Political Compass

^it all depends on where you are from. In sweden you'd be super right wing, in America you'd be super left.

Me

Economic Left/right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

An assessment of politicians who ran for presidency in 2008

I find this rather scary
Found here

It's no secret that the states is probably the most right wing country out there. Hell our most right wing in Canada would be called communists down there.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

I'm exactly where I thought I would be
Our liberal party is one of the most conservative parties in any first world nation. Our conservative party is generally seen as an impossible joke by developed nations.

The global opinion of the tea party is :O wtf

Test is quite flawed though by the leading questions and lack of a "no opinion" button.
I know I'm quoting myself, but I remember doing the test a couple of years back and found the thread where I think a few people did it.

Funnily enough

The test had me slightly to the left and slightly towards authoritarian, which is a more or less accurate assessment of myself
I haven't actually changed much despite becoming a lot more knowledgeable in the last couple of years on such matters.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

That's me. At least I think so, I had a little trouble with some of the questions..

So this time I got:
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

Compared with last time:
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

I am becoming lefter as I get older..

Have a nice day.

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

Thats about what I expected, maybe a little more left/Libertarian than I figured I was. In reality, I just don't think every issue is black and white, and I think people need to realize that most opinions often have valid evidence. On social matters I definitely am one of those "keep your hands off my freedoms" person, but I think regulation is essential for order.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No wonder deck fights one man'd battles in the sub forum all the time :/

Right: 5 (though on re-taking, I've gotten as far as 6.3)

Libertarian: -2

It's no secret that the states is probably the most right wing country out there. Hell our most right wing in Canada would be called communists down there.
Japan is far more right in terms of social tolerance (that is, a lack there of), but is probably more left in terms of economic policy than a given European country..

+3, +.36

I agree with the sentiment that there are many questions worded weirdly.
These two questions I am always i unsure about what they are truly asking.

Our civil liberties are being excessively curbed in the name of counter-terrorism.
Yes, I agree we are losing many privileges we had pre-9/11 but whether they should be considered civil liberties is debatable, as is whether or not you agree with the principle.

The death penalty should be an option for the most serious crimes.
All that's needed here is to define what "serious" is and to clarify whether it means all serious crimes, some of them, and whether or not it is only for serious crimes.

Other than that, I ended up higher up than i expected, I was expecting to be more libertarian. Strange.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

This isn't that accurate imo, as though I am fairly far to the left I don't think of myself as being terribly radical.

I don't know how you find the question about civil liberties being curbed in the name of counterterrorism unclear though, it isnt like its hard to understand:

Noun 1. civil liberty - one's freedom to exercise one's rights as guaranteed under the laws of the country
political liberty
freedom - the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraints
2. civil liberty - fundamental individual right protected by law and expressed as immunity from unwarranted governmental interference
civil right - right or rights belonging to a person by reason of citizenship including especially the fundamental freedoms and privileges guaranteed by the 13th and 14th amendments and subsequent acts of Congress including the right to legal and social and economic equality
law, jurisprudence - the collection of rules imposed by authority; "civilization presupposes respect for the law"; "the great problem for jurisprudence to allow freedom while enforcing order"

My greatest dream that will never come true is that the 2 party system in america will end.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

I fucking knew I was going to match up with pussy ass Ghandi, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (since I was pretty sure that was where I matched up before)

As expected, dak is my closest political comrade, HEIL EDIT: I missed a page, and was only skimming to begin with, looks like Hipmonlee or Mentlegen or Phizzlax are my closest comrades. EDIT 2: evan I am just as upset to be close to you as I am sure you are the versa, no worries.

Shit like me considering abstract "art" bullshit keep me a little conservative, but mostly my views are strongly anti-conservative idiocy (like women being homemakers, schools instituting religious values, et cetera). Sadly I think things like "Astrology accurately explains many things." count as conservative to strongly disagree with...this test has too much "black and white" and not nearly enough subtlety/complexity.

No wonder deck fights one man'd battles in the sub forum all the time :/
He has one man fights because he has anachronistic and trollingly insane views and offers typical conservative cronyism rather than any sort of deep political/philosophical take on issues.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.26

i took this on another forum

but that was some time ago, lets see it now!

pretty much the same, a little more libertarian

This was pretty weird for me, I think they must have switched the axises- all the ideas I associate with right wing were on the left and visa versa, which made me think- but I think that's honestly due to influence from the media/parents. Anyways I think that's a pretty good indication, I tend not to group myself into any one political idea and judge them as I come at me- but I'm relatively young, so I don't have a concrete political idea as of yet. So I liked where I was.

Of course the wording of the questions was exceptionally vague, "Some people are lucky." Well no shit! Astrology has nothing to do with anything also, and honestly I was pissed at the lack of neutral button. However I guess it turned out alright, so meh. Rather interesting test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)