Pokemon That Should Have Never Been?

Carnivine, simply because he looks badass but then it has Cacturne like defensive stats minus the dark typing when GF could have made him the only Grass/Steel.

Finneon Line - WTF, was Goldeen/Seaking, Qwilfish, Corsola, Magikarp/Gyarados, Feebas/Milotic, Tentacool/Cruel, Lapras, Chinchou/Lantern, and all the rest not enough to represent the fish?

Happiny - Everything's been said.

Plusle/Minun - "Hey, let's make Pikachu clones, but make them extremely weak and based on positive and negative! Also, let's give everyone at GF a raise!"

Marill line - What are they even supposed to be?

Numel line - LOL WUT

Things that Game Freak shouldnt have made:

Luvdisc-Bad stats everywhere except speed
Unown-can only learn Hidden power
Early game rodents(Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Bibarel)- Not good. Poor stats. Heracross just nerfs them.
Delibird-pwned by T-tar and Metagross. Cant hit hard at all.
Pachirisu-Why do they even make electric based rodents?!? Isnt Raichu more than enough. Earthquake=dead electric
Blissey-Big one. I dont have a proper special attacker to fight it. And my poor old Garchomp dies to it.

If they didnt exist no one would care.

*likes all of the pokemon in the above post except unown*

seriously, all these weak pokemon that keep getting berated make me laugh because
A)some of them are just cool
B) if they didnt exist, then things more usable now would be the weakest ones, and no-one would liek them.
C)i find it can be quite fun to use them instead of the same feckinf stuff as everyone else. i used a mono-luvdisc team on netbattle, great fun.

Finneon Line - WTF, was Goldeen/Seaking, Qwilfish, Corsola, Magikarp/Gyarados, Feebas/Milotic, Tentacool/Cruel, Lapras, Chinchou/Lantern, and all the rest not enough to represent the fish?
Agreed due to the fact that its stats also leave it basically useless

Happiny - Everything's been said.
Indeed

Plusle/Minun - "Hey, let's make Pikachu clones, but make them extremely weak and based on positive and negative! Also, let's give everyone at GF a raise!"
Fair Enough

Marill line - What are they even supposed to be?
In terms of looks its bleh, but its trait actually gives this thing use

Numel line - LOL WUT

Now this i disagree with, i had a camerup that i LOVED in adv, i wish it coulda magically gained solid rock but since it didnt i dont use it now.

Anywho, WHO doesnt like exploding camels...

I didn't intend for this topic to bash weak pokemon, just ones with bad concepts ;_;
And most of the bashing are also reflected on the ones with bad concepts on them. Luvdisc, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Regigigas, and a few baby pokemon were bad concepts on GF part but the rest of the ones that are getting bashed are as not as bad if you think about it.

Off the topic of people that should have never been or should have been, does anyone wondered if they did make evolution to some of the more deserving pokemon, what stat,learnable attacks, ability, and just appearance would you recommed to GF if you was given a chance?

Off the topic of people that should have never been or should have been, does anyone wondered if they did make evolution to some of the more deserving pokemon, what stat,learnable attacks, ability, and just appearance would you recommed to GF if you was given a chance?
DANGER! DANGER!

The "What does it take to get into OU" topic was locked for this very reason. Try to stay on track, guys.

Oh, and Camerupt DOES have Solid Rock.

DANGER! DANGER!

The "What does it take to get into OU" topic was locked for this very reason. Try to stay on track, guys.
Damn....wasn't aware someone already make a thread like that well then ignore that last paragraph then.

I would also like to add Shuckle to the list of pokemon that shouldn't have been created. Shuckle isn't really as useful might say and I could never understand why they made him in the first place. What niche does this guy fit in the first place.

Well, Shuckle+Trick Room+Power Trick could make for a awsome sweeper if you could set it up.

I also think that the whole original concept of Caterpie->Metapod->Butterfree was great, until they decided to rehash it. Seriously, Butterfree/Beedril are cool, Dustox/Beutifly tried to rehash it, and it didn't work, sorry.

i dont care what anyone says about pineco NO ONE WAS TRYING WHEN THEY CREATED THIS! ITS A FRIGGEN PINE CONE! i dont care if i can be useful the design sucks. actually i remember reading somewhere that its actually pretty good in battle...i could be wrong. ether way i hate it

personally i could do with out alot of the 3rd generation pokemon. i played through sapphire when it first came out wishing i could use the old pokemon. some of them have grown on me now though.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i dont care what anyone says about pineco NO ONE WAS TRYING WHEN THEY CREATED THIS! ITS A FRIGGEN PINE CONE! i dont care if i can be useful the design sucks. actually i remember reading somewhere that its actually pretty good in battle...i could be wrong. ether way i hate it

personally i could do with out alot of the 3rd generation pokemon. i played through sapphire when it first came out wishing i could use the old pokemon. some of them have grown on me now though.
I point you to the inspiration that is Dugtrio. Its 3 peni, er, moles stuck together. There are a fair few pokemon whose designs are uninspiring.

Also, to the guy who bashed Octillery:

What do you NOT find cool about an Octopus that can fight on land and breathe fire, in addition to blasting grass energy, electric pulses, frozen beams, psychic attacks, rocks, sludge, and damn near anything else from the same orifice?

Octillery fucking owns.

Early game rodents(Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Bibarel)- Not good. Poor stats. Heracross just nerfs them.
Yeah, this is my big issue as well. Why is it that every early normal type that you usually catch in the grass right outside of your hometown sucks? I won't mention the flying types cause at least they are "usuable".

Swellow was great when it came out, and Staraptor just continutes the greatness. But why do the normal types that are not flying suck so bad? Well I slightly take that back...

Raticate has a good movepool, but just horrible stats to work with the movepool. It's also got a great trait in Guts.

Linoone makes itself useful by snagging me items. It also makes a great HM whore. Linoone is "arguably" the best starting normal type for this reason alone. It helps in items and HM moves.

But Furret? Ugh...and Bibarel? No thanks...

What do you NOT find cool about an Octopus that can fight on land and breathe fire, in addition to blasting grass energy, electric pulses, frozen beams, psychic attacks, rocks, sludge, and damn near anything else from the same orifice?
...the fact that...it doesnt look cool, at all (if it had an evolution, i would probably fucking love it)

OK Bidoof should have never been made. First time I saw it I just Lol'd IRL really loud, it is the most pathetic looking pokemon with the most pathetic name, and its a god damned beaver. Sif Sentret, Rattata and Zigzagoon weren't enough

Blissey-Big one. I dont have a proper special attacker to fight it. And my poor old Garchomp dies to it.

If they didnt exist no one would care.

I disagree so fucking much with this statement. Blissey makes pokemon EASIER. You don't have to keep 2 pokemon to predict around Azelf or Raikou, like Tyranitar usually forces teams to do, or use HP Dark for Alakazam and Gengar like Vaporeon and Slowbro have to use HP Electric to counter Gyarados. Blissey can handle both, basically freeing up space on the rest of your team to cover physical threats. Blissey is a space saver, better than any tupperware, its a 1 size fits all Special Wall.

I really shudder to think of a Metagame without Blissey, a lot of teams would need to carry Aerodactyl or Dugtrio just to beat out Raikou(Cresselia cannot take on Raikou, and Snorlax really doesn't have enough recovery to stop it the whole game. Stealth Rock nerfs Regice). Specsmence would be that much harder to counter, and at least with Blissey you have a choice between her, Cresselia, and Snorlax.

I don't know what you're smoking, but Blissey is a really great poke that I thank Gamefreak for making, and it has stayed the only "true" wall in the game.

I'll never look at Octillery the same way again, mostly because that comment in bold. Anything you say?...I'm going to putting cemet filled soda bottles in my Octillery's mouth just to see the look on the foe's face when he/she get hit with a heavy object going 100+ mph.

On a serious note, Octillery is freaking cool, heck I used one in my in-game team and he quite impressive for a slow moving Octopus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)