Possible Sleep Clause bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was recently playing on the Smogon PO server and Magic Coated my enemies spore, a few turns later I felt safe going for the yawn on a different target (even though the spored Pokemon was still asleep as he did it to himself). I was unable to due to Sleep Clause.

Is this intended? It seems to me putting yourself to sleep by having your ability reflected should be on par with Resting.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This seems to be correct as by magic coating his spore you are actively putting your opponent to sleep,which is what sleep Clause affects if I am correct.

Yeah... while I don't necessarily agree with it, this is almost certainly a "feature, not a bug."

IIRC, it's hard-coded into PO, so you'll have to take it up with them.

I believe that it already worked this way on shoddy.
Any chance of it being changed/addressed or is it there to stay? It seems to me if I predict a spore and use magic coat, that it shouldn't be treated the same as using spore myself. This particular instance it was a Smeargle, I would have rather had something other than his Suicide Spiker asleep but I didn't want my lead to get put to sleep.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
We have no control over the Sleep Clause that comes with PO. Post on the PO forums if you would like to advocate a modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)