Pokemon that benefit the most from Dream World (They see me Update'n,)

First, important links
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78983
Visually appealing version of list: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml

[Firestorm Edit, From the Research Thread: CONFIRMED Breeding a Dream World female parent with any male parent (but not vice versa) has a chance of giving the offspring its respective Dream World Ability. It is unknown whether Ditto counts as the female for this purpose, and we won't know until DW Ditto is released. (Maverick Hunter, 0mastar\The Shadow Knight) ]

Okay, if you read the info contained in the link above, then you would know that Dream World is a place where you can get Pokemon with different abilities then usual. This, naturally changes a multitude of things in competitive play. I am going to go in depth about the Pokemon I think have benefitted the most from their alternate Abilities. Im going to tell you now that I have a limited knowledge on the exact changes of the D/P abilities in B/W, so If I mess up, please tell me. Also note that my observations aren't that technical. Please don't think me less because of it. :heart: By the end I would like to have an elaborate list, So lets get started!

EDIT: you guys could also help me out by covering the pokemon that you think has a great new ability! I will Copy and Paste it in here. If you can, try to keep to the format. =]
People who have been kind enough to cover some pokemon:
NitroMetalHead , JLance , Uncommon Madness , Kingdom of Harts, Icyman28

Thread Announcement!
NitroMetalHead and I will be turning this thread in as an Article in the future.

Blaziken

Dream World Ability: Speed Boost

MOVES: Lv1: Fire Punch, Lv1: Hi Jump Kick, Lv1: Scratch, Lv1: Growl, Lv1: Focus Energy, Lv1: Ember, Lv7: Focus Energy, Lv13: Ember, Lv16: Double Kick, Lv17: Peck, Lv21: Sand-Attack, Lv28: Bulk Up, Lv32: Quick Attack, Lv36: Blaze Kick, Lv42: Slash, Lv49: Brave Bird, Lv59: Sky Uppercut, Lv66: Flare Blitz

Pros Okay, I think we all know what Speed Boost does, but for those who don't know, it makes the pokemon's speed elevate one stage, increasing its speed by 50%. In D/P this pokemon would always meet an unfortunate demise against faster opponents because of its rather lackluster speed and unfortunate typing. Other then its speed, Blaziken is pretty okay, even though its defense isn't much to brag about. Now that its blessed with Speed Boost, many devastating move sets can be made such as the good ol' Protect/Bulk up/Hi Jump Kick/ Flare Blitz I chose Hi Jump Kick to be in the Set because it does a devastating 130, instead of the D/P 100.

Cons Its a real imagination sparker, ain't it? a Speed Boost Blaziken really sounds like a blessing, but lets forget about that for a second that it has Speed Boost and focus on his weaknesses. We all know that there is no guarantee that it will hit first, there are moves that have priority over the pokemon's speed. An Adamant Kabutops could probably OH-KO Blaziken with Aqua Jet holding a Life Orb. Another possibility is that someone would try to be sneaky and Trick Room and just Psychic the living crap out of your Blaziken. People can also easily predict you if they assume that your Blaziken is gonna try to take advantage of its newfound ability and just Encores your attempts to stall for a boost, or they will bring out a Hazer and just put your boosts to an end then and there.

Overall
Okay, so over all its a great addition to Blaziken, I personally think that Blaziken deserves it. As far as this pokemon making Uber tier, I think the possibility is farfetched, there are too many ways to bring Blaziken down for Uber, I have a feeling that it will be comfortably seated in OU.

Staraptor

Dream World Ability: Reckless

Moves: Lv1: Tackle, Lv1: Growl, Lv1: Quick Attack, Lv1: Wing Attack, Lv5: Quick Attack, Lv9: Wing Attack, Lv13: Double Team, Lv18: Endeavor, Lv23: Whirlwind, Lv28: Aerial Ace, Lv33: Take Down, Lv34: Close Combat, Lv41: Agility, Lv49: Brave Bird, Lv57: [M515]

Ability Characteristics
Moves with recoil gain 20% more blam.

Pros
I can't help but feel this is a better ability then Intimidate. Sure, you could argue that Intimidate is better because it lowers their attack therefore crippling its offensive capabilities, But in my opinion that is way overdone, Just take em by force! Lets face it, going total overkill on a person is infinitely more awesome then wimping out and lowering their attack. :naughty:

Cons
I guess the only problem with this ability is that your Staraptor will probably die alot sooner because of the recoil damage.

Ninetales

Dream World Ability: Drought
MOVES: Lv1: Ember, Lv4: Tail Whip, Lv7: Roar, Lv11: Quick Attack, Lv14: Fire Spin, Lv17: Confuse Ray, Lv21: Imprison, Lv24: [M481], Lv27: Safeguard, Lv31: Will-o-Wisp, Lv34: Payback, Lv37: Flamethrower, Lv41: Captivate, Lv44: [M517], Lv47: Grudge, Lv51: Extrasensory, Lv54: Fire Blast Lv1: Nasty Plot, Lv1: Ember, Lv1: Quick Attack, Lv1: Confuse Ray, Lv1: Safeguard

Ability Characteristics Permanent Sunny Day until weather is changed by a different ability (such as sandstream) or is changed by a different move. Sunny Day doubles the damage of fire attacks, Solar Beam doesn't need to charge a turn, and triggers the effects of various abilities such as Chlorophyll, Leaf Guard, ect.

Pros:
Okay, this is a big deal for Ninetales because this ability might honestly have the potential to boost this Pokemon from NU to OU, if not higher. Having an auto Sunny Day on a fire type pokemon is like Gods Blessing because A: There is no need for a set up, and B: because it doubles the attack power of a STAB move. Even with Ninetales small movepool, you could definitely utilize the ability for many situations. For example: lets say you want to put Ninetales as early game sweep, but find that your first enemies pokemon is a bad match up. Switch to a pokemon that IS a good match up that can also use the sunlight. You could also make a team so that you can Nplot, Sub, ect. possibilities are wide for this upgrade!

Cons
I really don't think there are any, this is a great thing that is going on with Ninetales.

Alakazam

Dream World Ability: Magic Guard
MOVES: Lv1: Teleport, Lv1: Kinesis, Lv1: Confusion, Lv16: Confusion, Lv18: Disable, Lv22: Miracle Eye, Lv24: [M502], Lv28: Psybeam, Lv30: Reflect, Lv34: [M477], Lv36: Recover, Lv40: Psycho Cut, Lv42: Calm Mind, Lv46: Psychic, Lv48: Future Sight, Lv52: Trick

Ability Characteristics
(Taken straight from Smogon) Spikes, Stealth Rock, burn, poison, Leech Seed, hail, sandstorm, Nightmare, Bad Dreams, Jaboca Berry recoil, Rowap Berry recoil, Life Orb's 10% recoil damage, damage from a Ghost Curse, and regular recoil do no damage to this Pokémon. Struggle's recoil, however, will still damage a Pokémon with Magic Guard. This Pokémon can be poisoned or burned, but it will not take any damage. The Attack drop associated with being burned still applies. Leech Seed will neither damage a Magic Guard Pokémon nor heal its enemy. Pokemon with Magic Guard cannot activate their target's Jaboca or Rowap Berry. Pain Split works normally on Magic Guard Pokemon.

If a Magic Guard Pokemon is under the effects of Toxic poison, their Toxic counter still increases normally, even though they aren't taking damage. This means that if the Pokemon loses Magic Guard, the Toxic damage it receives is the same as it would be getting on that turn if it hadn't had Magic Guard.

Magic Guard Pokemon still take poison damage out of battle.

This Pokemon can be paralyzed, and its Speed will be reduced as for any other Pokemon, but it will never be fully paralyzed.

Pros
Alright, first and foremost this is excellent because you can now switch Alakazam in without fear that you will get damage through poison or getting your pokemon poked to death! Having a good switch in when spikes are active is great when you don't have a pokemon that has Rapid Spin. Odds are you are going to be switching your invincible Alakazam into a Rock/Steel or grass pokemon, common ones being Skarmory, and Roserade, which can be easily dispatched with a well placed Psychic or Charge Beam. (If they haven't prepared for that of course.) You could probably get in an unexpected sweep.

Cons
Like the Ability description says, even though you won't take damage each turn from things like Burn and Poison, but you will still get the stat reduction associated with the status effect, like the Attack drop. Paralysis still cuts your speed, but you won't be seizing up. Other then that, Alakazam is pretty much set!

Hitmonlee

Dream World Ability: Unburden
Moves: Lv1: Revenge, Lv1: Double Kick, Lv5: Meditate, Lv9: Rolling Kick, Lv13: Jump Kick, Lv17: Brick Break, Lv21: Focus Energy, Lv25: Feint, Lv29: Hi Jump Kick, Lv33: Mind Reader, Lv37: Foresight, Lv41: [M469], Lv45: Blaze Kick, Lv49: Endure, Lv53: Mega Kick, Lv57: Close Combat, Lv61: Reversal

Ability Characteristics When an Item is used or Flung, the pokemon's speed doubles.

Pros:
Oh yeah! Hitmonlee has been my favorite pokemon since Red. Its like Nintendo answered my prayers. Hitmonlee has THE perfect movepool to utilize this. First off, this could be used seamlessly with the endure/salac/reversal combination! This means that with Hitmonlee's newfound ability he will be the fastest reversaler! Or at least, as far as Sinnoh goes, but even still, he is pretty damn fast now. Im gonna make a few move sets utilizing this ability so that you get the scope of it.

@ Salac
Endure
Reversal
Sucker Punch
Blaze Kick

@ liechi berry
endure/sub
Close Combat
Blaze Kick
Sucker Punch

@ Armor Fossil
Fling
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Blaze Kick

Jesus Christ, there so many more that Ive yet to think of, but I think you get the idea.

Cons
Most reversalers are gonna need to beware of priority attacks, if it picks you off at 1 hp trying to do reversal, then you are kinda screwed. Same thing goes for watching out for hail and sandstorms.

The King is back!

Dream World Ability: Lightning Rod
Moves: Lv1: Poison Jab, Lv1: Peck, Lv1: Tail Whip, Lv1: Water Sport, Lv1: Supersonic, Lv7: Supersonic, Lv11: Horn Attack, Lv17: Water Pulse, Lv21: Flail, Lv27: Aqua Ring, Lv31: Fury Attack, Lv40: Waterfall, Lv47: Horn Drill, Lv56: Agility, Lv63: [M487], Lv72: Megahorn

Ability Characteristics
Draws electricity to the pokemon with the ability and gains +1spAtt. grants electrical imunity.

Pros
The King strikes fear into the hearts of men once again! Seaking traveled to land of Zeus's domain and skewered the wretch through the heart. Seaking bonded Zeus's lightning bolt up thine horn, and gained total dominance over electricity!!! Haha, but yeah, that can actually improve Seakings standing tier wise, if maybe a little. It might be enough to get him out of NU and maybe in UU. Since he can get +1 Sp.Att per electrical hit, I don't think that he would do that bad. I guess that I would suggest using him in doubles since its easier to take advantage of Lightning Rod. Just teach Seaking endure and just shock him to get the Sp att boost. In singles though, I think you might wanna go with the "mixed Att" move set.
@ Choice Band
Hydro Pump
Mega Horn
Double Edge
Peck

Cons
As far as I can tell, Seaking would be best put to use in doubles instead of
singles.

Ampharos + Manetric

Dream World Abilities: Plus and Minus

Pros
In single battles, plussle and Minun were individually weak and insignificant, but when both go into doubles, they have big potential of doing Major Damage. Now, they are transfered to two individual pokemon that are capable by themselves, Just imagine how much damage they can cause together?!?! Manetric Itself is a nicely fast pokemon that can get in the kills, and the ampharos is good at soaking up damage (in their respective tiers, for course) In doubles tourneys, these two can be a force to be reckoned with.

Cons
Unfortunately they don't have the desired effect in singles, and if one of them were to get taken out in doubles, then the other pokemon stats go back to normal.

Heracross

Dream World Ability: Earthquake Spiral

Pros
In D/P, we all learned to fear and respect the Cross, for he was powerful. This new ability will probably get Heracross into Uber because not only is he able to kill like none other, he will get a +1 att boost each time he KO's. Colonel Darren and I were talking about a potential move set for Reversaling to increase attack. It sounds quite fearsome indeed.

Cons
Sometimes poor cross might not be able to utilize that great new ability of his because he might not get in a hit to KO, So this new ability has its risks. In some situations you might be better off with the ability Guts because its more stable. Then again, Heracross always wanted to be a ramblin' gamblin' dude. XD

Breloom(2.0)

Dream World Ability: Technician

Pros
I deleted this before because I thought that this wasn't a big enough change to include, but then a user pointed out that "Breloom's Mach Punch is just as powerful as Scizor's Bullet Punch. This actually allows Breloom to kill many things with Choice Band or Life Orb. I also daftly forgot about bullet seed, and its increase in power. So this is actually a pretty good Ability for it!

Cons
You won't have healing support this time, and your Breloom may be killed faster because of it.

Many thanks to NitroMetalHead for continuing the list!

Dream World Ability: Poison Heal

Ability Characteristics:
When this Pokémon is poisoned, whether Toxic or regular, it heals 1/8 of its max HP at the end of each turn instead of taking damage.

Pros:
With Toxic Orb equipped, gliscor heals twice as fast as it would have with leftovers AND gains immunity to every other status effect. Gliscor's longevity lasts well... longer, and would become a much better physical wall. It still retains its typing and roost, as well as taunt and possibly stealth rock. If you're feeling lucky, you can still put leftovers on gliscor and switch into an opponent's toxic if you'd like. Apart from ability and item, movesets can remain pretty much the same.

Cons:

Almost nothing. Gliscor has almost nothing to lose by switching from Hyper Cutter/Sand Veil to Poison Heal, besides their effects of course. One other con is that it has to wait by the end of the first turn to be poisoned by the toxic orb. This gives the opponent one chance to kill gliscor or hit it with another status effect such as sleep or burn. If you have heal bell or aromatherapy on your team, then you will have to wait another turn next time you send out gliscor.

Dream World Ability: Damp

Ability Characteristics:
If a Pokémon uses Self Destruct or Explosion while this Pokémon is out, it will fail. While a Pokémon with this ability is in battle, damage from Aftermath is prevented.

Pros:
Swampert is no longer explosion bait! It is the perfect counter to non-HP grass heatran and non-grass knot metagross! It can also be a great tank against pokes that can't do significant damage to it besides explosion or self destruct. For example, snorlax, gengar, etc. Stat boosters can be phazed out via roar.

Cons:

Aside from losing torrent to give waterfall or surf an extra punch, nothing.

Dream World Ability: Iron Fist

Ability Characteristics: The power of Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, DynamicPunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, and ThunderPunch is increased by 20%. It does not power up Sucker Punch.

Pros:
Infernape's only real use is to power up ThunderPunch, Fire Punch (still outclassed by flare blitz), and Mach Punch. Thunder Punch and Fire Punch would have Base power equivalent to 90, while Mach Punch will have it up to 48. Fire Punch is now a more useful alternative to Flare Blitz, for those who don't like recoil, with a more respectable base power. Drain Punch gets special mention as well, boosting up to 90 BP, but is silly to put it on something as frail as infernape.

Cons:

Close Combat isn't powered up. It loses Blaze, to give fire blast/flare blitz an extra boost when on low health.

Dream World Ability: Drizzle

Ability Characteristics: When this Pokémon is brought out, a permanent rain covers the battlefield. It can only be removed by bringing out a Pokémon with Drought, Sand Stream, or Snow Warning, or by using Sunny Day, Sandstorm, or Hail.

Pros: Awesome Rain abuse. Politoed is on the same boat as ninetales, with STAB water attacks in the rain instead. Infinite rain teams will now be accessible without kyogre, and will see a rise in usage. It also shares a sleep move in the form of hypnosis. It has decent special attack to spam surf. Good defenses allow it to take hits, and live a non-stabbed super effective hit. It has support moves in the form of refresh, perish song, encore, and helping hand in doubles/triples.

Cons:
Politoed now loses that awesome immunity to water attacks, and healing it at the same time. Even though it resists water attacks, it will now do a little more damage to politoed in the rain, but that shouldn't be a big issue due to it's good special defense. It loses damp too, but it's outclassed by water absorb either way.

Dream World Ability: Solar Power

Ability Characteristics:
When Sunny Day is in effect, this Pokémon loses 1/8 HP per turn, but Special Attack is increased by 50%.

Pros:
When in conjunction with groudon or drought ninetales, charizard is a real powerhouse. It has a respectable 100 base speed as well as a good 109 special attack. A fire attack, under the sun, with solar power, coupled with life orb is going to hurt anything not immune to it. It's even gonna dent blissey a bit even with flamethrower. Solar Beam also rounds out coverage, with a no-recharge turn as well, and a boost from solar power. Air Slash and Hidden Power Electric/Ice can go in the final slot. You can also make charizard fully physical or mixed with dragon dance, making it faster in the process.

Cons:

Expect charizard to die quickly. Very quickly. Solar power makes it lose 1/8 of its HP a turn. Life orb will make it lose 1/10 of its HP per attack. Stealth Rock will strip away 50% of its HP everytime it switches in. Charizard's only hope is if stealth rock isn't a move tutor, because if it is, life will be hell for it without a rapid spinner. Charizard is not fast enough to kill a few pokes without choice scarf as well. Dragon Dance solves this problem, plus you can make it physical or mixed.

Dream World Ability: Hydration

Pros:
Hydration allows full recovery with rest in the rain! Rest paired with a drizzle user such as politoed will make vaporeon hard to take down! Say goodbye to wish + protect! Full recovery and status recovery is here! Now with only rest, you have room for other moves, such as Acid Armor, Roar, Substitute, Baton Pass, or wish if you still want to support. Acid Armor in particular is useful because Vaporeon can be focused on mixed walling

Cons:

Vaporeon loses water absorb. One of it's best traits. Water absorb means no free healing or switching into water attacks. However, vaporeon resists water already, and has a good special defense, so it's not THAT big of a deal for it.

Thanks JLance for these!

Tentacruel (JLance submission)

Dream World Ability: Rain Dish

Ability Characteristics:
Heals 1/16 max HP in rain.

Pros:
Tentacruel has always been found on stall thanks to its ability to carry toxic spikes and rapid spin, come in and absorb toxic spikes and its good special defense. Now, if rain is up, tentacruel is gonna be sticking around for awhile thanks to rain dish. With both rain dish and leftovers Tentacruel will be restoring 1/8 of its health every turn, in the rain. And thanks to drizzle politoed, the rain won't end in 5 turns but will endless, until the weather changes.

Cons:
There really are none. Clear body never did anything for Tentacruel since he doesn't try to sweep and Liquid ooze only really help against leech seed in the ou meta-game, but rapid spin gets rid of leech seed anyway so, no loss.

Dream World Ability: Chlorophyll

Ability Characteristics:
Speed doubles in sun.​

Pros:
With its speed doubled in the sun, Venusaur will be a serious ou threat. With access to sleep powder, sword dance, leech seed and synthesis, it can do many things. In the sun, it'll be the fastest subseeder. With its poison typing it can clear the field of toxic spikes and then set up with sword dance. With sleep powder it can put its counters out of commision and in the sun synthesis restores 50% of its health.​

Cons: None really, all overgrow did was boost its grass-type attacks by 50% when it had 1/3 of its health and grass attacks have terrible coverage anyway.​

Dream World Ability: Volt Absorb

Ability Characteristics:
Restores up 1/4 health when hit by a electric type attack.

Pros:
Here we have the new,bulkier jolteon. Now raikou can switch one any electric attack, including thunder wave, and get health back. If rain dance teams become more popular this generation,thanks to politoed, this guy will become very popular.

Cons:
Offensively, there are no downsides. For an attacker volt absorb is a much better ability. So unless you want a defensive raikou, there is nothing wrong with his new ability.

Sharpedo (Uncommon Madness

Dream World Ability: Speed Boost
MOVES: Lv1:Feint, Lv1: Leer, Lv1: Bite, Lv1: Rage, Lv1: Focus Energy, Lv6: Rage, Lv8: Focus Energy, Lv11: Scary Face, Lv16: Ice Fang, Lv18: Screech, Lv21: Swagger, Lv26: Assurance, Lv28: Crunch, Lv30: Slash, Lv34: Aqua Jet, Lv40: Taunt, Lv45: Agility, Lv50: Skull Bash, Lv56: Night Slash

Ability Characteristics:

This Pokémon's Speed is boosted one stage at the end of each turn.

Pros:

With great base 120 Atk and 95 SAtk it can act as an incredible mixed sweeper in every tier. Once fast scarfers and Pokémon carrying priority moves are gone it packs enough power to easily pull off a late game sweep especially if you pair it with DrizzleToed and entry hazard support.

Cons: Losing Rough Skin is definately not a big deal. Sharpedo has paper thin defenses and can be revenge killed with almost every priority move in the game so it's advised to scout for possible counters before attempting a sweep.

Pikachu

Dream World Ability: Lightning Rod

Affects: Redirects electric attacks to the pokemon with the ability, also grants immunity to electricity and give a +1 Sp. Att boost.

Pros: Light Ball Pikachu just became that much more deadly now that he's boasting close to 600 Special Attack. With Electric being a common attack, he'll find a lot of opportunities to switch in, sub up, and launch super powerful Thunderbolts.

Cons: Because Pikachu has low speed and defenses, Pikachu dying early will always be a problem.

Overall: It can certainly find a niche like before, but it'll still be tricky.

Dream World Ability: Lightningrod

Ability Characteristics:
All electric attacks are drawn to this pokemon plus when this pokemon gets hit by an electric attack its special attack gets boosted one stage.​

Pros:
Whats not to like, switch into an electric and get special attacks boost. Thanks to this abilty zapdos can take any electric, get a free boost and then thanks to roost, recover his lost health. This ability puts zapdos into a whole new offensive category.​

Cons:
Unfortunately Zapdos loses 25% health everytime it switches in, thanks to stealth rocks.Also if you want to run Zapdos defensively do not use this ability. Pressure is the better choice by far, thanks to it being able to make the enemy use up its moves pp.​

Summary:
Zapdos has two great abilities. One to be offensive, one to be offensive. Thanks to those two abilities I can see his usuage rising.​

Ability Characteristics:

When Rain Dance is in effect, this Pokémon heals itself of burn, freeze, paralysis, poison, and sleep at the end of each turn.

Pros:
Lapras can now abuse DD+HydraRest much like Kingdra's DD+ChestoRest does in OU. Lapras' natural bulk allows it to get up a DD quite easily, and it can outspeed many other pokemon once it does. Coupled with Politoed's infinite rain, Lapras can Rest for 100% health, with no drawbacks. Due to the power of almost anything after a few DDs and Lapras's bulk, Lapras will be a beast to face in UU. It can also help with its stalling capabilities, although Lapras' overwhelming power after a few DDs overshadows the a status-free tank.

Cons:
Although Lapras enjoys the 25% health boost from switching into water attacks (especially considering its weakness to Stealth Rock), HydraRest more than makes up for that, giving Lapras all of its HP back.

Dream World Ability: Unaware

Ability Characteristics:

If a Pokemon with the ability Unaware is the target of an attack, all of the attacker's [Special] Attack boosts are ignored.

Pros:
Quagsire has always been a solid UU pokemon, sponging physical attacks from many UU attackers with relative ease because of its great typing. But many physical attackers, like Blaziken and Scyther, boost their attack to very high levels with Swords Dance, allowing them to break through Quagsire's defenses quite easily. But with Unaware, stat boosts are ignored, allowing Quagsire to hit these attackers with the right super effective attack.

Cons:
Quagsire loses its ability to counter Kyogre in Ubers, but it was never walling anything there anyway. In UU, Quagsire unfortunately loses its ability to hard counter CB Azumarill, but it nullifies the Choice Band boost so that Quagsire can use Toxic and stall it out, or use Curse to withstand further assault and attack hard itself.

Dream World Ability: Flash Fire

Ability Characteristics:

When this Pokémon is hit by a Fire-type move, it takes no damage, and all Fire-type moves used by this Pokémon deal 50% more damage.

Pros:
Entei's lack of decent physical STAB and a decent physical movepool has always doomed it to NU. However, Fire is a good offensive typing, and with Flash Fire boosting its Fire moves, Entei can serve as an effective mixed sweeper, with a boosted STAB Flamethrower off 90 base special attack and good attack. Entei can also utilize Choice Specs to further power up its Fire Blasts, allowing it to deal excellent damage to anything that doesn't resist it.

Cons:
Entei won't miss Pressure; the weakness to Stealth Rock and somewhat low defenses don't allow it to run a defensive set abusing Pressure very well, and Flash Fire helps the offensive sets a lot more.

Dream World Ability: Cloud Nine

Ability Characteristics:

While a Pokémon with Cloud Nine is in play, the effects of weather are temporarily disabled.

Pros:
UU has always been rampant with weather teams, and many sweepers like SD Kabutops obtain absurd power in the rain or sun. Altaria resists both Fire and Water, the moves boosted by weather, and can now cancel it out with Cloud Nine. Coupled with its great defenses, Altaria can now put a full stop to weather teams, now made much more powerful with Drizzle Politoed and Drought Ninetales.

Cons:
Altaria can't stall very well if poisoned, and Natural Cure lets it simply switch out to cure it. With Cloud Nine, Altaria will probably be dead weight against an opposing stall team unless it's a DD or Specs variant.

Dream World Ability: Cloud Nine

Ability Characteristic:

While a Pokémon with Cloud Nine is in play, the effects of weather are temporarily disabled.

Pros:
Lickilicky has always been a useful pokemon, learning Swords Dance and having good defenses. With Cloud Nine, it could setup on Rain Dance sweepers and pose a good offensive threat. It differs from Altaria in that it can provide a substantial offensive presence while also threatening weather teams.

Cons:
Losing Own Tempo leaves it susceptible to confusion and hitting itself with boosted attack, but due to the scarcity of confusion, it won't be missing too much.

Ability Characteristics:

When Rain Dance is in effect, this Pokémon heals itself of burn, freeze, paralysis, poison, and sleep at the end of each turn.

Pros:
Whiscash has always been bulky, and has an excellent defensive typing to boot. But its offensive capabilities are somewhat lacking. With Dragon Dance, it can raise its mediocre attack and speed stats to huge levels. However, it requires a couple DDs to get its stats high enough to sweep. However, Whiscash has access to Rest, and with Hydration, it can Rest and get back to full health with no drawbacks, letting it DD many times and sweep with its good STAB moves.

Cons:
Whiscash loses Anticipation, but that was never very useful anyway. No real loss.

Dream World Ability: Swift Swim

Ability Characteristics:

Rain doubles the Speed of Pokémon with Swift Swim.

Pros:
Armaldo has difficulty sweeping with such low speed. Although it can ues Rock Polish to boost its speed, it still doesn't possess the same power a Swords Dance sweeper would have. Swift Swim doubles its speed, allowing it use Swords Dance and boost its already excellent attack. It has excellent type coverage with its STAB moves and Earthquake, so Swift Swim allows it to hit hard while retaining great speed.

Cons:
Battle Armor only helps with stalling and supporting, which Swift Swim does not help with at all. No loss.

Pokemon: Salamence
Dream World Ability: Earthquake Spiral/Arrogance/Overconfidence

Lv1: Fire Fang, Lv1: Thunder Fang, Lv1: Rage, Lv1: Bite, Lv1: Leer, Lv1: Headbutt, Lv5: Bite, Lv10: Leer, Lv16: Headbutt, Lv20: Focus Energy, Lv25: Ember, Lv30: Protect, Lv32: DragonBreath, Lv37: Zen Headbutt, Lv43: Scary Face, Lv50: Fly, Lv53: Crunch, Lv61: Dragon Claw, Lv70: Double-Edge, Lv80: [M525] Dragon Tail

TM01 - Claw Sharpen, TM02 - Dragon Claw, TM05 - Roar, TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM11 - Sunny Day, TM15 - Hyper Beam, TM17 - Protect, TM18 - Rain Dance, TM21 - Frustration, TM26 - Earthquake, TM27 - Return, TM31 - Brick Break, TM32 - Double Team, TM35 - Flamethower, TM38 - Fire Blast , TM39 - Rock Tomb, TM40 - Aerial Ace, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM48 - Troll, TM59 - Complete Burn, TM65 - Shadow Claw, TM68 - Giga Impact, TM71 - Stone Edge, TM78 - Smooth Over, TM80 - Rock Slide, TM82 - Dragon Tail, TM87 - Swagger, TM90 - Substitute, TM94 - Rock Smash, HM01 - Cut, HM02 - Fly, HM04 - Strength

Pros

Salamence now has two excellent abilities to choose from, and can help it sweep at a moment's notice. While Intimidate helps with switching in, Arrogance will allow Salamence to gain an attack boost once it KOs an enemy. This allows it to become a more effective mixed attacker, or potentially reach +2/+1 on the Dragon Dance set.

Cons

The loss of Outrage really hurts Salamence, as it is no longer a tutor move in Black and White. Unless it gets it via breeding, Salamence will have no choice but to resort to the inferior Dragon Claw. At least is isn't locked in, though!

Poliwrath

Dream World Ability: Swift Swim

Ability Characteristics: Doubles speed in Rain.

Pros: With access to Belly Drum, Poliwrath can now boost his attack to astronomical heights all the while having boosted speed as well in the what is soon to be common rain. Two great STABs grant nearly flawless coverage and his 90/95/90 defenses aren't to be taken lightly either. Resistances to Rock, Water, Dark, Ice, Bug, Ghost, and Steel will allow him to switch in quite easily and sub up for easier drumming.

Cons: Losing Water Absorb doesn't allow him to switch into water attacks as easy, but he still resists them and has decent Special Defense. Losing the free recovery isn't an issue since Belly Drum and Substitute will drain most his HP anyways.

----------------------------------

Mamoswine

Dream World Ability: Thick Fat

Ability Characteristics: Reduces the damage of Fire and Ice types by 50%, effectively giving it resistances to those types

Pros: He finally has a useful ability. He also loses what is probably his biggest weakness to Fire, and adds a useful resistance in Ice to considerably improve his bulk. Losing the Fire weakness most certainly improves his status as a Lead, and means less switching on Choice sets.

Cons: None since Snow Cloak was practically useless on him.

Sceptile

Dream Wold Ability: Unburden

Ability Characteristics: Doubles speed when item is either consumed, lost or taken.

Pros: Sceptile becomes the fastest non-Scarfed Pokemon after it's item is used, and Fling makes the all the more possible. The combination of Fling and Swords Dance could prove to be quite deadly when paired with Earthquake and Leaf Blade. He can even take a page out of Empoleon's strategy guide and Sub/Swords Dance with a Salac Berry. Grass may not have great coverage, but 1770 Attack and 1017 Speed are not to be taken lightly.

Cons: None as Overgrow was never really taken advantage of thanks to Grass's poor coverage.

Crawdaunt

Dream World Ability: Adaptability

Ability Characteristics: STAB attacks now receive a 2x boost instead of a 1.5.

Pros: With Rain becoming even more popular and Crabhammer's boost to 90 accuracy, Crawdaunt makes great use of his monstrous attack with Adaptability. He can now be terror in the hit-and-run game with a Choice Band, or he can stay and fight with Swords Dance, boosting his offensive prowess to godly levels. Adaptability takes the power of Crabhammer and Crunch to new heights and takes Crawdaunts usage with it.

Cons: Crawdaunt doesn't have the security of never having his Attack dropped by the likes of Intimidate, but Adaptability makes up for it.

Jlance

Dream World Ability: Chlorophyll

Ability Characteristics:
Speed doubles in sun.​

Pros:
Leafeon has relatively good bulk, plus it gets sword dance, wish,yawn, synthesis, baton pass and much more. It can be a sweeper,baton passer, wish supporter and he can even possibly be a fast wall/statuser. Whats not love, this guy has many options and will be hard to stop. So go out there and look this guy over, he will not disappoint in whatever you need done.​

Cons:
None really, leafeons other ability is Leaf guard which cures status in the sun, which unless your running a rest leafeon in the sun which their is no point to do that, use chlorophyll because leafeon even gets heal bell to get rid of any other status.​

Jlance

Dream World Ability: Sturdy

Ability Characteristics:
If the holder has max HP, Sturdy guarantees they survive any attack with 1 HP. If the holder is not at full health, the sturdy will not activate.​

Pros:
Now Regirock can be an effective lead thanks to this ability. It can survive an attack with this ability and use an item. It can utilize stealth rock and explosion both of which are good for a lead. Even if he doesn't make it to Ou, Regirock will be a great lead in uu.​

Cons:
Regirocks former ability is clear body which didn't help it much. Sure it kept it from having its attack power lowered but Regirock is mainly used for utility so no real loss.​

Jlance

Dream World Ability: Earthquake Spiral/Arrogance/Overconfidence

Ability Characteristics:
Raises pokemons attack stage by one whenever it knocks out an opponent.

Pros:
Gyarados has now become an even bigger threat. In exchange for being able to switch more, it is now more offensively threatening. Now you have to play very carefully around him, if he knocks out some-one he just gets to be more of a pain.

Cons:
Now gyarados can't take hits like he used to with intimidate. So really what ability you want to use depends on how you want to run him. A pure offensive gyarados will love his new ability, a defensive one will appreciate intimidate lowering the opponents attack.​

I've already done Lickilicky, but it seems to be forgotten :(
Anyway :

Dream World Ability: Technician

Ability Characteristics:
Moves with a base power of 60 or less raise to 1.5 times.

Pros:
Mr Mime, like many Psychics, lack good coverage moves bar Focus-miss. With Technician, now, he can use Hidden Power with about 90 BP, but also Magical Leaf to get ride of light water-type. Not too efficient, but nice in UU.

Cons:
While Filter is a great ability, Mr Mime isn't much bulky, so Super Effective moves still will kill MrMime, and even neutral STAB attacks.
Soundproof is a very good in Baton Pass team, but useless if one wants to use a NastyMime.

Dream World Ability: Regeneration

Ability Characteristics:
Whenever this Pokemon switch in, he recovers 30% HP.

Pros:
The biggest drawbacks of Ho-oh is Stealth Rock. Just in switching, he losts half of his life. With Regeneration, he will lose less than Salamence of Gyarados, and his good bulk will allow him to switch in easily, then Roost off the damage (while without regeneration, he is already dead) and start to fire powerful attacks.

Cons:
The SubRoostStall lose a useful capacity to pumps ennemy evs, but offensive sets don't care.

Ability Characteristics:

Pros:
Slowbro is sooooo slow. He switchs in, take damages and has to Slack off if he doesn't want to be killed and the opponent may anticipate it and switch with impunity. With Regeneration, he can forget the need of recovering and spread status.​

Cons:
Tempo Perso is only useful to Machamp.

Ability Characteristics:

Pros:
Everybody knows why Tangrowth, despite his great walling capacities, is a rare UU : no reliable recovery and paper-thin special defence. While the second drawback can't be remove, the first, with Regeneration, isn't much a problem. He switches in many attacks without taking Entry Hazards. Probably no enough to become a OU, but he can found a great niche in UU.

Cons:
Chlorophyill is a good ability in Sunny Day, which will become more present with Drought, but soooo many weather are going to be present, so it's no very reliable.

Dream World Ability: Anxiety

Ability Characteristics:
Opponent cannot eat berries

Pros:
Persian has only one asset over Ambipom : Hypnosis. With Anxiety, he will ignore Lum Berry and with Fake Out / U-Turn / Hypnosis / Filler, he puts asleep many leads (particulary if Hypnosis accuracy increases) and gains the momentum with U-Turn.

Cons:
Technician or Limber are both nice capacities, but Technician is better with Ambipom. Limber is still a great lost, but a nearly 100% win in lead-match is always good, notably with Moltres.

Dream World Ability: Justice Heart

Ability Characteristics:
Immune to Dark moves, boost Dark moves instead

Pros:
All of these three Pokemon use Dark Moves.
Defensively, Gallade transforms neutral in a great immunty to switch in TTar for exemple. The others already have a resistance, but an immunity is always good.
Offensively, Lucario can now abuse a powerful Crunch, notably to hit harder than CC Gyarados, Dragonite and Salamence. Absol has a terrific double STABbed Sucker Punch which hits like a truck. Finally, even if Gallade has better coverage moves, Low Kick + Night Slash on non-all out offensive sets is nice.

Cons:
The best ability lost is Super Luck (Absol), which can turn a hard counter in a dead opponent, but it's based on luck, and luck is not your friend.
When Lucario faces opponent which can flinch him, either they does loldamage (Jirachi) or kill him (Gyarados). It's always nice, but a boost in his main coverage move is, imo, more important.
Gallade never finds reliable use of his ability.

Dream World Ability: Earthquake Spiral

Ability Characteristics:
Attack boosted after defeating an opponent

Pros:
Who ignore the power of a Gusted HeraScarf ? With Earthquake Spiral, kill the opponent and spam +1 Megahorn (because CC has immunity).
For example, LO Zapdos takes 50.5% - 59.8% from a +1 Jolly Megahorn. Yes, 2KO.

Cons:
Who use Swarm ?
Gust is a more problematic loss. I think Gust is better on slower set.

Dream World Ability: Heart of Justice

Ability Characteristics:
Attack raises if you are hit with a dark-type attack.​

Pros:
You are now looking at Lucarios soon-to-be most used ability. Thanks to this you can now switch in on dark atttacks for free and gain an attack boost. Then when the opponent switches out Lucario can stat up more with either sword dance or agility. Plus with him being able to fire stab close combats, this pokemon will be dealing a world of hurt.​

Cons:
You now lose out on the ability to prevent flinching. But really you only lose out if your a lead. Lucario resists two of the most common flinch moves, Fake out and iron head, and you don't see fake out alot in ou and Jirachi, the biggest user of iron head, is not gonna like taking a +1 close combat or even possibly a +3 one if you use sword dance.​

Dream World Ability: Flash Fire

Ability Characteristics:
Grants immunity to Fire-type moves and increases the power of Fire-type moves by 50% when hit by a Fire-type move.​

Pros:
No more having to wait till he's almost dead to gain a boost. With this new ability Typhlosion can switch in on any fire attack and get free boost. So that ability couple with Eruption gives Typhlosion some real fire power. Although he might not rise to ou, I can see him being like the heatran of uu. Definitely a pokemon you might wanna consider when forming you fire-grass-water core.​

Cons:
None really, his other ability Blaze is a risk taker. You need to have 1/3 health in order to use and when your that low you die easily. With this new ability you can just switch in on any fire attack and get that boost. No matter what your health percentage is.​

Dream World Ability: Multi-Scale

Ability Characteristics:
When this pokemon is at full hp, damage is lessened.

Pros;
To be perfectly honest, inner focus only helped dragonite when he is a lead taking on infernape or scarf-rachi. With this new ability, if he has full hp he can come in on attacks and take less damage and whats nice is that he has roost to recover his health back up and do it all over again. Plus he is dragon-typing so he has many resists to begin with. Expect to see him in use in the future

Cons:
None really like I said inner focus only help him really when he was a lead. With this he can come in any time, take a hit, roost off the damage and can leave and come back later.

Oof this thread has gotten big! still a working progress. =] as usual the floor is open for corrections, suggestions, criticism, hatemail, ect.​

Feraligatr gets Encourage, and with the speed boost from water goggles (I guess it depends on how much of a boost), this thing could finally abuse a SD set sweeping with boosted moves, or run a DD set with benefits over Gyarados.

Edit: Though I guess that depends on which moves can get boosted. For example, does Earthquake get boosted (it doubles damage against users of dig and hits everyone in 2v2)

Uh, you do know Intimidate lowers Attack, not Defense, right? If it lowered Defense it would be broken beyond belief.

Staraptor is bad? Try Emboar!

123 Base attack with STAB Boosted Flare Blitz is nothing to scoff at at all! Not to mention head smash, take down and other possible recoil moves. That's pretty massive.

Uh, you do know Intimidate lowers Attack, not Defense, right? If it lowered Defense it would be broken beyond belief.
Shoot, thanks for that. I haven't been playing for about half a year now because my DS finally died out, I will fix that immediately.

Staraptor is bad? Try Emboar!

123 Base attack with STAB Boosted Flare Blitz is nothing to scoff at at all! Not to mention head smash, take down and other possible recoil moves. That's pretty massive.
I still got to do research on the newer Pokemon, right now I am trying to cover the ones from Kanto to Sinnoh.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Magic Guard lets Alakazam switch in on a wider range of moves (mainly status). Its not a perfect ability but Alakazam really enjoys the extra opportunities to switch in

Magic Guard lets Alakazam switch in on a wider range of moves (mainly status). Its not a perfect ability but Alakazam really enjoys the extra opportunities to switch in
Thunder Wave still hurts. Burn or Toxic was never troublesome for Alakazam.

I'd argue Synchronize is a way better ability.

HELLO! Focus sash alakazam! deal with it.

No life orb recoil means he doesn't kill himself while sweeping.

Very useful

How is Magic Guard helpful for Alakazam? No LO recoil? It still cannot take one neutral hit.
Its useful for switching in when one of your other pokemon faint, therefore getting a switch in without the risk of being KO'ed. Plus it depends what nature and EV's you give it, It can be plenty fast enough with the support of the rest of the team. And thank you guys for you input! Its been fun making this thread thus far!

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just some of my own

Zapdos (Lightning Rod): Gets a nice Electric immunity and a boost to Special Attack. Offensive versions will love this. For the defensive sets I don't think much will change

Shanduraa (Shadow Tag): Yeah there is a whole thread on this but its just crazy on so many levels. Getting to +6 via CM with a Sub is almost GG

EDIT @ OP

Earthquake Spiral is believed to increase a pokemons attack by one stage after it has KO'ed something

Just some of my own

Zapdos (Lightning Rod): Gets a nice Electric immunity and a boost to Special Attack. Offensive versions will love this. For the defensive sets I don't think much will change

Shanduraa (Shadow Tag): Yeah there is a whole thread on this but its just crazy on so many levels. Getting to +6 via CM with a Sub is almost GG

EDIT @ OP

Earthquake Spiral is believed to increase a pokemons attack by one stage after it has KO'ed something
Oh, okay. Thanks for the definition. As for the Zapdos Lightning Rod, that could be abused so horribly in a doubly battle. Zapdos could protect while a focus sashed Manetric could zap Zapdos intentionally, raising Sp. Att. as for Shanduraa, thats going uber for sure. XD

Oh, and Lucario just got more scary. It now switches into dark type attacks with impunity, and gets a sp(?) att boost.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Mebukijika (SERENE GRACE!! WITH A BASE 95 SPEED MUST HAS!!)

I don't know this mon's entire moveset yet, so I don't see how SG is useful on it yet, but I have such high hopes for this mon! Togekiss 2, BUT FASTER!!

That would be great! Ive been up 8 hours doing this, my thinking is getting steadily slower. -_- any help is appreciated. =]

That would be great! Ive been up 8 hours doing this, my thinking is getting steadily slower. -_- any help is appreciated. =]
I'll work on Damp Swampert, Poison Heal Gliscor, Iron Fist Ape, Swift Swimmers/Chlorophyl users, and DrizzleToad....

as soon as my brother is done with using my computer ._.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)