1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Other Pokemon TCG Tournament #7 - Professor Cup 2012 - Round 3 [Won by LonelyNess]

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Mekkah, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

A change of nice pace! I don't think I need to lay out the rules on being a good sport and everything.

The format-specific rules are as following:
    1. Only cards allowed are from Call of Legends and the sets after that.
    2. In this tournament, Basic Pokemon are prohibited from use. Stage 1s function as Basic Pokemon in every way: you can play them down during set-up, and bench them during the game, and they are compatible with Revive, Dual Ball, Eviolite, and other cards that refer to Basic Pokemon. Stage 2s function as Stage 1 Pokemon in the same way.

For example: the Emboar line. Tepig is banned from this tournament. Pignite is a basic Pokemon. Emboar is a Stage 1 that evolves from Pignite.

3. The only exceptions to the rule above are the evolutions of Restored Pokemon (Archen, Archeops, Tirtouga, Carracosta). Archen and Tirtouga are treated as Basic Pokemon (like what normally would be Stage 1s), Archeops and Carracosta are treated as Stage 1 Pokemon (like what normally would be Stage 2s).

Also note that Abilities and Powers triggered upon evolution into what is originally a Stage 1, such as Amoonguss's Sporprise, do not work, since no evolution took place.

Other than that, everything is like last time. Single elimination, best out of three, untimed, no deck checks. Game 2 and game 3, the person that lost the previous game gets to go first. Matches are to be played on PlayTCG unless both players agree to use something else, such as Skype, Redshark or Apprentice.

Sign-ups, begin! A power of 2 would be preferable.

1. Mekkah
    2. rax
    3. CaptCombee
    4. Tolan
    5. zerowing
    6. LonelyNess
    7. Huy
    8. Cassie

subs:
    pokemonrocks777
  2. rax

rax

I'm in! :)
  3. Huy

Huy INSTANT BALLS
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

4. Cassie

Cassie giant claw

5. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Round 1
    rax vs Tolan
    Mekkah vs CaptCombee
    Cassie vs LonelyNess
    zerowing vs Huy

fuckin knew it

deadline is Wednesday, April 4th.
  6. pokemonrocks777

pokemonrocks777

can i join as sub?
  7. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

fuck yeah tangrowth
  8. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Lost to rax in a great series!
  9. rax

rax

Won 2-0 vs. Tolan; turns out that my anti-Goth tech is accidentally also anti-Conkeldurr. Oops. :P Thanks for the games!
  10. LudiImpact

LudiImpact

EDIT: I can't join. Nevermind.
  11. pokemonrocks777

pokemonrocks777

mekkah I'm still Here if you are looking for a sub still
  12. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

won 2-0 vs. Cassie ggGG
  13. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

Round 2
    Mekkah vs LonelyNess
    zerowing vs rax

Deadline is Tuesday, April 10th.
  14. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

LonelyNess is victorious over Mekkah 2-0
  15. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

g1 donk g2 terrible gg
  16. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

Round 3
    rax vs LonelyNess
  17. rax

rax

LonelyNess and I are currently 1-1 after a pair of close, fun, and somewhat hilarious games. Whee! :) Game 3 tomorrow.
  18. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH

I don't think I've ever had a closer, more entertaining set of 3 games.

Really great games, rax.

I won 2-1.
  19. rax

rax

Yeah that was awesome, coming down to the wire like that. Great games, congratulations.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)