Post your favorite anime

I just searched this thread for Graveyard Kitaro and found nothing.

In conclusion, you all have no taste.

Okay well Don Honchkrorleone has good taste, watching Osamu Tezuka take a dump on his six years of medical training and make a story about a physician who operates on a fucking ghost was totally worth it. I like Franken Fran more though. Does that have an anime? It should.

Uhhh to name a few from the top of my head at no specific order:

Durarara!!
Full Metal Alchemist (Both, but preferred Brotherhood)
Baccano! (Possibly the most underrated anime ever)
Evangelion
Gundam (All, preferably SEED, 08th MS team, Zeta)
Toradora
Seirei no Moribito
Gurren Lagann

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lovely Complex

I have loved a lot of anime in my day, including many of the popular series mentioned thus far in this thread (Jump is my bible)-- this my friends is my all time favorite. Anime / Manga / Movie, whatever. I have watched every episode of the anime 30+ times. I have read every chapter of this manga (in the original Japanese), and all the bonus chapters, re-reading the main volumes 20x each. I even bough and read all the VIZ releases just to see how they translated them (and often enough, VIZ has to make new jokes to make the manga work, and I laugh my ass off all over again).

Sure, it may just be another shojo series-- but it is the shojo series that got me interested in shojo in the first place. Everytime I watch this, I have to re-stich myself because it's too damn funny.

Admittedly, I'd say that a good 30% of the hilarity comes from the fact that the entire series is in Osaka dialect (how awesome is that!). Even if you can't appreciate the linguistic humor though, I am sure this series is sure to please. I am now almost near-fluent in Oasaka-ben. ほんな事も結果的にめちゃめちゃええと思わへん!? 何ゆうてんねん!? 当たり前やんけ、しばいたるかアホ!?

edit: Also I hate anime-community culture's self-angst where the "cool kids" (amongst nerds) pretend to act cool by dissing popular anime popularly liked by wider audiences, or dis people who happen to watch dubbed dragon ball z or whatever. The shit is good, no need to diss what other's like.

edit: Also I hate anime-community culture's self-angst where the "cool kids" (amongst nerds) pretend to act cool by dissing popular anime popularly liked by wider audiences, or dis people who happen to watch dubbed dragon ball z or whatever. The shit is good, no need to diss what other's like.
Speaking of dubs, the only good ones happen to be DBZ and perhaps Black Lagoon. Also, the "popular" anime (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece) would be great except for the fillers.. >.>

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dub:

*Cue epic background music*
"Trunks . . . how bizarre . . . that boy has the same name as my son! Wait, a Super Saiyan from the future? He is my son! He has to be . . . unbelievable!"

Original Audio:

*wind noises*
"Trunks!? . . . Trunks!? . . . hahh!!"

. . . yeah, I think we know which of these is better. That's not even getting to the fact that Japanese Goku is a whiny bitch. He's also voiced by a woman (with ovaries!).

. . . yeah, I think we know which of these is better. That's not even getting to the fact that Japanese Goku is a whiny bitch. He's also voiced by a woman (with ovaries!).
This is what really bothered me. Two summers ago I rewatched the whole series with both the sub and dub version. Being the snobbish anime person I am, I chose to watch the subbed version. For the first half of the first episode --"

I've been watching The World God Only Knows and have been quite surprised that this show is actually good @_@!

The entire premise sounds absolutely retarded but they certainly pull through, the general consensus us that is show is better than it should be.

I've been watching The World God Only Knows and have been quite surprised that this show is actually good @_@!

The entire premise sounds absolutely retarded but they certainly pull through, the general consensus us that is show is better than it should be.
Manglobe did the animation work for this :)
Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8130

And House of Five Leaves turned out to be better than expected :D

Manglobe did the animation work for this :)
Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8130

And House of Five Leaves turned out to be better than expected :D
As long as it's The End of The World Arc. I will be happy...

Lots of dubs are really good. In fact I actually prefer Haruhi dubbed than subbed ,in my opinion, the characters personalities are better portrayed in the dub than the sub. *puts up flame shield*.

it's okay, I secretly like dubbed negima
You be trolling O.O
I never tried watching dubs for most anime, only the ones where reviewers specified that the dub might be better than the sub.

Speaking of dubs, Pokemon was great for the first season. My childhood show :)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Ah, season 1-- the season that actually had some semblance of direction and objective (in other words "story.") It was good as long as you could put up with Ash getting trolled by TR every episode.

I totally face faulted when I saw a YouTube cap from the beginning of Black/White Anime (ie. the newest season), where the announcer says, "Satoshi (Ash) from Masara (Pallet) Town, a 10 year old Pokemon trainer."

Wait wtf??? 10 years old??? Shouldn't he be like, 15 or 16 at least by now????

You be trolling O.O
No jokes, his voice held me captive like some sort of diabolical shrunken squirrel, also the faux english accents were hilarious.

I own the entire first season of pokemon on DVD, it's amazing, watched every episode this summer. I also went out and bought the Orange League on DVD, my other favorite season.

Hmmm...

Fullmetal Alchemist: Both versions have their merits. The first cartoon had a rather facepalm-worthy ending full of cliches, but the music is awesome throughout that series. The second series has nowhere near as memorable music (outside the theme songs), and the first 13 episodes are pretty much recap of what happened in the comics that was kept from the first one. However, I'm really liking the direction of the show now that it's been established that you cannot revive the dead (meaning that Sloth, the worst homunculi from the first cartoon, is not Ed's mom this time. What did she even have to do with laziness?). And the art-style shifts in the show help keep up the manga's humor.

Case Closed: I know. It's been on the air in Japan longer than Pokemon. By this point, Jimmy Kudo could've just waited to grow back up (twice), unless the poison kept him from growing beyond his size. I guess I'm a sucker for mysteries, especially when it includes a hilarious cast. It's probably the same reason I got pulled into the Ace Attorney series of games.

BECK Mongolian Chop Squad: I like rock music in general. I can't say I'm too knowledgeable about it (I only found out recently that Boston apparently doesn't perform well live), but it's great to listen to. The songs in BECK, for the most part, sound surprisingly natural in English, too. Of course, it's also interesting watching Koyuki growing up in a pretty normal life and then aspiring to be a musician. Kinda makes me want to try a little harder for my goals sometimes.

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Do movies count

does saying 'everything by Hayao Miyazaki ever' count

tell me it does. I need to hear it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)