Pokemon VGC Phoenix Story

Great job and congrats Zerowing. Reading this really makes me want to go to one of them. Unfortunately St. Louis is the closest (8 hours) and my chances of getting picked would probably be pretty slim. Anyway good luck at St Louis and btw nice L4D nicknames.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey zerowing,

I just uploaded a few pics to Facebook and in my first post. Think you could put a link to it in your first post, or move it upwards so it's the first reply?

Nice war story. Just a quick question though: Do you ever get a chance to even check out your opponent's team before a battle?

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
man paul... i'm just thinking of what it would've been like had you been wearing the super kings shirt!

congrats bud :D

Nice war story. Just a quick question though: Do you ever get a chance to even check out your opponent's team before a battle?
no. you go into the Colosseum, take your side, and it asks you to choose 4 Pokemon. you don't get to see your opponent's team before the match.

Congratulations Zerowing!

On an unrelated note, where did Justin get the Gengar shirt? That is probably the coolest T-shirt I have ever seen.

Congrats Paul man for the win. And I cannot thank you enough for organizing the trip either. It was an experience to see a different world in both San Bernardino and Arizona.

And for anybody else interested in Arizona, I can tell you one thing. It has one of the most beautiful deserts I have ever seen. Literally after the state line, cacti and actual desert bushes were seen everywhere. California's Death Valley lives up to its name. Phoenix was a quiet little town for that weekend, but still was as hospitable. It was a great start to the summer and it would be amazing to hear about people go for it all in St. Louis. I wouldn't have it any other way.

And I'll see if Justin would want to join Smogon in case he's still interested in next year's events. He has the energy and charisma to definitely play. He will singlehandedly bring Golbat back into the playing field.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ipl looks so badass. on another note, great job zerowing! you are now like jesus to me. i shall build a shrine!

Congrats! haha i was their but i didnt bother to watch the battles. but now i wish i could've....
But anyways, congratulations!

Re: Peterko, my reasoning is based on the values I entered into Serebii's IV/Stat calculator, I question the numbers you provided. All I know is every block of 8 raised it 1, and adding 4 caused no change!

L50 Timid Abomasnow 31IV:
232 EVs = 119
236 EVs = 121
240 EVs = 121
244 EVs = 122
248 EVs = 122

236 is correct for Abomasnow, however the numbers show it goes up in blobks of 8 not 4.

It doesn't matter, because zerowing was victorious, but I don't like to be told I'm wrong when I'm not.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Awesome team, awesome victory. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it amazes me someone of your calibre could do their EVs so wrong. 8 = 1 stat point at L50, and your spreads are 252/252/4 and spread 4s with Metagross which wastes EVs!
Re: Peterko, my reasoning is based on the values I entered into Serebii's IV/Stat calculator, I question the numbers you provided. All I know is every block of 8 raised it 1, and adding 4 caused no change!

L50 Timid Abomasnow 31IV:
232 EVs = 119
236 EVs = 121
240 EVs = 121
244 EVs = 122
248 EVs = 122

236 is correct for Abomasnow, however the numbers show it goes up in blobks of 8 not 4.

It doesn't matter, because zerowing was victorious, but I don't like to be told I'm wrong when I'm not.
That's because you are wrong. Assuming he has 31 ivs 252 evs and 4 evs do not waste a stat point. As shown by your calculations, there is no difference between 244 and 248 evs, meaning with 252 evs the stat will increase. If you don't believe Peterko, play around with shoddy's team builder or metalkid's stat calc and you will see that zerowing did not waste any evs.

Anyway, congrats on the win zerowing! Good luck in St. Louis and hopefully you'll have a chance to get revenge on the japanese in California.

Great story congrats zero! Also something's been bothering me;if you get zapdos at lvl 50(correct?) how do you ev it if it has to lvl up for the points to be cashed in? Or is it possible to get it lower leveled? Im just wondering because I wanted to use one of the pixie bros but you get them at 50 so the same problem is there. Sorry if its a simple question.
EDIT: Thats amazing...thanks donut.Much apologies.Still congratz. I love everything about this team!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Great story congrats zero! Also something's been bothering me;if you get zapdos at lvl 50(correct?) how do you ev it if it has to lvl up for the points to be cashed in? Or is it possible to get it lower leveled? Im just wondering because I wanted to use one of the pixie bros but you get them at 50 so the same problem is there. Sorry if its a simple question.
EV train as normal, deposit Zapdos into your PC, withdraw, stats are recalculated using the new EVs.

Keep it in the simple questions thread - that's what it's for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)