Pokewood the Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I updated my post with Black Door and White Door's Movepools. White Door is pretty much useless but Black Door has some pretty interesting support options at its disposal.

My White 2 finally came in so when I get around to is I'll try out Pokewood myself and see what I can find about the rest of the Pseudo-Pokemon.

One use I thought of for Smeargle2 is to get around the species clause, as they're coding-wise different Pokemon with different dex numbers. What use having 2 Smeagles would be on one team I don't know but mabye someone will find a use for it.

Hrm, I see that this thread is almost dead, and it's because if we want to make a metagame out of these "new" pokemon, it will require a little elbow grease on the community's part. I think something similar to CAP could be really productive and informative, but in order to work it would need to be done on a pokemon by pokemon basis.
Okay, so the three main things we're missing right now for such a metagame are:
1. A server that would let us implement these monsters.
2. Backsprites for each of them.
and the big one
3. MOVEPOOLS

How do we go about constructing movepools for a bunch of type/ability combos with the exact same stats so that each of them has a unique niche? Is that even possible. I'm hijacking this thread into a discussion of the competitive and flavor aspects of making a movepool for Brycenman, the first of these monsters, in order to see if we as a community can come up with something interesting and unique for each of these. Unlike CAP though, I feel like first consideration in making these guys should be unique and flavorful movesets, with competitive balance an important second consideration especially if and when we tackle stuff like Dark Wonderguard Garbage Ghosts and Fighters with Focus Punch and 100 base huge power attack.

so without further ado
Pokestar #1: Brycenman

Dark/Psychic Type
Levitate Ability

Moves Known Ingame:
U-turn
Psychic
Night Shade
Ice Beam

Brycenman's typing is kind of a mixed bag offensively and defensively. It leaves him with a 4x weakness to bug, but otherwise he is neutral to most things and has two immunities, to Ground and Psychic. In addition, with the exception of Night Shade, all the moves he gets in game would be fairly competitive if he were to be put into the role of revenge killer/scout. U-turn is of course invaluable for such purposes, and Ice Beam, asides from fitting in with Bryce's role as an Ice-type gym leader, gives him some of the best super effective coverage in the game.
Please respond to this post with moves/combos you think Brycenman should/shouldn't get, as well as perhaps your own idea of a level up/tutor/tm/egg(?) movepool. If you do propose a movepool, make sure it follows the general guidelines CAP's Movepool Guide, though remember creativity is the name of the game here. If this picks up any steam I'll edit all this into the OP.

I refuse to let such a thread die! Anyways, it seems to be impossible to catch the Pokewood pokemon in the wild due to them not having Pokedex data, however they due have placeholder graphics for backsprites, meaning theoretically one could use them in battle. This makes me curious to see if one could actually hack them into ones party using Pokegen without having to catch them; if so, we could then forcefeed all these poor pokebastards 99 rare candies and explore their level up movepools, if they have any besides pound. There is a distinct possibility that they have no level up movepools and that they on get the other moves due to them being programmed into the movies, but we can't find out until we try, can we?

EDIT: Also, if they are hackable into ones party, then theoretically that means one can actually battle with them in-game, making this even more viable for being an actual metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)