Political Compass

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.23

i honestly dont have the slightest clue what this result means, but ill take it

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

I'm not moderate in that I don't have an opinion, it's just that my opinions about many issues are...inconsistent in their political leanings.

500th post!

Economic Left/Right: -1.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.59

A bit further left and a bit less libertarian than I expected.

Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

I'm happy hanging out with Mandela and The Dalai Lama.

I must say though, it makes me happy to see so many people on the libertarian end of the scale - hopefully the future can involve a bit less government spying on us and the TSA groping people..

Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.90

Authoritarian... hmm...

My parental philosophy is not my state-size government philosophy, but they seem to use them the same way? I dunno I say I'm more Libertarian, maybe I'm really not. Oh well.

Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.10

I was expecting to be more authoritarian but oh well. There were some questions I didn't really understand very well so I picked one of the less extreme responses on a gut instinct. In fact, as others have said, some of the questions were either bad or poorly-worded. I generally preferred the questions that asked about how things should be rather than how things are, since the former are more open to justification of opinion whereas the latter feel more like a test of knowledge (and I didn't know half the time).

There were some questions I didn't really understand very well so I picked one of the less extreme responses on a gut instinct.
According to the FAQ, that you'll answer some questions of "gut instinct" is intentional, and the inclusion of unclear questions is designed to measure things like prejudices.

One flaw I might identify is that the boundary between "Agree/Disagree" and "Strongly Agree/Strongly Disagree" is not well defined. I answered some of the statements as "strongly", then later on came across statements I felt really strongly about. Which then made me wonder whether I should have just answered regular Agree/Disagree on the earlier statements.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Economic Left/Right: -0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

I can't believe I'm an anarchist >:( omg

edit: honestly I was expecting communist or something

also may I ask how you did this chart/graph? Because I'm interested in doing it in another forum.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I must say though, it makes me happy to see so many people on the libertarian end of the scale - hopefully the future can involve a bit less government spying on us and the TSA groping people..
I share your sentiment. However, keep in mind that this is a forum composed of mostly younger people, which tend to lean more toward that end of the political spectrum than older folks.

Rather close to the middle there
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.44

But I also found some questions completely aimless, like the one about abstract art

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, looks like I'm one of the most liberal smogoners. Who would have guessed?

Economic Left/Right: -8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)