SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

Please forgive my laziness, I don't feel like looking through the whole thread so if someone could answer this, that would be nice:
Does anyone know if the timed events are based on when you first start the demo or not?

Thank you.

So after playing around with the demo for a little longer, here's some of my observations:

Alola is gorgeous. Really, way better than I anticipated. I play on a 2DS and I haven't noticed any huge frame rate drops, the constant Pokémon sounds in the routes make me want to play with the volume on most of the time, something that I didn't use to do, the battle music is quite nice and the visual is amazing.

The Mysterious old man grows fond on you after a while, he's just said I'm becoming more and more important to him. Even though he keeps saying he has nothing to give me, I'll still keep visiting him twice or three times a day just because smashing boulders feels awesome.

The trainer behind the Pokémon makes a whole lot of difference. Overall, the immersion experience is bigger than any other game before.

Lillie is as mysterious as it gets.

I wish there was a little more Pokémon variety, just Pikipek, Yungos and Pikachu make for a little stale experience.

I'm getting more and more curious about the events. I'm almost sure there's something related to Team Skull, because of what the police officer says, I'm curious about the man who rescued the girl, but I'm supposing it's the fire trial, I have no idea what to expect from the travelling girl and I hope I get something nice for celebrating the Pikachu's birthday with the old man. Is there anything else I missing?

Ah, I almost forgot. The fact that Pokémon and people turn to you when you get close/bump into them is nice. It was weird to hit someone with full strength with my bike just to see the person ignore the hit as a saiyajin. At least now, they look at you.

EDIT:

Please forgive my laziness, I don't feel like looking through the whole thread so if someone could answer this, that would be nice:
Does anyone know if the timed events are based on when you first start the demo or not?

Thank you.
Well, there's an easy way to know. Just talk to any one of the timed event characters and see how long you have to wait until the event happens.

So, do we only get that small cutscene with Lillie or is there more?
As far as I can tell, that's all we get. I haven't seen her anywhere else. However, I am certain that we will see more characters as time goes on, just as Lillie only showed up today. She may not come back, but we might other familiar faces.

Something I want to bring up is the way Lillie is looking into the stars before she addresses Sun. I don't remember the dialogue, but iirc its something like talking to something far away. There have been a lot of comparisons with her design to that of Ultra-Beast 01, and we can tell from trailers that they appear through some kind of wormhole/portal/thing, presumably from a far away place. So the mystery deepens.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
The dialogue was something like "What a wonderful view, I wish I could share it with you" (Bag shakes)
Then you ask Her Name/About Her Bag. In both cases she says something like:
"Professor Kukui helps me take care of my Pokemon so, um bye!"

As far as I can tell, that's all we get. I haven't seen her anywhere else. However, I am certain that we will see more characters as time goes on, just as Lillie only showed up today. She may not come back, but we might other familiar faces.

Something I want to bring up is the way Lillie is looking into the stars before she addresses Sun. I don't remember the dialogue, but iirc its something like talking to something far away. There have been a lot of comparisons with her design to that of Ultra-Beast 01, and we can tell from trailers that they appear through some kind of wormhole/portal/thing, presumably from a far away place. So the mystery deepens.
Probably she is talking to the thing in her bag (You don't have the best of views inside a bag)

While I do agree that Lillie is mysterious, what I find even more mysterious is Kukui and his role in all of this. We don't get too much interaction from Lillie in the demo other than the fact she's talking to herself or whatever is in her bag. And if we're assuming UB-01 is Lillie or has some connection to Lillie, Kukui clearly knows about it if it (UB-01) and whatever is in the bag are connected. I am more interested in Kukui's involvement in all of this honestly.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but on day 5 of the demo...

Right next to the Slowpokes blocking the way you can find a girl who takes you to "a really nice place where you can get close to your Pokemon".

Once you go there you have to ride Tauros and go through some obstacles. When you finish you run into yet another mysterious old man who admires how close you are to your Pokemon and gives you some Stardust.
IMG_9052.JPG IMG_9053.JPG IMG_9054.JPG

By the way, I downloaded on the 18th in Japan.

I think next event will be the one about this woman who says she'll introduce you to someone super cool, right?

Right next to the Slowpokes blocking the way you can find a girl who takes you to "a really nice place where you can get close to your Pokemon".

Once you go there you have to ride Tauros and go through some obstacles. When you finish you run into yet another mysterious old man who admires how close you are to your Pokemon and gives you some Stardust.
View attachment 72013 View attachment 72014 View attachment 72015

I think next event will be the one about this woman who says she'll introduce you to someone super cool, right?
I think you were able to talk to the mysterious man as early as day 2 iirc. Now I'm just waiting to see if he eventually gives me another item.

View attachment 72013 View attachment 72014 View attachment 72015

Yeah, the next event is in three days (i think), the girl talking about the guy who helped her or something.

I think you were able to talk to the mysterious man as early as day 2 iirc. Now I'm just waiting to see if he eventually gives me another item.
Me too. I go there twice a day at least, he keeps saying he has nothing else to give me, but I hope he can find something in the next twenty days.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I actually got that event involve the girl and the guy who helped her today. Details in hide tags below.

The "guy" she is introducing you to is a Machamp. The girl will show it off and then they'll walk away. If you leave the area and come back, she'll be there again and will say something about how it was fun to hang out on the beach whenever to speak to her.

That's it. No item received for this one as far as I can tell.

I actually got that event involve the girl and the guy who helped her today. Details in hide tags below.

The "guy" she is introducing you to is a Machamp. The girl will show it off and then they'll walk away. If you leave the area and come back, she'll be there again and will say something about how it was fun to hang out on the beach whenever to speak to her.

That's it. No item received for this one as far as I can tell.
... why am I not surprised?

So after playing around with the demo for a little longer, here's some of my observations:

Alola is gorgeous. Really, way better than I anticipated. I play on a 2DS and I haven't noticed any huge frame rate drops, the constant Pokémon sounds in the routes make me want to play with the volume on most of the time, something that I didn't use to do, the battle music is quite nice and the visual is amazing.

The Mysterious old man grows fond on you after a while, he's just said I'm becoming more and more important to him. Even though he keeps saying he has nothing to give me, I'll still keep visiting him twice or three times a day just because smashing boulders feels awesome.

The trainer behind the Pokémon makes a whole lot of difference. Overall, the immersion experience is bigger than any other game before.

I wish there was a little more Pokémon variety, just Pikipek, Yungos and Pikachu make for a little stale experience.

I'm getting more and more curious about the events. I'm almost sure there's something related to Team Skull, because of what the police officer says, I'm curious about the man who rescued the girl, but I'm supposing it's the fire trial, I have no idea what to expect from the travelling girl and I hope I get something nice for celebrating the Pikachu's birthday with the old man. Is there anything else I missing?

Ah, I almost forgot. The fact that Pokémon and people turn to you when you get close/bump into them is nice. It was weird to hit someone with full strength with my bike just to see the person ignore the hit as a saiyajin. At least now, they look at you.

EDIT:

Well, there's an easy way to know. Just talk to any one of the timed event characters and see how long you have to wait until the event happens.
Well if it were that easy, I would have done it. -.-"
Lol, I started the demo on the 18th on my first DS.

I just bought another one yesterday, for various reasons, and I can confirm the events are based on when you start the demo. If anyone else was wondering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)