Other Pokemon: Smogon OU Version 2 (Route Nine (After Ice Mountain))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should throw a strength puzzle in just for kicks, those were some of the most infuriating things ever invented. Maybe an sliding-on-ice puzzle too

Like the ice cave sorta from Johto except larger and dangerous dropoffs maybe? Got a proposal for how its set up?

Maybe we could throw a trainer with a hail team in, to show why hail is in no way viable this gen?
He's got to be early with a mega snow. Wanna try making it?

Hmm, what mons ya think should be here? Bout four here maybe?

I'd say that the upper levels should have similar mons to the route we just passed, plus some cave mons (ferro, more pupitar, etc). Lower levels should have dragons.

sure! I actually built one to get an achievement on firehusky's thread! I'll go look it up.

The only mon that comes to mind is Snover. M-Glalie is viable, and Froslass is technically viable.

Snover (common)
lvl 48-50

Held item: none

sure! I actually built one to get an achievement on firehusky's thread! I'll go look it up.

The only mon that comes to mind is Snover. M-Glalie is viable, and Froslass is technically viable.

Snover (common)
lvl 48-50

Held item: none
Sadly Abomnasnow isn't even on the viability rankings. We can have him on a trainer if we want to, but we shouldn't give him to the trainer.

Im gonna add one of my costume/avater hunt trainers here. Probably Lance (acter) to fit in with whole dragon shine. Ill post a team later as ik on a mobile. As for cave structure i think the upper levels should be icy with chasms and puzzles while down below its more rocky with some surfable water leading to secret areas including my costume trauner. Overall i think we should go for something vast and laberinithian considering the route before was sosmall

Alright, while a few others are working onsome things, i'll get my idea out of the way.

Legendary Spot Proposal

I couldnt think of something better to label this.

As a followup from my guy in the department store, there will be a section of the mountain blocked by buntch of rubble (clearable via rock smash) that leads to an exit. Going through this will take you outside the mountain on a path that is able to connect to some other mountain peaks (three) via bridges, which each have a pillar on them. A blind monk stands at the crossroads of the three bridges, and looks you over.

"So thats where that fool took my instructions... Well, at least you look capable. Visit the pillars in clockwise form, read the map each time you enter, and you will find what you seek."

Okay so each tower is different bit. First one is labeled the Wind Pillar. In it, you open your map to see brail with it reading here "Right, Up, Down, Up, Fly" with just using fly causes the atmosphere to change a bit. A mighty gust picks up, and columns of win start appearing, with you needing to take the right one all the way up to get to the top where you see that the winds started to help fortell the coming of Tornadus (which is now catchable).

After deciding to head back to the crossroads for the next pillar, you see the monk gone, and an item there in his place. Here will be the Reveal Glasses. You take them and travel to the next one, the Storm Pillar. The map reads here, "Left, Up, Right, Down, Right, Flash". A thunderclap happens and lightning and rain begins to ensue all around. Every bolt hits the ground below, causing some machines to buzz alive, making stairs for you to ascend to battle Thundurus above as he arrives.

Aftr coming back, you see a sign now there, with it saying you can re-stock the legends (all of em really) by turning game off and back on (whatever that means). You head to next one, the Earth Pillar, and the map reads "Up, Up, Up, Right, Down, Right, Strength". Doing so will cause the ground to quake, causing pillars to ris up and down, before allowing the whole floor to raise up so you can get to the top and reach Landorus.

After coming back to the crossroads, you see nothing and return the mountain you came from.

Anyway theres that one. Thought it be fine with a cool brail nod and all.

Last edited:
I was never planning on giving the player a M-Snow, just having the trainer we battle use one to show why it (and hail) isn't viable.
Ahhhh, alright. It just looked like you were proposing having Snover as a wild mon, which woulda been weird.

But yeah, please post a hail trainer, I've always been curious as to how those were built.

Salemance Gosh dangitt, even in hacks I can't avoid obnoxious brail puzzles.

Well, as long as I don't need to grind out a Wailord again (friggen RSE...), I guess I approve :p

Ahhhh, alright. It just looked like you were proposing having Snover as a wild mon, which woulda been weird.

But yeah, please post a hail trainer, I've always been curious as to how those were built.

Salemance Gosh dangitt, even in hacks I can't avoid obnoxious brail puzzles.

Well, as long as I don't need to grind out a Wailord again (friggen RSE...), I guess I approve :p

:D

(and you cant post some trainers/mons too (other words something to make this not spam).

I meant snorunt, and got them mixed up, that was why I brought up glalie and Froslass.

As far as building a hail team, it mostly involves throwing a bunch of ice types on one team

Abamasnow@ Abamasite
Ability: Snow Warning
Mild Nature
8 HP/ 84 Atk / 252 SpAtk/ 164 Spe
-Blizzard
-Ice Shard
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
232 HP/ 220 Def/ 56 Spe
Bold Nature
-Hail
-Protect
-Blizzard
-Scald

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
Timid Nature
252 SpAtk/ 4 SpDef / 252 Spd
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
248 HP/ 204 Def/ 48 SpDef /8 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower
-Softboiled

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Naive Nature
244 Atk/ 12 SpAtk/ 252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Spear
-Freeze Dry

Dragonite @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Multiscale
Modest Nature
96 HP/ 128 SpAtk / 80 SpDef/ 204 Spd
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
-Draco Meteor
-Roost

So, a whole bunch of Ice types, TheInsanity's Sand D-Nite from The Next Best Thing thread, and Clefable ( because Clefable) I know its not a great team, and I can tweak it it you want, but htis does show how freaking hard it is to abuse Hail in comparison to other Weathers.

I meant snorunt, and got them mixed up, that was why I brought up glalie and Froslass.

As far as building a hail team, it mostly involves throwing a bunch of ice types on one team

Abamasnow@ Abamasite
Ability: Snow Warning
Mild Nature
8 HP/ 84 Atk / 252 SpAtk/ 164 Spe
-Blizzard
-Ice Shard
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
232 HP/ 220 Def/ 56 Spe
Bold Nature
-Hail
-Protect
-Blizzard
-Scald

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
Timid Nature
252 SpAtk/ 4 SpDef / 252 Spd
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
248 HP/ 204 Def/ 48 SpDef /8 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower
-Softboiled

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
Naive Nature
244 Atk/ 12 SpAtk/ 252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Spear
-Freeze Dry

Dragonite @ Safety Goggles
Modest Nature
96 HP/ 128 SpAtk / 80 SpDef/ 204 Spd
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
-Draco Meteor
-Roost

So, a whole bunch of Ice types, TheInsanity's Sand D-Nite from The Next Best Thing thread, and Clefable ( because Clefable) I know its not a great team, and I can tweak it it you want, but htis does show how freaking hard it is to abuse Hail in comparison to other Weathers.
Guess it be little weird saying to try and slap a heatran there to help with the fire weakness? (Was an issue and route to help with that on hail teams even if it lost some health if i recall right). If memory serves there is a smog article in one of their issues explaining how you can build one so might be worth a look there if you want to tweak it further.

And no rock remover either?

EDITEDITt being harsh, just first drafts are always messy

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Salemance you mentioned Thundurus twice, maybe the first one is Tornadus?
estralita idk hail but 252 SpD(SpDef?) on mamo can't be good. Or maybe that's supposed to be Spe(speed). Same for DNite and Froslass.
What does 8 Spe on Clef achieve?

Alright, while a few others are working onsome things, i'll get my idea out of the way.

Legendary Spot Proposal

I couldnt think of something better to label this.

As a followup from my guy in the department store, there will be a section of the mountain blocked by buntch of rubble (clearable via rock smash) that leads to an exit. Going through this will take you outside the mountain on a path that is able to connect to some other mountain peaks (three) via bridges, which each have a pillar on them. A monk stands at the crossroads of the three bridges, and looks you over.

"So thats where that fool took my instructions... Well, at least you look capable. Visit the pillars in clockwise form, read the map each time you enter, and you will find what you seek."

Okay so each tower is different bit. First one is labeled the Wind Pillar. In it, you open your map to see brail with it reading here "Right, Up, Down, Up, Fly" with just using fly causes the atmosphere to change a bit. A mighty gust picks up, and columns of win start appearing, with you needing to take the right one all the way up to get to the top where you see that the winds started to help fortell the coming of Thundurus (which is now catchable).

After deciding to head back to the crossroads for the next pillar, you see the monk gone, and an item there in his place. Here will be the Reveal Glasses. You take them and travel to the next one, the Storm Pillar. The map reads here, "Left, Up, Right, Down, Right, Flash". A thunderclap happens and lightning and rain begins to ensue all around. Every bolt hits the ground below, causing some machines to buzz alive, making stairs for you to ascend to battle Thundurus above as he arrives.

Aftr coming back, you see a sign now there, with it saying you can re-stock the legends (all of em really) by turning game off and back on (whatever that means). You head to next one, the Earth Pillar, and the map reads "Up, Up, Up, Right, Down, Right, Strength". Doing so will cause the ground to quake, causing pillars to ris up and down, before allowing the whole floor to raise up so you can get to the top and reach Landorus.

After coming back to the crossroads, you see nothing and return the mountain you came from.

Anyway theres that one. Thought it be fine with a cool brail nod and all.
Isn't braille better suited for the legendary golems, not that we're making them obtainable? I don't really see any link between the genies and braille. Maybe a weird Unown letter mix-up or even just a plain cipher with some clue as to what cipher?

Anyway I have a proposal regarding Snorunt.
If you have a Snorunt or one of its evolutions in your party, a man using the Psychic model will run up to you somewhere in B2F and start dialogue. "Is that a Snorunt you have there? You know, Snorunt are very interesting Pokémon. That is, they can evolve into two Pokémon! Which of these items would you like to make your Snorunt stronger?"
Choice: Frigid Cold (gives you a Glalitite) or Rising Dawn (gives you a Dawn Stone)
"Train that Snorunt hard! In case you ever want the other item, visit the Department Store or the Mega Safari, they're sure to have the items somewhere."

Everyone its time to do my Costume Hunt Trainer for this region

Located In very bottom level of Cave/Mountain behind a series inconvenient strength puzzle's and a dark room that eventually lead to a ledge outside. This young and spiteful accolyte of the dragon Arts awaits strong trainers to show us exactly how we should not build our teams or act in the presence of other's. Willing show off his legion of dragon types and to show the world how strong dragons are he'll also rant about how much he hates fairies to the point of obsession and even if you dont have 1 will accuse you of using a fairy. He'll also use full restores mid battle as an example of his spitefulness. Anyway Like his idol he is is named lance but not actually the real lance nor does he act like him but still a challange none-the-less Utilising what more or less amounts to a hyper offence team to end games as quickly as possible because he hates long battles...and fairies

Anyway this trainer serves 2 purposes. To demonstrate why dragon spam no longer works and 2 get the player an awesome Lance avater outfit for his collection.

NPC - Costume Hunt Accolyte Lance: So at-last someone finds me, Took you long enough, I mean geeze how long does a guy like me need to wait. I bet you are here to learn the strengh of dragons through battle and how they can rain down utter destruction if not properly checked. Like my idol lance I intend to be a dragon master and champion so Between draco meteor, dragon dance and outrage nothing short of a strong steel Type will save you from them and theres few roles that other pokemon can do that cant be done better by a dragon. Infact with the exception of steels I dont see the point in using other..... What fairy types you say, I dont believe in them and I know saying that kills a fairy hence if you wish them to live dont mention them in my presence. How dare trainers use them, makes me angry enough to battle.

Wait I sence fairy aura..How dare you bring 1 to me, It because of trainers like you I'm forced to diverify and include other types. Its because of fairies I cant power through Teams quickly....Uggg Stupid Trainers why cant you give me a fair battle, I'll show you the strength of dragons, I'll prove dragon spam still works and I'll break your precious fairies. Lets do this.
The Team: Basically dragon spam Hyper Offence sorta based off of the actual lances own team with Zard X as its mega and Scizor/genger thrown in as his attempts to check fairies, defog for his team and help break stall. While this sorta team may have been viable in the past it is not anymore really simply because of fairies but it is fun to play against.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry lv 62
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Salamence @ Choice Scarf lv64
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Dragonite @ Choice Band lv65
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch

Scizor @ Life Orb lv62
Ability: Technician
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Charizard @ Charizardite X lv 67
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Gengar @ Life Orb lv62
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Battle Quote
Opening: I'll show you the strength of dragons, I'll show you the power of dragon spam, I'll show you the redundancy of fairies
After first pokemon falls: You resist, But my dragons
Last pokemon: It cant be, Did I wish to many fairies dead
Defeat: I guess its time I got a more balanced team if I wish to be a champion, the days of dragon spam are over for me.
Victory: I told you dragons are the dominent type, now be gone user of fairies

Post Battle: Well damn... I guess I overhyped myself to much..I tend to do that when I get hyped for battle. Sorry about that but ever since gamefreak created fairies my poor dragons haven't had much luck. Thats probably my fault tho for not building a better team, I guess its time to move on now. Maybe I'll get a few fairies of my own and create a fairy spam team or something to reach the championship (Clearly he has not learnt that spam does not work) . Anyway I'll be moving on from this mountain. I wont be needing this anymore ''Hands player Lance avater outfit'' Goodbye trainer.

Lance Acolyte then walks into the mountain and is never seen again.

Anyway thats my NPC contribution for this Cave/mountain. Tell me what you guys think. I can change up stuff if you guys want

Last edited:
Isn't braille better suited for the legendary golems, not that we're making them obtainable? I don't really see any link between the genies and braille. Maybe a weird Unown letter mix-up or even just a plain cipher with some clue as to what cipher?

Anyway I have a proposal regarding Snorunt.
If you have a Snorunt or one of its evolutions in your party, a man using the Psychic model will run up to you somewhere in B2F and start dialogue. "Is that a Snorunt you have there? You know, Snorunt are very interesting Pokémon. That is, they can evolve into two Pokémon! Which of these items would you like to make your Snorunt stronger?"
Choice: Frigid Cold (gives you a Glalitite) or Rising Dawn (gives you a Dawn Stone)
"Train that Snorunt hard! In case you ever want the other item, visit the Department Store or the Mega Safari, they're sure to have the items somewhere."
Originally its cause i thought of the monk as blind and brail seemed an intriguing idea to me for unlocking legends.While not a secret language, its a language to help hide summon em properly and all. Also like the snorunt thing.

Creator of Chaos Just changesurf section to something else if ya could. Next gym allows use of it so slight change?

Yeah, I guess I should include a trainer too:

Hiker Stan

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Level: 58
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Seismic Toss

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Pre Battle Quote: "Always make sure your team's got a fast mon to prevent sweeps from getten' outta hand!"
Loss Quote: "Maybe I should've included a few more bulky mons or somethin so that I can actually switch."
Post Battle Quote: "Hey, you ain't bad son! Let's do this again sometime!"

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Web, analytic on zone? If that's a mistake then the standard spread of 172 Hp / 252 SpA / 84 Spe Modest would be better i guess.
  • And EQ > Stone Edge imo.
  • Either Gyara or TFlame for Lv. 60
  • Discharge > TBolt on Zone(gimmicky ik, just thought since Scald is so good it might work as well)

Web, analytic on zone? If that's a mistake then the standard spread of 172 Hp / 252 SpA / 84 Spe Modest would be better i guess.
  • And EQ > Stone Edge imo.
  • Either Gyara or TFlame for Lv. 60
  • Discharge > TBolt on Zone(gimmicky ik, just thought since Scald is so good it might work as well)
Only debate there is its not like Zone is Zapdos who is supporting its team so discharge is a viable answer where as zone is just trying to annihilate stuff with its attacks, making Bolt prefered.

Well, having rethought my Hail team, I have come to the conclusion that there is one major change to make. Namely, replacing Clefable, who just compounds the natural steel weakness. ANd going over the suggestions, the mon I want to replace it with most is...

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature
252 HP/ 232 SpDef/ 20 Spe (on a side note, yes, the D-Nite, Mamo, and Froslass EVs were supposed to be in Speed)
-Acid Spray
-Scald
-Knock Off
-Rapid Spin

A perfectly good Utility Pokemon providing much needed Hazard Control, and a helpful typing that resists Steel, Ice, and Fighting for the Ice teammates. If only it got reliable recovery...

SparksBlade

Community Leader
i would add toxic spikes to that tenta as hail+poison easily wears down mons, maybe over acid spray or knock off

Hmm, think i'll add a poke here too.......

Glalie (lvl 44-56)
Held Items: None

Glalie I was thinking be an addition as yes he isn't viable but his mega is, and its a fun mega to use every now and again and certainly worth entering and since its got to be somewhere (what with a guy giving his mega stone here too) might as well be here too.

WebBowser, what else ya thinking ya want here bud?

I already suggested (or tried to suggest) Snorunt, since both of it's evolutions are (technically) viable. But I don't know how viable Froslass really is, so I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)