Pokemon VGC Phoenix Story

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Re: Peterko, my reasoning is based on the values I entered into Serebii's IV/Stat calculator, I question the numbers you provided. All I know is every block of 8 raised it 1, and adding 4 caused no change!

but I don't like to be told I'm wrong when I'm not.
I apologize for this discussion here zerowing, but I have to answer once more

you´re wrong in your assumption that at level 50, only 8 EVs raise a stat by one point, because this is simply not true (as shows the stat formula)

I won´t comment on you using serebii´s calculator because I haven´t used it and don´t know if it works correctly, but your example doesn´t prove anything

this is the simplest example that proves you´re wrong, again, in your assumption that there is a EVs/8 in the lv.50 formula:

neutral nature 31 speed IV metagross at level 100 without any speed EVs = 176 speed
neutral nature 31 speed IV metagross at level 100 with 4 speed EVs = 177 speed
neutral nature 31 speed IV metagross at level 50 without any speed EVs = 90 speed
neutral nature 31 speed IV metagross at level 50 with 4 speed EVs = 91 speed

yes after that each 8 EVs raise the stat by one stat point but that´s just because of how the formula works (in this case, odd IV plus odd result of EVs/4 divided by two)

simple neutral stat formula = (2 x A + B + C/4) x D/100 + 5
A -> base stat
B -> IV
C -> EVs
D -> current level

metagross base speed is 70, so

(2 x 70 + 31 + 0/4) x 100/100 + 5 = 176
(2 x 70 + 31 + 4/4) x 100/100 + 5 = 177
(2 x 70 + 31 + 0/4) x 50/100 + 5 = 90,5 = 90
(2 x 70 + 31 + 4/4) x 50/100 + 5 = 91

those are the calculations

if meta´s speed IV was 30 he would need 8 EVs to have 91 speed at lv.50 (140 + 30 + 2) ...so basically at lv.50 it is important to have 31 IVs on the stats you want to max out and also if the EV-less stats are flawless they can be raised by one point with just 4 EVs (as did zerowing with his metagross´ def, sp.def and speed)...if you don´t want to raise those at all, having 30 IV is the same as 31 IV at lv.50 (metagross 31 def with 0 EVs = 150 = metagross 30 def with 0 EVs at lv.50)

conclusion: yeah it seems that 8 EVs turn into 1 stat point at lv.50, but that is not always true

zerowing didn´t waste EVs

Cheers Peterko, I understand now. I apologise, and my pokémon are grateful for their corrected stats. I would have been going in with speed 1 lower than it should have been on all my pokémon!

I stopped playing a year ago and I have exams starting next week. But now I feel the urge to start playing again. I might have to uninstall shoddy battle lol. Awesome read and watch zerowing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)