Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

:D

anyway, I'll suggest to remove the Cerebrey/Conacampus/Amygdilor line because of the following reasons:

-They're kinda boring. Mono-psychic typing is common and weak, while with the stats and abilities, it seems kind of straight forward. Sure, Pure Power on a special attacker seems cool, but really it just makes it another boring mixed attacker (Mono-Psychic on a physical attacker seems bad). I know this is a 'gen' where monotypes are very rare but seriously, mono-Psychic is too common 4 me.
-They don't seem like they'll have any real competitive impact due to mediocre bulk, good but not good enough speed and only average special attack for a special attacker, as well as the aforementioned horrible typing (Imagine how much more used Cresselia would be if it was Psychic/Fairy, cmon).
-They don't seem to have either a design or movepool, making it less painful to remove than other lines.

I'll save Catherithe and Froxic. Fun fact, Catherithe was originally called Catheterithe but it was misspelt Catherithe on the spreadsheet. I then realised that a catheter is actually the name of a medical device used to extract urine from someone who can't normally pee (The 'extraction of liquid' definition was why I used it in the name originally, since the pokemon sucks blood and is about draining moves). Let's leave it as is because that'd be awkward :3
Eh, I made that line, but I guess I'll second it.

I'm gonna save Monstratus and Spirox.

Also, I resprited Grievenge earlier, since its spritework was overall lazy, rushed, and a bit uninspired, so I just added more stuff to it and spent a good bit of time polishing it.

upload_2017-8-6_15-51-35.png
upload_2017-8-6_15-51-47.png

Also, I resprited Grievenge earlier, since its spritework was overall lazy, rushed, and a bit uninspired, so I just added more stuff to it and spent a good bit of time polishing it.

Jerry said legendaries will be done separately, so you can save something else over Spirox.

Also, what about gym aces, such as Drehemoth? This line is an integral part of my gym, so will I have to manually save it replacing one of my saves or is it kind of automatically saved because it is a gym ace?

I'm gonna save the Toddlebot line and the Deserunner line

EDIT: After realizing that Gym Leaders will keep their mons, I'm gonna save Coralcopia and the Pyrodo line

Last edited:
I'm gonna save the Toddlebot line and the Deserunner line
Deserunner is already a leaders mon. No need to save that, it's in the game. :V

Jerry said legendaries will be done separately, so you can save something else over Spirox.

Also, what about gym aces, such as Drehemoth? This line is an integral part of my gym, so will I have to manually save it replacing one of my saves or is it kind of automatically saved because it is a gym ace?
Read above

Spirox is the 3rd legendary of the game already, you can save something else over it. (3rd Legend, like how Kyurem is 3rd to Reshiram and Zekrom)

Deserunner is already a leaders mon. No need to save that, it's in the game. :V

Read above

Spirox is the 3rd legendary of the game already, you can save something else over it. (3rd Legend, like how Kyurem is 3rd to Reshiram and Zekrom)
So drehemoth is coded already? Great, I won't have to worry about it :)

But btw, wasn't Aurulong the third legend? Or am I missing something again?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
I save Powette and the Cerberuse line.
Seedocyte line is a part of my Elite Four team so no need to save them right?

I'd like to suggest removing Revenya and Nyantum. Just google Schrodinger's Cat Pokemon and you'll see four other versions of the same idea. I'd say it's not original or good.

Saving Harmo Amaura and Icicloud's lines shouldn't be needed since they're already in-game.

Instead, I will save the Super Raichu line and Spinji(-Mega).

I would also like to propose the removal of Varibrawl. It has SHADOW TAG for one of its abilities, for literally every deity's sake! Almost all of its forms have high class abilities and none of them are balanced around them. Even its forms without good standard abilities have Adaptability to fall back on, meaning just about all of them have stupid levels of power on their STABs.

Saving Harmo Amaura and Icicloud's lines shouldn't be needed since they're already in-game.

I would also like to propose the removal of Varibrawl. It has SHADOW TAG for one of its abilities, for literally every deity's sake! Almost all of its forms have high class abilities and none of them are balanced around them. Even its forms without good standard abilities have Adaptability to fall back on, meaning just about all of them have stupid levels of power on their STABs.
I agree with Varibrawl. Too many forms and they're all sort of unbalanced.

Any more opinions on the Cerebrey line?

If you were active on the discord, you would know that Varibrawl is getting a nerf (-10 in every stat)

Insufficient. Nerfing Varibrawl in a sufficient way would be an exercise in overcomplicating the project.
FINE. Should I make it -120 BST then, and destroy the whole mon? But wait, that won't be necessary. I haven't saved any mons yet, and I could simply save Varibrawl from elimination. It's getting nerfed to 480 BST already, so if that isn't enough of a nerf for you, too bad.

Last edited:
FINE. Should I make it -120 BST then, and destroy the whole mon? But wait, that won't be necessary. I haven't saved any mons yet, and I could simply save Varibrawl from elimination. It's getting nerfed to 480 BST already, so if that isn't enough of a nerf for you, too bad.
A flat reduction all statistics will never work for Varibrawl. You're refusing to tackle the actual issue and just hitting the goddamn numbers, just like with the Parental Bond nerf. What's so goddamn important to you about Varibrawl anyway? The way you designed it, you'd HAVE to kill its stats in order to balance it. Nearly all of its abilities, across all its forms, are in the 4-5 (read: niches in and of themselves regardless of stats) viability range, meaning that, unless you changed its abilities to much worse ones or killed its stats, it flat-out cannot continue to exist unless you want a 'mon mandatory for OU teams.

A flat reduction all statistics will never work for Varibrawl. You're refusing to tackle the actual issue and just hitting the goddamn numbers, just like with the Parental Bond nerf. What's so goddamn important to you about Varibrawl anyway? The way you designed it, you'd HAVE to kill its stats in order to balance it. Nearly all of its abilities, across all its forms, are in the 4-5 (read: niches in and of themselves regardless of stats) viability range, meaning that, unless you changed its abilities to much worse ones or killed its stats, it flat-out cannot continue to exist unless you want a 'mon mandatory for OU teams.
Heh.

Saving Varibrawl's line.

Sorted. It's staying. I'll nerf it in some way or another.

I'd like to save Folbatross/Albatress, if not because Flying Elite's signature, but because it's... not too dangerous. Sure, all of its abilities are good, but single flying type is horrible STAB and its coverage is mostly ice and Heatwave. Beyond that, a few stat nerfs can really save it. It can be a flying type to fill your hail teams! For mono flying, however, both Tornadus forms will fill the Special Attacker role better and have better longevity and more roles they can fill. They also have a higher stat total.

I'd also like to save Ramalot's line (especially since it's not broken any more,) because quite frankly, it has a unique typing (Ice/Normal) a unique set of breeding groups (Water3/Field) and a unique ability to take advantage of rocky terrain, which would otherwise have a lack of abusers to make teams around.

Last edited:
Dont get upset with me Ludicrousity but I really think Neutri has to go... It is just another Plusle and Minun clone that unfortunately will never see competitive play. Sure, flavor is a thing I guess, but do we really need that? As far as I'm concerned, Plusle and Minus actually represent Plus and Minus not Proton and Eletron, so if anything it should actually be based on that Plus Minus thing (±) rather then Neutrons, and I dont even have an idea of what to call that! But honestly, its better to scrap it entirely in my opinion, it serves no purpose, both flavor and competitive wise.

Please don't get upset.
And please don't save Neutri line. That would be a total waste of a save imao.

Dont get upset with me Ludicrousity but I really think Neutri has to go... It is just another Plusle and Minun clone that unfortunately will never see competitive play. Sure, flavor is a thing I guess, but do we really need that? As far as I'm concerned, Plusle and Minus actually represent Plus and Minus not Proton and Eletron, so if anything it should actually be based on that Plus Minus thing (±) rather then Neutrons, and I dont even have an idea of what to call that! But honestly, its better to scrap it entirely in my opinion, it serves no purpose, both flavor and competitive wise.

Please don't get upset.
And please don't save Neutri line. That would be a total waste of a save imao.
To be fair, I don't like Neutri either. May as well ditch it

Last edited:
I'd like to save Folbatross/Albatress, if not because Flying Elite's signature, but because it's... not too dangerous. Sure, all of its abilities are good, but single flying type is horrible STAB and its coverage is mostly ice and Heatwave. Beyond that, a few stat nerfs can really save it. It can be a flying type to fill your hail teams! For mono flying, however, both Tornadus forms will fill the Special Attacker role better and have better longevity and more roles they can fill. They also have a higher stat total.

I'd also like to save Ramalot's line (especially since it's not broken any more,) because quite frankly, it has a unique typing (Ice/Normal) a unique set of breeding groups (Water3/Field) and a unique ability to take advantage of rocky terrain, which would otherwise have a lack of abusers to make teams around.
if it's an elite signature it doesn't need saving afaik