Pokemon Throwback - Gen IV Tier Shift

EV

Banned deucer.
How will nu be handled cause no ru. Also charizard and jynx seem like the stars of meta meta from my theorymonning (theorymonningg=looking at dpp nu viability rankings)
Probably BL/UU = +5
BL2/NU = +10
Might water down some of the foreseeable threats that way. I'll let you know what we decide.

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
October's ladder is Gen IV Tier Shift!! That's right, our runner-up from the last vote was barely behind in votes, so we decided to give it a shot next. I will update the OP soon and the ladder should be playable by the 1st/after server restart. Enjoy!

OCTOBER TIER SHIFT SPOOPY COOL FUN
I just looked at that picture and nothing else omg <3

EDIT: Actually read it, Congrats Gen 4 Tier Shift!

Reactions: EV

Quagsire is NU in Gen IV but it isn't getting the TS boosts. On the other hand, OU Zapdos got UU/BL TS boosts (I didn't get a screenshot because my opponent forfeited). Jynx's TS boosts aren't showing either.

My Quagsire spread is 252/180/76 in Hp, def and sdef.

Quagsire is NU in Gen IV but it isn't getting the TS boosts. On the other hand, OU Zapdos got UU/BL TS boosts (I didn't get a screenshot because my opponent forfeited). Jynx's TS boosts aren't showing either.

My Quagsire spread is 252/180/76 in Hp, def and sdef.
time to make a counter for your quag.

One mon that I have been using to a great extent is medicham (I peaked #1 on the ladder with it ;)). It can kill so many things with high jump kick it is absolutely wonderful. The only real downside for cham is with the lack of team preview because you can't just spam HJK cause ghost type. Like I said earlier in my theorymonning jynx is a really good lead (the boosts are working for me lel) as it can taunt sr leads and sleep all other leads because it is so fast.

EV

Banned deucer.
urdrakonis and anyone else:
+Eevee General: did you see that post in the thread
+Eevee General: regarding quagsire, jynx, etc not having the correct stat changes
~The Immortal: yeah
~The Immortal: the thing shows gen 6
~The Immortal: so it won't show the correct stats
+Eevee General: when you hover over the pokemon?
~The Immortal: yeah
+Eevee General: but otherwise it is correct
~The Immortal: yes
+Eevee General: i'll let them know!
~The Immortal: ok

Yeah it's pretty strange. I understand that Quagsire was OU at one point but Jynx?

Regular TS is showing weird numbers now too so I guess things are a little messed up right now. Cause I remember in the past that TS boosts always showed the correct numbers.

I just did some tests with an alt via challenge. (hope that's allowed)

338 displayed speed Mismagius is outsped by 339 displayed speed Zapdos.

I also retested the above situation involving Scarftran and Scarf Magneton, and I could recreate the results perfectly.

That means the displayed stats are indeed real.

There's like no one on the ladder now...Quite disappointing, as I wanted to try out these guys:
Sceptile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Endeavor
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack
Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

^Heh, gg.

I totally fell for the bait and lost my Heatran. I guess it serves me right for peeking in here. Though I didn't expect to queue against you.

Yeah, and stat boosts are definitely working now. Quag's taking hits so well now. Kind of like how he was in Gen V Tier Shift, where he occupied a spot on pretty much all my teams.

Yeah, that game was really intense. It's a shame I had to end it early.
I changed my Sceptile set to 4 Attacks Life Orb since the lead since was way too weak for my tastes. As I observed in my most recent battle, it seems to be the way to go in this metagame.
Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
In my two battles, I've found Medicham to be an underwhelming wallbreaker, as I've been presented with bad matchups and it wasn't doing enough damage (probably because I had a Lum Berry in the second battle). It's too slow against offensive mons and too weak against stall as a whole.
Sp. Defensive Spiritomb, on the other hand, has been a wonderful asset to my team. It spinblocks and Pursuit traps Starmie, walls Cresselia outside of Toxic and can burn things to provide team support. However, it needs to be paired with a strong wallbreaker to reach its full potential.

EV

Banned deucer.
I want to let everyone here know that we've decided to close the Pokemon Throwback ladder and thread. It was fun while it lasted, but unfortunately the activity on the server was way too low to warrant a ladder, and we would rather devote our time to fostering permanent ladders and drawing players to those instead of diverting attention away and toward this project.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)