1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 Political Unrest (RMT)

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Cerivious, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Cerivious

Cerivious

This team was made with keloggs and although it is made up of UU pokes, is actually meant for OU play.

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Band ** Han Duck-Soo
    Trait: Poison Point
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Focus Punch
    - Sludge Bomb

CBNido leads off very well here. It outspeeds Tyranitar and Metagross, who for some reason think they can survive the EQ and KO in return. Sludge Bomb takes care of Celebi and fellow grasses, and will 3hko Salamence after the Intimidate. Fire Blast for Skarmory/Forretress/Scizor, and to a lesser extent, Heracross. Focus Punch is mainly filler.

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers ** Kim Jong-il
    Trait: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Focus Punch
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Perish Song
    - Substitute

Bulky water counter. Things such as Suicune and Vaporeon wouldn't like a 436 Focus Punch in their faces. Perish Song is again filler, but could be uses as some last resort Curselax counter, although this team deals with that reasonably well.

Piloswine (M) @ Choice Band ** Mao Ze Dong
    Trait: Oblivious
    EVs: 112 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Def / 52 Spd / 24 SAtk / 4 SDef
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Ice Beam
    - Rock Slide

This is what inspire me to make this team. With its current EV spread, it will survive max attack CBTar's Rock Slide and OHKO back with EQ. It will survive a 236 STAB Surf 100% (Milotic) and potentially 2HKO with EQ. It will also outrun standard Blisseys and 2HKO, ditto with Snorlax. Ice Beam does a minimum of 88% to standard Salamence, and will allow Gligar to KO with QA if needed, unless both attacks do absolutely minimum damage.

Gligar (M) @ Choice Band ** Hitler
    Trait: Hyper Cutter
    EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 166 Spd
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Quick Attack
    - Rock Slide

CBGligar, Heracross/Tyranitar counter of sorts, and also a Electric counter if HP Ice is not present. 166Evs gives 246 Speed, outrunning Tyranitars and some bulky Zapdos. More importantly, 92 HP allows it to survive a HP Flying from a Salamence with 2 DDs 100% of the time.

Banette (M) @ Leftovers ** George Bush
    Trait: Insomnia
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Knock Off
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will-O-Wisp

Sleep absorber lol, and general counter to stuff like Claydol and crap. If facing Starmie, it will survive max SA Modest Surf and OHKO back with Shadow Ball. Burning stuff such as Metagross and Salamence on the switch is really fun too, and so is Knocking Off Blisseys Leftovers.

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers ** Chen Shui Bian
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 48 SAtk / 124 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Surf

Status absorber and general Zapdos/Jolteon/Any Electric not named Raikou counter. If anyone could give me a better EV spread on this one it would be great. I am still undecided between Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, it seems like whenever I use Ice Beam Gyarados shows up, and whenever I use Thunderbolt Salamence comes in.

I know this team has a lot of weaknesses, the most glaring one to EQ, and lack of Normal resist and such. Swampert also owns this team pretty badly. Anything with a high attack does really. Keep in mind this is meant to be a fun sort of team and I'm not looking to replace those with Standards, instead, I would greatly appreciate EV suggestions(especially the ones I'm not sure about) and maybe some moveset tweaks. Thanks.
  2. Jolt99

Jolt99

This team seems to be too "resist everything" oriented, and lacking solid attacking power (read: speed, no choice band) Don't like that lack of special attacks either.

A special sweeping octillery would work well in nidoking's slot. Ask me and I'll make u one.

Its a good team overall. Shines in UU, does well in OU if u know how to use it. You obviously gave this a lot of thought, so u get:

7/10! (gasp! An actual rating!)

EDIT: Here's an octillery anyway:

Octillery (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Suction Cups
    EVs: 180 HP / 252 SAtk / 76 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Haze
    - Flamethrower/ice beam
    - Octazooka/surf
    - Rest/Return/Rock blast/Seismic toss/substitute/thunderwave/toxic

rock blast is for breaking subs. I'd take rest so that it can absorb status, but return can suprise stuff like blissey that comes in to wall you.
  3. z0MG

z0MG

Don't replace Perish Song. You need it for Snorlax. No, your team does not deal with it "reasonably well".
    Nidoking should have Megahorn for Claydol and the ohko on Celebi.
    3 Choice Banders? >.< At least run the standard Gligar set. It's attack is too low to CB efficently. Gligar isn't that good in OU.
    THUNDERBOLT ON LANTURN.
    Jolt99: It doesn't look like he gave this a lot of thought. and that octillery sucks btw.
  4. Cerivious

Cerivious

@Jolt99: The whole point of Lanturn was to take on things such as Starmie and Zapdos, in addition to Suicune and Milotic, without fear. I'd do better against the bulky waters with Mantine, but then I have no 100% method of countering Bolting waters such as Starmie. And I don't see how Mud Sport screws them over, they still do much more damage to me than I could do in return.

@z0MG: Piloswine 3HKOs 501/200 Lax after one curse. Even if it rests, Azumarill can come in and 2HKO on average with up to 2 curses. Sludge Bomb already does 69% to 81% to max HP/Def Bold Celebi. If they are the bulky type, they won't outrun me or OHKO me with Psychic, if they are the fast variety, I would OHKO with Sludge Bomb more often than not. Claydol seems to be quite the threat though. I will consider Megahorn. And for Gligar, I'd rather do 20% to a switch in than SDing on the switch and then get forced out by the inevitable Ice Beam/HP Ice coming my way.
  5. Umby

Umby I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
    is a Contributor Alumnus

IMO Solrock/Lunatone would be awesome if you could fit one of them in there. Preferably Solrock since it's actually able to resist and OHKO the Alakazam that gives some problems here. With Solrock you also resist Salamence a lot better.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)