Pokemon That Should Have Never Been?

Sorry in advance if a topic has been made about this.

Ok, which pokemon do you think Gamefreak made a mistake in ever making it? Got a pokemon that has a bad concept, theme, or you just plain hate? Post them here!

As for me:

Glameow Line - Wtf is with more cats, Meowth and Skitty are plenty plus Purugly's looks is nothing to write home about.

Glaceon - We needed Leafeon to complete the stat circle, so why make another one?

Wurmple Family - Wannabe Butterfree/Venomoths

Rhyperior - Do I even need to say it?

Togekiss - I'm guessing Gamefreak was on a "Let's make an evolution to every sucky pokemon so then they can be overused!" spree

Yanmega - Will never take Flygon's place as #1 Dragonfly

Swablu Line - I don't know what kind of concept they drew this from seeing as it's not even used as much as its dragon cousins.

Frosslass - Wtf is this supposed to be based on? A ghostly ice girl in a kimono!?

Dusknoir - As if Dusclop's defenses weren't beefed already, you give him an evolution that looks like a demonic clown?

Probobass - As if we needed a Mr. Potato in this game.

Magnezone - Just an excuse to use Electrolevitate.

Hitmontop - Chan and Lee are hurt by this addition of a pokemon not based on a fighter.

Magby/Elekid/ - Two state evolutions are enough, these two can't even breed.

Happiny - Let's force another three stage line!

Budew - See above.

Mantyke - Is there even a point to this pokemon?

Munchlax - Cute and cuddly but Snorlax can get the job done and sweep teams.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are probably more but I've just forgotten >_>

lets see, where to start?

Shaymin, they made him way to weak to be a legendary (movewise)

Giafirig-i think hes cool but why give him awesome typing w/o the stats for it?

Its not a pokemon but
Why make sweepers have a 4x weakness, and then make a limited amount of ice moves to stop them along with that new ice reduction berry eww :P

Golden-Really, who really uses it?

WHY DID THEY GIVE A POKEMON THAT CAN ONLY LEARN 4 MOVES A PREEVO?!?!?!?! (Wobbefet) really, even with the evo he only has 7 moves now, so it still sucks (preeveo)

Why does shedinja have only 1 hp and so many weaknesses?, and he should be immune to spikes and storms, srsly, if he was, he be used a lot more

not done, but whatever

Luvdisc comes to mine. However, give it Baton Pass and it could make a "decent" NU Agilipasser.

Unown comes to mind.

I was gonna say Ditto, but he is needed for Breeding Purposes...

Ok, which pokemon do you think Gamefreak made a mistake in ever making it? Got a pokemon that has a bad concept, theme, or you just plain hate? Post them here!

As for me:

Glameow Line - Wtf is with more cats, Meowth and Skitty are plenty plus Purugly's looks is nothing to write home about.
So? We got Torterra as another turtle and Chimchar as another Ape.

Glaceon - We needed Leafeon to complete the stat circle, so why make another one?
For the hell of it! Seriously though, probably so people would should the hell up with Eevee needing more evos.

See Glameow

Yes.

Togekiss - I'm guessing Gamefreak was on a "Let's make an evolution to every sucky pokemon so then they can be overused!" spree
Damn straight, and its a helluva lot cooler than Magmortar and Tangrowth.

Too bad Flygon is an Antlion.

Swablu Line - I don't know what kind of concept they drew this from seeing as it's not even used as much as its dragon cousins.
Ever look at the sky? Those things are called clouds.

Frosslass - Wtf is this supposed to be based on? A ghostly ice girl in a kimono!?
Yes. Can't remember the legend ATM.

Dusknoir - As if Dusclop's defenses weren't beefed already, you give him an evolution that looks like a demonic clown?
Dusclops (and Registeel) have prbloems with dealing damage.

Nosepass SUCKS. It needed this, and this serves as comic relief.

Just to make Magneton playable more like it.

Hitmontop - Chan and Lee are hurt by this addition of a pokemon not based on a fighter.
Chan: Boxing
Lee: Kickboxing
Top: Capoeria

Neither can Smoochum.

I agree with this.

Budew - See above.
Damn right.

No.

Damn right.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are probably more but I've just forgotten >_>

About half the DP legendaries.

Really, did we need 12 new legendaries?

Also, Skitty/Delcatty. I'd even take Glameow/Purugly over that line.

And Aipom always just came across as a waste of space, but he sorta got salvaged by a cool evo.

Wynat,Magby,Elekid,Manytke ,baby evos etc.. are in the game to look cute.Nintendo makes plush dolls and stuff like that for little kids,girls and toddlers and to make money on people who would never play video games i can't hate on nintendo for that.Not all pokemon are made for battling.

As for me:

Because there needs to be more version exclusives, so they're just like "Hey, let's make something that scars everybody that looks at it!"

Because there needs to be equal representation, or the Ice Pokemon Cults will sue.

Agreed

Yes, Rhyperior is total kick-butt

Don't forget the Hax part

I'm pretty sure Dragonflies don't have feet

Go outside, and look up. It's got some use in lower tiers.

Yes

Clowns scare people, and Dusclops was already cool, so they improved on it.

Yes, we do. Who else will make stupid remarks?

Um, try making it more usable...

Agreed, they could have named it after another fighter.

I take offense at that.

Agreed

Budew - See above.
See above.

Um...no.

Because they don't want a huge blob of Snorlax popping out of an egg, they want something cute, and won't squish you.

BLASPHEMY

..if theres one thing that deserved an evolution imo... well i guess it wasnt yanma but still this thing is kickass on a very high level and is by far my favorite new poke

Also sad as it may be flygon has all but been forgotten with Garchomp about so yes.. this thing deserves #1 dragonfly, just wish it was Dragon/Bug

Because they don't want a huge blob of Snorlax popping out of an egg, they want something cute, and won't squish you.
rofl, hey im gonna sig you k, Andren

This is a stupid thread IMO. Why does it matter? Just don't use the pokemon. So much for wasting a thread on the board just to complain about something stupid GT

Burmy
Luvdisc
Shedinja
Burmy
Unown
Jynx
Glameow
Burmy
Chimecho
Spiritomb
Dusknoir
Blaziken
Burmy
Volbeat
Illumise
Spinda
Wobbuffet
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Burmy
Bellossom
Stantler
Delibird

I think that's all.

Garchomp, Salamence, Metagross and Tyranitar. I'm sick of those over used, over-powered, 600 total base stat Pokemon. Without them the Metagame would be a lot more fun.

Dragonite isn't mentioned because he has the stats in wrong places.

This is a stupid thread IMO. Why does it matter? Just don't use the pokemon. So much for wasting a thread on the board just to complain about something stupid GT
I'm not complaining that they're bad to use, it's just bad concepts. I'm just asking about people's opinions about this.

So you're supporting almost anything Gamefreak is doing!? What if they put another fish pokemon in!?
Nintendo knows what is doing it makes Lucario,Absol,Darkrai,Charizard,Blaziken those types design attracts male boy,Pikchu,Skitty,Wynat that attracts girls.If 34 stupid looking pokemon gets nintendo took make another pokemon game where i get 12 pokemon i like i can live with it.I am not supporting what gamefreak does but i understand why it is done.

-Water types without legs. Take a fish out of water and watch what happens; it flops around pathetically before expiring. It doesn't inexplicably float in midair. Milotic doesn't count. She's a snake.

-Ridiculously childish pokemon like Probopass, Smeargle, Delibird and Mr. Mime. They look like they were designed by a 5-year old for 3-year olds.

-Pokemon with extremely unnatural aspects about them. Examples include Floatsel's innertube, Gallade's waist (that thing just infuriatingly ruins an otherwise awesome design), and Machoke/Machamp's belt.

-Gallade's waist, Gallade's waist and Gallade's waist.

-Water types without legs. Take a fish out of water and watch what happens; it flops around pathetically before expiring. It doesn't inexplicably float in midair. Milotic doesn't count. She's a snake.

-Ridiculously childish pokemon like Probopass, Smeargle, Delibird and Mr. Mime. They look like they were designed by a 5-year old for 3-year olds.

-Pokemon with extremely unnatural aspects about them. Examples include Floatsel's innertube, Gallade's waist (that thing just infuriatingly ruins an otherwise awesome design), and Machoke/Machamp's belt.

-Gallade's waist, Gallade's waist and Gallade's waist.
Gallade
Gladiator + Ballade/Blade. Gladiators wore skirts.

Garchomp, Salamence, Metagross and Tyranitar. I'm sick of those over used, over-powered, 600 total base stat Pokemon. Without them the Metagame would be a lot more fun.
Ugh, I'm sick of people like you, who constantly bash the metagame. If pokemon like Tyranitar weren't allowed in the game, other pokemon would just rise to take their place. There's a UU tier for people like you.

Bidoof and Bibarel. At least Rattata and Raticate were decent. Come on, Normal/Water?

I'd say they should've never invented Chansey. It just doesn't look like the concept of a Pokemon. Its just a fat blobby....THING. And to boot its too much used (well, its evo is).

Others I'd say:

Licky line - Seriously, they are ridiculous.
Luvdisc - No comment needed
Rhyperior wasn't needed. Sandslash deserved the evo more
Dusknoir - see above, replace Sandslash with Banette
Bibarel - Normal/Water is fun, yet ANOTHER early game rodent like thing isn't.
Furret - Most useless of the early rodent family.
Finneon/Lumineon - We have Seaking already. Worthless poke.

Yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)