Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
(sorry if i'm going off topic slightly)
One mon, as far as competitive viability, that has been in the back of my mind is Turtonator - and the applications of Shell Trap. Thoughts?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
People are saying Priority is gonna be messed up and stuff with the new games, and I gotta say...
Do you really think that Tsareena and Bruxish will break it? They don't seem like mons with good stats. RU at it's finest. It's like Shedinja: A mon with (Presumably) meh stats and an ability that might work in some situations.

I highly doubt Tsareena would switch in on Talonflame because it will most likely be KOed by Flare Blitz. Bruxish might be a switch in, but I'm not putting much hope on it being able to KO Talonflame before it sets up SD and then Flare Blitz.

Bisharp resists Grass anyway and Knock Off destroys Bruxish. Mega Metagross can still do damage with Zen Headbutt or any other move that isn't Bullet Punch.
Poor Azumarill could still Play Rough but it's very slow. If Tsareena outspeeds the it will most likely KO azuma (Who will probably be 50-75 HP because of Belly Drum). Don't know for Bruxish.

Mega Lopunny may not like the absence of Fake Out, but it can still do damage with Return/HJK

Then there's Psychic Terrain. Judging by other terrain moves, doesn't seem like it will be used much. Besides, I don't think people wanna waste one slot with Terrain. If the pink Tapu (The potato one) also sets when switching in, we might get a good user. But then again, five turns is not that great. If it is also half Fairy like Koko, then switching in on Bisharp and Megagross are a no go. And honestly looking by it's design looks like a defensive mon and Priority moves aren't exactally what people use to break walls.

It also depends if their speed is good, because blocking priority but being slower is pretty useless. Besides, only 3 mons have a Priority-Blocking ability. People will see them before the battle start and know what to expect.

tl;dr: Mons with the ability that block priority won't make a good use of it and the Ability will most likely be used only in AAA and Hackmons

I got a question: Should I get a tutor now, or wait til we get Sun & Moon? I want to start playing competitive but with S&M approaching I'm feeling kind of confused.
You can always start to learn competitive, but the meta will change. Gen 6 brought Mega Evo and Talonflame. If you were to tell us that Charizard would become a crazy threat, people would've laughed lol

But, I foresee VGC/Doubles changing a lot between Oranguru, no mega evos, priority blocking etc...

For singles, I think we need to keep an eye on Wishiwashi, Popplio's evo (possible water/fairy), Ultra Beasts (don't think they'll be uber, but let's see), Pyukayu (huge threat with its ability, you may see more hazard stacking to wear it down).

Other honorable mentions are Salandit's evo for poisoning those immune to it (I think poisoning only one at a time will be it's hindrance), Bruxish/Tsareena (priority is pretty big if you look at Talonflame, M-Pinsir, Entei, Arceus, etc...) but their water/psychic and mono grass is meh typing and they don't look bulky.

As far as Alolan versions go, I don't think much will change dramatically for competitive. Raticate, Exeguttor, Muk and Marowak have some potential to rise up. Maybe UU especially unless they get huge boosts in stats and better HA.

Tsareena being on island 2 gives me hope they give it better stats than what is expected of it, but thats probably just me.

Hard to argue vs Psychic Terrain tho, and Tapu Psychic will presumably have it auto activate, so...

People are saying Priority is gonna be messed up and stuff with the new games, and I gotta say...
Do you really think that Tsareena and Bruxish will break it? They don't seem like mons with good stats. RU at it's finest. It's like Shedinja: A mon with (Presumably) meh stats and an ability that might work in some situations.

I highly doubt Tsareena would switch in on Talonflame because it will most likely be KOed by Flare Blitz. Bruxish might be a switch in, but I'm not putting much hope on it being able to KO Talonflame before it sets up SD and then Flare Blitz.

Bisharp resists Grass anyway and Knock Off destroys Bruxish. Mega Metagross can still do damage with Zen Headbutt or any other move that isn't Bullet Punch.
Poor Azumarill could still Play Rough but it's very slow. If Tsareena outspeeds the it will most likely KO azuma (Who will probably be 50-75 HP because of Belly Drum). Don't know for Bruxish.

Mega Lopunny may not like the absence of Fake Out, but it can still do damage with Return/HJK

Then there's Psychic Terrain. Judging by other terrain moves, doesn't seem like it will be used much. Besides, I don't think people wanna waste one slot with Terrain. If the pink Tapu (The potato one) also sets when switching in, we might get a good user. But then again, five turns is not that great. If it is also half Fairy like Koko, then switching in on Bisharp and Megagross are a no go. And honestly looking by it's design looks like a defensive mon and Priority moves aren't exactally what people use to break walls.

It also depends if their speed is good, because blocking priority but being slower is pretty useless. Besides, only 3 mons have a Priority-Blocking ability. People will see them before the battle start and know what to expect.

tl;dr: Mons with the ability that block priority won't make a good use of it and the Ability will most likely be used only in AAA and Hackmons
Are you basing this off of looks?
Because, as far as I know, we don't have stats for either.

To me, Bruxish looks like it could possibly be a wall. It looks bulky enough.

Tsareena has those tough legs and her own move. While she could just be a gimmick, she could also be a very strong physical attacker or at the very least, a gRass cannon.

You're forgetting a few things. First, don't sleep the the mighty Tapu Tato. A Psychic Terrain setting Ability means that it can lend anti-priorty support to other Mons without having to waste a turn setting the move up manually. Sure, 5 turns isn't too long, but it is long enough for a sweeper to do some serious damage.

Second, Bruxish is interesting because we've seen it use Aqua Jet. In other words it has protection from priority while also having priority itself, so unless you're dealing with Mold Breaker Quick Attack Pinsir more some reason (pre-Mega, I guess?) or the oh so terrifying Mold Breaker Basculin, Bruxish's Aqua Jet is not getting outpaced.

Finally, while Bruxish might have "meh" stats (my hope is that it will be on par with Relicanth at 485 BST, but I understand that that could certainly not be the case), my girl Tsareena has my trust that she will come through. She is the final Evo in a 3-Stage line, and with legs like that she better be fast.

Also, there is the possibility that Mons that lack Secondary Abilities could get Dazzling or Queenly Majesty in that slot, seeing as nowhere on the main site does it say these Abilities are exclusive to Bruxish and Tsareena. Instead they are both described as Abilities "which no other Pokémon has previously had."

Last edited:
Saw the video with all the Poke Ball capture animations. Really hoping the Apricorn Balls are in the game, considering the presence of the "Johto Set" and Johto Tent shop. Did they have a capture animation in XYORAS? I don't recall them having one, only send-out animations.

Anyways, I was looking at the Island Pokedex listings to see what areas the Pokemon on my team were going to be first catchable. My Pokemon Moon team seems to be fairly spread apart!

Pokemon Moon Team Plan:
- Grass-type Pokemon: Rowlet [ISLAND 1]
- Rock-type Pokemon: Rockruff / Lycanroc [ISLAND 1]
- Fire-type Pokemon: Salandit [ISLAND 2]
- Electric-type Pokemon: Togedemaru [ISLAND 3]
- Ice-type Pokemon: Alolan Ninetales [ISLAND 3]
- Dragon-type Pokemon: Koomo-o [ISLAND 4]

Kind of surprised about Togedemaru, though. I thought it would be caught on the first or second island considering its a one-stage evolution. Perhaps its stats will be fairly decent!

Gonna give my opinion on why Litten won't be fire/fighting: Type chart weaknesses.

If he was fire/fighting that would allow the Rowlet line to counter him on the type chart which has never happened before.

Yes starters can learn coverage moves to take each other out but their typings are always strictly counterable in the circular Grass>Water>Fire>Grass pattern.
Infernapes fighting moves against Empoleon and torterra's ground on infernape

Last edited:
With the new ice stone, do you think they will change how eevee evolves? There are enough stones for all of them.
Fire/Thunder/Water/Dawn/Dusk/Leaf/Ice/Shiny

With the new ice stone, do you think they will change how eevee evolves? There are enough stones for all of them.
I doubt it. We've only ever had one altered Evo method in the main series, and that was the Prism Scale for Feebas, but even then Feebas kept its original Evo method as well. Oh, and even if they did do that, I'm pretty sure they'd go Sun Stone and Moon Stone, not Dusk and Dawn :p

Leaf Stone existed yet leafeon evolved by a boulder so I doubt it
Well, I think they did that because they didn't want to add an ice stone for whatever reason when Glacieon was out.

So, I guess they could say a simple leaf stone isn't enough for an Eevee to evolve into a Leafeon, otherwise it would have.
Thus, a Leaf Boulder is needed.

Perhaps ice stones would be more concentrated.

I still think Glacieon will require the tradiontial means of leveling an Eevee near an Ice Boulder, just clearing that up.

Probably not. There's a snowy mountain, likely with caves so they'll just put the icy boulder there most likely.

I am talking mainly referring to the almost sure Tapu Psychic auto setup ability if it happens, 5 turns may not seem like much, but for sweepers like Char X this can mean taking down 2 or even 3 mons comfortably without caring about opposing Talonflame(if it is in range of being RK) or Thundurus, M-Diancie cannot be RK by M-Scizor, which is freakin huge if you ask me, and if talking about Battle Spot Blaziken it becomes stupidly difficult to deal with.

And overall my guess is that this will impact much more formats like VGC and/or doubles, priority is huge because it doesnt care about Trick Room, Rain teams, TW, and it also was one of the main ways to deal with opposing teams who obtained speed control advantage, of course we dont know everything yet to tell what will really happen, but I really can see Fake Outs and Talonflames being nerfed.

I don't know, I think the reason Eevee evolves in specific places is because they were trying out new evolution methods, just like they did with Espeon and Umbreon before them.

EDIT: By the way, thanks Patrick1088 for answering my question. I guess I should wait.

My planned in-game team, which has two Ghost-types but screw it:

- Robinroot.
- Alolan Marowak.
- Silvally.
- WINpod.
- Mudsdale.
- Mimikyu.

Or, if Silvally's not available until the post-game, Bewear.

(Also, how the hell are people still arguing over the "Snowman" leak? We have a yeti crab crossed with the Rankin-Bass yeti. It's not just a snowman, it's a double snowman.)

Also I am intrigued by how Z Moves interact with Protect, also since Terrain only affects pokemon on the ground it means Levitate and Flying pokemon are still threatened by priority, man there is a lot of changes that can happen in the meta.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Also I am intrigued by how Z Moves interact with Protect, also since Terrain only affects pokemon on the ground it means Levitate and Flying pokemon are still threatened by priority, man there is a lot of changes that can happen in the meta.
Oh, riiiight...
They made the genius decision of nerfing priority and leaving Talonflame and Thundurus out of it...

Lure Ball, Love Ball and the last one before the Aether Ball, I think it was Master Ball? Those are the best imo. A lot of them seemed a bit meh and not distinctive enough - example the luxury ball and premier ball seemed identical to me.
That was the Dream Ball, which is maintaining its Gen 6 animation. The Master Ball was the first one thrown in the video. Honestly, I love the Sport Ball animation! I'm so glad I have so many Bugs that are in one, because that green net is spot on.

I thought the Heavy and Timer Balls looked the coolest. Disappointed with the Friend Ball's animation though. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)