1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Postgame] Super Mario Mafia

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by matty, Jul 20, 2009.

1. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Mario Mafia Post Game
    Hosted by matty and Serenity.

Important / Interesting Happenings
    • The suspicion that moi brought upon himself during Night 1 caused 6 people to target him simultaneously but all of it failed due to the kidnapping by Shade. Unfortunately for moi, this would be his demise as the death of Shade would lead him to have the Death Mushroom which killed him two nights later.
    • Someone tried to claim frogfucious. Please explain to me who that is.
    • This game probably had the most new players ever seen in a single basic mafia. We had 5 players who had never played in a mafia before.
    • All kills during Night 4 were targeted at Jedil but Jimbo was redirected to Andenken who had just given away his Star Power (one time BPV). Tough luck.
    • Jimbo had the oppurtunity to solo win the game but he felt he couldn't abandon Outlaw and the Koopa Kids after they helped him. (I'm still so sad, I wanted to see the first Solo Wolf win in awhile).
    The Mushroom Kingdom

Chaos699 - 5.5 / 10
    This was his first game and he played fairly average. Hooked mafia for the most of the game which was good, but was basically LonelyNess's bitch so it wasn't like he was doing marvelous things. He never got to use his cap which was like a one time Body Guard ability which could be used by Mario, Lugui, Waluigi or Wario. I think in time you'll be a better mafia player.

---------------------------------------------------------

Veedrock - 5/10
    Veedrock's role was basically a trimayor if you think about it. He could silence for one less vote and then he was a mayor. Veedrock really didn't do much. He was fairly close to LonelyNess and trusted him early on (I think this is in part due to me, I might have leaked something, can't remember). Didn't really do much otherwise. Its a shame you never found Professor E. Gadd (GTS), though since GTS didn't even basically play, I don't blame you completely.

LonelyNess - 8.5/10
    LN played a pretty stellar game. Before the game had started and when he got his role PM, he immediatly told me his plan. To be honest, I thought the entire thing was crazy risky and that it was gonna ultimately be doomed. But he totally proved me wrong. Not only did he basically have about 3/4s of the Role PMs by the middle of Day 1, he had an almost flawless (key word there) game plan for ensuring a Village victory. Unfortunately for him, his team got shitty luck (aka Twin activation) dumb players (aka Ace Matador. idling on the one night that a Mafia player tried to kill him), and also uncooperation from certain players (aka Andenken who didn't reveal his entire PM that would almost have locked the game for the village). Sorry buddy, I was originally gonna give you a 9.5 but you were kinda of a dick sometimes :P You still played a pretty good game.

Ace Matador - .5/10
    Fucking Ace... I'm kinda sad actually because you slightly destroyed an interesting game. Sure you protected LN for the first two nights but what I don't get is the idle on the third. Both myself and Serenity nudged you to send in your PMs, I saw you on Shoddy so I know you were around and then you basically sealed the fate for Village. Not much else to say, a .5 / 10 is pretty deserving. DON'T FUCKING IDLE GAMES! >:(

SEO - 2/10
    We were slightly annoyed at the fact that SEO criticized other players in this game when he did not send two of his night actions (or he just sent it to matty) and all he did was follow LonelyNess. He let LonelyNess do everything and he did not bother to try to lead the village following his death. LonelyNess had to alert us of his first inspection since he didn't bother sending a PM. Frustrating user.

Andenken - 6.5/10
    Dunno if this was Andenken's first game (I think Earthworm mentioned it was? Correct me if I'm wrong). Andenken played..... average lol. I think I gave you the most stacked role in the entire village to be honest. A good voting ability. A skip in a night kill (this actually played later into the game and I'll explain when I talk about Jimbo), a Bullet Proof Vest AND a Sticky Fingers role, one of the things I made up for this mafia. Can you say broken? Despite all this abilities, you kind of used them at the wrong time. I later found out that you didn't even let LN know that you had your voting ability which would have been perfect to use like Day 1 or 2 after LN almost had a perfect spreadsheet assembled. I realize that you didn't trust him completely, but often times you gotta put all your chips on the table, all or nothing. What is more funny about the voting thing is that I leaked a PM to LonelyNess early on in the game that had your voting ability so he had a vague idea that somewhere in the game, the ability existed. Whatever, you keep loot safe and you eventually gave up your BPV, but it was too little too late.

YoshiKing - 5/10
    I felt bad for YK. Both Serenity and I wanted to have Twins in the game. I decided that we should give them a choice rather than make them instant Neutrals. So Serenity and myself paired YK, a mafia vet and Eo, a mafia newbie together. I think YK played well and though we gave you a low score, its mainly due to the fact that you really couldn't do much. You claimed to LN which was the right decision. Unfortunately you were basically random killed by Jimbo on Billymills orders. Billy's master plan was to eliminate both Twins instantly so that there was never a chance of them both activating. It was a good plan, but Billy unfortunately killed only and the Twin activated anyway.

Eo - 8/10
    Both Serenity and I were impressed how you played. You were paired up with YK which was a good match I think. When your twin ability activated, I was actually pretty excited to see who you would choose. You went with the strongest mafia, the Koopa Kids at the time which was a wise decision. Unfortunately, LN had perfect info on your role PM (which couldn't be avoided I realize) and immediately had you killed after your first kill. Its kind of a shame to be honest. Serenity and myself never though that the Twin would ever be activated in favor of the mafia. Still pretty cool though :)

Lanterminator - 6.5/10
    Lant was the re-director for the village. He actually had some influential part in the villages lost (but he would never have know that). He re-directed Shade to Moi which eventually killed moi (lol). And then he targeted mafias for the rest of the game. However, he really didn't pull off anything that was game change. Getting moi killed was actually pretty cool so you get a 6.5.

moi - 4/10
    Oh moi, you gotta feel a little bit bad for him. He stirred the pot with LN (which was hilarious on N1 as every single villager with a Night Ability hit him only to have him kidnapped by Shade). And then you were released, but you got the Death Mushroom from sitting inside of Shade. You were basically doomed from the start. The cure to the Death Mushroom was the Super Mushroom actually which his rival, LonelyNess used up instantly. Its also a shame that you never got your other abilities which were pretty cool too. Ah well. Come play again moi, I'll reserve a spot for you cause I feel bad lol

GTS - 1/10
    IDLE... IDLE... IDLE... IDLE... IDLE... common man. I'm sorta disappointed in you. I gave you a role I created and which I thought was gonna have huge consequences for the game (the ability to start spitting out BPVs every two nights, ya that's kinda game changing I think). But of course, you IDLE almost every night, don't make an effort to get in contact with the village and sit around and lynch vote like once or twice. I'm really really disappointed :\

Macle - 5/10
    First of all, thanks for subbing. Macle really couldn't do much. With no items from GTS to clone and basically just a normal villy, Macle sat around and just was filler. 5 / 10 for coming in and sitting in. Appreciated.

MagicMaster87 / Jedil - 4/10
    MM was the thief for the village. He did ok I guess. He really didn't steal anything but he did activate LonelyNess's perfect inspection ability. He was also a good voter so can't complain about that. Jedil filled in after MM had to leave for an emergency. Unfortunately, Jedil didn't have much luck either in stealing and was quickly killed afterwards. Thanks for subbing regardless Jedil.

The Conniving Bowser's Army
    Tennisace - 2/10
    Oh Tennis, oh Tennis, oh Tennis. I gotta ask man, what were you thinking when you claimed Village Chain Chomp lol. I mean I get that LN was breathing down your neck, but all you gotta say is "Man, back off its Night 1. I'm not claiming to you until I got perfect proof." It can't be helped I guess. You got a Kidnap in (your own Mafia Partner lol). You honestly didn't play all that well. Better luck next time.

StaraptorCall - 3/10
    Staraptor was the Bodyguard and also the Lynchguard should he ever get his Red Shell. I know this was your first Mafia, but you took way to much heat when you originally called out LN. After that point you were just simply hosed. Your kill even got messed up. You got re-directed by the other mafia to moi who was kidnapped that night thus totally destroying any chance at a good score. Hope you continue playing mafia though, I think you'll do better next time.

BillyMills - 9/10
    Oh man, Billy was the saving grace for Bowser's Army. He was the brains behind the operation pulling the strings, moleing the village (sorta) and basically getting his partners to use their abilities at good times. I gotta commend you. After the hole that both tennis and SC put you in, you held through, got some good kills and generally manipulated people around you. Though LN was suspicious of you, you held through to almost the end. Plus, you stole a whole bunch of shit. Unfortunately, near the end of the game you lost some of it and forgot to send PMs to myself trying to give it away correctly.

assassinfred - 4.5/10
    Fred had a good mole ability that he basically let go to waste. He also had a crazy Killing ability. Kill anybody, anytime during the game. The only exception that last night abilities would still be in affect (aka he had to watch out for Bodyguard and Hook). HOWEVER, you had the worst fucking claim in the game. Even worse than Tennisace. Frogfucious what? Dude, I can't believe you lasted as long as you did. But regardless of that, you got a good kill in on Veed and unfortunately billymills was never able to find the other Bullet Bill for another kill. I gave you a 6 at first and it would have been higher but you make small mistakes along the way (like that deleted post that had LN seen, would have fucked BAs even more and that horrid claim).

The Kruelsome Koopa Kids

Timw06 - 7.5/10
    Tim played well. He made a solid fake PM that actually got used it turned out (SEO inspected him one night). He got a lot of good inspects in (most important among them, Jimbo's which allowed the KK to work together with the Wolf and control the game after LN bit the dust). I was pretty pleased with your play. The only thing you could have done better was get Jimbo his egg quicker which would have gotten him more kills overall. Its ok though, you played solidly.

ArticBlast - 5.5/10
    You played alright I guess. I realize that you didn't have the most exciting role in the game but you protected your team well. The one thing I would have liked to see was actually putting traps around LN who everyone knew was getting constantly protected by the Bodyguard and then following up with a kill thus eliminating one of the KK's biggest problems. I think Outlaw controlled most of your actions, so really there wasn't amazing thinking outside of the box on your part. Oh well.

askaninjask - 8/10
    Another good player on the KK team. You had some interesting re-direct results that ended up killing people the other mafia wasn't aiming at. Re-directing the re-director of the village and then re-directing the Wolf to kill another unwanted target (though it helped him out in the end). You created a lot of interesting chaos in the game. Also, you used your voting ability at a good time for your mafia; you played well.

Outlaw - 9/10
    Outlaw played really well. He was the leader of the KK. He got all the Night abilities set up, he communicated well with his team, and despite his doubts to me at the beginning of the game, his team played well. And luck shined very nicely on him after Eo joined for a Night Kill which accelerated his plans. I think you played a great game and not to mention that you were a good thief eventually getting Bowser's Magic Scepter in the end (though it didn't affect the game). GG man

Jimbo - 10/10
    Holy smokes, how Jimbo pulled out this game was kind of marvelous. At first, Jimbo played super conservative. He didn't share his PM with hardly anybody and he sat around for awhile. But then, fate smiled on Jimbo and he got a bunch of stuff to go his way. He and Billymills were in co-hoots and he eventually killed YoshiKing for billy in an effort to rid the Village of the Twins which activated the other Twin. He then started feeding info about the mafias to the village in order to find out who his Win Condition targets were. And finally, he got into bed with the KK's who ultimately got him his win AND also let him basically take the solo wolf win. Without the Egg which timw06 gave him, Jimbo had no chance at winning the game by himself. However, he didn't choose the solo win route (sooooo lame Jimbo). His devious plans and good execution is why he is the MVP of Mario Mafia. Congrats buddy 8)

Shade - 8/10
    I gotta be honest. Petey Piranha was both Serenity and mine own favorite role in the game. Whats more funny about it is that it was IDENTICAL to the T of Fishin's role in One Piece mafia (which btw, I wrote this mafia before I joined One Piece so I didn't steal it if your wondering). Unfortunately, for Shade he just got bad luck. He had found a villager (moi) by an accidental re-direct and somehow also got wind that Jimbo was a neutral. And then..... He was random killed thus ending a chance at a win for Shade. What a shame too. It would have been cool had he fun. DAMN YOU BASTURDS! Shoulda let Petey win :(

Mafia Awards

Best Killer - Assassinfred
    Although he gets voted for each kill he makes, the team made spot on kills removing most of the strong players out of the game. On top of that, assassinfred used his one time insta-kill to eliminate the mayor/silencer (Veedrock) out of the game. Nicely played, too bad you guys couldn't find the other Bullet Bill Jr. for another insta-kill!

Serial Killer - Jimbo
    Probably a mediocre list of people he killed, but nonetheless, he killed 3. Most others killed two, so congratulations on being Super Mario Serial Killer!! He killed YoshiKing (which was cool since it made him pick which team to join), Jedil, and SEO.

Most Valuable Mushroom Villager - LonelyNess
    It's sad when it is so easy to decide who to pick as the most valuable player, unfortunately, we were able to easily pick the MVP on each team instantly. Ok, whether it was LN's dashing singing voice or his brutal interrogation methods, LN pretty much had all village role PMs by the end of Day 1. It doesn't really reflect him as a strong player (not that he isn't) but it showed that all the new players were too easily convinced. Good job nonetheless, highest rating on his team as well.

Most Valuable Bowser's Army - billymills
    Other than billymills, his partners were relatively quiet and did nothing to put themselves in the middle of the village. tennisace was the first one killed, and StaraptorCall followed soon after. assassinfred did decent except for the fact that he claimed Frogfucious. We had never even heard of this 'frogfucious.' The second he claimed that to LonelyNess, LN contacted us saying: "I guess we have our next lynch target!" What a joke ):

Most Valuable Koopa Kids - Outlaw
    This was a toss-up between Eo and Outlaw, but ultimately the end of the game was keen on Outlaw's amazing diplomatic skills. He convinced Jimbo to work for him which drastically helped both teams to fulfill their win conditions. Outlaw single-handedly led the team.

Most Valuable Neutral - Jimbo
    Jimbo vs. Shade basically. Jimbo won because he fulfilled his win condition obviously.

Most Valuable Overall - Jimbo
    Jimbo was a beneficial tool used by all factions during this game. For instance, for the village he provided an extra vote and gave them vital information. For Koopa Kids, he killed who he needed to while he helped Bowser's Army by lynching timw06 and also killing YoshiKing for billy during a crucial point. This is how neutral roles should be played. Jimbo definitely deserved best overall.

Worse Player Mushroom Villager - Ace Matador
    Ok, there might have been worse, but honestly -- what kind of bodyguard idles? He was on IRC and it was the night where we accidentally prolonged the game by 4 hours or so. I was just shocked by the fact that he could be so idle in the head. LonelyNess was targeted for the kill and it could have been avoided with am's protection. This is not the kind of play we encourage in mafia.

Worse Player Mafia Player - tennisace
    It wasn't exactly the fact that tennisace was bad... He tried to 'mole' the village (more like he tried to protect himself) but he didn't bother changing his role at all. He claimed Chain Chomp with a village win condition but with the same kidnap role. We didn't think anything was wrong with a village kidnapper, but the fact that he maintained the claim of Chain Chomp was sort of a giveaway that he was mafia.

Best sub(s) - Macle/Jedil
    Thank you for subbing in, we appreciate it very much. (:

Best Newcomer - Eo
    Eo played my (Serenity) favorite villager role pretty damn well. According to his role PM during the nights if killed by a mafia/item he would turn into the vigilante but luckily for him, he was killed by Jimbo, a neutral. Hence he was able to pick between becoming a neutral/Koopa Kid/Bowser's Army member and he chose Koopa Kids. He was quickly discovered but he made sure to leave a his mark in the game. He revealed basically all the main roles for the village. It was especially crucial for Jimbo as he revealed ALL the roles that Jimbo specifically needed to cause a GAME OVER.

Best Fake PM - billymills
    Unlike his team mate assassinfred who claimed frogfucious, claiming Donkey Kong was very believable. He made no role PM mistake and his ability was very believable. billymills really knows how to fake. Watch out for billymills in future games!

Worse Fake PM - assassinfred
    frogfucious, enough said.

Deadtalker Extraordinaire - LonelyNess
    He couldn't stop talking! Look past Night 6 especially, oof!

Best Host - matty (:
    When I was approached by matty to help co-host his mafia I was skeptical at first since I didn't know matty that well but I am glad that I was able to help. He was very active and he constantly tweaked his stuff to try to make everything more balanced and creative and I really appreciate his effort. Honestly, this game (imo) has been one of the best in a few games. I would definitely co-host with him again *surprise*. Cool user too haha.

Best Co-Host - Serenity :D
    I'd like to personally thank Serenity. She really stepped up and gave this game a good kick in the right direction. When I originally made this game, it was crazyily unbalanced. She came in, gave awesome suggestions, shook everything up and has been awesome at keeping me straight with updating and questions I was unsure of. Plus, I apparently suck at counting Nights and Days so she was always on top of that making sure it was the right day (LOL). Thanks again, I appreciate it. I'm excited to host future games with you co-host :)

Thanks guys for playomg. Hope you all had a good time. Look for another mafia game hosted by myself and Serenity coming soon (when Shiv gets off his lazy ass :P ). The theme is X-Men. Its another good mafia I promise :D
  2. GTS

GTS

okay, the night i got a fucking item he died, so... i don't really know how i was supposed to magically get an item...
  3. Outlaw

Outlaw

I didn't single handedly lead my mafia, Askaninjask was leader for awhile and he did a damn good job of it. And I didn't even realize we couldve done that with arctics power D: That would've changed alot.

I would also like to thank Eo for joining us and providing valuable insight into the villagers. But of course, big props for Jimbo for not screwing me over after I had the egg given to him. Much love <3

Also, what power would Yoshi have gotten if he got the mysterious egg?

FOR KING KOOPA!
  4. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

Unfortunately, near the end of the game you lost some of it and forgot to send PMs to myself trying to give it away correctly.
    ??? I most definitely did send the PMs to you and serenity. Somehow it didn't get to you. I hope the only thing I lost at the end was my temper.

Also Assassinfred did not claim Frogfucious. I don't know how you got this confused. Askaninjask did, you gave assassinfred a partial false claim, I don't why he would have overseen that and claimed something completely different.

Also, I gave him a full PM to claim (that was obviously not great, because it had to work with the requirements in the PM).

Ultimately, good game Outlaw and Jimbo.

Honestly, I got fucked with Tennisace and Staraptor. What the fuck guys.
  5. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I don't know if I played that well, but I did try very hard!

At first I told LN I was a neutral that just needed the Egg (dumb on my part but ln wouldn't get off my back >:O) and I told Moi I was the wolf-esque character because I knew he wouldn't tell LN and I didn't care if he was mafia or not.

I quickly made contact with "wario" on IRC - who I knew was Billy all along thanks to Tennisace (thanks tennis ;D). Billy told me that he'd try to make contact with the other mafia so we could take out both Twins in one night. I didn't really care if this happened or not, though it sounded like a good plan to me because I thought one of the twins was Mario. I'm glad both twins didn't die in one night because after Eo became a wolf I made contact with the other mafia through him (askaninjask to be specific). We then plotted to have the secret double lynch, etc, which quickly cut down village numbers.

In the end I had a really hard choice to make ;( What I planned to do was win by myself. If Macle had voted for Outlaw and vice versa, I was going to vote No Lynch to deadlock it. I'd then hook Outlaw and kill one of them, making it 1 v 1, then I'd just tie them in lynches until I could kill them. I thought this was possible (matty agreed) because I was Neutral and technically that could be a "controlling faction," but I knew that method would get me hated by a bunch of people so I decided against it!

Also what's a frogfucious.

Thanks for hosting matty/rev, this was an awesome game :)
  6. moi

moi

frogfucious is the character in Super Mario RPG : Legend of The Seven Stars that adopts Mallow as a sun after he falls.

Also matty completely forgot the part were I moled the mafias and got them to pm me their plans. I sent all my info to a user that was not supposed to die that night.

WHY DID YOU DIE ANDENKEN?

Also I blame tough luck and selfishness!

lol good job jimbo!
  7. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ya moi's right. The village lost because of some bad idles (GTS, AM), some bad luck (activation of the twin) and then just not great leadership near the end (yaya LonelyNess, I can hear you in the corner already bitching and moaning lol).

I honestly can't believe how close the game actually got near the end. 3 separate factions in the end? Wow. Photo finish

EDIT:
    [19:01]<LonelyNess>lol also
    [19:01]<LonelyNess>I am mentioned
    [19:01]<LonelyNess>in like
    [19:01]<LonelyNess>everyone's bio
    [19:01]<LonelyNess>my interrogation techniques are pro, matty
    [19:02]<LonelyNess>I was relentless
  8. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Im sorry that you lost a forum mafia game because of my real life problems? Seriously man I thought you were over that shit. I guess I partially deserve the score I got but I didn't have any time to get a legit claim. It seemed plausible at the time really.

Also I really didn't mean to tell Jimbo about Billy, it legit slipped because I was doing (once again) real life stuff.
  9. Serenity

Serenity

Towards the end it was anyone's game, the game was completely dependent upon Jimbo. Outlaw/ArcticBlast vs. AssassinFred/Billymills vs. Macle/SEO and.... Jimbo. I figured Jimbo would let KK win since they had helped him achieve his condition needed to win but I thought it would be funny if he let the village win after everything they went through haha.
  10. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

I was refering exclusively to that. I don't blame you for that first part, I don't know the exact situation there (and yes, it was pretty plausible). You were so busy with real life stuff that you felt compelled to deadtalk? I don't get it.

Also, I'd like to point out that activation of the twin wasn't bad luck. Yoshi King basically posted that he was twin in dynamite mafia sign ups.
  11. MagicMaster87

MagicMaster87

I wish I could have played the entire game (grandmother died, if anyone wanted to know what the emergency was) so I might have gained a bit more experience for future mafia games, but it was fun while it lasted.

I was actually trying to gain more information about other players on my own despite LN telling me not to talk to anybody, but all I really succeeded in doing was giving myself second thoughts about moi, whom I had initially suspected was mafia. Again, wish I'd been able to play long enough to act upon this...

Also, Baby Mario is not Mario's child; he's Mario himself when he was a baby. See: "Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi's Island" and "Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga: Partners in Time".

Good game everyone!
  12. GTS

GTS

how did my idles affect the village at all... i didn't have shit to do...
  13. Outlaw

Outlaw

Yes, if I ever play in a nonanonymous mafia ever again, I will avoid mIRC like the plague, especially if LN is in it. I did not enjoy the bullying, goading and strong arming done to someone that early in a game and it greatly affected my enjoyment of the game.

Honestly, it was the double secret lynch that made it so close. If it wasn't a double lynch we might've been able to scrape by with more surviving members.
  14. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

bullshit, I was planning on lynching two of you. The village fucking backstabbed me.
  15. Outlaw

Outlaw

I forget the math, but if the village split their votes then lanterminator would've still been lynched. All 4 of KK was alive for that and we all voted lanterminator to make sure he died. I dunno was there enough village at the time for you and fred + jimbo to split the votes and still have the 2 highest lynches?
  16. askaninjask

askaninjask [FLAIL ARMS]
    is a Forum Moderator

I believe you are remembering me not manipulating the votes so that they were 4-3-3, instead I made it 7-3, because I thought Mario was another mayor.

Had I known that Mario only had one vote, I would have survived.
  17. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

At that point there were 2 of us, and 4 villagers. That would be enough to turn a lynch, if they actually voted with us.

I'd have prefered 2 v 2 v 4 + Jimbo to what it actually was, which ended up 2 v 3 v 3. No we couldn't have split and still won, but you said if there wasn't the double lynch.
  18. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

So when I got my PM I immediately formulated a balls to the wall plan. I intended to claim full on inspector from night 1 in order to both make a believable claim (in order to get roles from the village), and to draw mafia redirector / hooker fire since I wasn't actually doing the inspecting that night (I don't know how successful I was in doing that).

Night 1 was a madhouse for me, I talked to pretty much everyone in the game (save for GTS / ArcticBlast / and timw06). I wanted to go quickly... very quickly... in order to catch the mafia off guard. It worked beautifully as every mafia I talked to either refused to give a claim or gave me a dubious one at best. One mafia (askaninjask) in particular threatened my in game life, which was pretty funny. Who the hell threatens someone who is leading the villagers? Talk about suspicious.

Also I probably was a bit of a bully... my basic interrogation techniques were: ask kindly (a few villies gave me thiers after this), offer spreadsheet access (most people, like YoshiKing and AceMatador gave me thiers after this), then threaten (some people gave me thiers after this). Sorry to Outlaw if he felt like I ruined his fun, but I was intent on weeding out mafia quickly and one way to do that is by catching them off guard (which I no doubt did when I came to you almost immediately upon your signing onto IRC).

I also had a strict no information policy, I spoke of no villager in terms of their name to anyone but SEO (who was supposed to take over in my death). If I wanted to talk to Eo or YK or Veedrock I said "so evaluate the legitimacy of this role PM" and just showed them the role pm without the name... I am pretty sure I did a good job in terms of keeping people in the dark. Billy himself admitted to me in a conversation that he was killing based on posting habits and quickness to defend me (which means he was basically rand killing hoping to hit good roles), so in that regard I think I did a good job.

I really wish Andenken had given me his full ability, and why he wanted to keep the bpv was beyond me... It's obvious that he was better off dead (since his death would cause no night), and if I had known he was the holder of the double lynch ability then I could have lynched two people day 1 when I had plenty of lynch targets.

Also fucking moi -__________- why you were so intent on undermining me the entire time baffles me... you were the only villager that I suspected was mafia which is why I wasn't upset when shade kidnapped you, nor was I going to steal the poison mushroom from him and give it to someone else (I knew that shade had the mushroom, and I had a feeling of what it did, but I thought you were mafia so I figured if shade died, then you take possession of it and die anyway... win win as far as I was concerned.)

Sorry if I bitched a bit too much for your liking... it was just really annoying to see the village get bad luck again and again and again. All in all though I had fun playing and I love that I perfectly united the village without any moles n1, something that has not been done in any small mafia. Thanks for hosting, matty and Serenity!
  19. Outlaw

Outlaw

Yeh, I had no intentions of talking to anyone but my teammates but those hopes were dashed Dx
  20. moi

moi

Lonelyness it is not my fault that I had to have my suspisions against you? It's the game of mafia lol. Also you kinda wasted the Super Mushroom as it only did stuff for assassinfred who was obviously mafia. You make it seem like I was doing too much against you, when I was WILLING to cooperate and gave you information in an effort to assist!
  21. blue_light

blue_light

Yay, go quarantine mafia round 2???
  22. Yoshi King

Yoshi King

Billymills, I have to give it to you for guessing that I was a twin completely based off of my post in the Dynamite mafia signups. Good intuition! However, that post was a reference to my first mafia, Super Smash Brothers Mafia, in which Veedrock and I were village partners (not twins, though Veedrock was a twin) from the start, and when he became wolf and I had lost any chance of winning, I decided to help him achieve victory since I had nothing better to do (blue_light didn't like that too much, did you BL? ahahaha). Anyways, my apologies that something I said in a completely unrelated topic resulted in the village getting completely fucked up. I never would have thought that someone would basically rand-guess that I was twin.

I'm actually really happy that Eo got to have a chance at Joker/mafia over myself, though I personally think he misused his abilities by giving himself away almost immediately. If not for Ace Matador idling, his kill would have been basically wasted. Regardless, your quick thinking did secure your team's win (sort of), so great job and congratulations Eo! Hope to play again with you soon.

Oh yeah and lol once I learned Jimbo was neutral I thought he killed me as revenge for my accidental idling in Bird Mafia... I wish I could always be on the internet or else I wouldn't have fucked up so badly in that one.

Finally, I want to say thanks to Matty and Serenity for hosting such an excellent game. I've always really enjoyed game-centric mafias (specifically Nintendo ones), the roles in this game were really nicely thought-out and well balanced (though honestly the only reason I didn't initially trust LN was because of the spelling/grammar mistakes in his role PM), and just overall the game had a ton of twists and turns that were really fun to keep track of, even though I was dead! I was closely following the events of the game up and discussing tactics with SEO until Night 5 (this past Saturday/Sunday I believe?) when my sister's wedding plans took over IRL and I didn't really have much time on IRC. :( Definitely a 10/10 game, in my opinion.

Oh and one last thing- was anyone else suspicious of the two hooker deal? As soon as I learned there were two hookers (after my death) I really didn't trust the Toadofsky claim, but never mentioned it since I thought it might fall under the realm of deadtalking.
  23. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I thought it was suspicous, especially because it mentioned an item that didn't exist in the game. Not only that but I had assumed that there was at least one moling role per faction (in order to make my eating the super mushroom not completely useless).
  24. Andenken

Andenken

I didn't really trust LN because I'm just a paranoid person. My fault really. He DID manage to get the village together. But bad luck + BG idle = Bad.

And I'm not new, but I am incredibly rusty. Even so, I handled that poorly. But I didn't play the worst at least.

Thanks to matty and Serenity for a great game.
  25. SEO

SEO

I have a few things to say. First off all, this was a pretty well written mafia and I had alot of fun at the beginning. Despite what was said in the OP I had very little to do at all. LN's plan consisted of me not doing anything while he took all the hits for the team (while being BG protected I may add) while I inspected. Im not sure what you mean by I didn't send in my night actions, I speciafically told matty that my night actions were to be taken care of by LN since I was going to be out for three days. Other than those I did not miss any, barring maybe one at the end of the game but everyone knew who everyone was so it was no bid deal. After LN's death I was supposed to lead the village, but due to a number of aggravating situations that I will go over, I lost alot of interest.

Among the things that pissed me off was the fact that so many people were so hard to get ahold of. I would seriously spend so much time on IRC waiting to see if people would log on, but alot of people never did. Another thing was the BG idle that really ruined the game, or at least it did for me. I'll admit I became pretty unactive near the end, but it was just due to frustration.

Regardless though, the beginning was pretty damn fun! By the way, what happened to the bowser's septer or whatever, I kinda wanted to know what it was for?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)