1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pomeg glitch pokemon discussion

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Matthew, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubulous

Dubulous I look just like Buddy Holly.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

As a reminder, Sonicboom is still banned from Little Cup play, despite Magnemite and Voltorb's newfound access to the move.
  2. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Only true of Magnet Rise- it learns Signal Beam via Platinum Move Tutor and Magic Coat via HGSS Move Tutor.

(oddly enough magnet rise is a platinum move tutor but porygon does not receive it)
  3. diinbong

diinbong *it's in you to give*
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I'd like to know about this as well.
  4. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yes you can cancel the evolution of a pokemon while it is evolving whilte inside the egg.
  5. Articanus

Articanus

I know it seems stupid, but I've been having a grand ole' time with Wish Bagon.

Bagon @ Oran Berry/ Leftovers/ Lum Berry
    Rock Head: Adamant/ Jolly
    EVs are still in progress... T-T
    Dragon Claw/ Outrage
    Wish
    Protect
    Dragon Dance

236 HP/36 Def/116 Spd/116 SDef is the spread I'm about to try, though I've been using a slower and more powerful spread for the bit so far. I think Wish has given it the ability to act like Bulky Mence in OU.... but maybe it will end in a failure. I've been successful so far, and I'm sure a few people(Fuzznip included) could vouche for its effectiveness

Edit: OK Outrage has killed me many times thus far. Not liking it so I'm moving back to Claw
  6. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Been testing the Pomeg Glitch in more detail, apparently as well as the level being reset to 5, EVs are all set down to 0, and any EXP gained is erased. It seems the only variables kept through hatching are only Moves and what Species the Pokemon has become.

So much for simplifying EV training in gen 3...

Since you need to revive the 0 HP Pokemon first turn or or white out, unless your egg (starting at Lv. 5) can survive an attack you get no EXP, and unless it can beat the foe on its own you have to switch out and can't switch back in. You need to get your Pokemon down to 0 HP again for each battle.. Its horrible, but with a memento base it would be easy enough.
  7. NixHex

NixHex No excuses
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Okay, I know this is an old thread but I've noticed that you all are missing one very important element:
    Getting Gluttony on Zigzagoon and Download on Porygon using the Pomeg trick is NOT impossible, because the bit that determines ability is set to 0 or 1 regardless of if it only has one ability or two. For example, say the ability bit in your Porygon's PID is 1. In ADV its ability will obviously be Trace. If you send it to a 4th gen game however, its ability will now be Download. This indeed happened to one of my Porygon a while ago. I was pumped that it was Modest and had Trace, since it would follow that its ability as a Porygon-z would have been Adaptability. Imagine my disappointment when I evolved it to Porygon2 only to see that Download is its ability... I didn't even check before I evolved it because I didn't know about PIDs. Luckily I didn't waste my Dubious Disc. Of course you can't check its ability bit unless you have a way of looking at your save file, or until you send it to gen4.
  8. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

The bold part is critical. You would probably find that the Porygon was Trace before evolving and Download afterward. We've found that the ability change should only happen when the monster evolves. If that isn't the case, then yes, it would be possible to get Gluttony ExtremeSpeed Zigzagoons and Downloading Porygons with Recover, etc..
  9. thelaytonmobile

thelaytonmobile

According to Bulbapedia, this glitch can be performed in Diamond and Pearl as well. No idea whether eggs can battle this time (apparently, battling with no Pokemon at all will freeze the game).
    How to do it:
    Have your Pokemon with say 252 evs in HP. Get it down to 5 or more HP. Use a Pomeg Berry.
    Perhaps this is worth testing to see if it is true?
  10. Zowayix

Zowayix

Pomeg Glitch does work in Gen IV. It has been tested and done many times here:

http://www.halloforigin.com/forums/showthread.php?64-Pomeg-Glitch-Thread

For the Pomeg Glitch to work in Gen IV, your Pokemon must drop by 5 HP or more after 1 Pomeg Berry, meaning it must have a minimum of 120 EVs at level 100.

This is because the glitch was "fixed" so that your Current HP would not drop if it was 3 or lower - however, a drop of more than 10 EVs is possible by EVing your Pokemon beyond 100 HP EVs.

Meaning, if the drop was 5 HP, then
    2/333 would drop to 2/328
    3/333 would drop to 3/328
    100/333 would drop to 95/328
    but
    4/333 would drop to -1/328, which becomes 65535/328.

However, 5/333 still drops to 5/328 instead of 0/328, so your Pokemon does not auto-faint when doing the glitch.
  11. callforjudgement

callforjudgement

I tried this, and got weird results; my Lv. 56 (I think; I may be a few levels off there) Breloom with 11 HP and 252 HP EVs actually had its current HP go up when I gave it a Pomeg Berry, rather than into the negatives.
  12. eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is a very interesting development, it would be great to see how eggs work with the DP version of the Pomeg Glitch (unless eggs can battle this does nothing to LC). We could be seeing Hypnosis Bronzor if it's similar to the Emerald one!
  13. calze6

calze6

How come on the movesets, zigzagoon must have pick up on the BD+Sub set but linoone can have gluttony on the movesets on smogon?
  14. TPM

TPM

Because Gluttony is a Gen 4 ability, and Extremespeed is from Gen 3, and the only way to change abilities is by evolution.
  15. calze6

calze6

I meant how come linoone gets gluttony but zigzagoon doesn't? Or at least smogon says.
  16. hitmon64

hitmon64

ziggy got ES at lvl 40 from a pokemon box gift in gen 3. this one was always pickup because, obviously, there was no alternative at that time. the ability only changes when you evolve, so BD/ES with gluttony is available only to linoone.
  17. eric the espeon

ES Zigzagoon was received as an egg, not at Level 40. Abilities are determined by a Pokemon's PID, which decides if a Pokemon has it's first or second ability. If a Pokemon evolves it's ability is "recalculated" from the PID. ES Zigzagoon can't evolve and can only hatch in gen 3 where gluttony does not exist. Linoone can evolve from ES Ziggy, and get the ability change.
  18. domeface

domeface

I personally don't play the LC metagame, but from how I understand it, I agree with Dubulous that if we ban the Transform glitch, then we should bad this, also. Hydro Pump is not in Staryu's movepool, so it shouldn't be allowed. This glitch effectively gives an unfair advantage to genderless Gen 1-3 'mon vs Gen 4 ones. And, if we allow this glitch, then surely using the Transform glitch to acheive the same results should also be allowed for Gen 4 'mon.
  19. pikmin

pikmin

honestly,I think ditto should get as many moves as it wants.
    trick spore quick powder transform ditto anyone?
    PLEASE?

well, anyway, I think they should allow it because it would make gameplay more fun, and actually make it more balanced then less.

and I agree with transform glitch for gen 4 pok├ęs to make it even
  20. eric the espeon

The normal (Emerald) Pomeg glitch has been allowed for some time, and I doubt that will change.

I asked for confirmation about whether you can battle with eggs in the linked thread, apparently the answer is no. If someone proves otherwise it could actually have consequences for Little Cup, but until then this topic is not useful. Use the question/answer thread for simple questions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)