Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Sorry to bring this here, but I read on 4chan that Chinese got the game a bit earlier. How much can I trust that info?
I'd take anything going forwards until release with a grain of salt if it does not come from Nintendo. If they do already have the game, then I don't really want it discussed here. Chances are copies have barely even gone out for delivery to stores to sell, and reviewers don't have copies yet (Nintendo are traditionally pretty good at that).

I wouldn't expect deliveries to stores to start until the week of Launch tbh. Anything before the 14th of Nov is probably crap.

I'd take anything going forwards until release with a grain of salt if it does not come from Nintendo. If they do already have the game, then I don't really want it discussed here. Chances are copies have barely even gone out for delivery to stores to sell, and reviewers don't have copies yet (Nintendo are traditionally pretty good at that).

I wouldn't expect deliveries to stores to start until the week of Launch tbh. Anything before the 14th of Nov is probably crap.
Yeah. Chances are we'll start seeing videos and stream pop up around the 16th, most likely the 17th here in the West since Japan and Australia will have gotten it since it would be the 18th there.

I have unlocked this:

01 x Greninja-A
01 x Nugget
01 x Star Piece
03 x Stardust
10 x Pretty Wings

Is there anything else that can be transferred to the main game that I'm missing?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Geez, they REALLY want to make sure you're not going to have to go through a money crunch, aren't they?

Honestly I would rather they varied the items. Like give us different types of Poke Balls, Berries, regional Full Heal foods, Potions/Drinks, Heart Scale, Lucky Egg, Eviolite, Leftovers, Shell Bell, Expert Belt, Wise Glasses, Quick Claw, Focus Band/Sash, Amulet Coin, King's Rock, Razor Claw/Fang, Rocky Helmet, Smoke Ball, some of the type-enhancing items (like the ones you'll encounter early game), Cleanse Tag, Soothe Bell, maybe even something like the Glass Flutes. Now I don't mind getting one or two "vendor trash" items, but how about some items that'll directly help with my journey and I might not get until later in the game?

my problem with z-moves is the GF's bad attempt to make weak or bad pokemon more viable through the use of z-moves. thing is stronger pokes will simply hit harder when using z-moves then weaker ones. making all the effort of GF pretty futile.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
my problem with z-moves is the GF's bad attempt to make weak or bad pokemon more viable through the use of z-moves. thing is stronger pokes will simply hit harder when using z-moves then weaker ones. making all the effort of GF pretty futile.
Yes and no. Again: it's only a one time thing, so it might add team balance.
I'm not sure, don't quote me.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
OR, maybe the stronger Pokemon would prefer something like a Life Orb, Scarf, or Mega Evolution if it has it. Meanwhile a weaker Pokemon who doesn't have that many options could opt for a Z-Crystal to be a one-trick pony.

That actually could depend. For example, rarer moves may get better boosts with the Z-Crystal than more common moves and some of them could get special effects. Also, we don't know how many exclusive crystals we will get.

However, now that I think about it… how will Z-Crystals interact with status attacks? We saw Nuzzle becoming a stronger physical attack, and Electro Ball and Thunderbolt becoming stronger special attacks, but what about status moves? Will they get an improvement as well, like the rare Shift Gear doubling its effects or something?

Yeah I'm not so sure. Maybe I'm just hoping too hard, but I have a little faith in gamefreak, and if their intent with z-moves is to make weaker pokes more viable then they would've thought of that. Seems pretty obvious

OR, maybe the stronger Pokemon would prefer something like a Life Orb, Scarf, or Mega Evolution if it has it. Meanwhile a weaker Pokemon who doesn't have that many options could opt for a Z-Crystal to be a one-trick pony.
Like, sure, I guess any weaker pokemon would appreciate a 170 BP option (depending on the move set)...but would it be worth bringing in that weaker pokemon for your once-a-game super shot? Would they not want another item just as much? Wouldn't a stronger pokemon just as much want that move as a gem-like surprise alternative?

So we know from the island leaks what pokemon are available on each island. From that, we see that some are missing, like Type:Null and Zygarde. What's strange though, is that these, along with the UBs, are all in the regional dex. http://pastebin.com/2HuqrDgj

So if a pokemon isn't available on an island, does that just mean we get it elsewhere? Type:Null could be given by Gladion, the legendaries wherever they are, the UBs in some different dimension, and Zygarde could just join the party after getting enough cells. Speaking of Zygarde, is it likely that there will be a totem one?

Geez, they REALLY want to make sure you're not going to have to go through a money crunch, aren't they?

Honestly I would rather they varied the items. Like give us different types of Poke Balls, Berries, regional Full Heal foods, Potions/Drinks, Heart Scale, Lucky Egg, Eviolite, Leftovers, Shell Bell, Expert Belt, Wise Glasses, Quick Claw, Focus Band/Sash, Amulet Coin, King's Rock, Razor Claw/Fang, Rocky Helmet, Smoke Ball, some of the type-enhancing items (like the ones you'll encounter early game), Cleanse Tag, Soothe Bell, maybe even something like the Glass Flutes. Now I don't mind getting one or two "vendor trash" items, but how about some items that'll directly help with my journey and I might not get until later in the game?
If you get the dual pack of Sun and Moon, you get two codes for 100 pokéballs.

I don't really think it's a matter of strong/weak pokémons. Those who'll have a niche fitting with the one-nuke option will appreciate Z moves, the others will still prefer other items, independently by their strenght. Examples? A pokémon that needs a powerful coverage move to blast some of its checks/counters. One that has a priority but would like to hit much harder with it in some common situations (IF priority is transmitted). Pokémons that already last shortly in battle, for example those who carry explosion. And of course those who would've benefited from ol' gems too (except for the consistent part of them that abused gems to trigger acrobatics/unburden). These are some of the niches that could benefit from Z-moves... It's not necessarily meaning that stronger pokémon will have a greater advantage with them, nor that Z-moves'll be useful enough to save certain 'mons from mediocrity... They'll just need to fit well within a particular context.
However, as I already said, considering we already had nukes like V-create, Boomburst or Head Smash, I was expecting something more from Z-moves other than having apparently perfect accuracy and no drawbacks, considering that they only have 1pp and use the item slot. As we know them, they're a minor change to the game, unless other moves vary greatly (if Nuzzle get a +80 and T-bolt a +85, there's a possibility that the boost'll increase based on how powerful the move is)... And of course excluding signature Z-moves, that could be far more interesting (Eevee's one is just an example).

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
However, now that I think about it… how will Z-Crystals interact with status attacks? We saw Nuzzle becoming a stronger physical attack, and Electro Ball and Thunderbolt becoming stronger special attacks, but what about status moves? Will they get an improvement as well, like the rare Shift Gear doubling its effects or something?
Well, we have Extreme Evoboost so I think they most likely become status moves as well, or maybe they aren't usable with status moves (Everything would have access to the Poison Z-Move cause Toxic, etc). Maybe they are a superior boost then the one status was based off of if it's a boosting move.

Well, we have Extreme Evoboost so I think they most likely become status moves as well, or maybe they aren't usable with status moves (Everything would have access to the Poison Z-Move cause Toxic, etc). Maybe they are a superior boost then the one status was based off of if it's a boosting move.
Check your info. Magikarp can't learn Toxic. Jokes aside I think that status Z-moves will do little damage, but still use their effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)