1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokemon VGC 2012 European Dates/Venues Announced!

Discussion in 'VGC' started by gec, Dec 15, 2011.

1. gec

gec i've been crawling through the falling
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Source: Official Nintendo Magazine UK and PokemonVGC

Here are the Pokemon Video Game National Championships European dates:

United Kingdom
    Date: Saturday 3rd March
    National Exhibition Centre
    Hall 11
    Birmingham
    B40 1NT
    T: +44 (0) 121 780 4141

Germany
    Date: Saturday 10th March
    MESSE ESSEN
    Messeeingang Süd, Halle 1A
    Norbertstr. 2
    45131 Essen
    Phone: +49.(0)201.7244.0

France
    Date: Saturday 17th March
    Espace Champerret
    Hall C
    6 rue Jean Oestreicher
    Porte de Champerret
    75017 Paris
    Téléphone : +33 (0)1.40.68.22.22

Spain
    Date: Saturday 24th March
    IFEMA
    Pabellón 5
    Feria de Madrid
    28042 Madrid
    Tel.: +34 902 22 15 15

Italy
    Date: Sunday 1st April
    CENTRO CONGRESSI MILANOFIORI
    Strada 1 – Milanofiori
    20090 ASSAGO (MI)
    Tel. +39 02 82221

Note, regional threads will open closer to the date.
  2. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't Hit WoW

Wow, they're taking place pretty early this year! Good luck to all my European friends competing in March :)
  3. Matty85

Matty85

Yeah...I heard some rumors about the anticipation of European National Championships, but didn't expect so early!
    Italy is the last event lol, surely there will be a lot of people who failed to qualify in other countries.
  4. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

So, forgive my ignorance, but do you have to register to take part - or is it a turn up and play thing?
  5. Fantom0

Fantom0

Turn up and play, I believe. That's what is has always been!
    Anyway, I knew it would be early, but this is something else. And so close to the London tournament, too!
  6. RubeNCB92

RubeNCB92

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, confirm top 4 go to hawaii :P , IT'S EASY¡¡¡¡
  7. myishmael

myishmael

Good luck to everyone in Europe! Just a quick question: are there any more details than the dates and locations announced? I was wondering if the Nationals were region locked to Americans the way the U.S. and Canadian Nationals locked down to only North American citizens this year.
  8. keelhauled

keelhauled

9. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, very early this year in comparison with the last three. I have quite a few issues this time, but I'm hoping to make at least the United Kingdom National for the fourth year in a row.

I have a new job, so I'm going to have to try and book my holidays for early March and mid-August (just in case). I really hope I can get the time off, it shouldn't be too short notice if I try to book them off this year but it's still cutting it rather close. The dates I need could not even be available now, which would suck a lot.

The early start for Masters basically means: 'Go the day before and stay over in a hotel, or you're not getting in'. Which is both good and bad. I hate early mornings, but it should probably cut down the number of people that show up.

450 players? That could mean swiss + top cut rather than single elimination?

I would have gone to France if it was the weekend after UK and I could get them both off work, but it looks like I'll be limited to UK this year again. Hope to see most of the guys I know there if I make it!
  10. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I don't wanna get up that early screw vgc
  11. gec

gec i've been crawling through the falling

Don't worry Kinneas if tab snores like he did last year we may not even get to bed at all to be honest so....
  12. Dozz

Dozz Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Awh man. 4-8 don't get invites anymore? There goes my way in aha.

Nice to see they've changed the prizes a bit though, we did all bitch that 3-4 can't go due to raw cost, I'm impressed they've listened and changed it. Fuck getting up early though as they've changed the slot for us.

I'm guessing so, as that became the standard at US regionals, and that number doesnt lend itself to single elimination without byes. WIll be nice that everyons guaranteed a certain number of games.
  13. Plusle

Plusle

I like the travel awards for top 4. Also I hope it is swiss
  14. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

I see they did the top4 only get invites. It should've still had t8 with t4 getting trips. That way People that make t5-8 can go2 Worlds by their own way, without LCQ. Meh you can't have both I guess.

Well its cool how the Last Europe event is so close to the april regionals here in the U.S. Good Luck to all European competitors.
  15. CriCri95

CriCri95

In for France.
  16. B-Lulz

B-Lulz You ain't gotta love it 'cos the hood gone love it
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

doubt ill make it, ill try but honestly it doesn't look like its gonna happen :(
  17. Maestro Arena

Maestro Arena

Ruben, Albert and Deku have plans to go to both Madrid, Paris, Milan, Essen and Birmingham (yup, they have planned to go to Germany National tournament too).

Prepare to see the Habaks in all 5 European tournaments!
  18. drug_duck

drug_duck

hell yeah all my whiny bitching in august paid off, t4 trips is really all i ever wanted =D
    also I suppose its gonna be swiss w/o top cut but as we already said that doesnt matter, you still mustnt screw up anyway. man im so hyped for this shit also gj they also announced it quite early compared to the last few years so one can actually afford to travel :)

so i guess im in for paris and essen, me alegro de ir a conocer a los españoles que van a ir a paris tmb jajajajaajaajjjj.

see you in hawaii fuckers =D
  19. twash

twash
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

nononononono :(

I planned on going to this year's UK VGC the day before anyway, but that early start pretty much forces it. Sucks but oh well, at least the top four get travel awards.
  20. Massi

Massi

Actually Anthony Cornish listened to what I asked him to change <3 Thanks a lot!
    Essen is one of the best spots for me as it's only 30 minutes away from me =D
    Maybe I'm also in for Paris/Mailand, we'll see ;)
  21. Sapphire Birch

Sapphire Birch
    is a Past SPL Winner

Kinneas and gec better win so I can see them at worlds.

:D
  22. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

So registration opens at 08:00... what kind of time would be sensible to aim to get there to ensure a spot? How early before the doors do people tend to wait in queue?
  23. -Dragon9

-Dragon9

You serious? :O I need my VGC buddy to hang with.
  24. 13Random37

13Random37

cool stuff, see you in hawaii THIS TIME FOR REAL :D
  25. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If I don't see your punk asses in Hawaii I will be very angry.

Especially you gec. I plan check in an extra piece of luggage so I can bring you Tim Hortons French Vanilla.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)