1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 Porygon2 tier change

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by meteor64, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Either way, who cares. BL/OU movements are pretty much meaningless.

The only real function of OU is to warn newcomers about what they can expect to see. Old tiers should only be changed when there is a genuine wrongness to them, not when there is a question about which things on the borderline borderline should be on which side of it.
  2. meteor64

meteor64

I wanna bring this up again since P2 has consistently enjoyed more usage than Jolteon (currently an OU) for the past 6 months since this thread was made. Additionally since the old analyses are currently being rewritten to represent todays metagame the tier list itself should get that benefit also, and while I am aware a bunch of low OUs have been moved down recently, as it is, it only makes sense as far as I'm concerned for P2 to go up and/or for Jolt to go down.
  3. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

dekzeh and i agree.
    duck is used a lot now
  4. Dekzeh

Dekzeh It's the sound of the world ending.
    is a Pre-Contributoris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Yeah, we will bring this up and try to make that move when we revamp Pory2 analysis.
  5. adv

adv formerly Triangles

Awesome. It's great to see P2 moving on up.
  6. HUARGH

HUARGH

I agree. I feel like Cloyster should be moved to BL for the opposite reasons, I have not seen it in ages (it's generally Forretress or Skarmory + spinner, rarely ever do I see Cloyster).
  7. meteor64

meteor64

No. Its struggling a fair bit atm but not enough to justify a drop. Besides, theres no stats to suggest its in the same realm as Vap or Cham.
  8. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I've always thought OU should be bigger than BL on principle alone, so I'm fine with Porygon2 being moved up. Not that it matters anyway.
  9. M Dragon

M Dragon The north wind
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Arena Tycoonis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Champion

Posting to agree that P2 should be OU, its usage has increased a lot recently, mainly because Dugtrio
  10. McMeghan

McMeghan Dreamcatcher
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Champion

Following the P2 for OU bandwagon. There has also been a huge rise of CM Team with Porygon2 in them in the past few months.
  11. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)