Pokemon That Should Have Never Been?

you cant get linoone during the main part of diamond and pearl there for bibarel is there to save the day.
True, but the main point brought up is that anything Bidoof/Bibarel can do, Zigzagoon and Linoone do some much better. Bibarel is definitely a great HM whore (that was basically what I used one for during the first part of the game), but so is Linoone. However, as I said before, Linoone also redeems itself by snagging items. Short on a potion? No problem, Linoone will get one for me. Need an extra pokeball? Linoone's got you covered. Want a bit of extra cash? Thank you Linoone for the lovely Nugget. This actually makes an incentive to level Linoone up. There is nothing that makes me want to level Bibarel up.

Luvdisc - Nice and all, but please give pokemon decent... somethings. I can't even think of a redeeming evo for it. At least give it a pimping breeding group so its like the new Fairy/Ground, just in the water.
Dusknoir - Please don't give pokemon who make it as a fearsome foe in the UU tiers an evolution. Give it to something thats stuck at bottom UU or NU, such as Banette.
Probopass - Where did that mustache come from? Though, it is hilarious. But it still sucks.
Magnezone - I already liked Magneton, and we didn't need to have an evolution like this.
Shaymin - Elch. Atleast make the sucky hedgehog pokemon blue, have good speed and crappy everything else. Then we can laugh at it.
Rhyperior - Needs to be less awesome. Seriously. Rhydon was incredible as is, but Rhyperior kind of takes the entire cake for himself.
Weavile - I hate him. Sneasel had great stats, but no moves to support him in the ADV generation and such. But now, he was geared up to live the good life in UU. Then Weavile comes, and makes him OU.
Lumineon - Atleast be a Water/Bug for comedy or something. Nintendo, you had a good design with Fineon and all, but why give it such a terrible evo design?
Hapinny - Good idea, but I think the only purpose here was so that Chansey would be out of the Petite Cup. Atleast, thats the only reason I can think of...
Mr. Mime - Mime junior is awesome. But Mr. Mime isn't.

And Wurmple, Purugly and Bidoof are necessary. Every generation has to have its Rodent, Cat and Bug. I just wish Bidoof and Purugly were less... hideous.

I'm going to kill stupid Bidoof / Kricketune / Roselia / Staravia. Fugly stuff gets in the way when you're trying to find a decent mansion pokemon like Porygon or Eevee

EDIT: I also fucking hate Shellos, makes it harder to PokeRadar stuff.

Weavile - I hate him. Sneasel had great stats, but no moves to support him in the ADV generation and such. But now, he was geared up to live the good life in UU. Then Weavile comes, and makes him OU.
What makes you think that you can't play Sneasel in UU? And Gligar in UU, for that matter. Just because something gets an evolution doesn't mean its prevo fades into nothingness.

I agree with most of the pokemon being ridiculous, but as to the babys. They do serve a purpose. They give some pokemon moves through that only. I don't remember exactly, but I do know mantine can only learn a few moves because of matyke. Anyways, yes. Most of them are pointless. Especially, in my eyes, bidoof and bibarel. I saw them and was like, "No, I won't use them."

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I agree with most of the pokemon being ridiculous, but as to the babys. They do serve a purpose. They give some pokemon moves through that only. I don't remember exactly, but I do know mantine can only learn a few moves because of matyke. Anyways, yes. Most of them are pointless. Especially, in my eyes, bidoof and bibarel. I saw them and was like, "No, I won't use them."
Mantyke learns Signal Beam via breeding, but it's a lv0 move for Mantine. Mantyke is just plain useless.

The only babies who give SOMETHING for their evos are Azurill (different Egg Moves) and Wynaut (Encore/Charm). The only problem with Azurill is that their egg moves are crap. The only really useful baby is Wynaut.

I'd say they should've never invented Chansey. It just doesn't look like the concept of a Pokemon. Its just a fat blobby....THING. And to boot its too much used (well, its evo is).

Others I'd say:

Licky line - Seriously, they are ridiculous.
Luvdisc - No comment needed
Rhyperior wasn't needed. Sandslash deserved the evo more
Dusknoir - see above, replace Sandslash with Banette
Bibarel - Normal/Water is fun, yet ANOTHER early game rodent like thing isn't.
Furret - Most useless of the early rodent family.
Finneon/Lumineon - We have Seaking already. Worthless poke.

Yeah.

The Neons are quite different than the Goldfish. They have much different movepools, E.G Silver Wind, U-Turn, Bounce

And I think Bibarel is horribly, disgustingly putrid. It looks like shit.

Edit: And Jhoto's cat is Snubbull/ Granbull... But their dogs

I swear this thread is laugh out loud funny. The Octillary comments were hilarious, plus I love the guy since I couldn't get him until collosium.

As for the pokemon I think are stupid I'm suprised noones metioned chingling yet. In my opinion, Kricketunes roar is like a hula girl that says ooh. Also peliper to me is just a stupid idea and shold only be used to deliver mail for dungion explorers. Also, I wish aggron had beter Spdef and solid rock like rhyperior. Also Mantyke shold only egsist as my avatar.

All preevos. I mean they should do like azurill, and give them another type. Different Typing=Different Breeding Group=Different Breeding Moves.
'nuff said.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Pelipper would be awesome with an evo.

Like Lumineon, Pachirisu, Plusle, Minun and other crappy things.

Hey, Pelipper has Surf+Fly, so he's OU ingame :]

I don't think you guys are really getting the point of this topic. I made it to escape talk about UU or NU or any other U's. There's no discussion of stats or of the movepool, just of the actual concept.

See I can tolerate Bibarel because it's a new idea, I just don't like its actual design.

but it's not about staying on topic. It's about fun

(in sync with the spongebob song)
F is for flamers who go and flame stuff
U is for the Uu's
N is for nothing 'bout this matters in real life, also please do not go ban me... *song fades away*

Sorry about the showe tune, but to actually go with your suggestion, I like the idea of a pellican pokemon but I don't like It's horrible commonness.

where to start where to start...

first off probopass WTF wats with the magnet mustache?
2nd almost all baby pkmn except wynut and pichu
Magnezone (Magneton's awesome, I OU him in R/S)
shaymin (ya make him blue and fast lol)
togekiss goodness every other battle tower fight has at least one togekiss!
Tangrowth other grass pokemon needed it more
Rhyperior sandslash needed it more
Lickilicky Its a fatter lickitung...WOW
Weavile I saw this guy comming as an OU before diamond come out.
Lumineon is just...strange...
shellos I HATE THESE THINGS
Pachirisu weaker light ball less pikachu
bibarel the guy looks like a beaver on coffee man!

I hope thats it...

lol, he would have been cooler if they made him look like pidgeot...
and weavile was actually good, his defs/hp are a little too high though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)