Project Pokemon Smogon OU Version 3.0 (Fairy Gym - Medieval Town)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus

^hilarious... but what if it were real?
approved by AM
co-managed with Phione, Creator of Chaos, Anduril, Salemance

"Hello, my name is Professor Chou. In this world, there are numerous mysterious creatures called Pokemon."

"Pokemon come in all shapes and sizes, and people around the world enjoy the numerous experiences with Pokemon, whether it be collecting, breeding, contests, having fun, or forging friendships and bonds.

"But really, all of that is not important, because the only thing that really matters in Pokemon, is winning... And winning, and winning even more.

"Let's face it, if you're aiming for anything besides the title of 'Pokemon Master', you're pretty much just a loser in the world of Pokemon. Clashes in the greatest level of skill, becoming the most elite of the elite -- that is all that should be on the mind of the Pokemon trainer, and to that end there is so much to learn. It's a great big world of Pokemon out there, and it's up to you to discover it.

"We have discovered over 700 species of Pokemon, but there are only about 50 of them that are really worth remembering... 100 if being generous. You can find a list of them here in the Viability Rankings. Basically, the other Pokemon are... shitty and unviable. Don't use them.

"There are also a whole bunch of Pokemon, abilities, items, and moves that are clearly unfair and unbalancing and broken for true competition, so you can ignore them too -- and we're always working on improving this system. As a tiering researcher at Smogon University, I've dedicated my life at Smogon to helping tier leaders and the community discover what needs to be banned -- for the sake of real and competitive Pokemon.

"Through research and vast data of great players, here at Smogon University, we have made the ultimate dream for trainers a reality-- an entire region with nothing but Pokemon that are actually good. Welcome to the SmogSmog region, we are sure that it will make you a true Pokemon Master.

"That, or you'll just lose and find your place amongst the scrubs and idiots. With that, your own adventure in Pokemon awaits!"

[insert evil laughter]

Development of the SmogSmog Region Project

Hello everyone and welcome to the Pokemon Smogon Region project! With this thread we're doing something a bit different from all the other purely competitive threads -- something fun, something creative, and something that is still deliciously elitist. The aim of this thread is to answer the question:

What would an in-game Pokemon experience look like when entirely focused on making a Smogon OU-centric experience?

Where the Elite Four is so insane that you can't beat them without a truly competitive team, the gym leaders are too (with full, competitive teams of 6 bad-ass members), but the whole in-game experience is geared towards helping you raise a truly OU worthy roster; where you need to be a true competitive player to actually beat the game -- and the game itself is actually developed to teach what it takes to be a competitive player. This will of course encompass the education of how to battle (predictions, type effectiveness, playstyles etc.), process of teambuilding (type synergy, checking and countering certain threats etc.) and methods of using each Pokemon (optimal EV spreads, analyses etc.).

This thread is strictly fun and hypothetical, and is not intended to be the blueprint for an actual rom or Pokemon game remake. Please don't discuss something like that here either.

(However, if you do want to turn this project into a real ROM, and have the skills to make it happen, send me a PM.)
Where you have a choice between these 10 Pokemon to start with:

Modest
Chlorophyll
31 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 (HP Fire)

Relaxed
Overgrow
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 (HP Ice)

Calm
Chlorophyll
31 / x / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 (HP Ice)

Bold​
Chlorophyll
31 / x / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 (HP Fire)

Naive
Solar Power
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Modest
Solar Power
31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Jolly
Blaze

Adamant
Blaze

Jolly
Damp

Adamant
Damp
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31​

Where you can run into charming NPCs such as these:
"Hello trainer, do you know what IVs are? I'm the IV guru, but you can talk to one of my brothers in any of the Pokemon Centers. We'll let you know how your IVs stack up. What!? You don't know what IVs are!?? Well, it's clear you've got a long way to go as a trainer. Let me explain. See, everytime you acquire a Pokemon, a random number between 0-31 is generated for each stat called an Individual Value, or IV. At level 100, that stat will be boosted by 1 for every point you have in IV. For the most part, if your Poke doesn't have 30-31 in every stat, it sucks. Would you like me to rate your Pokemon?"

"Wow, your Fletchling is Quiet? That kind of sucks balls."

"Hello there, I'm master chef Jimbo-- the greatest, chef in the world in skill and girth. What? You want me to make you something? Screw that. Tell you what though, bring me some food (berries, honey, whatever), and from my amazing dishes, I'll hand you some leftovers. Should be enough for the likes of you.

Give Jimbo food? (Yes/No)

Alright, let me see what I can do.
Here you go. Let me know when you want more leftovers."

"High, yes, I am the EV shifter Delko. I have psychic powers that let me shift EVs you've terribly put in badly arranged slots, and move them into stats where they'll actually be useful. Would you like me to use my powers on your Pokemon? Ewww... 233 EVs of Special Attack on your Gliscor? We'll have to fix this shit."

^Yes, we can and will make NPCs based off of actual users in the forums.
BUT DO NOT SUGGEST AN NPC BASED OFF YOURSELF

Obviously, there are a lot of details that goes into planning an entire in-game experience (and we'll only get as detailed as people are willing to participate-- the more people get involved, the more detailed we'll get). So here's how it will work:

Designing Routes / Towns

All of the designs will be made based on:

1) Time Period for Proposals
2) Proposal posts for details about different game aspects
3) LIKES (the more up votes/likes a proposal gets, higher chance it'll be included in that town/route's information)

Routes will go in an orderly, numeric fashion. Generally speaking, they will follow a feel/design similar to equivalents in actual Pokemon games (the first route is a simple meadow with bird and small mammal mons, route 2 or 3 will have a bug/grass dungeon, routes later in the game can have mountain or ocean, etc.).

Towns too should roughly fit the mold of what a town would be like at that point in the game.

During route design, I will start discussion by posting some basic details-- options for terrain types, # of wild Pokemon slots, etc. (usually only those two details, though I might casually recommend up some potential proposals for mons on said route)

During Town design, I will say whether a town has a gym or not, but otherwise, completely open to proposals for what the town will be like. Towns may take more time to design, especially if they have a gym leader.

I will give 1-2 weeks for posters to post proposals about the Route or Town. (could be shorter for simpler routes though).

Wild Pokemon: I'll say how many species of wild Pokemon there should be on a given route, but from there it's up to you guys to propose what should be there. 1 Proposal post should only propose ONE POKEMON. Keep in mind: WILD POKEMON IN THIS REGION CAN HAVE THEIR DREAM WORLD ABILITIES.

Example post:
Route 1
Fletchling
Level 3-6
Reasoning: Talonflame is the best small bird in the game-- it's only only one that's A ranked. Really, there's no reason why there would be any bird on this route but the Smogon bird (and maybe starly... maybe...). Find it in the basic grass.

Rules on Pokemon Proposals:
1. DO NOT PROPOSE A POKEMON THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN PROPOSED
(though you may discuss/respond to why that Pokemon deserves to be on that route)
2. UPVOTE the proposals for Pokemon you want to be on the route-- the Proposals with the most "likes" = the Pokemon chosen for the route
3. The Pokemon MUST be on the Viability Ranking list, or un-evolved form.
UNLESS:
a) They are a Pokemon really good for EV training (such as Shuppet) b) They are a Pokemon really good for Experience (Audino) c) They are a parent that gives a Viability Rank mon a certain Egg move d) name is Ditto
Note: Moody, Evasion, OHKO moves, and banned Pokemon will be totally removed from Pokemon's learn sets and the game-- as will TMs, items (banned mega stones), etc. that would ruin the Smogon-OU pure environment of this region.

Event Pokemon: Event Pokemon can be proposed on any route or town, but I will use my discretion on whether a proposal makes sense or not. Generally speaking, an event Pokemonmon should be something more of a NICHE Pokemon (think Eevee), or a Legendary Pokemon (or something like Rotom). Pokemon such as Altaria, Bisharp or Dragonite that fit on a variety of team types and are staples of many teams should pretty much be in the wild so that a player could have easy access to getting it on his team.

Rules for Proposing Items and NPCs:

Items: Mainly focused on TMs/HMs/Competitive items, and at which timing and how they should be introduced, but just throw up proposals and if people like your proposals, it'll get included.

NPCS: Non-player characters, all those fun guys who come up and talk to you on a given route. These will have a lot less rules, and generally speaking, if the character makes sense and is fun, it'll be included. These characters are BETTER if based on an actual user, but try not to be (too much of) a dick when designing them. Character proposals CAN be opportunities to propose the entry of a new battle item or TM, or teaching the player something important about competitive battling. It can also be a battler with actual Pokemon.

Example:
NPC: Ninja, Somalia
Script: Ugghhh... I'm giving up this shit ass game, here you can have this if you want.
*You received TM 53!*
Meh, Giga Drain is almost always better, but if you got to teach Energy Ball to something, teach it to a grass-type and not a water-type like Jellicent. Because that would be gay lol.

Route 1 NPC: Random guy hidden behind rock outcrop
Script: Shhhh these rocks are my stealthy hiding place. Tell you what, if you keep my hideout a secret, I'll give you a present. Here, take this TM for Stealth Rocks.

Note: Try to stay away from designs based on REALLY well known/successful tournament players and/or leaders in the community, since these are members people will likely want to use for designs of Gym Leaders / E4 / Champion character proposals

Storyline: Generally speaking, we'll be more focused just on talking about where Pokemon/items show up and probably a LOT about gym leaders and game design... BUT if you want to write potential story line for the route/town being discussed, give it a shot -- and if people like it a lot (or if I just like it a lot...) it'll get included in that route/town's information. This includes events and whatnot.

Gym Leader Design Rules:

The gym leaders are going to be a bit different from the other characters, but same in basic principle. First, I will propose a "type" for the gym, and then posters will propose basic designs.

1) When designing a gym leader, first people will post proposals for basic design: Name of Gym Leader, 6 Pokemon, Script
2) The gym leader should probably be based on one of our members (and one of the better, more well-known players)
3) The 6 mon roster SHOULD include Pokemon NOT belonging to the gym's type, that can cover for the type's weaknesses (ie. Rotom appearing in the bug gym to cover the Flying weak).
4) In the same way as everything else, proposal that gets the most likes will BE CHOSEN
(Probably 1 week spent here)

5) From there, we will go onto choosing the actual sets-- in the same way, people will post proposal sets for each of the 6 Pokemon proposed in the original design. 1 Post, 1 set.
6) Posts with high likes will be chosen for the sets

example:
(Proposed Bug Gym Leader)
Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Level 23
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SPe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Now that we've talked about all the basics stages, there's one more thing I'd like to talk about-- The Bad Guys.
"Ah, there is one thing I'd like to warn you about before you head out on your adventure. Word has it that a new team of villains has been assembling in the shadows, the netherworlds of terrible online Pokemon stuff. They call themselves "Team Luck-Sack", and the name is quite fitting. They're an uncivilized bunch, dipping their hands into all the unsavory and unlawful practices of Pokemon-- evasion moves, moody, breaking sleep clause, using Swagger, and using Pokemon that have explicitly been banned by the lawful body, the Smogon Pokemon League and University.

"We have established tight security over the region, so I don't foresee any problems but... rumor has it that team lucksack is working on developing the technology to invade the region, and are slowly creeping in. It's just rumor though.
Generally speaking, lucksackers suck at Pokemon, so you should be able to handle any minor conflicts, but keep an eye out for them..."

Team luck-sack -- this should give you a feel for them.

Grunts: Shitty, terrible Pokemon not on the viability list, such as Ninjask, but using Double Team, OHKO moves, and Swagger.
Higher level grunts: Could see Prankster + Swagger and Moody.
Admins and Leaders: Still see crappy non OU-viable mons mixed into their teams, but Ubers, banned Mega Stones, and full Prankster-Swagg + Ditto, full Baton Pass may feature on their teams.

:toast: Happy Posting :toast:

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
.:Finished Route/Town information:.

First Town: Golurkmoar Town

Route 1: Grass, wild Grass, and SR

Second Town: Redarules Town

Route 2: Some Ocean Breeze before the forest

Forest: Tiemsix Forest

Third Town: Orland City

Route 4, Mount Dogars, and Route 5: Volcano!

Fourth Town: Dogars City

Route 6: Small Route with Ghosts

Sombre Town: Dark Gym Leader and Luck Shenanigans!

Route 7: Bit of a Jungle Here

Parakance Town: Psychic Town with a Department Store!

Route 8: Snowy Route before Cave

Cave: Dragon Shrine, Ice Cave, and Genie Peak

Route 9: Short Miscellaneous Route

Concile Town: Institute!

Route 10: A contrast of surroundings, TLS Genesect Lab + Pillar

TM and HM List:
TM06: Toxic
TM08: Bulk Up
TM09: Venoshock
TM12: Taunt
TM13: Ice Beam
TM14: Blizzard
TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM22: Solarbeam
TM24: Thunderbolt
TM25: Thunder
TM27: Return
TM28: Earthquake
TM33: Reflect
TM35: Flamethrower
TM38: Fire Blast
TM61: Wil-O-Wisp
TM72: Volt Switch
TM73: Thunder Wave
TM84: Poison Jab
TM89: U-turn
TM92: Trick Room
TM97: Dark Pulse

HM01: Cut - Usable After Second Gym
HM02: Fly - Usable After Fifth Gym
HM03: Surf - Usable After Third Gym
HM04: Strength - Usable After Third Gym
HM05: Waterfall - Usable After Seventh Gym
HM06: Rock Smash - Usable After First Gym
HM07: Dive - Usable After Eighth

Move Tutors:
Stealth Rock
Knock Off
Move Deleter
Move Relearner

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thank god this is back, it was so sad to see the old thread die, I'll try and put some work into this thread instead of just watching what other people do. Also, what are we really discussing right now? It would be nice if there was a separate doc linking to all the routes and towns and such in the game.

We're just wrapping up the town with Smogon Institute. I'd like to get an official wrap-up of this pretty soon, does anyone have anything to add to it?

Also, I think we still need a name.

We also need a name for the Psychic town and the ice cave. The Psychic town was like the Goldenrod City of this region, so the name should reflect this

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a theme to the names?

If not I nominate Silverbank as a town name. It is kind of like Goldenrod, but it is still original

Yay it lives :D. Thank you bless DarkNostalgia .Yeah time to wrap up the town and smog Institute. In last thread i added the debate room. A costume hunt trainer and references to a historical battle room but never got around to it lol so unless someone else wants the history room i think it should be dropped

So ideas for themes for route 10 and the town beyond?

Edit i second congealed cavern

Great to see this thread back up and running. I'm also going to try and contribute rather than just lurk this time.

Regarding the goldenrod-esque city, what kind of name are we after? Something grand or a silly reference? On the sily side we could go for platinumrod city or supahrod city. If we want something thematic to the psychic type then maybe Cognition City?

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Something grand, I would say. It has a big department store, and it's somewhat like Goldenrod city. Something related to Psychic would be cool too.

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Some ideas I have:

Parakance Town [pronounced pah-rah-kance] (combination of paranormal, kineses, and clairvoyance)

Alakine Town [pronounced ah-la-kyne] (combination of alakazam and kinesis)

Last edited:

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Oh yeah, name for psychic gym Leader, Nexus:
Talking to him for a battle: Oh, hello *trainer name* I've been hoping you would be here soon... Tell me, do you believe in the paranormal, or psychics? Well, if you're skeptical, battle right here and now! *after first hit* Hah, I predicted you would do that! *final Pokemon* Ok! Now it's time to show you what Psychics can do! *losing dialect* Oh... How did I not see my loss... Now it's time, here is the *badge name* badge, to prove your skill! *hands you Tm whatever number* Here is a TM for my favorite psychic type move, Psyshock! It hits on a pokemon as a physical attack, with defense instead of special defense, but it is a special psychic move!
Team(no sets, came up wi by the top of my head)
Alakazam - lvl 30-40 (you guys choose)
Azelf - lvl 36
Kadabra - 34
Siglyigh 34
Dustox - 35
Solosis/Duosion - 34

Last edited:
BoxedOccaBerrys Thanks for the trainer but Psychic city is already finished we only need a name for it because we skipped over it at the time and maybe a name for the gym leader i kinda like nexus. We wont be adding more trainers there lol. Sorry

Anyway we are currently on the smog Institute town. After route 9 and the ice mountain if you want to add a trainer in town or anything else go for it. Smog Institute can be as grand as we want it.

Anyway i like parakance and i like the name nexus.

We also need a name i reliesed for the smog institute town. I suggest victory county lol

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Concile town seems good. I think that should more or less end the town. We have layout, the smog Institute which on the inaccessible 2nd floor a few members of the council watch from and we have the rest of uni.
And depending on the rest of the games plot we may return here for the final TLS battle but thatll come later.

DarkNostalgia time to wrap up the town and move onto route 10

DarkNostalgia has asked me to wrap up The town for him which I'm Gonna do so now. In addition unless theres any Objections this town will be known as Concile Town as per Phione Suggestion.

The Wrap up: So following our slog out of the mountain accross route 9 we finally reach concile town. A gymless small town that would bve forgetable were it not for 1 facter. The God damn freaking Smogon Institute is here, heart of all debate concerning OU viability and strategy as well as the location where trainers come here to refine there battle skills under the watchful eye's of guys like albacore. It is a 2 Story behomoth of a building that dominates the otherwise quiant town. Inside the Institute are move tutors, a PWT battle room, The Actual freaking Debate Room of OU, a historical battle room thats Under construction and Finally the Upper level Admin floor which also acts as a resting place for OU Council members when there not Crushing trainers during there elite but again its not accessable at this time. There is a also a costume hunt trainer in the building but In short the Institute is huge and we'll likely revisit it later in the game

In addition to Institute the town has your usual pokemon centre and mart with there random NPCs and After that theres a Battle with your Ash styled rival. Finally rounding out the Town is a little Adventure in the waterways behind the Institute That may lead one to the humble pokemon and prince of the sea manaphy.

Overall the Town is small but it achieve's its purpose. Lets us Gear up for Route 10 and the Gym town beyond as well as giving us a needed break from the TLS shenanigens.

Relavent Posts

Anyway thats the town. The only thing missing is the actual tutors so If someone can put togethor 3 or 4 NPCs with previous Gen moves as well as any competive move not listed on TMs on bulbdedia would be nice and I'll make sure to link them. Basically make a list of moves. Salamence and webrowser were doing one but seeing as on hiatus somebody else would have to do it if thats alright.

Anyway Onto the next Route 10

Last edited:
Anyway Route 10. This is a short route with 2 splits 1 leading south to water and gym town 5 while the other leads North to bigger town which is inaccessable till the defeat of the 5th gym leader. I wont go further as I want you guys to build the route

Points to Discuss
  • Wild pokemon and Trainers
  • Items
  • Secrets, events and Story stuff if applicable
  • Not related to this route at all but I would like to build Consesus up on the TLS plot
Discuss and post we are waiting lol

Last edited:
Pokemon Proposal: Emboar (rare) (HA becomes normal ability)
Reasoning: Emboar is a decent wallbreaker with Reckless, and it can kind of fit anywhere, so since we didn't put it on Mount Dogars, putting it here.
Found: In the opening flowered part of the route before the split

Last edited:
Pokemon Proposal: Tangrowth (Uncommon)
Reason: Makes a wonderful Blanket check to special attackers when carrying assualt vest and can go both mixed and Special.
Found: In grass patchs close to streams

We'll be updateing everyone shortly on What the next gym is, direction we'll likely be going in the split the the route will be fully explorable and the actual terrain. But please if you have an NPC or Idea please contribute and remember we still need someone to do a move tutor list.

Anyway Trainer Proposal. Road-Queen Recreant

Basically right where the route split between north and south lays this amazing goddess of a trainer (more like crazy) with 1 mission in life. To prove she has a niche and that she is a worthy of facing the Rock Gym to the South or the 6th gym to the north tho she never seems to leave this spot ever making trainers battle her if they wish to pass her. Every time you approach the split you'll have to battle her to go past and by god watch out for her pidgeot.

Pre-battle quote: I have a niche. I have a Niche.....No Im not crazy and as much as it looks like it I dont sit here all day stalking trainers waiting for a bat....''Trainer attempts to leave'' Hey Im not finished with you, get back here, your not gonna pass till I show you exactly what I can do. After I beat you I'll finally be strong enough to beat the nearby gyms and it will be you who waits here instead. Lets Go Pidgeot

The Team: http://pastebin.com/Z4JYfzZi The Team is basically special Bird spam. Pidgeot and torn-T spam hurricane to spread confusin Hax. Jirachi is there to absorb Ice, Rock and weaker electric attacks thrown the birds way as well as spread rocks and paralysis. Scolipede just for the Speed-boost passing while acting a a 2nd fairy check which you need these days and and exva to rapid spin and revenge kill. Serperior is there as the sole water check as well as potential lategame cleaner. All pokemon are level 59

Battle Quote: Lets do this. I am the queen Recreant
Victory: proving once and for all I have a niche.
Defeat: I guess I need to practice more

Post Battle: Guess its only right I let you past. Choose carefully tho cause I'm only gonna move aside once and when My pokemon have recovered we shall battle again. Goodluck

Subsequent battle's: I'm no-longer the Bird Queen. Instead I am the Road Queen Recreant and you shall burn in the fire's of my Houndoom. Victory here I come. None shall pass me no more

The Team: http://pastebin.com/CfA0diwC Same as before but Mega Houndoom instead of Pidgeot and all pokemon are level 64 this time

Trainer Location: The Point where the path splits and is re-battlable without the vs seeker

Anyway Guys hope you like her and I hope Recreant like's her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)