1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Post Game] - Presidents Mafia

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Serenity, May 12, 2009.

1. Serenity

Serenity

Ok, now that we got this all out, there are a few things I can say. I'm kind of shocked that the village did not even consider the fact that there are only 23 people and that there is no way that there can be like 6 neutrals that demon238 was claiming when it was clear that each mafia faction had 4 people per team and two neutrals had already died. But... that is their fault I suppose.

Firstly, let's look at the role PMs starting from the first who died.. Veedrock.

1/10. Definitely worst player ever. He had claimed to convert people Night 0. This was obviously a stupid thing. Claiming that you convert people to join your faction will definitely not keep you alive. I do not get why you would claim that, there are other things to claim yet you decide to claim something extremely far fetched. He had the role of being a silencer/delayed hooker, with the ability to kill every three nights at the beginning of Night 3, and if the game ever got to Night 7, he would have been able to steal. Very disappointed in how this role was executed. You had a very powerful role that could have won if played correctly.

8/10. Actually Lightwolf did really good at his job if only he survived. Night 0 he got Veedrock, which rendered Veedrock useless while Night 1 he got Fishy, the mafia inspector. Unfortunately Fishy never turned her PM in, but if she did then it wouldn't have received anything. So even though Lightwolf died, I'm sure he would have been a great asset to the village.

5/10. The other neutral, who had the ability to kill every night, post day 5 he would have been able to steal. Stealing was a big asset in this game since this game had many Presidents dependent upon items. Unfortunately though, McGraw used his one time kill ability on Fishin and well.. he died.

5/10. Again, didn't really do much. He held the constitution which would have kept Shade alive past day 3. Misaki-Chi had stolen it though Night 0 and there was really no chance of Shade living. If he got hold of the Emancipation Proclamation, which he almost did (Stoo had sent in the PM to give it to him, though he died) then he would have gained the ability to redirect people every night. Of course, once the item was stolen, so was his ability.

6/10. The first mafia to die. She had stolen the constitution which would result in a big hit on Day 3 when there would be three deaths. She also, like Fishy, didn't send a PM in on Night 1 on time which was disappointing. It wouldn't have mattered though since she was martyred by Twash that night, although it would have given her Twash's item -- the one time kill item, Rifle. However, failure to send in her PM gave thunda the opportunity to steal it first.

10/10. Flawless, he stole items each night he was alive from the mafia/neutral, and was giving darkie the emancipation proclamation at the time of his death. Unfortunately though, he didn't give it to him during the day and after being targetted for death, thunda just came in and stole all the items that he had. Stoo had three items on him, at this point it seemed like the Lost Presidents were unstoppable.

7/10. Accomplished what he had to, he protected the inspector Jimbo although Jimbo was never targetted. He was killed by dak on orders of thunda.

5/10. Used like a tool to say the least. Once thunda got him to target the bodyguard, he was immediately discarded during the Civil War. Lol dak kept sending me target PMs every night when it only worked during the even nights. Once he died, Fishy gained a delayed kill role.

3/10. Didn't do much, pretty much idled other than the time that he targetted Misaki-Chi when she idled. demon238 some how managed to make Twash look like a mole and he got lynched off. Twash should have done more to convince them to keep him alive, but it doesn't seem like he did.

7/10. Shade almost got the constitution but he realized that darkie had it too late, and Misaki stole it from him. To balance the Civil War, I made Shade a balance by forcing him to be impeached by the end of day 3.

6/10. Really didn't get much useful information, he found that dak was a mafia, although by that time demon238 and his gang was already knowledgeable about that. Once Toothache was gone, the Lost Presidents made no hesitation to get rid of Jimbo.

6/10. I mean, he really didn't stop anything big.. He forgot to turn his PM in once too, but I got Fishy to send in an order for him. I guess that's what happens when you're in a group where everyone is in a different time zone than you.

8/10. Did fairly well. Kept to himself, and just did as told by his partners. He, like billymills above, forgot to turn in his PM once so I got thunda to decide a kill for him. Flawless team work coming from the Lost Presidents.

9/10. Definitely helped a lot by silencing and preventing an action of a user per night. He could have gotten a flawless score if he had a tad bit more participation. Nonetheless, he used the Pistol on Fishy (as did demon238 when used the second time) and stopped alot of people from voting towards the end of the game when it got more crucial. Well played.

10/10. Lol, I am almost concerned at the village's credulity level. They believed pretty much anything that came out of BL's mouth. Haha. That being said, he was able to manipulate the village to do many things, including: informing him of any and all items being held, lynching people like Twash even though it was clear that he was good, and other things. I won his game and now he won mine!

10/10. Thunda ended the game with all the items in his possession. How he got info about Misaki-chi carrying the last item is kinda fishy, but who cares! Thunda really did a great job. However, thunda did get inspected the night he stole the Gas mask, but since that came after the inspection it didn't go into effect. Unfortunately though Fishy kept this to herself instead of revealing it to the villagers; that's what i would have done.

5/10. How unfortunate, Fishy was targetted for so many things. The pistol, which prevented the night action from going through was targetted at Fishy both times. Fishy really didn't do much like revealing info to the village, so her score is pretty low.

7/10. First forum mafia for McGraw I think. He had the one time ability of a impeacher and a hooker. The Lost Presidents used him to get rid of Fishin, Adolf Hitler, early in the game as they let him do whatever with his secondary ability.

5/10. As you can see, I got really tired of writing role PMs by the time I got to Earthworm. Earthworm really didn't do much so there really isn't much I can say about him.. Since Jedil revealed them both (I think) early in the game, the chance of one of them dying really diminished away.

8/10. Did fairly well to rally the villagers early in the game, although he was under the total control of demon238 the whole time. Other than this, you can pretty much read Earthworms comments since it applies equally to Jedil. I was surprised that Jedil didn't even find it at all weird that there were so many neutrals in the game that demon238 was concealing.

5/10. Rogue. No one targetted him :( Not much to say.

6/10. Well, GP had the ability of an even night BPV or a one time BPV, I can't really remember, as long as he held onto the Monroe Doctrine. Poor GP though, the night after he got the doctrine thunda came in and stole it lol. I thought that was a little bit humorous. On top of that he was abducted too so he couldn't post his fury. Hehhh.

Annywayy, that's it! I hope you guys enjoyed it, even if it was only for the beginning of the game.
    I'll make awards for this game soon! I already have in mind who is mvp etc etc.
  2. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I told Jedil I was skeptical of blue light....

"Hey Jedil it's weird that there's so many us presidents who can't do anything..."
    "whatever blue light is fine"

;_;

gg!
  3. Jedil

Jedil FUCK TIGER

8/10 o-O rather high for me? but ok.

also i knew it was fishy that there were so many neutrals.. i knew thunda was bad that was obvious.. i was hoping billymills and fishy were lost presidents but i got played :(. You were an amazing host rev thanks for letting me play <3
  4. twash

twash
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I never knew I was accused of being a mole until after my death, there wasn't much I could do to stop the accusation I didn't know about. I totally forgot about the civil war though, so I guess I bought about my own death!

demon238 played this well. At first I was kind of just talking to Jimbo who I knew was inspector, but I managed to get into the village pretty easily. I didn't expect demon238 to be a mole though, and he played it well. When I first got into the village I was kind of told "oh blue light is clean" and then I asked how people knew and they were just like "because he is okay", and I just presumed they didn't trust me enough to tell me about his role. I don't think I'll ever trust him again in mafia..

Good hosting. Thanks for this, guys.
  5. blue_light

blue_light

This was a really fun game and I really enjoyed the game while it lasted. Thanks to Rev and Avatar for hosting.

Sorry to all the people that I deceived in the game, it's nothing personal, though it really makes you wonder how much power the controller of the village channel and village spreadsheet has.
  6. Flounder

Flounder

WHY I'M NOT HERE

good game everyone, though
    heil fishin
  7. RBG

RBG But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

here are my fake role PMs i used:
    Used that one for less than half a night. Damn you fishin for false claiming the same president I did

Jedil claimed later game he believed this because it had the word "however" in it which serenity apprently used a lot.
  8. McGrrr

McGrrr Facetious
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I followed Jedil to defeat.

That, and Rev wouldn't play ball with letting me win for no reason.

Therefore, I blame my loss on:

[x] Jedil
    [x] Rev
    [ ] My forum mafia skillz
  9. Jedil

Jedil FUCK TIGER

yeah revvy abused Hence. :x

edit: mcgraw ilu <3
  10. Thunda

Thunda

Same thing happened to me as Golbat, the obscure (or so I thought) president which I claimed ended up being in the game.

At first I claimed this:

Then was forced to change to this:

blue_light was great. We faked a log where I 'cracked' and confessed to being Lenin. Don't believe Jedil, they all fell for it ;)

ps. this game was a lot of fun, good hosting rev
  11. Veedrock

Veedrock

When I said 'convert,' I didn't mean convert into my faction. I meant just marking people, like Bass in Bird mafia and Misaki in Element. People took it way out of context and overreacted (seriously, if you keep a level head and realize I'm not stupid enough to really claim some broken role, we wouldn't be here). I even idled just to be safe so I could claim to mark somebody (Jedil) and let people see I was harmless. But nooooo. I know I messed up, but it's not near as bad as what people make it out to be -_- I had no control over the village's (stupid) panic.
  12. moi

moi

pick better word next time
  13. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lol veed what are you talking about!?!? the village acted perfectly. they got rid of one of the most destructive players in the game who made a stupid mistake. Man up
  14. GreenPikachu

GreenPikachu pumpkin pieco
    is a Contributor Alumnus

i don't quite understand my rating. you gave me no role, so what could I have done?

and i knew who the mafia was, lol.
  15. blue_light

blue_light

Here's my fake if anybody is interested:
    Also this is what I said after I got kidnapped
    Pretty ridiculous, but somehow it worked.

Btw, I don't know how many people Veedrock claimed his role to, but I pretty much spread all the rumors about him being a cthulu despite me thinking that he was most likely some kind of harmless neutral. Funny thing was that when I told billymills this he said I was spreading rumors. Then 10 minutes later when I told Misaki-chi about Veedrock she said that she had heard that I was spreading rumors, which eventually led me to suspect that she and billy were in the same mafia.

This was the village spreadsheet
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rJsh-ZPOHN2gXTZGinRPaMQ

The village channel was #FYeah.
  16. Veedrock

Veedrock

I only claimed to blue_light and Jedil, since they were the only people to approach me. I believe I had Jedil convinced (I made it clear to him that it was harmless), and like blue light posted he was pretty much convinced too. It was his propoganda that got me nailed, so I guess I can't blame the village for overreacting since it wasn't exactly me that caused it. I said I messed up, but again control of the situation was out of my hands. I dislike that everyone is going "lol Veedrock sucks at mafia" when I didn't really do anything wrong (besides give the wrong info to the wrong person).

Anyways, just read through the rest of the ratings. It was ironic though, blue_light told me I may as well had claimed Hilter, and then the real Hitler dies N1. I found that pretty amusing. Good stuff, thanks for the good game Rev.

Oh, and lol no Flounder.
  17. GTS

GTS

For the record, I didn't forget, I just sent only to Avatar.

Here was my false claim, though only 1 person other than my team saw the full thing.

18. Fishin

Fishin
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Coming out and claiming a communist or something like that makes you pretty suspicious right from the start, though. Someone that converts US Presidents to Communism just sounds suspicious.

I didn't mention it but I was actually pretty disappointed I died so early, this seemed like a really fun theme. From what I understand, Bluelight convinced McGraw/the rest of the village that I was suspicious and to use his one-shot kill on me (reason being not that I was suspicious, but that he was mafia so he wanted to waste the villager's kill), which was rather ironic considering he claimed the exact same role. I guess I should've been more aggressive about trying to talk to villagers, but oh well.

What? Teddy Roosevelt was pretty awesome, I was expecting him to be vigilante. See here for details:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15895_p5.html
  19. Serenity

Serenity

He was twin. I think Jedil was the vigilante and Earthworm would have been the lone psychopath type of role.
  20. blue_light

blue_light

What ever happened to those awards? =)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)