All Gens Post-SPL set dump

I stole this op from the nu forum!

Now that SPL is basically all but over, you can share any ideas that you had during the season but were holding on to.

Feel free to include a description, especially if the set is unorthodox.

If someone wants to tag all the old gen players from this season feel free but I'm doing this on my phone to please Jirachee (fuck you) and it's a pain in the dickhole!

I don't know why this set hasn't caught on yet so I will bless the ADV community with this nilo creation:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 80 Atk / 68 Def / 120 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Wish
- Protect
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch / Psychic

This was made around this time last year. I use it on two Tyranitar / Aero offenses, you know, those teams that dominate ADV right now. Well, it just so happens that this set happens to fuck those teams. The team I normally use uses Fire Punch, but Psychic is fine if you can deal with Spike setters and u wanna fuck Gengar.

Take a sample TSS offense: Swampert / Skarm / Gengar / Ttar / Aero / Lax.
Jirachi naturally provides a great answer to Aero, something every offensive team lacks. You can switch into 3/4 of Aeros move, and Jira heals up your bulky waters. What is switching into your Jirachi after you switched in on that Aero Rock Slide? What's catching this fucking Body Slam? Lax is probably super weakened or dead since people tend to boom it early / over rely on it to deal with special attackers on these types of teams. If Lax isn't dead you just paralyzed a Lax. also, what the fuck is a boom lax doing to Jirachi if it doesn't have EQ besides killing itself?-- don't worry homie you're gonna be ok. Anyways, my experience says they aint going to lax. What normally happens is they go to DD / CB Tyranitar cause they want offensive momentum. "Man, even if this Jirachi is CM offensive with HP Grass it can't even ohko me after +1 and I'm finna hit em with this eq". Then u surprise the fuck out of them and paralyze their sweeper. Get fucked brah. They go to Skarm trying to Whirlwind u? Paralyze that fucker and deal a nice 35% to it. It should be low if you're using this Jira on an offensive team like me. I have thought about using it on a stall tho... They bring in Swampert you paralyze that fucker. Paralyzing a Pert makes your Tyranitar and Aero way more dangerous.

And while you're fucking these offensive teams, you're also checking a FUCK TON of threats. I'm talking Mixed Mence, I'm talking Sub CM Raikou b/c body slam is EVd to break its subs, i'm talking offensive zapdos, i'm talking other shit i'm not thinking about because i don't really play pokemon anymore. For the harder to handle offensive threats, like celebi and jirachi and suicune, u gotta have the nilo plan. u wanna body slam the latter two so that your fucking CB aero is gonna finish them off. For the former ur fucked since it has natural cure--just go to tyranitar or aero bro that's more than enough. Ur also fucked if they have Sub CM Cune. I run Zapdos tho so get fucked right back u piece of shit. DID I MENTION U FUCKING OWN DUGTRIO SINCE U LIVE EQ, BODY SLAM THEM, PARALYZE THEM, AND NOW THEY'RE FUCKED. DID I MENTION THAT YU ALSO BEAT ALL NON-TWAVE NON METAL SOUND MAGNETOn, AKA THE MAJORITY OF MAGNETON? I ONCE BEAT MAJIN'S FULL HP RESTALK MAG WITH PSYCHIC > FIRE PUNCH. GOT 2 SPECIAL DEF DROPS, MADE HIM SCARED, PREDICTED HIS SWITCH TO TTAR, PARALYZED THAT FUCKER TOO. GG BRUH

Hopefully you fools look at my 2-7 record and ignore the blessing I've bestowed upon you. The real will recognize the realness and spam this shit, keeping alive the memory of a once half decent danilo

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Nice.

I'm not the most creative dude set-wise but there's a few newer things I really like that I don't think a lot of people use or have used in a long time.
BW:

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 144 Atk / 156 SpA / 208 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

This is normally a set you'd see in DPP but I really love to use it in BW. I used it in the first two weeks. I've always hated SR + Pursuit Tyranitar as I feel as if it tries to do too much and as a result fails in every aspect of its job. I don't really like the Sash set either as I'd rather have Tyranitar stick around as a safety against other weathers. Enters Expert Belt Tyranitar. The objective of this set is really simple; judging the situation, you can use the appropriate attack or your hazard if you feel there's no value in keeping whatever surprise you could have in bank. The coverage it runs is actually really hard for a lot of teams to deal with. Both weeks I used it, it was in conjunction with Choice Scarf Landorus-T which not only takes advantage of having a Skarmory worn down or whatever, but also lets Tyranitar bluff a Scarf set (most people would assume SR Lando-T + Scarf Tyranitar, from my experience) which really improves the effectiveness of this set.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpA
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes

Not something I've used during SPL but I planned on doing so if my opponent's playstyle hated Toxic Spikes. I'm not sure I've seen anyone use Nidoqueen since BW1 lol. It's a pretty good Pokemon though, as Toxic Spikes are really short on viable users and Tentacruel gets boring. Roserade isn't really good in my opinion, I think it's too frail. The main reason I wanted to use Nidoqueen is because the Ground STAB allows it to scare away grounded Poison types as well as Steel types, while also hitting a lot of flyers hard with Ice Beam, thus pretty much guaranteeing you poison something. It also switches into Terrakion pretty nicely, even the CB set, thanks to that sweet bulk, which is pretty hard usually (not giving a fuck about the random HP Ice is great.) The EVs are there so Latias is forced to constantly Roost if it wants to stay alive (Ice Beam will 2HKO it after SR or 2 rounds of Sand. Also 2HKOes Latios without needing anything.)

EDIT: got a few more sets...

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dual Chop

This. This is the real shit. CB Garchomp isn't something I see often in BW but god is it good. If you want to see just how ridiculous this set is, check out my week 1 game vs peachy where it almost killed a Landorus-T on turn 3 then took 50% off a Scarf Jirachi the turn after. With an Adamant nature it's just unstoppable. What I like about this set is that not only is it great against Sand balance teams, but it also does a lot of work against offense squads early game. Sash Breloom leads are OHKOed by Dual Chop, which is one of the coolest things about it (don't use Jolly or it becomes about a 50% roll.) I like to pair this set with a Psychic cleaner because they tend to share similar answers, oddly enough.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

I think this set is Aqualouis's, and ironically enough I only used it against him. It's an excellent set though. Slowking doesn't really needs more than max HP to be a solid Rain answer which allows it to use its unusual offensive movepool as an effective pivot. Fire Blast roasts Ferrothorn and non-sdef Celebi who might think they're safe from a weak defensive Slowking. In addition it doesn't give a fuck about traditional Water answers like Rotom-W. It isn't easy to trap either which makes me think it's a pretty safe Keldeo check. One of the better non-OU Pokemon in my opinion ^_^

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
not until you update the usage stats McMeghan >:O

also really danilo that looks like a pretty standard Wish Jirachi minus using a random coverage move instead of Flinch Head (but Wish Jirachi is a sorely underused fucking boss)

BW

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- ThunderPunch
- Hammer Arm
- Explosion/Bullet punch

Probably one of my best Metagross's set in bw, these days i used to play it a lot in my teams because it is litterally broken when it comes to do damage, Metagross is a solid wall breaker that can take advantage of Latios/Tyranitar/Ferrothorn/Reuniclus/Jirachi and even scizor (since meteor mash 3HKO it), nothing can really beat that set assuming that you're forcing some plays, it also used to lure many physical defensive mons such as hippowdon (70-80% on explosion)/skarmory (absolute OHKO after Stealth rock) and it's almost OHKO against reuniclus with Explosion. Plus lets not forget that 20% boost which can just make it hard for your opponent to check/come in and most of time he will have to sac something for this. You can use bullet punch if you lack of priority in your team but explosion is definitly the best move you can use in that last slot.

tl;dr
Solid Sand Breaker
Versatil (No one can rlly counter that set)
Good lure and partner to thing like Salamence/Dragonite/Stoutland/Latios/Gyarados ect.. (because it beat most of steel type)

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fr*ck you BKC i already had a post SPL discussion thread typed up I wanted to post actually post SPL.

Anyways I only used really one decent unconventional set this SPL which was in Game 2 vs. Lutra. Iirc it got basically no action:

Starmie
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Hydro Pump is an underrated move, especially in endgame scenarios. Good chances for a 2hko on Tauros, 3hko on Snorlax, 3hko on Zam, an actual Ohko on Golem to not get exploded on, and doing around 20% on Chansey if you are in a pinch are quite big rewards I am willing to take forthe shaky accuracy, not to mention how hard hydro crits even hit. The team I used it on was based around luring Chansey to take it out (sing lapras, Lax) because if you succeed doing so 3 attacks Starmie is able to wreck teams. The fallback is that this starmie has basically no business switching into things too often and loses alot defensive utility I was willing to trade for extra firepower. Offensive Starmie works surprisingly well vs. teams that drop chansey, because they have to let zam take hits, which it won't be able to very reliably. You have to pair it with a chansey lure or abuser though, sing chansey, sing lapras, etc. Generally it's a cool surprise move to use over twave or some weaker stab because people will not expect it and think they can leave their lax in and explode it or switch in their zam. I've seen another pretty cool surprise move on starmie but I don't want to spoiler that for someone else.

I also used a lure lax in gsc which was Bslam Fireblast Lovely Kiss and Selfdestruct but I came to the conclusion that the set is pretty shitty vs stall teams, aka the teams it's supposed to cripple. The idea was to boom on miltank/suicune/umbreon and keep skarm out with fireblast, para ttar and sleep everything else. It's just that this plan will never really work out and using that set/team in a really important match was probably not my brightest moment. Oh well.

Swampert @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

(EVs to outspeed 92 Speed Skarmory, feel free to change it).
I made this set a year ago when I was searching for good offensive cores. It did extremely well in the few matches I used it and was suprisingly very effective. The two main jobs of the set are :
  • To attract + lure Scizor (BulkySDRoost)'s main checks/counters (Zapdos / Rotom-A / Skarmory)
  • To break those balanced/bulky offensive teams with the following schema : Zapdos / Jirachi / Starmie / Ground / Grass / Filler, for example :

The most annoying mons for this set are Celebi (Recover) and Abomasnow (who takes the Water + Ground + Ice combo). Special walls like Blissey wall it pretty easily but they usually don't come on it (in full stall, people prefer to put their Skarmory for free Spikes).

Here are some calcs if you're doubting of its effectiveness :
(I won't show you how strong this thing is when Torrent is activated, that'd be scary)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 264-312 (68.9 - 81.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 280-330 (73.1 - 86.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 264-312 (82.2 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 280-330 (87.2 - 102.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 219-258 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 322-379 (96.4 - 113.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-H: 229-270 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Hydro Pump vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 182-215 (56.8 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 176+ SpD Venusaur: 196-232 (53.9 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Swampert Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 208-246 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Some GSC unorthodox sets I used in this SPL:

Thanos (Snorlax) (M) @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Self-Destruct

I used this set vs Colchonero (week 1) and vs IFM (week 8) with good results in an explosion team. It lures Skarm + Growler/Charmer combo, and is especially useful with other cursers that want Miltank and Umbreon removed. EQ can also work instead of EQ since a +1 boom will kill +0 Skarm.

The Missy (Misdreavus) (M) @ Leftovers
- Toxic
- Thunder
- Destiny Bond
- Pain Split

No, this is not the typical perish trapper set, and it is really good in a toxic stall team, walling any non EQ Snorlax, spreading Toxic vs things like Tyranitar or Raikou, and probably taking out a threat with a surprise DBond. You can also use Thief to remove Lefties (really useful vs the common Steelix explosion teams, since a non Lefties Steelix will easily die to Spikes), Hypnosis to sleep something by surprise, or things like CR and Protect. It is also a great spin blocker, which makes Spikes + Toxic a really good strat with this Missy set.

The Dnite (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
- Body Slam / Sleep Talk
- Reflect
- Haze
- Rest

This monster walls 50% of OU, including nearly every curser, most Vaporeons and even Snorlax most of the times (Snorlax can win with paralysis or if it has no Sleep Talk and Dnite is sleeping). It sets up reflect to support the team (BDLax is really good with Reflect etc), and it removes all the boosts the opponent might have. This dnite set + a heal beller + BDLax is a very solid stall team strategy.

Some ADV unorthodox sets:

Ghost Realm (Gengar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 96 HP / 96 Atk / 96 Def / 40 SAtk / 180 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Explosion

This set was used by KG in his game vs Golden Sun. The basic idea was to make it look like a classic stall team (Spikes + WoW GGar, etc), just to surprise a special defensive wall with an explosion, so something like a 3 attacks Starmie could sweep in the late game. It can still act as a check vs things like DDgyara or even DDtar (it is faster after a DD unless jolly DDtar and it can burn it)

Heracross (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 168 SDef / 72 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Focus Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is a husk creation and a monster as a tank and as an offensive threat.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 164 HP / 196 SAtk / 148 Spd
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
- Rest / Baton Pass

Zapdos lead that works very well with DDtar. It outspeeds Adamant Salamence and non Jolly Flygon, and kills them with HP Ice, as well as doing a lot of damage to things like Celebi. Toxic is especially good vs Swampert, and it can help DDers like T-Tar or Mence, since Swampert will either slowly die to poison or it will force Swampert to rest, allowing them to sweep more easily.

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

(the only Pokémon who had the coolest sprite in gen 1)

Gengar
-Hypnosis
-Explosion
-Night Shade
-Counter

Counter on Gengar seems like an absolutely ridiculous idea in RBY. Counter can only be used after being hit by a Normal or Fighting type move - the type of moves that Gengar doesn't give two hoots about. This set was a big part of my win game 1 vs. Hantsuki though, so an explanation is required for sure.

Counter in RBY works on the following premises (simplified).
Counter works if the last move used by your opponent was a damage-dealing move that was of the Normal or Fighting type.
The damage that Counter Counters is equal to the damage dealt by the last move used in battle, times two.

Sharp readers may note that Counter doesn't have to be used on the same turn that the opponent uses the Normal/Fighting attack, and that Counter isn't required to be used by the Pokémon that took the attack. This gives us the following hypothetical scenario:

Tauros (in play) + paralyzed Chansey + Exeggutor vs. Snorlax (in play) + unrevealed Gengar with the above set

Tauros uses Body Slam and Snorlax uses Selfdestruct, killing both Tauros and Snorlax. Player 1 sends out his Exeggutor, Player 2 sends out his Gengar. Gengar here has a very obvious threat of using Hypnosis to level the playing field, so Player 1 goes Chansey to block the sleep...and eats a full force Counter from Gengar, OHKOing the Chansey even if it would be at full HP.
This also works if your opponent uses Explosion versus you.

First of all, fuck rby top 4, I prefer to use pokemons I like n_n

RAMPOLLO (Dodrio)
- Substitute
- Drill Peck
- Hyper Beam
- Body Slam

Use this with paralysis support, Basically is a "flying tauros" with more Atk (and less speed/special/def). This thing has no fear of Exeggutor (fuck you Tauros and Snorlax, RAMPOLLO>u). Set is pretty standard, Substitute is for the surprise factor!

Some dmgs:
Dodrio Hyper Beam vs. Lapras: 199-235 (42.9 - 50.7%) -- 2.4% chance to 2HKO vs Tauros Hyper Beam vs. Lapras: 187-220 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Dodrio Hyper Beam vs. Exeggutor: 191-225 (48.6 - 57.2%) -- 94.7% chance to 2HKO vs Tauros Hyper Beam vs. Exeggutor: 179-211 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 41.5% chance to 2HKO

RE ERODE (Raticate)
- Super Fang
- Hyper Beam
- Body Slam
- Blizzard / Bubblebeam

This is my signature pokemon n_n Superfang is like a fucking good moves cause can be used on every fucking pokemon (eheh gengar ;)). Is really nice to support Snorlax and Tauros (doing a lot of dmgs on Slowbro/Exeggutor/Lapras/Cloyster/Articuno), this thing doesn't need paralysis support since the moment it outspeed stuff like Jynx n_n Hbeam/Slam are obv. Blizzard/Bubblebeam depends on what u preferr to hit. Blizzard is for exegg/freeze%, Bubblebeam does more on Golem/Rhydon

Here's some dmgs (Remember 50% with superfang n_n):
Raticate Blizzard vs. Golem: 165-194 (45.4 - 53.4%) -- 36.2% chance to 2HKO
Raticate BubbleBeam vs. Golem: 180-212 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 99.5% chance to 2HKO
Raticate Blizzard vs. Rhydon: 183-216 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- 17.3% chance to 2HKO
Raticate BubbleBeam vs. Rhydon: 200-236 (48.4 - 57.1%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO

Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Exeggutor: 158-186 (40.2 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO <- you're around 2hko (fuck 3%)
Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Slowbro: 133-157 (33.8 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Articuno: 142-168 (37 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Cloyster: 92-109 (30.3 - 35.9%) -- 44.6% chance to 3HKO
Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Lapras: 164-193 (35.4 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

AH, do not forget about his high speed and CH% ;)

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I planned to post something like this after SPL too, maybe even sharing/commenting on the teams I used. Will do so after my final game n_n

Nice thread.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Some stuff I used in ADV this season:

Aerodactyl (F) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Double-Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

To use as a CeleJump receiver. People often use AgiliGross as their SD Receiver, but I got the idea to use Aerodactyl because it has perfect coverage and direct speed, which means it absolutely destroys Offense once it gets the attack boost, especially with the Adamant nature. It also has a good defensive synergy with Celebi (resistances to Flying and Bug) which means it can get a Sub off the switch your opponent will make once Aero receives the boost (or vs. a HP Bug locked Dugtrio who tried to get rid of Celebi). Sub here has two purposes: blocking Intimidate should your opponent try to play around you to lower your attack; and activate the Salac boost if you need to outspeed a Jolteon/Offensive Starmie/Jolly Aerodactyl.

Funnily enough, using Aero as your CeleJump recipient means you can use Metagross as a partner, and it's a pretty damn good one, especially with HP Grass to weaken Swampert and the ever-useful Explosion to get rid of the Bulky Waters.

I first used a spread with a little more bulk and less speed than Adamant Aero to make sure I could spam Sub against it (and not risk Speed Ties), but it turned out I would rather get the speed tie would I not be able to baton pass to Aero and have to rely on it to pick off weakened/frail threats (Aero is still a potent sweeper against offense, even without the CB boost).
-----

Jirachi @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 HP / 30 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt / Fire Punch

Standard Superachi with a twist: Lum Berry instead of Leftovers. A lot of people try to play around Jirachi with Hypnosis Gengar or some form of paralysis, and given the very offensive nature of the team I used it in, I didn't really need the Leftovers recovery. I went with Lum Berry so I wouldn't be stopped in my track by a status. I also used Thunderbolt instead of Fire Punch once; altho Fire Punch is usually the superior option, Thunderbolt is an interesting option if you want to OHKO Aerodactyl at +1 (and it still has a good damage output on a lot of relevant threats).
-----

Magneton @ Salac Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SAtk / 208 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunder Wave
- Endure

When you use Magneton, you try to get the most out of it outside of trapping Skarmory (and Forretress if you use HP Fire, but it's not the case here). Most people only use Endure/Salac with Screech or in conjunction with Dugtrio to "surprise" trap a healthy Blissey or a Snorlax. I decided to go with Thunder Wave and I found it to be an excellent option when you run offense to get a surprise safety button against a threat which would be troublesome because it outspeeds your team (think Gengar, +1 Tyranitar, Adamant Aero, and the list goes on). The Salac can also be activated via clever switches in when Spikes are on the field (SpDef Skarm will get two off if you switch on it as it Spikes).

Finally, Endure protects you from a Dugtrio revenge kill, and I found it to be pretty great to further scout the opposing team (since Dugtrio is likely to switch out) and get more momentum on your side.
-----

Magneton @ Salac Berry
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 208 Spd
- Endure
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Reflect

Since I had used EndureSalac-Twave twice, I figured my opponents would catch on. I decided to use this set in a team more relying on set-up sweepers. Instead of an emergency T-Wave, you can get an emergency Reflect. Useful to set-up Tyranitar on two Earthquakes for example!
-----

Metagross @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Agility

So I got the idea to use this set when I was looking for potential late game cleaners which fit these conditions:
  • Immunity to sandstorm.
  • Access to Swords Dance and enough speed to outspeed Jolly Aero/Jolteon with a Sailak Boost.
  • Alternatively: access to Agility and enough attack to be a potent threat with a Liechi Boost.
This Metagross set has been one of my favorite of mine lately. Its typing allows it to set-up so easily in late game situations (think Choice-locked resistances) and its natural bulk backs it up should you have to set-up on pretty much anything. It destroys a ton of Offenses if you took the time to weaken/get rid of the bulky water(s). Icing on the cake: Clear Body makes it impossible to play around you with Intimidate to lower your attack. The only thing that sucks is relying on Meteor Mash accuracy to clean games.
-----

Omastar (M) @ Mystic Water
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Grass]

I didn't get to use this one personally, altho I almost did! And Sam used it anyway when we switched spots. RD Omastar is a nuke, and it has a nice defensive bulk as well as a cool Rock Typing to get the RD off against common Pokemons such as locked Choice Banders. Mystic Water boosted Hydro Pump is unstoppable (I guess you could use Lum Berry but the boost is actually welcome). HP Grass allows you to not rely on HPump accuracy to hit Swampert and still hit Water-types, but it would suck to be walled by a Gyarados right?
Omastar Ice Beam vs. 252/0 Celebi: 210-248 (51.9 - 61.3%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 252/252+ Forretress in Rain: 319-376 (90.1 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 0/0 Jirachi in Rain: 324-382 (95 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 252/0 Metagross in Rain: 355-418 (97.5 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 252/0 Porygon2 in Rain: 340-400 (90.9 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 4/0 Raikou in Rain: 324-382 (100.6 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 252/60+ Regice in Rain: 155-183 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 252/252+ Skarmory in Rain: 293-345 (87.7 - 103.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 144/164 Snorlax in Rain: 258-304 (51.9 - 61.1%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 252/0 Swampert in Rain: 355-418 (87.8 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
Mystic Water Omastar Hydro Pump vs. 252/0 Zapdos in Rain: 355-418 (92.4 - 108.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Certainly appreciate a bit of chip damages on everything before going to town, but that's not hard to do in ADV.
----

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 202 HP / 172 SAtk / 136 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave

This right here might be my favorite Zapdos set right now, and one of the thing I like to run the most in ADV in general. People don't expect T-Wave at all and even if they do, it still allows you to nullify any attempt of set-up on Zapdos' face (looking at you DDtar and DDmence). It's a lot better than Roar in that regard because they are permanently crippled once they're paralyzed. Thunder-Wave is an amazing emergency button against a ton of threats that try to take advantage of Zapdos and give you a lot more room to play around them (adding CMRachi and late-game Gengar). One of my favorite choice for Offensive teams. Baton Pass is pretty good just to get the momentum going and ease prediction in general, but you can use different options here (such as Roar or Rest).
-----

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 202 HP / 172 SAtk / 136 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Seems like Mariano and I got the same idea. People typically switch Swampert on Zapdos once they discover you're using HP Ice, which makes Toxic in conjunction with it a really good option to cripple the swamp monster. Thunder Wave is here for the same reasons mentionned just above, but once again, there are different options (Baton Pass, Roar, Rest principaly).
-----

I also shamelessly stole the Gengar set MDragon posted and used it in the same kind of environnment (bulky team and WoW to bluff Explosion and clean with an Offensive Starmie). I'll eventually comment on some of the sets that have been posted in the thread so far.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
oh okay my bad 8) That just makes it all the more obvious not to have it then. jirachi is UBER anyway though amirite

I just cleaned out a lot of my lesser teams and did some work to consolidate my best ideas/teams yesterday. I'm not sure I have anything particularly innovative that is actually good in the realm of GSC. Dual Screens Zapdos team won but the inability to hit dumb Steelix didn't do me any favors. :[ I think a Reflect/WW Zapdos in the vein of Raikou would work well though. Obviously you don't have the same special resiliency, namely the ability to switch into and WW out fellow Raikou/Zapdos, but the lack of Ground weakness also doesn't bring the risk of pulling in something like Nidoking or Marowak and instantly reversing your momentum.

Toxic Starmie, perhaps. The typical set includes Reflect, to defend against Snorlax switch-ins and hard counter Machamp, or dual STAB. (Rapid Spin, Recover, two of Surf/Psychic/Reflect.) Instead I decided on Toxic, which beats or at least bothers typical Starmie switch-ins. It sorta does a combination of most of the things Surf, Psychic and Reflect all cover: Tyranitar isn't immune to it if you go for a Toxic on Cloyster, Misdreavus can shrug off a direct attack long enough to force you out if it switched in to spinblock, it forces Snorlax to Rest before it can meaningfully boost. In addition, it's superior at handling things Starmie normally can't such as Eggy/Umbreon; it was instrumental in keeping AA Vaporeon in check in the matchup I used it.

Last week against Hill, I used Roar + Pursuit Tyranitar. Not sure how "innovative" that is but I don't think Roar is common on non-Curse sets. Hill did a good job of leveraging Forretress' natural advantage against Cloyster to win the Spikes war, however with mono-Lax he had trouble dealing with my Tyranitar. Even without Spikes, I was eventually able to wear down and kill Forretress by forcing it in with Roar repeatedly, using the threat of Fire Blast to force him to switch back out. Pursuit is normally used to snipe Eggy for Marowak or Ghosts for mono-Lax. Though it can also be used to chip at other stuff Tyranitar forces out, such as Zapdos or Skarm/Forry, the fact that Roar allows T-Tar to directly force them back in significantly hastens their demise. Roar forces that issue, plus it's a nice second look for Curselax if paired with Skarm to cover both FB + EQ variants.

Hello SPL players,
I'm not usually one to post without contributing to a thread but I felt the need to express how nice it is to have such a thread, for people like me to get a bit better at old gens and to understand the meta completely. When I see boudouche going into what his SpecsPert does and the kind of teams it beats in details, or all the innovation that's going on in ADV, it really makes me realize a good deal of things about these metas. So yeah, props for getting this project running, and looking forward to more innovation.

First of all, fuck rby top 4, I prefer to use pokemons I like n_n

RE ERODE (Raticate)
- Super Fang
- Hyper Beam
- Body Slam
- Blizzard / Bubblebeam

This is my signature pokemon n_n Superfang is like a fucking good moves cause can be used on every fucking pokemon (eheh gengar ;)). Is really nice to support Snorlax and Tauros (doing a lot of dmgs on Slowbro/Exeggutor/Lapras/Cloyster/Articuno), this thing doesn't need paralysis support since the moment it outspeed stuff like Jynx n_n Hbeam/Slam are obv. Blizzard/Bubblebeam depends on what u preferr to hit. Blizzard is for exegg/freeze%, Bubblebeam does more on Golem/Rhydon

Here's some dmgs (Remember 50% with superfang n_n):
Raticate Blizzard vs. Golem: 165-194 (45.4 - 53.4%) -- 36.2% chance to 2HKO
Raticate BubbleBeam vs. Golem: 180-212 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 99.5% chance to 2HKO
Raticate Blizzard vs. Rhydon: 183-216 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- 17.3% chance to 2HKO
Raticate BubbleBeam vs. Rhydon: 200-236 (48.4 - 57.1%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO

Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Exeggutor: 158-186 (40.2 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO <- you're around 2hko (fuck 3%)
Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Slowbro: 133-157 (33.8 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Articuno: 142-168 (37 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Cloyster: 92-109 (30.3 - 35.9%) -- 44.6% chance to 3HKO
Raticate Hyper Beam vs. Lapras: 164-193 (35.4 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

AH, do not forget about his high speed and CH% ;)
e7e like this

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Some more sets

RBY

Exeggutor (M) @ (No Item)
- Rest
- Psychic
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore

A defensive Exeggutor set that beats Tobybro and most psychic mons.

Chansey (F) @ (No Item)
- Counter
- Seismic Toss / Ice Beam
- Light Screen
- Softboiled

Light Screen means it will completely wall any special attacker in the game (it is the best tobybro wall in the game as well), while Counter beats normals, although T-Wave could also be used.

Zapdos @ (No Item)
- Rest
- Drill Peck
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt

Golem and Rhydon hard wall Zapdos? Zapdos can beat rocks with this set.

GSC

Thanos (Snorlax) (M) @ Leftovers
- Toxic
- Double-Edge
- Rest
- Flamethrower

Toxic Lax. A very underrated Snorlax set that works very well with Spikes support, that allows it to beat non Rest rocks, Miltank (only 8 heal bells) and Umbreon. FT hits steels (skarm, steelix) hard. It may not have Curse or BD or even SD, but I have swept so many teams with this Snorlax set.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Thunder
- SelfDestruct

ThorLax! D-E + Thunder kills Cloyster, and Thunder still hits Skarm hard. Something I used in the last week vs e7e with good success. EQ hits rocks and Steelix.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Light Screen
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

It cannot hit ground mons, but it is a great support for threats like Machamp, Marowak, Vaporeon...

Avalon (Gengar) (M) @ Leftovers
- Toxic
- Ice Punch / Dynamic Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond / Explosion / Rest

Similar idea than Missy set, but more offensive and with a ground and psychic weakness (which makes it weaker to things like EQ curse champ, EQ lax or psychic Starm). Toxic is very good vs Raikou and T-Tar, 2 very common GGar switchings that hate poison + spikes. DBond is always a safe stop vs any set upper that could threaten to sweep (especially useful with toxic). Rest gengar beats Umbreon (pursuit never 3hkoes)

Suicune @ Leftovers
-Surf
-Ice Beam / Toxic
-Rest
-Mirror Coat

Electrics lure

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
- Growth
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Acid Armor

Non Rest Vaporeon that works especially well with paralysis support (things like Stun Power Egg to paralyze electrics). Ice Beam beats Dnite and Egg, and it does a lot of damage to Zapdos, while AA lets it beat Snorlax.

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Cross Chop
- Rock Slide
- Light Screen

Light Screen Machamp might seem like a weird choice, but it is great with Vaporeon. Machamp attracts a lot of Starmies, that are a good Vaporeon set up fodder, especially with Light Screen. That means that Vaporeon will have a free Growth AND a light screen to beat the electric.

Golem (M) @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

Golom! A Rapid Spinner that can surprise Skarm and Egg with Fire Blast and with a very strong Explosion. It also hits ghosts very hard, so they cannot really Spin Block.

Alakazam (M) @ Leftovers
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Encore
- Recover

A pokemon that can beat mixed sweepers and that can stop set uppers or mons like ML Umbreon, while spreading Toxic. It could also use either T-Punch or Ice punch to hit Egg or Starm hard.

There are very good, solid and fun strategies in GSC that are not "standard". I hope this list of "weird" GSC sets can help you if you want to join the new old gens official tournament.

ADV

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 164 Def / 60 SDef / 4 Spd
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake
- Rest

Bulky DD Gyara that beats most of the common CMers (non hp electric Suicune, non t-bolt Jira and any Celebi)

Orion (Dugtrio) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SDef / 96 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Bulky Dugtrio that always survives an IB from Blissey and 2hkoes back. It can also always survive a Tyranitar EQ and a Magneton HP Grass/Ice.

Ty to McM for helping me improving the EV spread

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 100 Def / 60 SDef
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

A set used by Husk in his game vs McMeghan. Physical sweeper Celebi

Salamence (M) @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 116 SAtk / 140 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Silk Scarf Mence lures a CB to surprise steels and mons like Swampert

Last edited:

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 12 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Reuniclus (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

this is basically what won me the match against soulwind for finals. twave support + reuniclus is really awesome because it allows you to outspeed stuff like tyranitar (crunch), jellicent (taunt), reuniclus (cm war) etc. hidden power [fire] is useful for luring scizor, although this is a slot that can be changed. with spikes and twave support there aren't many things stopping reuniclus, and i think this was pretty clear on that match. the fact i ran 0 evs on speed were probably the reason why i didn't attempt to cm earlier, so i definitely recommend running like 8 or 12 lol.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
For GSC:

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Self-destruct

I don't know how innovative this is, but I used it in the last week. Sadly it got hit with LK and I couldn't show the set, but its general purpose is to break stall hard. Since most stall teams will be bringing answers to all variants of CurseLax, you target that answer by the early reveal of 1 coverage move (EQ/FB), then reveal the other down the road when it matters most. Similar to the ThorLax set posted above in that regard. Can cause huge swings in tempo, especially with a boom. I've done up to 3 for 1 trades due to this set. Obviously bad on defensive teams because it doesn't run Rest, but on teams with accompanying Explosion(s) it thrives. Use it to wear down the defensive core of the opponent to set up a sweep with others.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain
- Explosion

Hill kicked my ass with this set week 7. I think it's Brazilian in origin but who knows. I only see Brazilians playing it though. Giga Drain shits on Cloyster. It's a chance at a 3HKO and the recovery means you straight up win spikes war 1v1, something no other move does for Forry. Obviously lack of Toxic means you're switch bait for a lot of stuff but it fills a niche. Explosion because you aren't doing anything else worthwhile. I wouldn't recommend for a ladder setting (not that one would have to worry about that in GSC) but for tournaments where your opponent is an aggressive player and you can reasonably expect to see a Cloyster, it's a nice set.

Is papai noel's post a joke? Both those sets are common, and when you see one you expect the other. Para spam + CM Reun is nothing new.

BKC, post some of the interesting sets Picollo used? You had a hand in most of them.

Last edited:
Only posting ADV shit here. I'll go into DPP/BW in another post, where I will also discuss some of the lovely sets posted so far because that's lots of fun. For now...

The things I used:

king (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Hidden Power Grass

Offensive CM and SubSeed BP Celebi are all the rage in modern ADV but a good old-fashioned defensive set is still unbelievably solid, especially with all the HP Grass Zapdos to come in on. Its only issue is that Dugtrio kind of ruins its day, and that's where Reflect comes in. I think chaos hyped this set since it not only utterly destroys Dug (which alone is reason to use it) while easily slowing down the recently resurging Curselax but for a few turns it also makes the bulky water absolutely impossible for Tyranitar / Metagross / Flygon / Aerodactyl to leave so much as a scratch on. If you're wary of something funky like a Toxic you can afford to stay in and throw out a Leech Seed thanks to Reflect weakening their attacks to laughable levels. To further illustrate its massive bulk, CB Meta's Explosion is doing 81.7 - 96.2%, meaning at full health Cele has a good shot at surviving Sandstorm as well. A lot of teams rely on a (Curse) SD Snorlax to get Cele out of the picture and this set screws them over hard. It can't do everything itself of course - you're gonna need a reliable way to deal with Spikes, the lack of Calm Mind or Perish Song means you'll need to help it out a little in endgame scenarios against bulky last-mon setup dudes, and it isn't terribly useful against CM spam. However, it is incredible at bypassing typical ways teams have of taking it out, letting it stick around to piss things off with Leech Seed. Reflect helping its team out in the process makes it even more of a team player.

dark past (Magneton) @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 240 SAtk / 188 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Toxic
- Protect

Inspired by DPP Magnezone. On occasion Magneton can do some cool things not related to killing Skarm, I noticed this when it annoyed the shit out of one of my Jolteon teams I was testing against Nails in WCoP and eventually I got so frustrated I replaced my Aerodactyl, who wanted to throw out Rock Slides and Double-Edges but kept getting stuffed by a seemingly harmless Mag, with a Dugtrio. The Danilo / Dekzeh Jolt team similar to the ones I like to use has similar issues with it. ResTalk is alright and shrugs off Will-o-Wisp from non-Taunt Gengar but losing out on HP or Toxic really sucks, while Protect has amazing utility in scouting CB revenge killers that come in (Gon, Aero, Mence, healthy Tar and sometimes Gross, feasibly the rare Tauros!), building up poison damage, and gaining Leftovers recovery to improve survivability, most notably against Gengar. Forcing out CM Blissey is also amazing and often leads to a Toxic on something else they didn't want taking it, such as Claydol. It can definitely use more bulk (HP investment would help with playing Toxic + Protect games against Seismic Toss Blissey), I just like outrunning CBtar + Suicune/Metagross that beat CBtar. I have a dream that one day I'll Toxic a Porygon2, hit the Dug switch and get enough consecutive Protects for it to succumb to the poison.

vehemence (Salamence) @ Black Belt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Toxic

This is a fusion of Triangles' and Dekzeh's preferences on MixMence, one of my favorite dudes to use on offense for its blend of wallbreaking power and ability to check things thanks to its typing, serviceable bulk and Intimidate; it also gives me a sense of security against Heracross, a mon I'm usually terrified by. Toxic prevents Milotic and Zapdos from walking all over it as they would with HP Grass while still nailing Swampert, making their next switch into STAB Dragon Claw unpleasant. Black Belt's power increase seems minimal but in practice the extra damage Brick Break deals to Snorlax/Blissey/Regice/occasionally Tyranitar is extremely useful since they aren't really super comfortable taking it to begin with. Plus if you switch in with sand up you feign Choice Band and that 350 SpAtk Fire Blast on Skarmory could be the game winner. Of course it is sometimes hindered by the lack of Leftovers but at the pace played by the offensive teams this Mence is best on, it shouldn't be an issue. If it's really getting to be more than a slight inconvenience, you can slap on that trusty Jirachi of Danilo's!

On the same team I used this Mence I used the Zapdos MDrag and McM mentioned (Tbolt / HP Ice / BP / Toxic) and I confirm it's amazing. I wanted a Modest one but didn't feel my team required the increased longevity of ResTalk, so I decided I'd BP to keep momentum. I had a Tyranitar on the team so I wasn't gonna go the SubPass route since I'm not exactly a fan of sand-affected mons subbing with no recovery. I considered Agility (which is very unexpected and potent as a sweeper!) but I went with Toxic in the end so I could lure Swampert and not be walled by Pert + Gon/Cele combos.

vykoupení (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Toxic

Standard WishCM Rachi with a twist. Usually in the last slot you see Reflect, Fire Punch or Thunder. Toxic was something I came up with when frustrated by Jira's inability to touch Tyranitar (and the occasional Houndoom), Dugtrio can only do so much! I then realized it also beats CM Blissey and forces Psych Up Regice to Rest, meaning you don't have to waste a billion PP on them, and cripples Swampert / Flygon / Claydol. The Speed EVs beat Modest Magneton, Endeavor Pert, bulky SD Focus Punch Heracross and SubCM Suicune.

Small mention to Protect, a variant undisputed used on a team we made; it's meant to function sort of like Danilo's set in terms of longevity while still threatening to set up and sweep. Protect turns it into a decent check for the popular offensive Zapdos and helps get Leftovers back if Aerodactyl Earthquakes on the switch.

Other things I like:

Lunatone @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Lunatone is really cool with its ability to completely wall physical Salamence, do decently against Flygon and pass CMs while doing a lot of damage to the most common specially defensive phazer, Zapdos. It doesn't really have anything too great for the last slot; it's usually going to be Hypnosis and occasionally Substitute, both of which are nice and all but more often than not aren't going to be super useful, especially with the former's accuracy. Explosion lets it take on the role of Bliss/Lax/Ice surprise killer. Its low attack might seem off-putting but it's stronger than Regice and with Dugtrio in the wings there shouldn't be an issue!

Kabutops @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Endure
- Flail

An interesting choice for a physical offense team, able to abuse an Endure/Salac set with its immunity to sand, with powerful Flails and STAB Rock Slides jacked up by Swords Dance. Unfortunately it needs Jolly to outrun Aero/Jolt at +1 (although beating Hera/Cune/270s Zap and Mence without a boost is nice) but when it gets going it's pretty vicious.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 16 HP / 20 Def / 252 SAtk / 220 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

I first heard of this Danilo creation in late 2012 and was really intrigued, I originally built it on a trap team for immediate scouting against Salamence/Tyranitar leads and did well but it's best on offense. It plays similarly to SubPass Zapdos. Even with a neutral nature, its Hydro Pumps make Starmie and Suicune cry. I would love nothing more than to run Modest but outrunning most bulky Celebi and Zapdos is important, as well as Modest Magneton and Endeavor Pert (I creep a little on dudes who beat those, like bulky SD Focus Punch Hera). The HP EVs give it 101 Subs so you can pass against SToss Bliss.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spe
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

DD Nite gained some notoriety after reyscarface's heroics in SPL 4 but I'm very partial to this set. Get up a Sub and pound everything except a very bulky Jirachi. More Attack EVs can be used to lay the hurt on Swampert a little harder, I definitely recommend Spikes if you can fit them in though since they really help. Thunderbolt is an option if you're a wimp and want Skarmory/Milotic/Suicune/Metagross to shrug your shit off. Speed beats pretty much all defensive Celebi/Zapdos and gets the jump on Modest SubCune.

Well, this is nice, props to everyone contributing. The amount of innovation I see (especially in ADV), is insane, and it goes to show how no generation is truly stale, there are all sorts of surprises waiting to be seen. I've already earmarked a few sets (like Tox+BP Zapdos, BKC'S Reflect Celebi, McM's SubLiechi Meta) for use on my own teams. Anyways, just wanna say thanks, and it seems like I have.

(Will probably never play in a major team tour, but I'll still post incase some non - standard sets of mine work out in Tour/Classic)

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Garchomp @ Dragon Gem
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage

holy shit this set is so fucking good vs all the sand balance teams that are all over the current bw2 meta. you can either start up like 6-4 or 6-5 with SR down, sometimes even extreme shit like 6-3 or 6-4 with sr. adamant dragon gem lets u nab the ohko on so much shit that you would swear the designers of bw made the dragon gem with garchomp in mind. just a short list would be the ohko on max / max lando-t at +1, 252/252+ hippo at +2 which are the main reasons I started using this set in the first place, scizor at +2 , and skarmory at +4 after rocks. It still does all the same shit as normal lead chomp, but even vs offense where you can't grab a SD due to the lack of speed / focus sash or yache berry you still get a free 1 shot cb outrage which does cool shit like 2hko scizor with rocks down. anyway baller ass set that i really shouldnt be posting cuz its so good but I doubt I'll play stour serious and im too lazy to hold onto this all the way until wcop. ik chomper has a nice speed tier that you lose out on a little without jolly but as you'll see below adamant is super necessary.

calcs
+2 252+ Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 414-487 (98.5 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 339-400 (88.7 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 322-379 (93.8 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+4 252+ Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 274-323 (82 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 306-361 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 183-216 (51.8 - 61.1%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 122-144 (34.5 - 40.7%) -- 54.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 161-190 (46.9 - 55.3%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 108-127 (31.4 - 37%) -- 80.7% chance to 3HKO

+2 252+ Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 322-379 (79.7 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 255-300 (72.4 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Dragon Gem Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 363-427 (102.5 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO lol

savage

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
M Dragon's non-perish trap missy is bretty legit.

Toxic and Thunder Snorlax are dumb though, so's Giga Drain Forry when Toxic already beats Cloyster in addition to other stuff. :[ Yeah okay cool, the recovery is nice, so maybe you won't have to switch out of Surf, but you also don't put Cloyster on the clock and hitting Misdreavus is pretty important if you're in one of those matchups.

also if anyone posts reflect chansey for RBY they should be banned that shit is fucking terrible like some minimize cosmic power do-nothing clefable shit or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)