1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon VGC Phoenix Story

Discussion in 'Warstory Archive' started by makiri, May 25, 2009.

1. Malfunction

Malfunction

This was a really good read. Congrats on your win, Zerowing!
  2. DJ Forte

DJ Forte

good job, so there are a lot of TR teams?
  3. Voltron

Voltron

Great job and congrats Zerowing. Reading this really makes me want to go to one of them. Unfortunately St. Louis is the closest (8 hours) and my chances of getting picked would probably be pretty slim. Anyway good luck at St Louis and btw nice L4D nicknames.
  4. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Hey zerowing,

I just uploaded a few pics to Facebook and in my first post. Think you could put a link to it in your first post, or move it upwards so it's the first reply?
  5. Wes

Wes

Awesome read, thanks
    good luck in the next round in St Louis
  6. SeiferA

SeiferA

Nice war story. Just a quick question though: Do you ever get a chance to even check out your opponent's team before a battle?
  7. Diesel

Diesel

Congrats on a great victory and great war story. See you in St. Louis.
  8. wolfgang.amadeus

wolfgang.amadeus

lol, I got laughed at when I played a team like this. ;o;

& also LOL@L4D nicknames. ^^;

Nice one zerowing, you pro. :D
  9. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

man paul... i'm just thinking of what it would've been like had you been wearing the super kings shirt!

congrats bud :D
  10. TempestJG

TempestJG

That's me alright.
  11. TempestJG

TempestJG

no. you go into the Colosseum, take your side, and it asks you to choose 4 Pokemon. you don't get to see your opponent's team before the match.
  12. TheMantyke

TheMantyke DISRESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Congratulations Zerowing!

On an unrelated note, where did Justin get the Gengar shirt? That is probably the coolest T-shirt I have ever seen.
  13. Team Rocket Elite

Team Rocket Elite Data Integration Thought Entity
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Since the cam recorded one was incomplete, I uploaded the video of the Phoenix Senior Final onto Youtube from the Platinum video no zerowing gave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7_KvrisxjY

Regarding the Gengar in the finals. It was probably hard to notice, but it lost life after attacking on Turn 1 so it had a Life Orb.
  14. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Paul Hornack you're my hero!
  15. omni

omni
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Congrats Paul man for the win. And I cannot thank you enough for organizing the trip either. It was an experience to see a different world in both San Bernardino and Arizona.

And for anybody else interested in Arizona, I can tell you one thing. It has one of the most beautiful deserts I have ever seen. Literally after the state line, cacti and actual desert bushes were seen everywhere. California's Death Valley lives up to its name. Phoenix was a quiet little town for that weekend, but still was as hospitable. It was a great start to the summer and it would be amazing to hear about people go for it all in St. Louis. I wouldn't have it any other way.

And I'll see if Justin would want to join Smogon in case he's still interested in next year's events. He has the energy and charisma to definitely play. He will singlehandedly bring Golbat back into the playing field.
  16. Bad Ass

Bad Ass bring me coffee or tea
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a GS2 Winner

ipl looks so badass. on another note, great job zerowing! you are now like jesus to me. i shall build a shrine!
  17. goofball

goofball
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 4 Champion

zerowang won at pkmn xDDD

congrats man!! :D
  18. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Good job man, way to take one for Smogon!
  19. FrenzyB3ar

FrenzyB3ar

Congratulations :)
  20. macle

macle ribbit
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Congrats dude.
  21. viperGTS

viperGTS

Congrats! haha i was their but i didnt bother to watch the battles. but now i wish i could've....
    But anyways, congratulations!
  22. Magic Umbreon

Magic Umbreon

Re: Peterko, my reasoning is based on the values I entered into Serebii's IV/Stat calculator, I question the numbers you provided. All I know is every block of 8 raised it 1, and adding 4 caused no change!

L50 Timid Abomasnow 31IV:
    232 EVs = 119
    236 EVs = 121
    240 EVs = 121
    244 EVs = 122
    248 EVs = 122

236 is correct for Abomasnow, however the numbers show it goes up in blobks of 8 not 4.

It doesn't matter, because zerowing was victorious, but I don't like to be told I'm wrong when I'm not.
  23. BlueCookies

BlueCookies April Fools 2009 Participant
    is a VGC 2012 Masters World Champion

That's because you are wrong. Assuming he has 31 ivs 252 evs and 4 evs do not waste a stat point. As shown by your calculations, there is no difference between 244 and 248 evs, meaning with 252 evs the stat will increase. If you don't believe Peterko, play around with shoddy's team builder or metalkid's stat calc and you will see that zerowing did not waste any evs.

Anyway, congrats on the win zerowing! Good luck in St. Louis and hopefully you'll have a chance to get revenge on the japanese in California.
  24. NestW

NestW

Great story congrats zero! Also something's been bothering me;if you get zapdos at lvl 50(correct?) how do you ev it if it has to lvl up for the points to be cashed in? Or is it possible to get it lower leveled? Im just wondering because I wanted to use one of the pixie bros but you get them at 50 so the same problem is there. Sorry if its a simple question.
    EDIT: Thats amazing...thanks donut.Much apologies.Still congratz. I love everything about this team!
  25. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

EV train as normal, deposit Zapdos into your PC, withdraw, stats are recalculated using the new EVs.

Keep it in the simple questions thread - that's what it's for.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)