PokeRealm vs Smogon II (Cancelled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorized by Justin. Same disclaimer as before, let's try to keep it on a civil level, etc. The last one actually ended pretty well without any hitches that I can remember. Let's keep it that way.

I think we did way too many per metagame last time and that forced PokeRealm to have players repeating 3-4 metagames, which some members on both sides didn't like. So we're going to cut down a little on this one, and include NU. It's a relatively serious metagame at PokeRealm, I don't know about here. If you guys can't get players, we can cut it out.

So select the needed number of players from the following list and try to have names ready by Wed, Oct 25th. 10 days should be enough.

After player lists are selected, I'll get with Justin and discuss how we should handle pairings. Maybe alternating selection or something like that.

5 RBY
5 GSC
3 RS NU
5 RS UU (pure uu, smogon tier list, no bl pokemon)
7 RS OU (full advance/xd, no pokemon bans except ubers, no move bans)
5 RS Ubers

General Rules

• DT/OHKO is banned.
  • PP Ups on unless both agree to having them off.
  • Sleep Clause, Battle Timeout, Freeze Clause and Self-KO Clause are all required.
  • You can only use one of the same Pokemon per team.
  • Any given player cannot participate in more than two metagames.
Metagame Specific Rules

RBY
  • Mew and Mewtwo are banned.
GSC
  • Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh and Celebi are banned.
  • Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Entei and Suicune cannot have the move 'Hidden Power'.
  • You cannot have Mean Look, Hypnosis and Perish Song in the same set.
RS NU
  • Since we're using Smogon's list for UU, we will be using PokeRealm's Tier List for NU. You cannot use any Pokemon not listed on the NU tier.
RS UU
  • Using Smogon's Tiers, you cannot use any Pokemon not listed in the NU or UU tier.
RS OU
  • Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, all forms of Deoxys, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are banned. Wobbuffet and Wynaut are not ubers but they are banned as well.
RS Ubers
  • All 389 Pokemon can be used.

Team Smogon:

RBY (5 spots):
JMC
Roy
Warthog
Fish
Lesm46

GSC (5 spots):
Veteran In Love
Sir Chris
Justin8649
Flameout
pokemaniac15

ADV NU (3 spots): This is added via persuasian from zfs. If he loses, everybody should remember to make fun of him at every chance :)
zfs
XiahouFig
Mekkah

ADV UU (5 spots):
Bugsy23
Jackal
Devilkid
Pocket
Lexay

ADV OU (7 spots):
Jumpman16
goofball
Giga Punch
chaos
Hipno
Holyknight
cloud

ADV Ubers (5 spots):
Obi
skarm
Groudon80
Aeolus
MoP

I'd like to do the pairings for this tournament. I always do pairings randomly. I don't like list orders or anything.

Also, another flaw in your rules:

Zero said:
5 RS OU (full advance/xd, no pokemon bans except ubers, no move bans)
Does this mean you want to play with Evasion and OHKO moves?

In general rules it says no dt/ohko overall, that still applies. I was referring to Smogon's HP ban when writing that rule.

Ah, I got that information through word of mouth but oh well whatever. You can rewrite the rules to be specific when brackets go up.

PokeRealm is starting to get its list together, should have most of it ready by Wednesday.

Also thanks zfs for pushing NU in.

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah, I got that information through word of mouth but oh well whatever. You can rewrite the rules to be specific when brackets go up.

PokeRealm is starting to get its list together, should have most of it ready by Wednesday.

Also thanks zfs for pushing NU in.
You won't be thanking me after I kick some PR ass. ^_^

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
me, TTS, and peter pan are forming our own team. we formally challenge team smogon. we will go through each player in each gen and destroy them all.

you have been warned.

I have been spurned by Smogon, I will join you!

EVERYBODY!
BLOOPERS ARE ATTACKING THE SERVER!
GET OUT NOW!

norulz

excellent
Isn't someone going to post the PR challengers? I can't wait to see them, they have no chance at winning.

Erm, imo it should be done when DP is out, but this should be entertaining. Go Team Smogon. also Aeo playing for smogon and cook for PR huh?

strangelove go to the pr forums nb general you'll see what they've got so far

Isn't someone going to post the PR challengers?
Preliminary list, most have been confirmed but some are unconfirmed. I have put husk in charge, I've got enough to do already.

pilocus is accepted for ubers over aftershock (who I haven't seen yet)

a few other changes have been made:

RBY:
Crisis
Mr. Maser
Bob
0mastar
Earthwalker3

GSC:
Council
SSBM roy
Bob
husk
- Blank Spot -

RS NU:
Revenge
Darkbolt
Aquadude/Cook

RS UU:
SSBM roy
earthwalker3
Somebody/ cook
Darkbolt
Slobroking

RS OU:
husk
Slobroking
Council
Task
sk
- blank spot -
- blank spot -

RS Ubers:
Pilocus
Tazzler
freaktron
Dragonator
Jebroni
I'm not sure why two players are listed in some areas, perhaps as backups if the other doesn't confirm.

dont know if this has been resolved already or what but is celebi going to be banned in RS OU
No.

I consider myself good/haxy at rby, so I volunteer to join team GreenPikachu and destroy you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)