SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Story Spoiler Discussion (Read the OP)

Seen that theory up there, it doesn't hold up.
Yeah its already stretching for Kartana. They are allconsidered dangerous & deadly, it's not unique to Kartana. Shoot Guzzlord is probably more wrathful by nature than Kartana.

people gotta stop shoving patterns onto things. "Megas are based on norse gods" never forget

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pretty sure the Norse thing was for the Gen VI Legendaries, and it apparently panned out thanks to Zygarde's formes.

Pretty sure the Norse thing was for the Gen VI Legendaries, and it apparently panned out thanks to Zygarde's formes.
Yes but that connection is also what lead to a theory that the first batch of megas were also norse based and boy let me tell you

there was some extreme reach going on there

Don't forget the "UBs are main characters" theory. It didn't help that Xurkitree looked like Guzma and Pheromosa (sort of) resembled Lusamine, although the people saying that Buzzwole was Gladion/Kiawe and that Guzzlord was Hala were really, really stretching it.

Don't forget the "UBs are main characters" theory. It didn't help that Xurkitree looked like Guzma and Pheromosa (sort of) resembled Lusamine, although the people saying that Buzzwole was Gladion/Kiawe and that Guzzlord was Hala were really, really stretching it.
Well, it might hint towards an aborted arc, lusamine did choose Lillie fashion and was regarded high by Guzma.

Probably on the design stages lusamine did choose the fashion of a couple of characters to be like the UB out of her fascination to them and their "beauty", but sadly it couldn't be adapted as such and was scrapped.

The turn of events doesn't help this theory ingame wise but it is true that designers can reach compromises to keep a narrative going.

Well, it might hint towards an aborted arc, lusamine did choose Lillie fashion and was regarded high by Guzma.

Probably on the design stages lusamine did choose the fashion of a couple of characters to be like the UB out of her fascination to them and their "beauty", but sadly it couldn't be adapted as such and was scrapped.

The turn of events doesn't help this theory ingame wise but it is true that designers can reach compromises to keep a narrative going.
I also feel like Nihilego was purposely meant to look like Lillie for symbolic reasons, regardless of whatever aborted plans and even if lusamine didnt start dressing her to look like it. The entire rejecting lillie for not being beautiful and oh hey nihilego is beautiful and looks like a warped version of her. And there's that one camera angle during the climax that frames new lillie on one side (with us) and lusamine with the nihilego right by her in full silhouette

Nihilego & Pheromosa's similarities in particular will probably get asked in an interview at some point and I hope they don't dance around the answer like gamefreak usually does. It would be interesting to know if it was just coincidence, if it was part of an aborted arc, if in-universe lusamine DID style herself after pheromosa, etc

Oh man after reading the posts here the parallelism between ultra beasts to some characters are definitely true.

I like the symbolism of Lillie changing his outfit after the Aether indicdent.

Yeah its already stretching for Kartana. They are allconsidered dangerous & deadly, it's not unique to Kartana. Shoot Guzzlord is probably more wrathful by nature than Kartana.

people gotta stop shoving patterns onto things. "Megas are based on norse gods" never forget
Yeah, agreed. I just noticed that there was a parallel for 3 of 7, but the rest doesn't hold water. But at least it makes a tad bit more sense than the "UB's represent the planets" theory.

Also, I just went out and tried to push every truck in Alola with Machamp to see if there might be an Easter Egg hidden away. There was nothing.

And finally, I remember people joking about wearing Nihilego as a hat a few months back. Interesting how that actually did end up happening, and in a truly terrifying fashion.

Stumbled on this thread randomly. Post #529 (being the first post I saw), reminded me of how the character's resemblance to UB's are never expanded upon or explained. Could be coincidence I suppose. When Acerola mentioned a "guy in a kimono" I was hyped to see what I thought was going to be Kartana's human counterpart. Granted I was still met with surprise, but I was dissapointed.

I finished my game 2 days ago, and I find it funny that it got a difficulty spike. At first, I got overleveled, defeating Totem Pokémon and even Lusamine with minimal difficulty, then came the Pokémon League. I don't know if I missed any Trainer or anything but even though my Pokémon were ten levels higher I had problems. And now that I'm playing the post-game the battles last longer unless I use a Z-Move and they have 1 Pokémon. Good job, GF, I'm having a hard time in a non-Mystery Dungeon game and I love it!

I finished my game 2 days ago, and I find it funny that it got a difficulty spike. At first, I got overleveled, defeating Totem Pokémon and even Lusamine with minimal difficulty, then came the Pokémon League. I don't know if I missed any Trainer or anything but even though my Pokémon were ten levels higher I had problems. And now that I'm playing the post-game the battles last longer unless I use a Z-Move and they have 1 Pokémon. Good job, GF, I'm having a hard time in a non-Mystery Dungeon game and I love it!
Colo did it better.

But yes, Hapu marks a 8 level spike with the last island and it stays consistent. Sadly the game gives shity moveset to a lot of Pokémon, offensive sableye on Acerola is the worst offender. But at least we have defensive carbink for Olivia, seriously Steven offensive carbink was the most hilarious shit ever.

But yes, Hapu marks a 8 level spike with the last island and it stays consistent. Sadly the game gives shity moveset to a lot of Pokémon, offensive sableye on Acerola is the worst offender. But at least we have defensive carbink for Olivia, seriously Steven offensive carbink was the most hilarious shit ever.
Don't forget how ridiculous some of the EV spreads are. Faba has a Timid, 252 Speed Hypno!

But I'd say the bad movesets are outweighed by the good, honestly. Hell, the game starts with some Red Card, Stealth Rock, Yawn shenanigans!

Last edited:
Colo did it better.

Oh right, I forgot about Colosseum, specially the Admins that used the Legendary Beasts and the boss rush at the End. How did I end up forgetting about that one? I guess that's why XD was made (partly) easier. Guess I should have said "hardest game that is not a spin-off".

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I had to revive Mimikyu cheese most of the league, sadly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)