1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Postgame] iMafia

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Jedil, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Jedil

Jedil FUCK TIGER

Scrubs - 8/10
    Really did a good job, n1 he inspected the hooker(mister militia) and they got together with lightwolf and ran the village. Night 2 was a big night he inspected junior who was a troll and on night 3 he got thunda the Meme leader. He played a really great game and was one of the biggest parts in the village win.

Nizik - 0/10
    Not much to say about nizik, he idled every night he did get in contact with the village but he didn’t do anything that helped his team.

Lightwolf – 8/10
    He led the village to a win he didn’t do much offensively but he did

bass – 4/10
    poor bass getting a limit, this role was really meant to mess with the people reading the announcements if bass posted something longer than 33 characters it would cut off which it did a few times and would end randomly like BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE. though bass didn't announce that much..

COTH – 5/10
    My favorite villager role it was suppose to be used incase the inspect or bg died to give them another chance. But he didn’t get to use his ability so alls he could do was get into contact with the village and wait for his chance that never came.

Toothache – 5/10
    Tooth did well there wasn’t much he could do except dodge kills which he never got targeted for a kill so it didn’t matter.

Umbreaon Dan – 5/10
    His bike search didn’t go so well since the person with the bike died after that he pretty much just became a regular villager. Got into contact with village etc.

Dak - 4/10
    Poor dak he had to post in german the whole game. He did get into contact with the village which pretty much led him to his death as stoo wanted to test out dak’s role by stealing his keyboard which made dak die.

blue_light – 6/10
    He did pretty much all a mayor could do. 1. Get into contact with villagers, 2. Vote the mafia.

McGraw – 7/10
    He really didn’t want to play this game, the only reason he did is because I made him. But he turned out to be a good player. He made a coin flipping tournament to determine his n2 target which ended up being jumpluff, but because Serenity had targeted him that night she saved McGraw from being silenced forever. And then the next night McGraw silenced Thorns who was with the memes.

Jumpluff - 9/10
    Jumpluff played this game amazingly, protected scrubs when he was targeted like twice for kills. She even used her light saber perfectly on KOTW revenge killing him for gmax!! Though she did idle a few times it didn’t really matter.

Stoo – 6.2/10
    Evil little stoo taking dak’s beloved keyboard and killing the poor germ(an) along with taking toothache’s BPV mic. Atleast he gave the mic to mister militia on the last night.

Mister Militia – 8/10
    You might’ve only made one mafia watch your videos but atleast it was thorns, he probably enjoyed them. You didn’t do much hooking but you did co-lead the village with lightwolf and scrubs. This was what, your first or second mafia game. You did amazingly.

trolls

Serenity – 7/10
    It was amazing that serenity and her team had lived this long. She had a pretty good claim though some thought it would be odd to give a person the ability to make someones vote count as x2 which if used on the mayor would’ve been 4.

Junior – 5/10
    Came to an early death but did all he could to help his team. He wasn’t that active other than sending in his action.

Macle - 7/10
    This was one of my favorite mafia roles, though it does appear broken I figured the villagers would’ve lynched off any neutral they met just in case. Macle didn’t do much he was their main killer since he is protected against anything really. And he even came with a fake role pm.

MS – 7/10
    Did a really good job playing lived a long time had a good fake role pm. Isy and I kinda screwed up early on and have to give him a double silenced, too bad he got hooked and never had a chance to use it.

Mysterious Memes

thunda – 3/10
    I don’t remember much about thunda except his horrible false role claim that stated he would win if he successfully stealth lynches. His team despite being the more powerful mafia died quickly

thorns – 4/10
    Well thorns got perm silenced by mcgraw on n3 so he knew his lynch was near. Also to make matters worse he had information on jumpluff being Star Wars Kid but didn’t use it effectively.

Amelia – 6/10
    Best meme, lived the longest and even tried to help the trolls by getting into contact with them. kidnapped mister militia on night 2 and n3 kidnapped MS making it so he could’ve use his double silence.

KOTW – 2/10
    Isy said he was a dumbass. I am going with this one. I mean he did brag about killing gmax and I remember he had a horrible false claim that made jumpluff use her lightsaber on him. He never stole anything and well atleast he died with the bike prevent umbreon dan from getting it.

Neutral Force

gmax – 7/10 (isy rated gmax 9/10)
    Man gmax.. If you would’ve lived you surely would’ve won. I mean you inspected dak on the first night who holds the keyboard. It is too bad you got killed by kotw who bragged about it.

lesm – 6/10
    He did get what he wanted; bpv and wolf. It was so funny because we randomized it and just started laughing at the result of you getting this role. Well you did live sort of long it was a shame because you died right when you got your killing ability.

link to spreedsheet http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtoY21DaHc83cnRITkU0TEVKV28wOC1IUTFFLXFGS3c&hl=en

Finally imafia is officially over no more people bugging me to write postgame.
    It was a fun game I thank you all for participating. I know this wasn’t the best postgame ever but I just wanted to get it done. Isy was lazy also :(
  2. Gmax

Gmax kuahahahaha
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

lol good job Jedil. This game looked fun, KnightOfTheWind is a retard, and congrats to the Outcasts for chalking up a village victory! I'd have had a p. guaranteed victory with both the keyboard and mouse in my hands by N1.

Thank you Jedil and Isy for hosting this game!
  3. Scrubs

Scrubs

Great game isy and jedil, glad I got to be apart of it:)
  4. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

Okay I would like to add few things here:

First nizik, after I don't know which night(I think it was n3) I started giving him orders who to target, sad he never did so

Then Toothache, he was a suspect early for claiming to be a simple villager as he claimed without his item, the sad thing was he didn't bother to claim with his item before I vanished

Next is McGraw, yeah sorry I never got to tell M_M or scrubs about you outing Serenity but come on your early claim to know mafia and saying you are working with them without even giving me a hint who it is was annoying. You shouldn't have gotten lynched though my vanishing led to that sadly(See comments on Rev).

On jumpluff, thanks to your help we quickly got KOTW killed

Next is Stoo, all that would go here will be explained in Serenity's

At last Serenity, half of her claim was explained already(she claimed Hazerider) though the important thing was left out, which would have got her lynched over McGraw. She claimed to have a one use item which hooks, I made Stoo to steal from her who got nothing, which nearly sealed her fate(I ws planning on testing Stoo again to make sure, and yeah dak died)

Ah macle, he was the only reason which made me think McGraw is real. His win condition had text in it which pointed towards the fact he was either real or got a natural fake. The thing is the numbers sadly made him clearly maf and the second hooker didn't help him.

Few words on thunda, I think his fake was the most believable of all(See the last comment)

KOTW, oh KOTW. Learn that you shouldn't send in send me your n2 reports when n1 just ended boy (to clear it up I PMed him, asked for his claim and reports and then told him what to do on n2, few minutes later he already had his results from n2 PMed to me) Also claimed to have the keyboard.

Gmax ;_;

Now I think after n1 ended my job has gotten too easy, with people having no idea about our wc and what exactly an outcast role would be. Amelia was the only person who was trapped by the win condition though(KOTW too but didn't matter in his case). The main flaw of the fakes were the chosen characters. Looking at the outcasts you can see how all of us were shown in some form on youtube videos. Hazerider, IGN Moderator had nothing to do between the outcasts in this case(This is why I said thunda's was the best fake, character wise, though Thorns is close second but his was kinda fucked by the fact that his role didn't affect the game at all)

That's it
  5. CardsOfTheHeart

CardsOfTheHeart

Yup, it got boring from over here... :(
  6. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

great game guys

did my role do anything besides have killing potential on KOTW? did I get an ability, something else to steal, etc?

also why is my name bolded on the spreadsheet?

edit: wtf was stoo faking that posting restriction
  7. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

These are some of the best role PMs I've ever read, despite using mostly overused jokes.
  8. Serenity

Serenity

When did you get him to steal from me? Since I claimed to have 'used it' on Night 2 or 3.
  9. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

I made him steal from you the night before I asked you to use it heh. You said ok to it, so it meant you still claimed to have it.
  10. Serenity

Serenity

Oic, that makes sense then I guess. I was gonna claim it got stolen too ffffffff.
  11. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Yes, I admit it, my performance really sucked. Still, it was valuable experience for future mafias.
  12. Jedil

Jedil FUCK TIGER

thank you mekkah ^__^. it took us a long time to make the pms (cos we were lazy)

also umbreon dan no. at first you were going to be a vig, but we thought that would've made the village too powerful so then we thought about maybe making him on a mission. you were a filer role just basically used to keep you from being a regular villager.
  13. Mister Militia

Mister Militia

I feel good about that as a first mafia. Once KOTW claimed he had his N2 results before it even ended (it was 2 days long and he gave us his "results" after 2, not 48 hrs). I suggested Jumpluff use her Lightsabre to destroy him to make up for the no lynch (though they probably would have come to the same conclusion). I didn't have too many hook targets at the end because I was trying to trap MS and Sernenity into killing Stoo. Little did I know they knew Scrubs was Inspect already, but couldnt do anything because Jump was BGing. Macle gave scrubs a result that looked like a hooker message, thats why we claimed we inspected COTH the night he died so no one would assume Scrubs was inspect. He stopped being "hooked" after so I thought it worked.

Good Game village. We were set early and never gave up control!
  14. CardsOfTheHeart

CardsOfTheHeart

I was useful for something after all. XD
  15. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

they even lied to me about that one :(
  16. blue_light

blue_light

We should have all lynched macle like I said, we would have owned that game even harder, -_-.
  17. Thorns

Thorns

hahaha after it was obvious we were gonna lose I teamed up with Stallion to attempt to murder the village but I failed
  18. Stallion

Stallion Winner of the "Smogon's Prettiest Girl of All Time" comp
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

It was a good game despite how hard it was for either mafia to win. Our spreadsheet was pretty damn good, and we had a few options for the bg but sadly, by the time I realised it was jumpluff, I was already inspected :(.

Gg guys, it was my first experience of being mafia and it was a fun one :). I had a great team, and we coulda gone even further had junior not been randinspected.
  19. Bass

Bass Brother in arms
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I didn't really have much of an opportunity to make my announcements remotely useful until Mister Militia devised a plan to use me to test Macle's claim. However, the game was already over before that happened.
  20. Amelia

Amelia

Lightwolf kept pushing me for a role pm, and i kept trying to delay it hoping to see an outcast dead pm, so i kept giving excuses like sucky internet and so on, even not going on mirc for a few days to give myself time. Finally in desperation i wrote up that David Sirlin role PM, but without a real PM to follow i was really screwed.
  21. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

Well I would say that kinda fucked you over, had you been more ready to reveal and did it like that other mafia and asked for my PM as a proof then you may have not ended up like that.
  22. Mister Militia

Mister Militia

LW did a good job pushing for roll PMs. Though I kind of agree w/ B_L we shoulda suspected Macle earlier.
  23. jumpluff

jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this was a fun game :D ilu isys and jedils. thanks guys and you give me too much credit in the postgame!
  24. Raikage

Raikage

I didn't play in this mafia but posting to say Bass' role was awesome as hell
  25. Stoo

Stoo

maybe, DICKS maybe

also posting to say that i probably killed more villagers than the mafia hehehe

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)