1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Power Supply Problems

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by Fatecrashers, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

With the release of English Pokemon B/W, Smogon has in recent days received a massive influx of visitors, leading to general lagginess in the forums as well as the site as a whole; in worst cases the site just plain refuses to load.

While in the past we would rely on our supply of Voltorbs and Electrodes to give the site's capabilities a boost, it has failed spectacularly on this occasion. Some young hoodlum has been battling the Electric Pokemon and causing them to explode and faint, leading to the laggy site problems you experience today.

[​IMG]

Screenshot of surveillance footage from Smogon's underground power station

And what's worse, the site's not the only thing affected by this blatant act of sabotage. Our plan of using the Smogcast to induce evolution in Magikarps has had to be put on hold as well.

As it is, during peak hours Smogon is a frustration to navigate, which is no doubt very bad publicity for the site, and tarnishes our image as the leaders of competitive Pokemon. Something must be done to rectify this power supply problem, we can't rely on revenue from selling Slowpoke tails forever.

User Firestorm has recommended that we switch our power supply to the more stable and non-explosive Pikachu, but we all know what a bitch they are to catch. RBG has suggested that we use the significantly more powerful Electivire, but where you'd find an Electirizer is anyone's guess.

Does anybody have any ideas on how we can get this site running smoothly again?
  2. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I still do like the idea of using Pikachu's as they have proven effective elsewhere:

[​IMG]

However, I'm a little out of the loop and am not sure on the going rate for a Light Ball these days and we'd need one for every one of the little buggers if we want to ensure a clean power source. Does anyone have a hookup on those so we can get a bulk rate? This Voltorb situation has to be taken care of though. I was appalled when Az told me that this is what we were using. It's 2011 for crying out loud!
  3. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

We could always try Nuclear power.

That seems to be the big thing in the news these days.
  4. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I say we kick it old-school and go with something coal-fired. Our Pokemon forum was Stark Mountain for a good couple years, you can't tell me we don't have a couple old Heatrans to dust off.
  5. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Like a facepalm, but better
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Step 1: Collect our remaining Voltorbs.
    Step 2: Get the Porgyon that we wasted 9,999 coins buying.
    Step 3: Give Porygon Cell Battery.
    Step 4: Voltorbs use Electric attacks on Porygon.
    Step 5: Use Battery to fuel our power supply.
    Step 6: Porygon uses Recycle to reuse that Battery.
    Step 7: Repeat Steps 5 and 6, using Recover when necessary.

Reusable power. No more power shortage problems. That'll also get the environmentalists off our back.
  6. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Man Darkmalice where you been? We evolved that Porygon into Porygon2 years ago and its been managing our IRC channels ever since. We can't remove it from that post.
  7. Erazor

Erazor ✓ Just Doug It
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

What happened to all the Magnezone we've been holding captive storing all this while?
  8. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hey guys, I'd just like to echo Fatecrashers concerns for our power supply. *chew chew*

I checked the Fridge stocks *chew chew*, and things *chew* are not looking good *chew*.

As you know *chew chew*, 80% of Smogon's funds come from our um... legal... mass sales of Slowpoke tails.

[​IMG]

All I can say is *chew chew* the stock in the fridge is not looking good *chew.*

They're drying and flaking out, like this:

[​IMG]

So we need to get the power going and the fridges working asap. *chew chew*

Also, I think someone is pilfering the stock, since it seems like some of the tails are not accounted for. I blame fat Jimbo.

*swallow*

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)