Pokemon VGC 2012 European Dates/Venues Announced!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Source: Official Nintendo Magazine UK and PokemonVGC

Here are the Pokemon Video Game National Championships European dates:

United Kingdom
Date: Saturday 3rd March
National Exhibition Centre
Hall 11
Birmingham
B40 1NT
T: +44 (0) 121 780 4141

Germany
Date: Saturday 10th March
MESSE ESSEN
Messeeingang Süd, Halle 1A
Norbertstr. 2
45131 Essen
Phone: +49.(0)201.7244.0

France
Date: Saturday 17th March
Espace Champerret
Hall C
6 rue Jean Oestreicher
Porte de Champerret
75017 Paris
Téléphone : +33 (0)1.40.68.22.22

Spain
Date: Saturday 24th March
IFEMA
Pabellón 5
Feria de Madrid
28042 Madrid
Tel.: +34 902 22 15 15

Italy
Date: Sunday 1st April
CENTRO CONGRESSI MILANOFIORI
Strada 1 – Milanofiori
20090 ASSAGO (MI)
Tel. +39 02 82221

Note, regional threads will open closer to the date.

Yeah...I heard some rumors about the anticipation of European National Championships, but didn't expect so early!
Italy is the last event lol, surely there will be a lot of people who failed to qualify in other countries.

Turn up and play, I believe. That's what is has always been!
Anyway, I knew it would be early, but this is something else. And so close to the London tournament, too!

Good luck to everyone in Europe! Just a quick question: are there any more details than the dates and locations announced? I was wondering if the Nationals were region locked to Americans the way the U.S. and Canadian Nationals locked down to only North American citizens this year.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, very early this year in comparison with the last three. I have quite a few issues this time, but I'm hoping to make at least the United Kingdom National for the fourth year in a row.

I have a new job, so I'm going to have to try and book my holidays for early March and mid-August (just in case). I really hope I can get the time off, it shouldn't be too short notice if I try to book them off this year but it's still cutting it rather close. The dates I need could not even be available now, which would suck a lot.

The early start for Masters basically means: 'Go the day before and stay over in a hotel, or you're not getting in'. Which is both good and bad. I hate early mornings, but it should probably cut down the number of people that show up.

450 players? That could mean swiss + top cut rather than single elimination?

I would have gone to France if it was the weekend after UK and I could get them both off work, but it looks like I'll be limited to UK this year again. Hope to see most of the guys I know there if I make it!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Don't worry Kinneas if tab snores like he did last year we may not even get to bed at all to be honest so....

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Awh man. 4-8 don't get invites anymore? There goes my way in aha.

Nice to see they've changed the prizes a bit though, we did all bitch that 3-4 can't go due to raw cost, I'm impressed they've listened and changed it. Fuck getting up early though as they've changed the slot for us.

450 players? That could mean swiss + top cut rather than single elimination?
I'm guessing so, as that became the standard at US regionals, and that number doesnt lend itself to single elimination without byes. WIll be nice that everyons guaranteed a certain number of games.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I see they did the top4 only get invites. It should've still had t8 with t4 getting trips. That way People that make t5-8 can go2 Worlds by their own way, without LCQ. Meh you can't have both I guess.

Well its cool how the Last Europe event is so close to the april regionals here in the U.S. Good Luck to all European competitors.

Ruben, Albert and Deku have plans to go to both Madrid, Paris, Milan, Essen and Birmingham (yup, they have planned to go to Germany National tournament too).

Prepare to see the Habaks in all 5 European tournaments!

hell yeah all my whiny bitching in august paid off, t4 trips is really all i ever wanted =D
also I suppose its gonna be swiss w/o top cut but as we already said that doesnt matter, you still mustnt screw up anyway. man im so hyped for this shit also gj they also announced it quite early compared to the last few years so one can actually afford to travel :)

so i guess im in for paris and essen, me alegro de ir a conocer a los españoles que van a ir a paris tmb jajajajaajaajjjj.

see you in hawaii fuckers =D

doubt ill make it, ill try but honestly it doesn't look like its gonna happen :(
nononononono :(

I planned on going to this year's UK VGC the day before anyway, but that early start pretty much forces it. Sucks but oh well, at least the top four get travel awards.

Actually Anthony Cornish listened to what I asked him to change <3 Thanks a lot!
Essen is one of the best spots for me as it's only 30 minutes away from me =D
Maybe I'm also in for Paris/Mailand, we'll see ;)

So registration opens at 08:00... what kind of time would be sensible to aim to get there to ensure a spot? How early before the doors do people tend to wait in queue?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, very early this year in comparison with the last three. I have quite a few issues this time, but I'm hoping to make at least the United Kingdom National for the fourth year in a row.
I don't wanna get up that early screw vgc
Don't worry Kinneas if tab snores like he did last year we may not even get to bed at all to be honest so....
Awh man. 4-8 don't get invites anymore? There goes my way in aha.
If I don't see your punk asses in Hawaii I will be very angry.

Especially you gec. I plan check in an extra piece of luggage so I can bring you Tim Hortons French Vanilla.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)