Pokemon Trivia

(Approved by Mekkah; and credit for banner goes to Toaster!)

Intro:

Welcome to Smogon Pokemon trivia; that will be held on IRC #pokemontrivia server. This idea originally came from EeveeTrainer, who one day started a huge trivia session on #stark that received a lot of participation from the channel. The game proved to be very fun, and we all had a good time. Now that there is a channel for this, we hope to get Smogon users more involved in the trivia process, and continue the entertainment in a competitive way.

Rules:

This will be split into two sections, a general sections and in channel one!

General:

1-Only offical hosts can ask questions.
2-No asking dumb questions (e.g. what is pokemon, who is ash, etc.)
3-No questions where the answer is a number.
4-Think long and hard before you post questions.
5-Pokemon related questions only!
6-A minimum of 10 questions must be asked for each game!

In Channel

1-All #stark rules apply!
2-If someone else hosts while the tourney is on the original game ends.
3-No bashing a host.
4-Don't act dumb with your answers.
5-Correct spelling must be used in order for the answer to be legit.
6-The host determines who answered the question first. If the correct answer shows up first for you and the host gave the point to someone else, don't complain! There is a feature on IRC which makes it appear that you have said the answer first, which may not always be the case!

Anyone who breaks these rules will be written up an offense, where the punishment increases each time.

1st offense is a D/Q from the current trivia game.
2nd offense is a D/Q from the current trivia game, and a 1 day ban.
3rd offense is a D/Q from the current trivia game, and a 1 week ban.
4th offense is a D/Q from the current trivia game, and a 1 month ban.
5th offense is a D/Q from the current trivia game, and a 1 year ban.

Any offense past that results in a permaban from the channel!

Hosting

Official Hosts: Justinawe, Toaster, Ungy, Fireburn, Jumpman 16, Bluewind, Zy, Coronis, Dracoyoshi8, Rodan, StevenSnype

In order to become a host, you must be an active participant in trivia while you aren't hosting, and you have to show general respect and understanding. Then if you want to apply, you need the approval of a mod on the channel who believes you would be fit as a host.

UPDATE: #Pokemontrivia now has a bot, Manaphy! It can do many things, such as:

-Host games(ANY TYPE)
-Ask Questions other than stats
-Can Kick or Ban users upon request
-Can Ignore everyone bar the driver and Justinawe.
-Can keep track of scores!
-Greet People

Scoring See this link: http://goo.gl/vJjt

The host will keep track of the scores, where each question answered correctly is worth 1 point. Whenever the game is declared over, someone in the game will upload to google docs, where all scores are tallied. They can be seen in the link next to scoring above! Once a game is finished, the host will post the results of that game in this thread for convenience and as a time log.
However, this is only necessary if the google docs updaters, are offline. Otherwise they will handle all updates, thanks!

Official Score Updaters: Toaster, Zy, Rodan

Conclusion

Pokemon Trivia has been very fun, and we hope this will be a more popular game for Smogonites to play. The scoring system allows for a competitive nature, which many of us are familiar with in pokemon itself. So if you want to test you knowledge, and just learn some interesting things about pokemon, come join us at #pokemontrivia!

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
may i suggest you set up a bot for this, or at least some kind of script that the host can run. it'll become boring for the host quite quickly i'd imagine

Pokemon Trivia hosted on Monday at 6:45 AM PST
Results
Number of Questions: 30
Toaster: 4
Zap: 2
Zy: 8
Coronis: 5
Coolking49: 1
Ungy: 2
Dracoyoshi8: 2
Yoz: 5
Joel: 1

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
may i suggest you set up a bot for this, or at least some kind of script that the host can run. it'll become boring for the host quite quickly i'd imagine
I disagree with this. We have multiple hosts; if one gets tired, he or she can simply stop hosting after the current game has ended and let another host take over.
In addition, I've been involved with trivia games run by botscripts, and generally, those become boring since the bot would have a file of questions and answers. After going through the questions at least once, simply by looking at the question, someone can instantly say the answer. If this was done by users, the questions generally wouldn't be ones repeated since they can come up with new questions on their own, making the game more fun.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Pokemon Trivia hosted on Tuesday 12:01 A.M. EST
Results:
1st place: dbolt 3 points
2nd place: LinIsKorean, BunnyMaster 2 points
4th place: Zap, JustinAwe, MagicMaster87 1 point

10 Questions in this round.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Just pointing out whomever hosted two trivias before JustinAwe's from yesterday didn't update once.

I'd have a total of 8 points for 3 games played. There were like 4 other players, too. Might want to look into that.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Awkwardly hosted game with myself, JustinAwe and Rodan switching hosts. Final results:

TotalPotato: 5 points
the_angry_scientist: 5 points
StevenSnype: 3 points
Rodan: 1 point
BunnyMaster: 1 point

First of all, it should be updated as I'm now a host.

Pokemon Trivia hosted on Saturday at 8:30 (GMT-6)
Results
Number of Questions: 28
BunnyMaster: 2
StevenSnype: 14
LinIsKorean: 7
The_Angry_Scientist: 5

Trivia hosted by Jolteon17 at ~ 9:00 Central
70 Question
Vader:1
Zap:2
Justinawe:11
coolking49:2
Rolfkip:11
Jibaku:25
StevenSnype:9
Fireburn:13
Last question worth 5

Trivia hosted by Justinawe around 9 PM PST
20 Questions

Joshe: 5
Breloom: 8
Zap: 7

Trivia hosted by Justinawe around 1:45 PM PST
10 Questions

Tito: 1
Bobtheball4: 7
Vaz: 1
Philip7086: 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)