Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A question for those who are grinding Risk-Taker Machamp: is it me, or the drop rate is really horrible? After two days of PSB farming I'm just at SL 3,2. I think I'm averaging 1 PSB every 5 hearts, maybe even less. I wonder if I should stop here and start grinding coins for next week's EB, I'm only at 40k coins now and I usually try to start EBs with at least 80k...
Machamp's drop rates are 1 in 4 (PSB 1), 1 in 8 (PSB 2), 1 in 16 (PSB 3). Considering this, the chances that Machamp will drop a PSB are 197 in 512 (~38.4%). Consider the scenarios where Machamp drops multiple PSB's a run and you are expected to get 0.4375 PSB's every run (7 PSB's every 16 runs). Manaphy is similar but PSB 3 has 1 in 8 odds which makes it 0.5 PSB's every run (1 PSB every 2 runs).

Basically RNG has not been favouring you. I've been farming Machamp myself now that I got my goal for Manaphy of SL3 but have not been getting the luck I got with Manaphy, but still getting around the average, and winning consistently with Mega Pidgeot Sky Blast. Currently a bit of the way to SL4 with about 16/17 PSB's to go.

Machamp's drop rates are 1 in 4 (PSB 1), 1 in 8 (PSB 2), 1 in 16 (PSB 3). Considering this, the chances that Machamp will drop a PSB are 197 in 512 (~38.4%). Consider the scenarios where Machamp drops multiple PSB's a run and you are expected to get 0.4375 PSB's every run (7 PSB's every 16 runs). Manaphy is similar but PSB 3 has 1 in 8 odds which makes it 0.5 PSB's every run (1 PSB every 2 runs).

Basically RNG has not been favouring you. I've been farming Machamp myself now that I got my goal for Manaphy of SL3 but have not been getting the luck I got with Manaphy, but still getting around the average, and winning consistently with Mega Pidgeot Sky Blast. Currently a bit of the way to SL4 with about 16/17 PSB's to go.
Thank you very much for your quick and very exhaustive answer! Since the odds are not so bad, I'll definitely go to SL4. I hope I'll have better luck tomorrow.
And thank you for mentioning Manaphy, I completely forgot about it. Did you use a Skill Swapper on it?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thank you very much for your quick and very exhaustive answer! Since the odds are not so bad, I'll definitely go to SL4. I hope I'll have better luck tomorrow.
And thank you for mentioning Manaphy, I completely forgot about it. Did you use a Skill Swapper on it?
I did. You don't have to use Skill Swapper on it though, Poliwrath can Eject if you have enough S-Ranks though its Eject is weaker than Manaphy's and Swap+ is still a good ability; just that I opted to go with Eject++ because ejecting five non-supports at a time can be very valuable.

Also I realised after making that post that you can calculate PSB expected values by just adding the three probabilities together... At least I can prove that it's accurate by using long-hand calculations hahaha.

Well, got the top tier prize for banette, and Machamp is ~17 psb away from Sl5.
Not even gonna bother putting an effort in next week's competition. Too busy.

Phew...I'm finally done with PSB farming, with Risk-Taker Machamp at SL4 and Eject++ Manaphy at SL2. Now I'll spend the next 3 days alternating beetween Meowth and Snorlax, in order to gain some levels for my newly RML'd Fighting Types (Machamp, Lucario and Throh) ^^

A good weekend for me ! Back at 75K, Machamp is almost SL4 (don't know if I will have the time to go the 5 !) and ready for tomorrow !

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
:cries:

I've spent like 60 hearts and still no Sharpedo drop... This is doing my head in. Last night I spent 9 hearts, got Cherubi 5 times and Spinda 3 with one Sunkern (which I still haven't caught). Gief me Sharpedo plzzzzzz

Spent another 8 this morning. 5 more Cherubi, 2 Spinda and a Sunflora. WHERE ARE YOU SHARPEDO?

"Gotta Catch 'Em All" people, don't forget about Sleepychu today. Fixed board, easy enough to clear with a good Ground team, caught it with a Poké Ball to finish the week.

S-ranked almost all of the stages, only missing catching some of the new stuff. sitting at almost 70K coins, only going to farm medi to SL2 next week, and hopefully meloetta won't take too much coins, so I guess all the cost will be outdone with daily scraps and sunday meowth.

I have medi halfway of lv13, I'm going to put it to lv15, but I doupt I'll be able to train any of the other RML for sharpedo comp. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.
Considering that the disruptions will have extra pokemon, rayquaza will lose some effectivenes and ttar will be the top used. however I should see how the disruption goes, because I think the own medichams could be already alinged in the disruption.

Just hoping I can get in the 400 threshold with just lv10 mons+medi. there are an insane amount of RML options, including lv20 machamp.

I wish the RML were instead "Raise Strengh", so instead of giving you the option to be able to do hellgrind to get more damage output of a pokemon (not including how stupid it is that the most increase is when going from lv14 to 15) the attack power of a mon directly increases, regardless of the level of the pokemon, and being the increase proportional to the level. Maybe even make those ones need a bit more exp to reach Lv10, but not twice the exp you put to go from 1 to 10 to go from 10 to 15. And not even mention the needed amount for going from 15 to 20.

Thankfully I can skimp on the Sharpedo competition (I don't spend coins if I already have the Mega Stone), because I expect a serious drain from Meloetta, and I haven't even finished Metagross or the post Metagross stages, much less caught or S-Ranked them. I have a lot of catch up to do during the next "rest" week.

Actually, meloetta will be a pretty light escalation.

Boss stages each 25 levels, like Darkrai, up to 200 levels, only the last one needs a full item run with complexity (maybe on others boss battles if you don't have a strongh enough team)
Also, all the segments are 24 stages long, so you have plenty space for skips.

Also meloetta has mega boost ++ which sounds good until you realice the activation rates are shit even skill boosted (10/20/30%; +5/+10/+15/+20%)

Skill swapped and skill boosted Manaphy to sl3 so I can use it for weekend Meowth. It's a more reliable quirky+.
Just take 3 Pokémon to Meowth and use Eject to remove the extra added support.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Just going to post some stuff that is confirmed and unconfirmed but very likely in the coming weeks:

November 15th: Talonflame repeat at last, Camerupt Safari (unconfirmed, but makes sense given Fletchling and Fletchinder are in that safari)

November 22nd: Keldeo repeat, Daily Pokémon #1, Articuno special stage (RML Drop stage), Wobbuffet, Mega Camerupt (unconfirmed but makes sense)

So yeah, train up that Articuno, and if you really like Flash Mob, do pay Keldeo a visit to raise that proc rate by up to 60%.

Meloetta's EB completed a few minutes ago. I really enjoyed this escalation for various reasons. It was very quick and cheap compared to previous ones (only 29200 coins spent, 3800 of which wasted on failed attempts), it had no super-hard boss or pre-boss stages, and, above all, it made me fully appreciate the qualities of Mega-Tyranitar (yes, I finally made up my mind and fed it those 15 MSU). Although I can't use it to its full potential yet, its ability to indefinitely delay disruptions and prolong status afflictions is absolutely incredible. Once I figure out how to take advantage of M-Tyranitar's effect to generate decent-sized combos, it will become one the best choices for future EB bosses.

Now, some data about the escalation. Since I spent a couple of days in bed because of a bad cold, I decided to keep track of all the skips I got (I was really bored...): 5+3, 11+5, 19+3, 28+3, 37+3, 43+5, 53+3, 64+4, 71+3, 78+5, 86+4, 95+4, 104+4, 113+4, 126+5, 134+3, 140+4, 151+4, 161+5, 177+5, 194+3. Levels skipped: 82 (not bad at all!).

Boss levels:
25, 50, 75: itemless, no particular team needed
100: AP+, M-Absol, Kingdra, Darkrai, Hoopa-U, 1 move left (HORRIBLE luck with combos and abilities activation)
125: AP+, M-Rayquaza, Hoopa-C, Hoopa-U, Darkrai, 2 moves left (same as above, I also failed the stage once :/)
150: M+5, M-Tyranitar, Hoopa-U, Yveltal, Darkrai, 1 move left (so, after the embarassing performances of previous boss levels, I decided it was time to give Tyranitar a chance to show me what it was worth. Although I failed the stage once for 200 HP, I was very satisfied with it :D)
175: AP+, M+5, same team as 150, 4 moves left (during an itemless test run with the usual bad luck I still brought Meloetta down to half HP, so I used AP+ and M+5 to secure the win on the actual try. Things of course went even worse, since it took me forever to clean the dsruptions and mega evolve Tyranitar. I had 7 turns left and still half HP to dismantle. Then, all of a sudden, Tyranitar did its magic, and a gorgeous Sleep Charm-boosted 31-combo brought Meloetta down to 10%. I couldn't believe my eyes. Thank you again, Tyranitar XD)
200: full-item, Mega-Rayquaza, Hoopa-U, Yveltal, Darkrai, 5 moves left (really disgusting run, no Yveltal matches available when needed, no combo over 10. I was still able to win thanks to Sleep Charm - after DD wore out - and to some very lucky Risk-Taker rolls - 4000+ and 3000+)

I think that's all. Now it's time to farm some coins and to do my M-Sharpedo attempts.
Long live Mega-Tyranitar and good luck to everybody :)

I'm level 101 of the EB and I've been farming Machamp, currently level 4.75 but I can't stand anymore this stage ... I finish I will finish the levelling with cookies.

And I still have to tried Mega Sharpedo !! (Stone is already mine, but I want to have some RML/MSU)

Also finished the Meloetta EB this night, quite comfortable Escalation^^ Every boss to 124 itemless, 125 and 150 with M-Tyranitar and DD and M+5, 175 with same mega, but attack up and M+5 and 200 with DD/C-1/M+5 and M-Gengar (8 Moves left!). WIth the gift items, I think I only used a bit more than 20,000 coins, which is amazing for 5 MSU, 2 RMLs and a skill swapper! Still have to do my comp run, but everyone on the leaderboard uses M-Medicham which I despise :/ Think I'm just gonna go with M-Tyranitar as usual.

EDIT: Well, seems M-TTar isn't too good on mega sharpedo's stage. Full item with it only got about 66k, second run with MMedicham (+Lucario@15, Machamp@15, Leavanny@10 <-- should've taken genesect, all blocks are easily taken care of by Mcham, since starting board is fixed) got 88k. place 38 atm, should be safe indeed^^

Last edited:
got machamp to lv 15 real quick thanks to Survival mode, just in time to submit it to the comp and let sunday and monday for more relaxed play with coin gathering and regular exp grinding

Got a score of 76688, currently 123rd of europe. Should be enough for the 400 cutout.
I still have enough coins for another try, but it will be with TTar instead. I though for some reason reading the disruption shape in pxparaiso that the medicham summoned from the disrption would be already matched, clearing the carvanha and shaperdo and potentially starting the same shit that happened with mega banette

Hoo boy, how wrong I was!

I though that judging that except for wednesday/thrusday the top was just medichams and people with lvs 20s but now I realice they're just lucky motherfuckers with sharpedo placing the medichamps too precisely for them.

Yesterday I did my first (and hopefully only) M-Sharpedo attempt too. 83141 points, 70th in Europe right now. Sadly, M-Medicham disruption generated no noteworthy combos, with a bit of luck I could have easily got past the 100k mark. Oh well, I think 83k will still be enough to get a tier 1 placement. I'm a bit tired of this kind of competition though...there's literally no skill involved, just pure luck :/

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Articuno (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Carracosta
Mega Diancie now deals extra damage per barrier removed.
Mega Tyranitar and Mega Beedrill no longer delay disruptions on opening a combo.

Returning Content
Talonflame (Drops PSB's)
Camerupt Safari (Drops Exp. Boosters)

Future Content
Nov 22nd

MEGA CAMEL (Bring Greninja)
Greninja (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Keldeo (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #1 (Drops Coins)
Breloom
---
Nov 29th
Kyurem EB
Typhlosion (Drops PSB's)
Zekrom (Drops PSB's)
Moltres (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Archeops

Challenges
Carracosta: Base 60 Water-type w/ Paralysis combo
Mega Camerupt: 18 icons, 7 speedups, erases disruptions around two tapped spots.
Breloom: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Rock Break++.
Archeops: Base 70 Rock-type w/ Power of 4+.

EB Prizes
Level 30: 1 Time +10
Level 40: 1 Exp. ×1.5
Level 50: 1 Mega Speedup
Level 60: 1 Disruption Delay
Level 70: 1 Exp. Booster S
Level 80: 1 Mega Start
Level 90: 1 Skill Booster S
Level 100: 1 Skill Swapper
Level 125: 1 Exp. Booster M
Level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Level 175: 2 Skill Boosters S
Level 200: 2 Raise Max Levels
Level 250: 2 Mega Speedups
Level 300: 3 Raise Max Levels

All done. Came Tier 1 in Mega Sharpedo and beat the Meloetta EB having just spent 24,000 coins overall (with 65 skipped stages and 27 fails)! \o/

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Articuno (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Carracosta
Mega Diancie now deals extra damage per barrier removed.
Mega Tyranitar and Mega Beedrill no longer delay disruptions on opening a combo.
?_?

Anyway waiting on Archeops and a full list of prizes for the new EB.

Also Tyranitar/Beedrill are still good even with the nerfs. Heck, Tyranitar is much better in the competitions now because you no longer have to not match it first while DD is active in order to maximise your disruption cycles in the second half. Also Beedrill is still good in Survival Mode because most of your turns are spent activating Risk-Taker anyway.

So articuno was just there so people can farm PSB of extra stages, nothing to do with the competition, that's for regular greninja. Now I'm tempted whether RML it or not. I guess is a valid candidate since I never RML kyogre.

Also, seems genius sonority wanted to jump into the nerfing bandwagon. R.I.P. my Shiftry clearing strat.

Also, holy shit, next week is gonna stretch a lot the special stage section. Are they really going to put all of these at the same time, or just the EB and the competition + greninja?

Its known if greninja will have bad PSB drop rate or good PSB drop rate?

I'm trying to finish Meloetta EB (currently level 130). Thanks I will do the safari+Talonflame => Latias EB will be the only event I miss (last time seen ? August 2015 !!!)

And of course I finished 1250th, kicked from the 2nd tier in the night :(

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Also, holy shit, next week is gonna stretch a lot the special stage section. Are they really going to put all of these at the same time, or just the EB and the competition + greninja?
There's actually three weeks of updates it turns out. So I just separated the 22nd events and the 29th events in the post.

Also:

Sunday Meowth now has a pre-determined starting board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)