1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokemon That Should Have Never Been?

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by General Tso, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Syn

Syn

farfetch'd needs an evolution
  2. rocky505

rocky505

luvdisc-completely useless
    digglett line-wow a bunch of turds wtf.
    dunsparce-the gayest pokemon ever.

dunsparce everyone hates you but you better get an evo next gen.
  3. pajama

pajama

Dunspare does not need an evo. He's pretty good right now as a haxer. And he just looks cool.

And as a major octillery fan i am offended. There are a lot worse pokémon out there (like luvdisc). He also has a good attack and sp att stat + reasonable HP. I agree he may not be a godly pokémon competative wise but he can be pretty good. I wrecked a lot of BPchains just by rock blasting ninjask to death.

on-topic
    The one pokémon that should not exist in my eyes is still spinda. Granted it looks funny but it just has absolutely no potentiol in my eyes.
  4. Kuggy

Kuggy

Stantler- That thing is not a Pokemon. It's a deer. I see these in my backyard. What was Nintendo thinking. Let's make a Pokemon that not only resembles a deer, but looks no different than deer in real life.
  5. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

rhyperior! seriously! why the hell did they choose rhydon out of all things to get an evo?
  6. Haku16

Haku16

the one's in bold i agree.
  7. sanjay120

sanjay120

I think they were going to make a Kanga preevo in RBY, but never got around to it. And so sometimes when you catch Missingno, it evolves into Kanga. Rhydon was the first Pokemon, and so Missy can also become that.

God I miss Missingno. BRING IT BACK GF IT WAS THE BEST EVER. Seriously, don't listen to people complaining about their games being broken. If they didn't want corrupt data, they shouldn't have tried a GLITCH.
  8. CZ

CZ

Rhyperior-They take an (underrated) Pokemon and give it a Killer Evo. Meanwhile other, much more useless stuff still has to be retarted.

Rotom-I hate this thing because I hate this thing. Dont ask why, its just,

Bidoof/Bibarel-Enough. Just Enough.

Kricketune-How many useless bugs do we need to have before we can get another useful one? I suppose it works In-Game with Sing/False Swipe to catch stuff
  9. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I love how usually you have a lot of people whining in one thread that certain sucky Pokemon needed evolutions. So they evolved Tangela, Sneasel, Yanma, Aipom and a few others into respectable to great Pokemon and then there's whining that they'd become "overused"?
  10. SimChao

SimChao

I think it's funny when people complain about how Lumineon is just a rehash of Seaking, and Delcatty and Purugly and rehashes of Persian, etc. But these same people have no problem with the steady flow of base 600 dragons that seem to come in every gen. So, what? OU is allowed to have hundreds of rehashes but no other tiers are? Flygon is just a worse Garchomp, and Dragonite is generally not as good as Salamence. So going by this logic, Salamence never should have been created because we already had a Dragon/Flying type and Garchomp should have never been created because of Flygon. Why create more rehashes when we could just improve the old ones, amirite guyz lolz. God, incredible.
  11. majesty

majesty

I disprove of Drapion. It looks like an accordian had sex with a scorpion. Also, Combee? Failure.
    Cherubi line is a stupid concept and the creaters should feel bad.
    Mime Jr- enhancing a stupid pokemon? Making it worse IMO.
    Stunk and skuntank are both failure.

Why do we need all these legendaries? You'd think by this gen nintendo would have been more in tune with what the game needs as far as the metagame and instead the watered down a few neat pokemon with uber powerful noobs like Rhperior and a few idiotic things like Bidoof.
  12. SHT_Rule

SHT_Rule

^ To the Above Poster, go dunk your head in water. COMBEE DOES NOT SUCK AND NEITHER DOES THE CHERUBI LINE

You REALLY show your stupidity there, especially saying about Tauros.

Anyways:

Heracross- Its a Jelly Bean. Who cares. It is THE ugliest pokemon ever
    Blaziken- They ruined Chickens. I always imagined a Chicken Pokemon being Dark/Flying.
    Infernape- Wow. This pokemon excites me so [/sarcasm]
    Salamence- Ugly Dragonite rip off
    Garchomp- Its ugly, yet people are masturbating over it. I dont get it?
  13. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

14. Pokézoni

Pokézoni

I have nothing agianst weak pokemon... the only things I don't like are extremely unbalanced pogeys like Blissey and Wobbuffet.

It's not so much that they're TOO powerful, but that there aren't any decent equivalents or choices for their specialized roles.
  15. Alienjesus

Alienjesus

i wish gamefreak would make a legit bird pokemon called missingno, to shut people up about it. besides, water gun and sky attack was a bad moveset for a kangaskhan :p
  16. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

That wouldn't be a bad idea IMO you would have a creature to best fix Missingno and Bingo, new pokemon.
  17. Blue Ditto

Blue Ditto

In response to the first post of this topic, all the Eeveelutions so far are what we would have known as "special" types in Advance, so Glaceon is probably with Leafeon to help complete it. Yes, it would have made much more sense if they stuck in a dragon-type eeveelution to complete it, but either Gamefreak thought there were too many dragons or Eevee's not strong enough to evolve into an uber dragon...eh, they might stick it in next time around. =P

It's hard for me to say which ones should go fling themselves into a lava pit since I usually only ignore the more forgettable species, but...the Burmy line is an exception. Wurmple line can go with them too.
  18. ekans dilos

ekans dilos

I'm going to second everyone who mentioned the base 600s, and the unnecessary evos such as rhyperior and dusknoir.
  19. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede

Well, excuse me for giving a completely true statement on a Poke that you apparently like. No need to get your panties in a bunch, tool. If I am missing something, could you please point it out? Thanks.

BTW, Combee and the Cherubi line DOES suck.
  20. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Eevee evolves to suit it's environment, so i'd assume:

Vaporeon: Shorelines
    Flareon: Deserts and other hot places, like near volcanoes
    Jolteon: High areas that attract lightning, cities
    Espeon: Most likely cities
    Umbreon: Perpetually dark places
    Leafon: Forests
    Glaceon: Cold, snowy regions

I fail to see what habitat dragons are best suited for living in.
  21. Pokézoni

Pokézoni

Could we please get a rocky cliff dwelling Stoneon, and a graveyard dwelling Spookeon... I need some Normal and Fighting resist options for my Eeveelution team.
  22. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Those would be some great addition to the Eevee though I prefer the name Wispeon on the ghost one.

Captian Awesome~ Fairy Tale land? Best place for a dragon.
  23. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Rock type Eevee should be Mineon, Ground type could be Bureon. A Flying Eevee should feast on birds and airplanes, and rather than legs, it should have wings, and blah blah blah....
  24. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

^ Lawl a flying type that eats airplanes, that's funny.

On the topic the only pokemon that shouldn't been created are Luvdisc, Regigigas, the squrriel, and Shaymin. The rest of the pokemon I'm okay with.
  25. Cooper

Cooper

Wow, what's up with you and ugly pokemon? Heracross is based off of a beetle, which happen to have fat shells. Salamence is a Dragonite ripoff, but at least it's not fat like Dragonite, and it could hardly be called ugly. People are going crazy over Garchomp because it's a Ground/Dragon that's actually usable. I see you as using Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Plusle on a team.

The game needs its bad pokemon, or else there would only be one tier.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)