1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Political Compass

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by whistle, Dec 17, 2010.

1. MK Ultra

MK Ultra BOOGEYMAN
    is a Forum Moderator

I consider myself fairly right-wing, so I have been quite surprised when I got this result, almost exactly the same as I had last time.

[​IMG]
  2. Morm

Morm

^it all depends on where you are from. In sweden you'd be super right wing, in America you'd be super left.
  3. Shiny_Tyranitar

Shiny_Tyranitar

Me
    [​IMG]
    Economic Left/right: -6.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

An assessment of politicians who ran for presidency in 2008

The Political Compasses of politicians who ran for presidency in 2008 (open)

[​IMG]
    I find this rather scary
    Found here
  4. Morm

Morm

It's no secret that the states is probably the most right wing country out there. Hell our most right wing in Canada would be called communists down there.
  5. Phizzlax

Phizzlax

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

[​IMG]

I'm exactly where I thought I would be
    Our liberal party is one of the most conservative parties in any first world nation. Our conservative party is generally seen as an impossible joke by developed nations.

The global opinion of the tea party is :O wtf
  6. sbc

sbc

I know I'm quoting myself, but I remember doing the test a couple of years back and found the thread where I think a few people did it.

Funnily enough

I haven't actually changed much despite becoming a lot more knowledgeable in the last couple of years on such matters.
  7. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

[​IMG]

That's me. At least I think so, I had a little trouble with some of the questions..

So this time I got:
    Economic Left/Right: -4.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

Compared with last time:
    Economic Left/Right: -2.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

I am becoming lefter as I get older..

Have a nice day.
  8. hanke

hanke
    won the 6th Official Smogon Tournament

[​IMG]

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.15

!
  9. all4game

all4game

Close enough...

Economic Left/Right: -5.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69
    [​IMG]
  10. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

nice find sbc.
    that's quite impressive.
  11. YoshiX

YoshiX

Economic Left/Right: -5.77
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.32
  12. Mentlegen

Mentlegen

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

[​IMG]
    Thats about what I expected, maybe a little more left/Libertarian than I figured I was. In reality, I just don't think every issue is black and white, and I think people need to realize that most opinions often have valid evidence. On social matters I definitely am one of those "keep your hands off my freedoms" person, but I think regulation is essential for order.
  13. orangekows

orangekows

[​IMG]
    about where i thought i would be.
  14. Berserker Lord

Berserker Lord unreliable analysis writer.

15. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

No wonder deck fights one man'd battles in the sub forum all the time :/

[​IMG]

Right: 5 (though on re-taking, I've gotten as far as 6.3)

Libertarian: -2

Japan is far more right in terms of social tolerance (that is, a lack there of), but is probably more left in terms of economic policy than a given European country..
  16. Invective

Invective

[​IMG]

+3, +.36

I agree with the sentiment that there are many questions worded weirdly.
    These two questions I am always i unsure about what they are truly asking.

Yes, I agree we are losing many privileges we had pre-9/11 but whether they should be considered civil liberties is debatable, as is whether or not you agree with the principle.

All that's needed here is to define what "serious" is and to clarify whether it means all serious crimes, some of them, and whether or not it is only for serious crimes.

Other than that, I ended up higher up than i expected, I was expecting to be more libertarian. Strange.
  17. theamericandream38

theamericandream38

Economic Left/Right: 1.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

[​IMG]
  18. Myzozoa

Myzozoa Throw-up on the internet, or get off on TV
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

[​IMG]
    This isn't that accurate imo, as though I am fairly far to the left I don't think of myself as being terribly radical.

I don't know how you find the question about civil liberties being curbed in the name of counterterrorism unclear though, it isnt like its hard to understand:

Noun 1. civil liberty - one's freedom to exercise one's rights as guaranteed under the laws of the country
    political liberty
    freedom - the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraints
    2. civil liberty - fundamental individual right protected by law and expressed as immunity from unwarranted governmental interference
    civil right - right or rights belonging to a person by reason of citizenship including especially the fundamental freedoms and privileges guaranteed by the 13th and 14th amendments and subsequent acts of Congress including the right to legal and social and economic equality
    law, jurisprudence - the collection of rules imposed by authority; "civilization presupposes respect for the law"; "the great problem for jurisprudence to allow freedom while enforcing order"

My greatest dream that will never come true is that the 2 party system in america will end.
  19. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

[​IMG]

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

I fucking knew I was going to match up with pussy ass Ghandi, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (since I was pretty sure that was where I matched up before)

As expected, dak is my closest political comrade, HEIL EDIT: I missed a page, and was only skimming to begin with, looks like Hipmonlee or Mentlegen or Phizzlax are my closest comrades. EDIT 2: evan I am just as upset to be close to you as I am sure you are the versa, no worries.

Shit like me considering abstract "art" bullshit keep me a little conservative, but mostly my views are strongly anti-conservative idiocy (like women being homemakers, schools instituting religious values, et cetera). Sadly I think things like "Astrology accurately explains many things." count as conservative to strongly disagree with...this test has too much "black and white" and not nearly enough subtlety/complexity.

He has one man fights because he has anachronistic and trollingly insane views and offers typical conservative cronyism rather than any sort of deep political/philosophical take on issues.
  20. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Great Sage x Cathy is my OTP
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Other Metas Leader

I got about halfway down the second page before I didn't understand a lot of the questions.
  21. Great Sage

Great Sage

[​IMG]

Viva la revoluciĆ³n.

EDIT: Though I'd think I'm more socially radical than the chart demonstrates.
  22. Mailman

Mailman

[​IMG]

yeah when your in the same region as Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama you feel good.
  23. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Economic Left/Right: -2.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.26

[​IMG]
  24. Alan

Alan

i took this on another forum

[​IMG]

but that was some time ago, lets see it now!

[​IMG]

pretty much the same, a little more libertarian
  25. Smith

Smith is a 90's bitch
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

[​IMG]
    This was pretty weird for me, I think they must have switched the axises- all the ideas I associate with right wing were on the left and visa versa, which made me think- but I think that's honestly due to influence from the media/parents. Anyways I think that's a pretty good indication, I tend not to group myself into any one political idea and judge them as I come at me- but I'm relatively young, so I don't have a concrete political idea as of yet. So I liked where I was.

Of course the wording of the questions was exceptionally vague, "Some people are lucky." Well no shit! Astrology has nothing to do with anything also, and honestly I was pissed at the lack of neutral button. However I guess it turned out alright, so meh. Rather interesting test.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)