1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Switching Statistics - August 2009

Discussion in 'Pokémetrics' started by Cathy, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Caelum

Caelum qibz official stalker
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If both players switch simultaneously, does it count as a switch? I wasn't sure from your definition because in order to be considered a switch an opponent must have a Pokemon on the field and if both opponents are switching, neither one does; or did I interpret that incorrectly?

If that's so, it might help explain the discrepancy between perceived number of switches made per battle and the number borne out by the stats.
  2. kingbattlus

kingbattlus

it also includes data from whirlwind/roar doesn't it? those numbers may be throwing off the results as well
  3. Cathy

Cathy

I would suspect that a significant ratios of battles are forfeited, but I don't have data on this right now, and no statistics can be obtained quickly (it takes all day to run anything like this), so this statistic will have to wait for another time.

If both players switch on the same turn, the first one to switch is said to switch into the pokemon already on the other side, and the second one is said to switch into the one that the first player just sent out. The purpose of the "if there is a pokemon on the opponent's side of the field" clause is that if both pokemon faint in the same turn, then first one sent out after that doesn't switch into any pokemon under my definition.
  4. MythTrainerInfinity

MythTrainerInfinity

Good work, Colin.

This caught my eye... Scizor is the 7th most common thing that Cresselia switches into (3.02% (1200)). Perhaps to take a Superpower or as fodder? I use Flame Orb Cress and I don't switch her into Scizor very much... hmmm. 45. Heracross 0.52% (208)... :( That's less than when a Cress switches into another Cress.

For the things that switch into Cresselia... Scizor is no. 1 at 9.73% (3591) followed by Tyranitar - 4.9% (1810). This is why I use Flame Orb Cress.

Sorry that I keep going on about Flame Orb Cress in a lot of threads, but some people just don't get how useful this thing is :/
  5. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I also think it has to do with the fact that, quite a few times, people manage to win their battle without having to use their whole team, whether their opponent forfeits or not. Also, suicide leads would never switch in onto anything.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)