Fill the 3x4 block starting at 5:2 with [nothing,Electivire,nothing,Pidgeot,Electivire,Pidgeot,Electivire,nothing,Electivire,nothing,Pidgeot,nothing]
-Fill columns 1 and 2 with [Pidgey,Rocks,Rocks,Pidgeotto,Pidgey,Rocks,Rocks,Pidgeotto,Pidgey,Rocks,Rocks,Pidgeotto]
After 4 times, switch countdown.

Rayquaza might be in for a rough time here.

Should also be noted that Thundurus-T is a timed stage with 50 seconds the limit.

---

As for me: Completed Keldeo 250 with full items using Mega Rayquaza Sky Blast with a few turns left. Might go for 300 given I've caught all the new stuff and have now done 100% of the new main stages in S-Ranks and catches. Some annoying moments but we got the job done. Mission Cards? We'll see soon enough. Comfortable Tier 2 was my place for Mega Beedrill.

Last edited:
Got Tier 1 for NA 3DS! 171st place. Tyranitar now has 4 speedups, and there's two more this week (+ potentially six more, but I ain't holding my breath that Thundurus will be that generous).

Caught W-Togekiss and Feraligatr already. Working on the Mission Cards, then visiting ATMeowth for the rest of the week and next.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Halloween Pikachu is confirmed to show up starting on the 18th of October.

Because we totally need another 50 BP Electric-type with some random ability that isn't going to redeem it from falling into chaff territory.

In other news, did all the Mission Card missions save the 70,000 score mission. Grinding coins at the moment. Might look at doing the last 50 stages of Keldeo-R?

I only have 25K left, and only level 270 in EB ... And oh my gosh, I finish some levels with one or two moves, it starts becoming very hard ... Maybe I should try a different Mega than MMX which takes too many turns to mega evolve (even if full candied) ... Maybe Gengar ? Rayquaza ?

Please, no more EB right now (or a short one)

Recommendations for last levels (296-299) seems to be Rayquaza with a Sky Blast team. I'm gonna try it out since the main thing is to combo this fight.

I need a content break after this EB. So drained of Coins, and I still need to catch the new mons, plus the main stage update.

I'm finally level 296 and I've maybe done the perfect start with Mega evolving Rayquaza in two turns and damn, that's a tank ! I will try Skyblast team but I think AP is needed

For those having issues with Keldeo 296-299, I strongly recommend sticking with a MMY team. While Skyblast-boosted combos can deal enormous damage, Skyblast activation rate is too low to be reliable. I tried this strategy too, since I kept reading of people having success with it, but I never came close to beating stage 296.
The team I used to beat those stages was MMY(5/5, SL3) / Unown-! / Victini / Alakazam(SL3). The results were as follows:

296: itemless, 2 moves left
297: M+5, 3 moves left
298: M+5, 7 moves left
299: itemless, 2 moves left

So, only two M+5 used, and only one really needed. The itemless wins on stages 296 and 299 were achieved after 2 or 3 fails, whereas the M+5 on stages 297-298 secured the victory on the first attempt. A lot of patience is required to beat all the four stages itemless, but it can be done nonetheless. The 296-299 stretch can be very frustrating, since sometimes you do everything perfectly (quick mega evolution, no disruption, frequent activation of abilities), but you still fail because of the lack of decent combos. It's very luck-dependent, but keep trying and you'll succeed (sooner or later).

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
broke af after clearing keldeo 300 =/ am struggling to make the coins back but it's difficult when I'm using the king of meowth squads by using deoxys l8/glalie level 14/yveltal 14/heracross 13. :( half my mons will either delay disruptions or remove it completely, i have one strong mon, and yveltal's kinda there.

edit: at least next week is a dead week with just the competition + daily winking mons. Managed to get 200ish or so in the beedrill comp with minimal effort and like a 91k score

Finished this EB with only 15k gold left ... at least, My Mega Tyranitar is almost fully candied ... Need some gold for next week ! At least, there is Meowth today !

Sitting on 90k with nothing to do. Can't play shuffle tomorrow, so it's fine I guess.
I'm dreading the Pidgeot comp since I haven't had the time to grind on Ampharos...

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Currently training both my Electivire and Jolteon for the M-Pidgeot comp, hopefully we get the extra victini on Tuesday's check-in. Still not sure which Mega or 4th support to use though, considering dropping some speedups and skill swapper on ampharos since I don't see Rayquaza shining too much against so many disruptions, although Glalie could be nice as well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)