Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Why not just change Mega Gallade's ability, then?
If you mean changing MegaGallade's ability in this metagame, I don't see why not. But if you're asking why Gamefreak themselves didn't want to do that, well...
MegaGallade is Wally's signature Pokémon, and Wally's entire character is based around willpower AKA Force of Will (AKA JP name for Inner Focus). Inner Focus is also related to Gallade's other abilities, Justified and Steadfast, which translate into Indomitable Heart and Heart of Justice. Willpower, fighting with your heart and friendship is the entire point of MegaGallade. It simply makes sense. There are even people who joke about Gallade literally and figuratively fighting with his heart since the big red spike on its chest shrinks and two red spikes like it grow on its blade-arms.

If you mean changing MegaGallade's ability in this metagame, I don't see why not. But if you're asking why Gamefreak themselves didn't want to do that, well...
MegaGallade is Wally's signature Pokémon, and Wally's entire character is based around willpower AKA Force of Will (AKA JP name for Inner Focus). Inner Focus is also related to Gallade's other abilities, Justified and Steadfast, which translate into Indomitable Heart and Heart of Justice. Willpower, fighting with your heart and friendship is the entire point of MegaGallade. It simply makes sense. There are even people who joke about Gallade literally and figuratively fighting with his heart since the big red spike on its chest shrinks and two red spikes like it grow on its blade-arms.
Fair enough.
Maybe Azelf should have Inner Focus as a HA then :P

Looking at the GitHub page, I tried to code some of the Pokemon:

Code:
Kimosoul: {
        num: 8048,
        species: "Kimosoul",
        types: ["Ghost", "Dark"],
        baseStats: {hp: 50, atk: 45, def: 40, spa: 50, spd: 55, spe: 85},
        abilities: {0: "Shadow Tag", H: "Cute Charm"},
        heightm: 0.9,
        weightkg: 22.7,
        color: "White",
        evo: "Spirilure",
        eggGroups: ["Human-Like", "Amorphous"],
},
Code:
Spirilure: {
        num: 8049,
        species: "Spirilure",
        baseStats: {hp: 65, atk: 55, def: 65, spa: 95, spd: 65, spe: 110},
        abilities: {0: "Shadow Tag", H: "Intimidate"},
        heightm: 1.5,
        weightkg: 36.2,
        prevo: "Kimosoul",
},

Code:
Toddlebot: {
        num: 8050,
        species: "Toddlebot",
        types: ["Steel"],
        baseStats: {hp: 60, atk: 75, def: 50, spa: 75, spd: 50, spe: 60},
        abilities: {0: "Rattled", H: "Prankster"},
        heightm: 0.5,
        weightkg: 13.6,
        color: "Gray",
        evos: ["Robrute", "Robeauty"],
        eggGroups: ["Human-Like", "Mineral"],
},
Code:
Robrute: {
        num: 8051,
        species: "Robrute",
        types: ["Steel", "Fighting"],
        baseStats: {hp: 80, atk: 135, def: 90, spa: 55, spd: 70, spe: 95},
        abilities: {0: "Scrappy", H: "Guts"},
        heightm: 1.8,
        weightkg: 75.7,
        prevo: "Toddlebot",
        evoLevel: 35,
},
Code:
Robeauty: {
        num: 8052,
        species: "Robeauty",
        types: ["Steel", "Fairy"],
        baseStats: {hp: 80, atk: 55, def: 95, spa: 90, spd: 135, spe: 70},
        abilities: {0: "Serene Grace", H: "Regenerator"},
        heightm: 1.2,
        weightkg: 29.0,
},

Code:
Pyrodo: {
        num: 8053,
        species: "Pyrodo",
        types: ["Rock", "Fire"],
        baseStats: {hp: 56, atk: 44, def: 57, spa: 78, spd: 57, spe: 83},
        abilities: {0: "Levitate", H: "Solar Power"},
        heightm: 0.8,
        weightkg: 13.1,
        color: "Yellow",
        evo: "Blazododo",
        eggGroups: ["Flying", "Mineral"],
},
Code:
Blazododo: {
        num: 8054,
        species: "Blazododo",
        baseStats: {hp: 76, atk: 64, def: 77, spa: 100, spd: 87, spe: 116},
        heightm: 1.1,
        weightkg: 15.8,
        prevo: "Pyrodo",
        evoLevel: 40,
},

Code:
Coralcopia: {
        num: 8055,
        species: "Coralcopia",
        types: ["Rock", "Grass"],
        baseStats: {hp: 95, atk: 30, def: 85, spa: 65, spd: 80, spe: 35},
        abilities: {0: "Hidden Potential", H: "Solid Rock"},
        weightkg: 55.7,
        color: "Brown",
        eggGroups: ["Water 3", "Mineral"],
},

Code:
carnivine: {
        inherit: true,
        abilities: {0: "Levitate"},
        otherFormes: ["carnivinemega"],
    },
    carnivinemega: {
        num: 455,
        species: "Carnivine-Mega",
        baseSpecies: "Carnivine",
        forme: "Mega",
        formeLetter: "M",
        types: ["Grass", "Poison"],
        baseStats: {hp: 74, atk: 140, def: 120, spa: 90, spd: 104, spe: 26},
        abilities: {0: "Intoxicate"},
        heightm: 2.2,
        weightkg: 34.4,
        color: "Green",
        eggGroups: ["Grass"],
},

Be sure to tell me if there are any mistakes

Last edited:
It isn't just Genesect without a cannon and steel body, Primals absorb the power of nature like how Megas absorb the power of humans/trainers.

I should probably do a Primal of a Harmo legendary to go along with Genesect and its Harmo lore but I suggested stopping with the Megas at number 24 which was Primal Genesect... Hmmm... What do you say Jerrytkrot ?
I'be thought a lot about this, and I don't want any primals in this generation. Also, I do want to see mega dragalge.

With that said, everyone will rush to code their own Megas so they become final.
Like I did with Carnivine XD.

Personally, I feel if everyone codes all of their accepted Megas + Mega Dragalge, then being one or two Megas over the limit is fine, though it's ultimately up to Jerry.

I'm having trouble accessing the Pokemon through the Teambuilder on Dragonhaven, and advice on how to get to them? :P
Choose a random pokemon. Write your ability and moves and item of choice in all necessary boxes, do EVs, then go into the Import section, delete the Pokemon name and write in the New First Gen pokemon's name. Same with items but delete and write over the item instead.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Okay so story time.
Long ago, when this Project only had 3 pages, I tried making a "versatile Pokémon", Powette. It had 450 BST and I thought it was too strong because of its movepoll and abilities. It's only gimmick is that it can have either one or two moves of any type it wants. The first method of getting those moves restricts it to holding a plate, not getting STAB and using a move with 75 BP. Yes, 75 BP. The move that gets its type changed is weaker than Multi-Attack, with no STAB. It was made before we knew Multi-Attack would exist, and before people using Silvally competitively knew it was garbage. It was supposed to have Multitype, giving it a type change and STAB, but Jerry suggested Protean instead. So no one is realistically going to use this. Non-STAB 75BP coverage that takes up the item slot? Nope.

The second method uses the ability but allows Powette to change the type of the move in the first slot, based on Hidden Power type. This is just a glorified Hidden Power. The ability was based on Custom Power but what I didn't realize was what made Pokemon viable in that metagame. The viable Pokemon in Custom Power are viable in the OU metagame, and have top tier moves like E-Speed or Boomburst for stronger STAB or coverage. None of those things affect the Pokemon I created. It's not viable normally because of low stats, it doesn't have any top tier moves and it already has Psychic for STAB and BoltBeam for coverage. So using this second method of getting any move type won't make it viable in any way.
Since it's single main gimmick won't make it viable or even usable, let's look at Jerry's suggestion: Protean. Now let's look at it's stats. Almost the same BST and stats as Kecleon, which has the same ability and is NU. Yeah, it's not going to work.

-~-If you don't want to read everything, start from here. Long story short, I made a Pokémon and it sucks. Now read the rest.

You might be thinking "Why would you write all of this?? Buff it already!!". Well, you see, I wanted to give Powette a Mega. Simplest solution. Maybe it could fix it. It's Hidden Power gimmick would be lost but what can you do... right? However... VARIBRAWL EXISTS. The second versatile Pokémon submitted much later, in page 21. It makes Powette completely unviable. It doesn't SIMPLY have a form for every type like Powette was SUPPOSED to have with Multitype. It has a different stat spread AND a new ability for every type. MegaPowette would have 550 BST. Varibrawl has 540 BST and can hold items. MegaPowette would have 1 Ability, Varibrawl would have 19, ALL of them top tier ones like Adaptability, Filter, -ate Abilities, Drought, etc.
How am I supposed to fix Powette? If I fix all the mistakes I made while making it, it would still be 100% worse than Psychic Varibrawl alone. If I gave it Multitype, ignoring Jerry's suggestion from months ago, it would still have 18 forms 100% worse than Varibrawl forms. So much for trying to make the metagame's "versatile Pokémon" first... Powette is the metagame's most outclassed Pokemon at everything it tries to do, that's what it is. At least the third versatile Pokémon Aurulong is a legendary, so it being strong makes sense... (Note: Why did we need so many versatile Pokemon lol)

I wrote this post to get suggestions. To explain the problem and then to try and fix it. Seriously, how do I fix Powette? Give it a Mega? Improve the effects of Power Burst (its 1st option for coverage) and Power Change (its 2nd option for coverage)? Give it Sketch x4 so it REALLY becomes versatile? +100 BST Boost to base form so it's at least Varibrawl tier in BST? Multitype? Adaptability (even though every Varibrawl has Adaptability and higher stats)? All of the above? Some of the above?
I wouldn't want to nerf Varibrawl just because of Powette, but even Aurulong's forms are somewhat outclassed by it, so maybe?

Okay so story time.
Long ago, when this Project only had 3 pages, I tried making a "versatile Pokémon", Powette. It had 450 BST and I thought it was too strong because of its movepoll and abilities. It's only gimmick is that it can have either one or two moves of any type it wants. The first method of getting those moves restricts it to holding a plate, not getting STAB and using a move with 75 BP. Yes, 75 BP. The move that gets its type changed is weaker than Multi-Attack, with no STAB. It was made before we knew Multi-Attack would exist, and before people using Silvally competitively knew it was garbage. It was supposed to have Multitype, giving it a type change and STAB, but Jerry suggested Protean instead. So no one is realistically going to use this. Non-STAB 75BP coverage that takes up the item slot? Nope.

The second method uses the ability but allows Powette to change the type of the move in the first slot, based on Hidden Power type. This is just a glorified Hidden Power. The ability was based on Custom Power but what I didn't realize was what made Pokemon viable in that metagame. The viable Pokemon in Custom Power are viable in the OU metagame, and have top tier moves like E-Speed or Boomburst for stronger STAB or coverage. None of those things affect the Pokemon I created. It's not viable normally because of low stats, it doesn't have any top tier moves and it already has Psychic for STAB and BoltBeam for coverage. So using this second method of getting any move type won't make it viable in any way.
Since it's single main gimmick won't make it viable or even usable, let's look at Jerry's suggestion: Protean. Now let's look at it's stats. Almost the same BST and stats as Kecleon, which has the same ability and is NU. Yeah, it's not going to work.

-~-If you don't want to read everything, start from here. Long story short, I made a Pokémon and it sucks. Now read the rest.

You might be thinking "Why would you write all of this?? Buff it already!!". Well, you see, I wanted to give Powette a Mega. Simplest solution. Maybe it could fix it. It's Hidden Power gimmick would be lost but what can you do... right? However... VARIBRAWL EXISTS. The second versatile Pokémon submitted much later, in page 21. It makes Powette completely unviable. It doesn't SIMPLY have a form for every type like Powette was SUPPOSED to have with Multitype. It has a different stat spread AND a new ability for every type. MegaPowette would have 550 BST. Varibrawl has 540 BST and can hold items. MegaPowette would have 1 Ability, Varibrawl would have 19, ALL of them top tier ones like Adaptability, Filter, -ate Abilities, Drought, etc.
How am I supposed to fix Powette? If I fix all the mistakes I made while making it, it would still be 100% worse than Psychic Varibrawl alone. If I gave it Multitype, ignoring Jerry's suggestion from months ago, it would still have 18 forms 100% worse than Varibrawl forms. So much for trying to make the metagame's "versatile Pokémon" first... Powette is the metagame's most outclassed Pokemon at everything it tries to do, that's what it is. At least the third versatile Pokémon Aurulong is a legendary, so it being strong makes sense... (Note: Why did we need so many versatile Pokemon lol)

I wrote this post to get suggestions. To explain the problem and then to try and fix it. Seriously, how do I fix Powette? Give it a Mega? Improve the effects of Power Burst (its 1st option for coverage) and Power Change (its 2nd option for coverage)? Give it Sketch x4 so it REALLY becomes versatile? +100 BST Boost to base form so it's at least Varibrawl tier in BST? Multitype? Adaptability (even though every Varibrawl has Adaptability and higher stats)? All of the above? Some of the above?
I wouldn't want to nerf Varibrawl just because of Powette, but even Aurulong's forms are somewhat outclassed by it, so maybe?
An ability which changes its primary type to the held plate's type and its secondary type to Hidden Power type. You can make whatever combo you want. Not sure it'll be enough but it's cool.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Maybe buff its signature move by a lot? Maybe, as an example, 150 base power would be a bit better and provide the coverage it needs and have enough power.

I dunno what its stats are, but 450 BST means the stats all average at about 75, which means you either have horribe bulk, speed, power, or are just meh at everything, and one good move can make you viable, but not broken, similarly to Zygarde with Arrows.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Maybe buff its signature move by a lot? Maybe, as an example, 150 base power would be a bit better and provide the coverage it needs and have enough power.

I dunno what its stats are, but 450 BST means the stats all average at about 75, which means you either have horribe bulk, speed, power, or are just meh at everything, and one good move can make you viable, but not broken, similarly to Zygarde with Arrows.
Hmmm. Powette's stats are 100/50/50/100/100/50.
252+ SpA Earth Plate Powette 150 BP Judgment vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Mew: 132-156 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Mew: 150-177 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
150 BP move sounds good but not enough to make it usable. You mentioned Zygarde-10%, and Zygarde's usable 'cause it's base 115 speed. So maybe 150 BP signature move + more speed.

No, I mean actual typing, not just move typing.
That would uh... be quite complex. I like it. Not sure if Jerry will like it though.

DuoM2

whao
Hmmm. Powette's stats are 100/50/50/100/100/50.
252+ SpA Earth Plate Powette 150 BP Judgment vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Mew: 132-156 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Judgment vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Mew: 150-177 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
150 BP move sounds good but not enough to make it usable. You mentioned Zygarde-10%, and Zygarde's usable 'cause it's base 115 speed. So maybe 150 BP signature move + more speed.
The point was that Zygarde would be pretty bad without Arrows, and Arrows makes it good. But I mentioned both Zygardes. Zydog would normally be outclassed by Flygon, who is already horrible, but because of Arrows, it has a standout niche in OU. As does regular Zygarde, who wouldn't necessarily be outclassed but would just be flat out bad in the metagame with no good way to deal with quite a few Pokemon in OU (ex Tapu Bulu/Fini, Skarmory, Steela etc.)

Anyways, the stats you showed and my ideas remind me a lot of Decidueye, who has slightly better physical bulk and has a worse speed tier. Otherwise, both mons have good special bulk and a niche, with Decidueye's being Spirit Shackle + Baton Pass or a Ghost-type (spinblocking) Defogger and Powette's being any coverage you want or a very strong STAB that would work well with specs. I'd argue that this would be much better than Decidueye for that and could work in this environment

tl;dr With my suggested changes, Powette now has a good niche and options that could make it threatening in TNFG, as shown with theorymonning with other viable mons in OU like Decidueye and Zygarde.

DuoM2

whao
Here are the first sprites I made (that aren't my creations) that contribute to this project...

N1 - i couldn't read the name.png
N1 - Coocold.png
N1 - Haileta.png

N1 - i couldn't read the name (Shiny).png
N1 - Coocold (Shiny).png
N1 - Haileta (Shiny).png

Feel free to note anything that could be improved on my part on the sprites, I feel like I did a good job putting the existing design into sprite form.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
Looking at the GitHub page, I tried to code some of the Pokemon:

Code:
Kimosoul: {
        num: 8048,
        species: "Kimosoul",
        baseStats: {hp: 50, atk: 45, def: 40, spa: 50, spd: 55, spe: 85},
        abilities: {0: "Shadow Tag", H: "Cute Charm"},
        weightkg: 22.7,
        evo: "Spirilure",
},
Code:
Spirilure: {
        num: 8049,
        species: "Spirilure",
        baseStats: {hp: 65, atk: 55, def: 65, spa: 95, spd: 65, spe: 110},
        abilities: {0: "Shadow Tag", H: "Intimidate"},
        heightm: 1.5,
        weightkg: 36.2,
        prevo: "Kimosoul",
},

Code:
Toddlebot: {
        num: 8050,
        species: "Toddlebot",
        types: ["Steel"],
        baseStats: {hp: 60, atk: 75, def: 50, spa: 75, spd: 50, spe: 60},
        abilities: {0: "Rattled", H: "Prankster"},
        heightm: 0.5,
        weightkg: 13.6,
        evos: ["Robrute", "Robeauty"],
},
Code:
Robrute: {
        num: 8051,
        species: "Robrute",
        types: ["Steel", "Fighting"],
        baseStats: {hp: 80, atk: 135, def: 90, spa: 55, spd: 70, spe: 95},
        abilities: {0: "Scrappy", H: "Guts"},
        heightm: 1.8,
        weightkg: 75.7,
},
Code:
Robeauty: {
        num: 8052,
        species: "Robeauty",
        types: ["Steel", "Fairy"],
        baseStats: {hp: 80, atk: 55, def: 95, spa: 90, spd: 135, spe: 70},
        abilities: {0: "Serene Grace", H: "Regenerator"},
        heightm: 1.2,
        weightkg: 29.0,
},

Code:
Pyrodo: {
        num: 8053,
        species: "Pyrodo",
        baseStats: {hp: 56, atk: 44, def: 57, spa: 78, spd: 57, spe: 83},
        heightm: 0.8,
        weightkg: 13.1,
        evo: "Blazododo",
},
Code:
Blazododo: {
        num: 8054,
        species: "Blazododo",
        baseStats: {hp: 76, atk: 64, def: 77, spa: 100, spd: 87, spe: 116},
        heightm: 1.1,
        weightkg: 15.8,
        prevo: "Pyrodo",
        evoLevel: 40,
},

Code:
Coralcopia: {
        num: 8055,
        species: "Coralcopia",
        types: ["Rock", "Grass"],
        baseStats: {hp: 95, atk: 30, def: 85, spa: 65, spd: 80, spe: 35},
        abilities: {0: "Hidden Potential", H: "Solid Rock"},
        weightkg: 55.7,
        color: "Brown",
        eggGroups: ["Water 3", "Mineral"],
},

Code:
carnivine: {
        inherit: true,
        abilities: {0: "Levitate"},
        otherFormes: ["carnivinemega"],
    },
    carnivinemega: {
        num: 455,
        species: "Carnivine-Mega",
        baseSpecies: "Carnivine",
        forme: "Mega",
        formeLetter: "M",
        types: ["Grass", "Poison"],
        baseStats: {hp: 74, atk: 140, def: 120, spa: 90, spd: 104, spe: 26},
        abilities: {0: "Intoxicate"},
        heightm: 2.2,
        weightkg: 34.4,
        color: "Green",
        eggGroups: ["Grass"],
},

Be sure to tell me if there are any mistakes
Nice! added them!
I'm having trouble accessing the Pokemon through the Teambuilder on Dragonhaven, and advice on how to get to them? :P
Use Import/Export for adding in all the custom Pokemon, moves, items, mega stones and abilities. The moves and ability which already exist can be simply chosen by the usual method.
There are two ways to do that
Method #1
Simply type the name of the Pokemon, Ability, EVs, Nature and the Moves just like any Pokemon set is shared on Smogon

Method #2
Choose any Pokemon say Charizard (totally random pick :P), give it any 4 moves, any ability and set the EVs then click on Import/Export and change whatever you want.

Here's this
Here are the first sprites I made (that aren't my creations) that contribute to this project...

Feel free to note anything that could be improved on my part on the sprites, I feel like I did a good job putting the existing design into sprite form.
Cool sprites :O
Since Dragon Heaven doesn't have a custom client yet, we cannot add a sprite for each mon but I found a way to do something similar by implementing the sprite using the CSS however, it has two limitations: All the new pokemon which originally dont have a sprite will get the same sprite. That means Fungarai, Steelicillo, Mega Snorlax and all will get the same sprite. Second, there wont be an option for a different front and back sprite. If anyone has any other method by which sprites can be added, do let us know.
So the main thing is can you remove the white space from the background of that sprite and make it transparent with some tool or free-form cut? Because the sprite looks good but would be even better without the background
Here's how it looks at the moment

The opponent's sprite looks

Also which sprite should be made the mascot of all till we have a custom client? :P
Its Monstratus atm, but the Haileta line looks awesome as well (If the sprite doesn't work for you in battles, hit Ctrl + F5 they will show up after a mon is selected not while the team preview)

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Woah, I really like these. They look amazing
Cool sprites :O
Since Dragon Heaven doesn't have a custom client yet, we cannot add a sprite for each mon but I found a way to do something similar by implementing the sprite using the CSS however, it has two limitations: All the new pokemon which originally dont have a sprite will get the same sprite. That means Fungarai, Steelicillo, Mega Snorlax and all will get the same sprite. Second, there wont be an option for a different front and back sprite. If anyone has any other method by which sprites can be added, do let us know.
So the main thing is can you remove the white space from the background of that sprite and make it transparent with some tool or free-form cut? Because the sprite looks good but would be even better without the background
First off, you have no idea how much the compliments mean to me. Second off, I'm not really making the sprites for the server, more so for the fangame that's going to come out eventually. I made the Mega Monstratus/Haileta line with sprites not being in the server in mind. And, third off, I'll try to remove the white space in the back of all of them now; I completely forgot about that. I'll post again when I get all 20 of my sprites updated.

Also, where did the sprite section go on the spreadsheet? Is it gone because we can't have them in the server or something?

EDIT: I apparently can't make the background of the sprites transparent, as the program I use for spriting (MS Paint lol) can't do that. Could someone with any other art program could do it for me, since my computer can't download files?

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
First off, you have no idea how much the compliments mean to me. Second off, I'm not really making the sprites for the server, more so for the fangame that's going to come out eventually. I made the Mega Monstratus/Haileta line with sprites not being in the server in mind. And, third off, I'll try to remove the white space in the back of all of them now; I completely forgot about that. I'll post again when I get all 20 of my sprites updated.

Also, where did the sprite section go on the spreadsheet? Is it gone because we can't have them in the server or something?

EDIT: I apparently can't make the background of the sprites transparent, as the program I use for spriting (MS Paint lol) can't do that. Could someone with any other art program could do it for me, since my computer can't download files?
Download Paint.net and save the pictures as .png. That should make the background transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)