Pokemon Unfit for UU Analyses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second whoever suggested adding Accelgor.
Accelgor gets U-turn, Yawn, and Encore, which are moves that neither Deoxys-D or Froslass gets (iirc). I wouldn't say he's outclassed, he just plays differently. He's super fast too, so if you are in a situation where he isn't going to be able to spike, you can easily zip out of there with U-turn with your Sash still intact.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, people need to stop posting about really gimmicky crap. I haven't even seen most of the Pokemon people are suggesting now in play. Luxray? Hitmonlee?

Seriously people-- if it's not even a very common poke in UU, hold off on it for now. If you actually play this game, you should know whether the Pokemon you are suggesting is relatively common or not.

I don't think all of the Rotom formes should be on the priority list; the only common ones I have seen have been the oven, the fridge, and the normal form. The lawnmower and the fan don't seem important enough to be given priority.

Krookodile is one bad mother, and I don't mean it performs poorly in battle or neglects its children. After peaking somewhere in the 1200s on an alt in only a few matches shortly before the ladder was reset, my eyes were opened to the clean-up prowess of this Intimidation Pokémon. It was the key glue for the stall team that I was running, and I can honestly say that without Krook' on my team, those victories would not of been as easy. Choice Scarf Moxie is definitely the superior set on this Pokémon, and in my opinion it's the only set it needs. Now before you shoot it down claiming Honchkrow does it better, keep in mind three things.

1. Greater speed: Definitely what sets Honchkrow and Krookodile apart. With a Choice Scarf and an Adamant nature, Krookodile reaches 424 speed. Even with a Jolly nature Honchkrow can't come close to matching this, and having to forfeit an Adamant nature puts Krookodile ahead in terms of attack. Honchkrow may have priority in Sucker Punch, but seeing as that's not the type of move you want to be locked into, it's best to forgo a Choice Scarf set and opt for Life Orb.

2. Neutral coverage in only 3 moves/more effective dual-STAB (versus Moxie Honchkrow) : With the option of having Earthquake, Crunch, and Stone Edge in it's arsenal, Krook' has 'Krow beat in the coverage department quite easily. The Dark/Ground-type Pokémon gets impressive coverage enough with it's two STAB moves, resisted only by a few Pokémon such as Honchkrow, ironically enough. With Stone Edge to compliment the move set it hits 10/17 types Super Effectively, and gets neutral damage on the entire tier. It even has access to a few other moves like Fire Fang and Thunder Fang, but those shouldn't be considered unless you're trying to exploit a 4x weakness of a Pokémon your team has trouble with. On the opposite side sits Honchkrow, who with Moxie only has 4 offensive moves worth considering, all STAB. Brave Bird, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and Night Slash. Quite plainly walled to infinity by any Steel-type, or any 'Mon that can resist Brave Bird and be smart about predicting Sucker Punch.

3. Greater bulk/separate resistances & immunity: Krookodile has 1 more resistance than Honchkrow, but 2 more weaknesses. Notably, 3 weaknesses to the 3 most common types of priority in UU. Nevertheless, Krookodile tries to make up for it with an Electric-immunity and resistance to Stealth Rock, which is why either Honchkrow or Krookodile should be considered as the glue of a stall team depending on what the team needs help coping with. Last but not least, Krookodile possesses somewhat-significantly more bulk. Heck, it even has Intimidate and Dragon Tail if you want to try tanking with it, but I believe it's the Moxie set that deserves it inclusion in the priority list.

In conclusion, Krookodile offers a unique role and offensive-typing that should be taken into account as an underrated threat. Underrated, but not undeserving.

Edit: How can you say "no" to a crocodile that eats cars? Cited from: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Krookodile).

Luxray - No. Even Electivire > Luxray

Cottonee - imo Jumpluff > Cottonee, and I don't have Jumpluff on the priority list. Cottonee to me just seems too gimmicky, and while I don't doubt it can be effective, I haven't seen one used to success thus far. So, I'll hold off on it. Also Celebi happens to completely wreck Cottonee.
It functions exactly the same as Whismicott in OU, and ferrothorns run around up there. The only diference is more defenes, but less leftovers recovery, which takes a few turns to matter anyway. The main problem is passive hail and sandstorm damage, which is meh in UU. Overall I don't see why it couldn't work in UU, more people just have to use it.

breh

強いだね
Cottonee is bad for the same reason Whimsicott is bad.

Neither can hurt Grass-types.

This goes double for Shaymin, Celebi, and Roserade (I.E. arguably the only important grass-types you'll see bar the irrelevant abomasnow) - it cannot permanently paralyze them either.

I wouldn't exactly say that Whimsicott is bad :/

but yeah, Cottonee kinda sucks since it doesn't get leftovers. Plus, Murkrow is better at Mischievous Heart anyway. See also: Jumpluff, which is obscenely fast even without sun, has pretty much the same move pool as Cottonee and gets Sleep Powder as well.

Dare I mention my favourite Pokemon, Shuckle? Dare I did mention, it might be gimmicky but it works. None the less, I don't think it should be on the priority list but maybe later?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Back on the topic of Cofagrigus, I used one in a stall team as a hazer/spin blocker and it did exceptionally well (ask Chou). That doesn't necessarily mean that just because one person did well with it that it should be put straight on the priority list but I do think it should be reconsidered.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I'm personally more impressed by Cofagrigus than Dusknoir/clops... It just hits harder than either of them (no such thing as physical Ghost STAB).

At Cottonee and Shuckle-- sorry no.

Yeah sorry everyone but gonna suggest another NFE.

Zweilous smashing a team
Battle between Lii93 and SafetyBean started!

Tier: Wifi UU
Variation: +33, -27
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Lii93: rhyp espe misma blast accel saws
SafetyBean sent out Rhyperior!
Lii93 sent out Slowbro!

Start of turn 1
SafetyBean called Rhyperior back!
SafetyBean sent out Sawsbuck! (Sawsbuck-Autumn)

Slowbro used Trick Room!
Slowbro twisted the dimensions!

Start of turn 2
Lii93 called Slowbro back!
Lii93 sent out Zweilous!

The foe's Sawsbuck used Horn Leech!
It's not very effective...
Zweilous lost 84 HP! (24% of its health)
Zweilous had its energy drained!

Start of turn 3
SafetyBean called Sawsbuck back!
SafetyBean sent out Rhyperior!

Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Rhyperior lost 79% of its health!

The foe's Rhyperior restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 4
Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Rhyperior lost 26% of its health!
The foe's Rhyperior fainted!

SafetyBean sent out Accelgor!

Start of turn 5
Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Accelgor lost 99% of its health!
The foe's Accelgor hung on using its Focus Sash!

The foe's Accelgor used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Lii93's team!

Zweilous calmed down!
Zweilous became confused!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Start of turn 6
Lii93 called Zweilous back!
Lii93 sent out Cofagrigus!
Cofagrigus is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Accelgor used U-turn!
Cofagrigus lost 28 HP! (8% of its health)
The foe's Accelgor's ability became Mummy!
SafetyBean called Accelgor back!
SafetyBean sent out Mismagius!

Cofagrigus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7
The foe's Mismagius used Nasty Plot!
The foe's Mismagius's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

Cofagrigus used Trick Room!
Cofagrigus twisted the dimensions!

Cofagrigus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8
Cofagrigus used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
The foe's Mismagius lost 85% of its health!
The foe's Mismagius's Sp. Def. fell!

The foe's Mismagius used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
Cofagrigus lost 292 HP! (91% of its health)
Cofagrigus fainted!

Lii93 sent out Zweilous!
Zweilous is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 9
Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Mismagius lost 14% of its health!
The foe's Mismagius fainted!

SafetyBean sent out Blastoise!

Start of turn 10
Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Blastoise lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Blastoise fainted!

SafetyBean sent out Sawsbuck! (Sawsbuck-Autumn)

Start of turn 11
Zweilous used Outrage!
The foe's Sawsbuck lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Sawsbuck fainted!

Zweilous calmed down!
Zweilous became confused!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Lii93: ZWEILOUS SWEEP

Start of turn 12
Lii93 called Zweilous back!
Lii93 sent out Escavalier!
Escavalier is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Accelgor used Bug Buzz!
Escavalier lost 66 HP! (19% of its health)

Escavalier restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 13
SafetyBean called Accelgor back!
SafetyBean sent out Espeon!

Escavalier used Iron Head!
The foe's Espeon lost 96% of its health!

Escavalier restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 14
The foe's Espeon used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
Escavalier lost 277 HP! (80% of its health)
Escavalier fainted!

Lii93 sent out Duosion!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Espeon used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised SafetyBean's team special defense!

Duosion used Trick Room!
Duosion twisted the dimensions!

Start of turn 16
Duosion used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
The foe's Espeon lost 3% of its health!
The foe's Espeon fainted!

Start of turn 17
Duosion used Psyshock!
The foe's Accelgor lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Accelgor fainted!

Lii93 won the battle!

Err yeah. As you can see CB Zweilous is an absolute monster, with or without Trick Room. With Hustle, he's stronger than Haxorus, and as you can see, he dealt 79% to a Rhyperior and OHKOed a Blastoise WITHOUT hazards. He's basically the only UU pokemon which can throw Outrages around silly with no setup, and with max HP investment he isn't that frail, he can switch into resisted hits and Psychic attacks.

So yeah, Zweilous is a monster. Please give him a chance...

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Cofagrigus - Eh, while I don't doubt he can be used to good effect, I see no reason to use him over Spiritomb tbh. I guess if someone else could put in more input on him he can be put on the priority list. Plus it's not like he won't get an analysis ever either.

Zweilous - No. While I know his power is kind of insane, he also has crap accuracy on everything and is slow as hell. He's usually more of a liability than anything, and if I were to choose a Hustle Pokemon, I would always always choose Durant over Zweilous. He'll get an analysis too eventually though.

The reason for using Cofagrigus over spiritomb is nasty plot. The reason to use it over mismagius is MUCH better bulk in order to set up. I personally run TR nasty plot (with Shadow Ball and HP Fighting) and it is very effective.

breh

強いだね
Spiritomb gets NP as well.

Arguably, the difference is stat-based. Literally every single one of Cof's stats are higher bar SpD... which is 3 points off. I'd argue that that extra defence is what allows it to shine over Spiritomb.

Also spiritomb has no bloody resistances at all; damn near everything hits it neutral bar a few types.

The reason for using Cofagrigus over spiritomb is nasty plot. The reason to use it over mismagius is MUCH better bulk in order to set up. I personally run TR nasty plot (with Shadow Ball and HP Fighting) and it is very effective.
If its anything like Trick Room Nasty Plot Slowking then its /very/ effective. Whilst it gets walled by Chansey due to lacking Psyshock it gets great Ghost / Fighting coverage and has much better bulk and defensive typing than Slowking. My only concern is that it'd lack power in comparison.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
First off, Cofagrigus is far superior to Dusknoir.
58/145/105 Defenses are absurdly good, especially compared to Spiritomb's 50/108/108. Resistance to Bug also makes him a perfect Heracross counter. He pulls off Calm Mind better than Spiritomb imo thanks to better Defense, and to top it all off has an OU analysis. I think it deserves a set.

The following four Pokemon deserve a UU analysis for their unique niches and effectiveness in the UU metagame.

Sceptile
Mandibuzz
Ninjask
Poliwrath

Sceptile has blazing fast speed, and above average Special Attack, can wreck shit up with STAB Leaf Storm, run an ok SubSeed set, and has a wide movepool both physical and special. It also gets Swords Dance. It can even be used in OU, and has several advantages over Shaymin and Celebi, most notably higher offensive stats (except attack which can be remedied with Swords Dance) and considerably higher Speed which allows it to kill things they wouldn't be able to without a Choice Scarf.

Mandibuzz is bulky as shit and can wall the majority of UU with the exception of things like Zapdos with super effective STAB attacks. It can Toxic stall, and already has an OU analysis so it should have a UU analysis as well. Also immune to weather with Overcoat, great for stall teams.

Ok, how the hell does Ninjask not have a UU analysis?? It has been the staple of Baton Pass teams forever, and now with SmashPass running rampant, Ninjask only aids that strategy. I shouldn't even need to explain this one. And again, it also has an OU analysis, although I'll try not to make that the basis of my arguments lol...

Ok, so Poliwrath is a funny one, but I actually think it's worth a shot. It has access to Circle Throw and can effectively run a RestTalk set with Circle Throw and Toxic or something and phaze the hell out of annoying set up sweepers. Poliwrath can be quite bulky and has good defensive typing, resisting Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. It also gets Swift Swim from the Dream World but this is rather pointless as its offensive stats are subpar. Also, Water Absorb is good for stalling. Some sets that can be run also include a Bulk Up set, etc.

So here are my arguments for these four, hopefully they can get what they rightfully deserve, a UU analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)