Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest Salac to be able to outspeed Base 130s as well as ScarfTran, which would come in on your Flamethrower. You can't always guarantee that you will have a sub.

Pokemon:Infernape

name: Encore Subber
move 1: sub
move 2: encore
move 3: CC/flare blitz/focus punch
move 4: flare blitz/SD
item:liechi/salac/life orb
ability:blaze
nature(s): jolly
evs: ordered in 0/252/6/0/0/252
What this set does is that it sets up with a sub by switching in to things apes counter, then either attack or encore if your opponent's ape counter deosn't attack, then fire off attack with out fearing getting hit, keep subbing if you cannot kill the poke in one attack until you get your berry, by now your blaze activates and can cripple a good 70-80% off max def max hp gliscor with flare blitz.
basically the only thing that sets encoreape apart from encorezam is swords dance / nasty plot, so you really should be abusing those. on another note, I once tried a encore / sub / sd / mach punch guy, but it didn't work very well.

Pokemon:Aerodactyl name: Prior Shuffler
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 3: Roar
move 4: Whirl Wind
item:Focus Sash
ability:pressure
nature(s): jolly
evs: 252 hp, 252 atk

It just makes you switch before you can even make a move, pretty bulky, able to suvive a Ttar's ice beam with more than 40% left with out sand storm.
Why would you need attack Ev if it has no attack?
LOL LOL ROFL
You put attack too as you can see, maybe you should edit it. Also the idea isent a new one, and dont double post.

Alakazam @ Flame Orb
Timid - Synchronize
24 HP / 248 Def / 236 Spe
- Trick
- Encore / Knock Off
- Substitute / Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Basically, you fuck up everything that gets in your way. Between, Synchronize, Trick, and Thunder Wave, you will be statusing a shitload. Taunt and Knock Off will help your team a lot. Combining Taunt and Encore will cripple set-upers. Taunt their move, Encore their Stuggle, simple.

Alakazam @ Flame Orb
Timid - Synchronize
24 HP / 248 Def / 236 Spe
- Trick
- Encore / Knock Off
- Substitute / Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Basically, you fuck up everything that gets in your way. Between, Synchronize, Trick, and Thunder Wave, you will be statusing a shitload. Taunt and Knock Off will help your team a lot. Combining Taunt and Encore will cripple set-upers. Taunt their move, Encore their Stuggle, simple.
Unfortunatly Synchronize happens before the Orb kicks in, so you have to stay in for one turn, I just don't see a burnt alakazam lasting long enough to do the things you mentioned.
Ben

It doesn't. That's not the point. You get statused, and Synchronize it back. The next thing come in, you Trick Flame Orb onto that pokemon, it will activate at the end of that turn.

It doesn't. That's not the point. You get statused, and Synchronize it back. The next thing come in, you Trick Flame Orb onto that pokemon, it will activate at the end of that turn.
I get what your saying its quite obvious what its suppose to do. Trick the orb and can use synch to its advantage sometime when taking status. Did that warstory inspired you to make this set even though there not the same.

What warstory?

EDIT: Oh, that one. I already had a TrickScarfer Zam (from the Analysis), but I wanted to make a set that focuses on crippling enemies.

What warstory?

EDIT: Oh, that one. I already had a TrickScarfer Zam (from the Analysis), but I wanted to make a set that focuses on crippling enemies.
Yea I know theres one in there, I just thought that maybe that gave you the idea to make a different one.

"Choice Scarf"
Ninetales @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power Rock
- Energy Ball / Toxic
I tested this out for a lead in my one UU team, and I have to say, this set is really good. It surprises most leads around, and can often generate an early KO.

Name: Wall-Doll

Claydol @ Leftovers

Careful - Levitate

Cosmic Power
Toxic
Rapid Spin
Rest

252 / 0 / 36 / 220 / 0 / 0

This set operates as a nifty counter to standard Zapdos and bulky waters that do not carry Rest. The given EVs hit 241 Speed, beating max Speed Swampert and most Milotic and Suicune. Standard Zapdos' HP Ice hits for 35% or less, making it a 4HKO with Leftovers recovery accounted for. It also beats Cresselia that opt for Moonlight over Rest. This set works wonders in PP stalling, as Rapid Spin with 3 PP Ups has 64 uses. As a spinner, it avoids all Spikes and resists Stealth Rock. This set is walled by Steels and Gengar, but can often run their move of choice out of PP provided it has 2 Cosmic Powers under its belt. Heracross and Tyranitar still do enough to 2HKO after multiple Cosmic Powers. OU exclusive players generally hit Claydol with Special attacks, despite his 120 base Special Defense.

Name: TrickyTurny

Cacturne @ Focus Sash

Adamant - Sand Veil

Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Encore*
Focus Punch

4 / 252 / 0 / 252 / 0 / 0 /

This set is fun to use. Cacturne is very frail, so this set generally works against Dragon Dancers, Swords Dancers, and the like. Either send Cacturne in after one of your Pokemon faints, or switch him in on a Support move. If you predict the other guy will attack you, Swords Dance, and then Sucker Punch after Sash saves you. If you predict a switch, Focus Punch. If you predict a support move, Encore, and then Swords Dance or Focus Punch. Sucker Punch OHKOs Garchomp after a Swords Dance with SR support. With good prediction skills, this set can potentially sweep a team 6-0.

*I'm not sure if this is just legal on Smogon's server, as the official server did not allow Encore on him.

New idea for Toxicroak...

Naive nature (Spd+, SpD-) with Life Orb Attached
Max out attack and speed EVs and dump the rest into SpA.
-Sucker Punch
-Cross Chop
-Rain Dance
-HP Water

Let me explain:

Toxicroak needs a +Spd nature to sweep and Life Orb for that extra kick because his Att stat is just ok without a boost. Sucker Punch for priority move and Cross Chop for a strong stab move. Rain Dance to restore hp lost by life orb recoil AND to power up the HP water that would be great for defensive ground/rock types that love to switch in to Toxi. EVs might need a little rearranging, but I didn't want him to lose too much from Spd and Att.

Thoughts?

I've used this guy to great success:

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb/Wise Glasses
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 210 HP, 48 Spe, 252 SpA
Nature: Modest
-Tri Attack
-Agility
-Dark Pulse/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
-HP Fighting

This little guy has enough HP to survive a Mamoswine's LO Earthquake, and OHKO back with Tri Attack. It makes a great late sweeper. Bring him as the foe switches, or whenever you can. Better if he doesn't take any damage. Agility, and sweep. This guy is pretty durable, to garuntee you get an Agility in. Wise Glasses can be an option so you don't die out from Life Orb. HP Fighting and Thunderbolt hit every steel type except Bronzong for super effective damage. It works better than Scarf, not only because of being able to switch attacks, but also can have a boosting item!

On Cosmic Power Claydol, use something other than Rapid Spin, which doesn't really fit with the set well. I'd use Earth Power or Earthquake to hit most Pokemon that are immune to Toxic, and as a general damage move in case you need to attack something for whatever reason.

Stathakis said:
basically the only thing that sets encoreape apart from encorezam is swords dance / nasty plot, so you really should be abusing those. on another note, I once tried a encore / sub / sd / mach punch guy, but it didn't work very well.
Or maybe Infernape has completely different typing, giving it different (and better) STABs and resistances, and much better physical defense?

except niether can really take a hit. it's like going from absymal to bad. not that big a difference.

but I see what you're saying. mainly the part with the stabs. but otherwise, alakazam is faster (which is important for encore) and hits harder. the speed really is the selling point.

Most Pomemon in the 110-115 range will be hitting both of them extremely hard anyways, where they won't be able to Encore easily.

And Infernape's defenses aren't as bad as you claim. Sure, he won't be switching in on Earthquakes or CB STAB neutral attacks, but he can take weaker hits quite easily with HP investment (read TheMaskedNitpicker's warstory in the archive, where he could have lived through Jolteon's STAB Thunder if it were not for the crit).

Infernape also has better resistances to play with. Though he's not going to be able to switch into them too many times, you could get away with him switching into, say Tyranitar Crunch, or Heracross Megahorn, or possibly Heatran Fire Blast.

Although Alakazam does have the advantage of rather good special tanking capabilities. I posted an Alakazam set here with max HP and Recover, and showed some SpD calculations that surprised even me (taking only about 63% from Heatran's Fire Blast, being 3HKOed by Starmie's Surf, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)