1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Possible Sleep Clause bug

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Sabinfrost, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabinfrost

Sabinfrost

Hi,

I was recently playing on the Smogon PO server and Magic Coated my enemies spore, a few turns later I felt safe going for the yawn on a different target (even though the spored Pokemon was still asleep as he did it to himself). I was unable to due to Sleep Clause.

Is this intended? It seems to me putting yourself to sleep by having your ability reflected should be on par with Resting.
  2. shnen

shnen שוני
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This seems to be correct as by magic coating his spore you are actively putting your opponent to sleep,which is what sleep Clause affects if I am correct.
  3. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Yeah... while I don't necessarily agree with it, this is almost certainly a "feature, not a bug."

IIRC, it's hard-coded into PO, so you'll have to take it up with them.
  4. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

I believe that it already worked this way on shoddy.
  5. Sabinfrost

Sabinfrost

Any chance of it being changed/addressed or is it there to stay? It seems to me if I predict a spore and use magic coat, that it shouldn't be treated the same as using spore myself. This particular instance it was a Smeargle, I would have rather had something other than his Suicide Spiker asleep but I didn't want my lead to get put to sleep.
  6. Great Sage

Great Sage

We have no control over the Sleep Clause that comes with PO. Post on the PO forums if you would like to advocate a modification.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)