Pokemon v2 - A Second Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are the v2 tiers?
Pokemon v2 is a simple idea with a noble cause; take the Pokemon that need some help and give it to them. In Pokemon v2 many modifications have been made to your favorite Pokemon throughout all of the tiers and generations so that they could stand out from the crowd or fill a role that they couldn't before. Things like retypings, stat changes, and movepool additions all come together to shake up the common, rutted threats that have come to exist. The Pokemon v2 project has long been just an idea, so only recently has it manifested itself as something we can enjoy together. Starting out as a way to improve the NU tier, NUv2 is naturally the first place we went when we got the chance to make our ideas a reality.

Pokemon v2 is a work in progress
As mentioned above, the v2 tiers haven't been a real thing for long. As of now, only the NU tier has been implemented for play, and even then only 20 Pokemon in it are completely done and modified. However, more ideas are on the way and you are free to use the unmodded rest of the NU tier! Our coders have worked long and hard to get us this far, and will continue to work until the project is everything we want it to be. Don't let the fact that we're still working be a deterrant! The server has only been up for a couple of days, and at this point is nothing more than some friends committed to a metagame. Things will rapidly change and improve, and anyone is welcome along for the ride. We would love if you'd come check us out, play a few battles, and enjoy our company.

Closing
I hope our metagame has attracted the attention of some of you, and look forward to seeing you on the server soon! Between Oiawesome, DreMZ, Nollan101, and myself, someone will almost always be online to help you with anything you need and have at least a few battles with you. Finally, as a community project, feedback is seriously appreciated. Anything that leads to an improvement is valuable. Have fun, and enjoy Pokemon v2!

Links
Our Pokemon v2 server is here!
http://98.238.188.157.psim.us/
The Pokemon v2 changelog is here!
http://pastebin.com/nYATrhY0

Progression
NUv2- 25%(coded and up)
The rest- 9%(not coded yet)

Credits
Modification Ideas:Oiawesome, Magalor, Jewzilla, Nollan101, DreMZ and more people
Coding: OIawesome, Nollan101, and PokermansCoach
Server: DreMZ and Oiawesome
Banner of V2 Tiers: Oiawesome
Original Idea Inventors :Jhon(No smogon account availible) and Oiawesome

canno

formerly The Reptile
Let's talk Fighting-types for a second.
In standard OU, out main offensive Fighting-types are Sawk and the brand new Primape. In NUv2, we got Simisage, who is now Grass / Fighting. This adds some competition between the three.
SAWK
While Sawk has his amazing 120 Attack (which is the highest of the 3), he is also the slowest (85 speed). He also has Mold Breaker, which lets him break through Sturdymon like Probopass. Sturdy is also an option, but Mold Breaker is usually better, mainly because of hazards (especially now with Scolipede running around). I think in NUv2, Sawk will most likely still use his Choice Band sets, although Scarf sets have some viability as well.
PRIMAPE
Primape now hangs out in NU, which means it is usable in NUv2. Primape has the same attack as Simisage (105). However, Primape only has base 95 Speed, while Sage has base 100. However, Primape has access to 2 moves that make it different from the others - U-Turn and Punishment. U-Turn lets it keep momentum and completely wreck Serperior (now that it's 4x weak to bug), while Punishment lets it take out any Calm Minders (such as Musharna and Girafarig) or other boosters weak to Dark. It also has Vital Spirit, which makes it immune to sleep moves. His best set is probably a Choice Scarf set.
SIMISAGE
Simisage is cool because it has a secondary Grass-type, giving it a second STAB to hit Ghost-types for neutral (Or in Frillish's case, Super Effective). Simisage is also the fastest out of the three, sitting at 100 base speed. Not only that, but Simisage has pseudo sleep immunity with Sap Sipper and better coverage than the others. It's type lets it fit in a FWG core, however, it makes him weak to Ice Shard from Poliswine, something it doesn't share with the others. I think a LO set is best for Simi to abuse his better coverage moves.

My thoughts on the tier is that it's pretty neat, I will definitely be playing more of this later on (btw, if you can't tell, I'm DreMZ :P)

This meta is actually a massive improvement over last time I helped, so good job, nice surprise seeing that. However, while you are trying to avert some of the problems that Arizona made in his "Pet Mods and Fragmentation" thread (namely trying to install a community by taking note of other peoples suggestions) it still lacks a sort of "Identity" as you could call it. Who knows, maybe it will get it's own identity while we are making it, but for the moment, it is something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)