possibility of PS app

do you think we should have an app?

• yes, this sounds like a great idea

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
although I have played on the internet on my phone, I find it a little bit harder to select moves, switch out pokemon, or even just play in general. what i propose is a pokemon showdown app. the app would either be PC compatible, or just for mobile devices, where you could play just like you can on the computer. this would work great for road trips (if you're not the one driving) or places where you don't have access to a computer. I have found myself in this position multiple times, and would love to see an app. thanks for reading.

Attack Order

Do you know how hard that would be to program? The programmers of PS! have lives, jobs, and families to take care of. Pokemon Showdown! is already phone optimized so just use what you have!

Rohep

Banned deucer.
I would love for there to be an app, but this is more appropriate for the suggestions thread. plus already about a trillion people have suggested it, The Dunsparce King.
Also IDK where the money would come from since there are very minimal ads on Pokemon Showdown!

I would love for there to be an app, but this is more appropriate for the suggestions thread. plus already about a trillion people have suggested it, The Dunsparce King.
Also IDK where the money would come from since there are very minimal ads on Pokemon Showdown!
I'm sure some people in the community would do it without pay
for a promotion to moderator

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm changing the title of this thread. Its pretty misleading to attach official PS app to a thread that no PS admin has signed off on. As of now we don't have any plans for a mobile app, but I'm going to leave this thread open in case that changes.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I would just like to point out that an app would work in exactly the same way as the browser version... it MIGHT have a different interface if someone wished to do that, but all in all it would be the same thing. Just use your phone browser, an app wouldn't run any faster or anything

Rohep

Banned deucer.
An app shouldn't really be a priority for Pokemon Showdown! anyway, I'm strongly supportive of it but admins have a lot of other work to do on the server because of the growing userbase and room count causing lag, the Ddos's, and glitches in battles that have mostly been reported.

_Tonks_

The only issue I ever have with the mobile PS! client is it's sometimes hard to deal with multiple rooms and hard to kepe track of pms. However, it works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)