Powered Up!

All of the tinted lens users are special, and none have an insane special attack. It's like you guys are forgetting there's a pink blog with insane special defense that can take ANY unboosted moves from any of them.

I was more reacting to the bizarre result that Tinted Lens users hit harder with ineffective moves than neutrally effective move. It's a headache. It's also good yes, since for instance Steel types take damage from an off-STAB ineffective hit like it was a STAB neutral hit, but I don't think it's amazingly broken or anything, especially since the users are all meh. It's mostly that it's really really weird.

And the "Huge Power is more scary" thing is irrelevant because it and Pure Power are banned anyway.

I'm actually more terrified of Mega Charizard X than Tinted Lens users, honestly.

Jernmax said:
The thing that bothered me with Tinted lens as it is now was that if a pokemon 4x resisted my move it turned neutral, to a 2x resist or neutral. I'm not really sure.
Wrong! If a Pokemon singly resists Tinted Lens (In this meta), it takes 50% more damage than from a neutral hit. If it doubly resists, it takes 75% the damage a neutral hit would do.

NOCturnal Hunter said:
I know that Tinted Lens isn't quite healthy for this metagame, but neither is Gale Wings. Gale Wings, at least, keeps Tinted Lens form being too overpowered.
Not that concerned about Tinted Lens, honestly. Gale Wings meanwhile is improved in only a few niche situations -mostly Pokemon don't try to Extreme Speed or Feint into Talonflame anyway, and it outspeeds so many things (And many of the things that outspeed it don't normally carry priority) that there's not really a substantial difference between +1 and +2 priority.

Now, if it had +3 and could thus go before Fake Out, that would be terrifying.

nah m8, with a meta with huge power diggersby being a staple it wont be banned
Huge Power was banned from the start. Try again.
Unlike Huge/Pure Power, Tinted Lens has lack of good abusers (only Venomoth, Yanmega, Sigilyph). Because of that, I doubt it will get banned, considering there are many more broken abilities right now.

Scizor and Breloom basically has a priority move with 120 BP now, basically as strong as STAB Extreme speed (potential extremekiller?), while Crawdaunt has 200 BP Sucker Punch now.
I whole wholeheartedly agree with this post. And that is a terrifying thought.
yanmega 2stronk
sigilyph 2stronk
heck, noctowl 2stronk
Noctowl, maybe. But all the rest are simply destroyed by Talonflame. They won't live long enough to get off a single hit.
No. Tinted Lens can't be countered or checked. Huge Power can be to some extent at least.

In any case, I think both of them will be banned anyway.

Although Diggersby Quick-Attacking a Ferrothorn w/Rocky Helmet is going to hurt.
Huge Power has been banned from the start. Tinted Lens, however, will be quick banned...Right now. I don't feel like it should, but I see a lot of complaints against it, so its gone.

With all this said, now that Serene Grace is gone, I have a suspect for unbanning!

Shaymin-Sky

Shaymin-Sky was banned mostly because of Serene Grace making for "60%=100%". However, with Shaymin-Sky's biggest weapon banned, I'm thinking that it deserves a shot of unbanning. If you wish to see this cutie in this metagame, please post with your reasoning. Even if you don't wish to see it here, state your reasoning. Note that I wish for logical explanations; stating that "it should stay banned as it is ugly" is not going to help, as would saying that "It should be unbanned because it is cute" or something similar.

I will make the decision in two days! Please give your feedback!

You can't unban Shaymin-Sky. It doesn't have an Ability other than Serene Grace. Banning Serene Grace while unbanning Shaymin-Sky leaves Shaymin-Sky banned in actual fact.

And why ban Tinted Lens? It's really not going to be that scary, and DinaIsha is I think the only person who thought it would be more ridiculous than the likes of Huge Power. (Which is ridiculous)

You can't unban Shaymin-Sky. It doesn't have an Ability other than Serene Grace. Banning Serene Grace while unbanning Shaymin-Sky leaves Shaymin-Sky banned in actual fact.

And why ban Tinted Lens? It's really not going to be that scary, and DinaIsha is I think the only person who thought it would be more ridiculous than the likes of Huge Power. (Which is ridiculous)
Hmm....

As a solution to the first dilemma, maybe replace banned abilities with Illuminate or Run Away? And thanks to Gimlaf for that idea.

Also, in that case, we should also ban Meloetta and Jirachi, as they're inly ability is Serene Grace. I don't know myself, but I think that I'll just replace banned abilities with Illuminate. This also means that, technically, I could unban Mawilite and Medichamite. I'd rather have less confusing bans, but this makes the metagame quite confusing, leaving new players confused. I don't know guys, tell me what you think.

To explain the ban on Tinted Lens, I simply did the will of the many. I myself didn't like the idea of banning Tinted Lens, but I banned it because the people wanted it many. Besides, I don't like the idea of getting resists hit harder than neutralities. I mean, not many Pokemon have quad resistances. I know that Blobs are good special walls, but in that case, Tinted Lens users might try going mixed. In my honest opinion, we would be dealing with more irritation that could be solved simply by banning it.

There wasn't some big hullaballoo to ban Tinted Lens, there was just people saying "oh wow that'll be powerful". (Plus DinaIsha claiming it will be banned immediately) There's no "will of the many" about it. And none of the Tinted Lens users can go mixed, realistically.

Replacing banned Abilities with Illuminate or some such is verging into Pet Mod territory, particularly if it's used to unban some Pokemon that were banned because of their Abilities. (eg Mega Mawile) This seems likely to be outside the bounds of what was approved by the OM team...

There wasn't some big hullaballoo to ban Tinted Lens, there was just people saying "oh wow that'll be powerful". (Plus DinaIsha claiming it will be banned immediately) There's no "will of the many" about it. And none of the Tinted Lens users can go mixed, realistically.
aaaaa Tinted Lens turns ineffective hits into being better than neutral hits! You can't resist it! (OK fine you can double-resist it ro actually reduce damage, but that's not much help)
yanmega 2stronk
sigilyph 2stronk
heck, noctowl 2stronk
I beg you're pardon. Not only did multiple other users disliked it, but you yourself said that it isn't that good for the metagame.

I think that, to simplify things, I'll suspect test it once this metagame gets coded to see if it really is broken. Is that acceptable to everyone?
Replacing banned Abilities with Illuminate or some such is verging into Pet Mod territory, particularly if it's used to unban some Pokemon that were banned because of their Abilities. (eg Mega Mawile) This seems likely to be outside the bounds of what was approved by the OM team...
Eh, fair enough. Canceling this idea. But still, we do have to worry about Jirachi and Meloetta. Ban them just because they have access to only one banned ability?

I know I didn't say what I was thinking in my mind. I was more along the lines of saying to make their effects null and void, but I didn't say that. I should have said that. Alright, no more chance for Shaymin-S to be unbanned.

Noctowl, maybe. But all the rest are simply destroyed by Talonflame. They won't live long enough to get off a single hit.

Huge Power has been banned from the start. Tinted Lens, however, will be quick banned...Right now. I don't feel like it should, but I see a lot of complaints against it, so its gone.

With all this said, now that Serene Grace is gone, I have a suspect for unbanning!

Shaymin-Sky
Shaymin-Sky was banned mostly because of Serene Grace making for "60%=100%". However, with Shaymin-Sky's biggest weapon banned, I'm thinking that it deserves a shot of unbanning. If you wish to see this cutie in this metagame, please post with your reasoning. Even if you don't wish to see it here, state your reasoning. Note that I wish for logical explanations; stating that "it should stay banned as it is ugly" is not going to help, as would saying that "It should be unbanned because it is cute" or something similar.

How do you even use Shaymin-Sky when its only ability is banned? How would that work? Wouldn't the teambuilder reject you anyway?
EDIT: Ninja'd by a long shot because forgot to refresh

Shaymin-Sky

I'm sorry did you just ban Tinted lens without any discussion? I get it's a quick ban but it could simply be altered to prevent it from being Over powered.

I'm sorry did you just ban Tinted lens without any discussion? I get it's a quick ban but it could simply be altered to prevent it from being Over powered.
That would make this a Pet Mod. I do not want this to be a Pet mod. I want this to be an OM. Hence, I'm not modifying it. That is also why I ended up deciding against making banned abilities=Illuminate. Also, if you read my later post:
I think that, to simplify things, I'll suspect test it once this metagame gets coded to see if it really is broken. Is that acceptable to everyone?.
Basically, once this is coded and put on some server (most likely Aqua), Tinted Lens will get a suspect test to see if it is truly broken.

Also, as TI said just now:
Please don't do that. That would just confuse people more than this already does. If something is broken, just ban it.
Need I say more?

canno

formerly The Reptile
The thing with Tinted Lensnis that, even though its ridiculously borked, all of the users suck. Its kind of like Huge Power (in standard mind you) - if you gave it to anything with a competent attack that's not a mega it would probably be a broken Mon unless everything else sucked, but if some like like Azunarill gets it with its 50 base attack it mearlymearly becomes good (great in Gen 6)

Also for oncd its a good thing that Chansey/Blissey has no resists!

e: fuck phones

The thing with Tinted Lensnis that, even though its ridiculously borked, all of the users suck. Its kind of like Huge Power (in standard mind you) - if you gave it to anything with a competent attack that's not a mega it would probably be a broken Mon unless everything else sucked, but if some like like Azunarill gets it with its 50 base attack it mearlymearly becomes good (great in Gen 6)

Also for oncd its a good thing that Chansey/Blissey has no resists!

e: fuck phones
Okay, I've had enough feedback saying to get Tinted Lens back in the metagame NOW. So, I will. Tinted Lens is back.

I'm confused do you add the difference or square the numbers?
i.e. sheer force mutiplies by 1.3, does that mean you do 1,3x1,3 (like with fur coat) or do you do 1.3 +0.3?

I'm confused do you add the difference or square the numbers?
i.e. sheer force mutiplies by 1.3, does that mean you do 1,3x1,3 (like with fur coat) or do you do 1.3 +0.3?
I tried not to make Sheer Force go over *2. But yeah, I was tired and irritated when I finally finished the list, so of course there are inconsistencies. I think about half of this thread was dedicated to fixing up the inconsistencies. It is very time consuming, to be honest.

I think he means "double the increasing/reducing amount." Sheer Force increase power by 30%, so it's doubled to 60%. Same goes for -ates and Tough Claws.

This explains the idea to things like Technician, Flare Boost, Toxic Boost (increase by 50% doubled to 100%). As for Sand Rush, Swift Swim, Defiant, it originally increase by 100%, doubled to 200%, so the result is tripled. This also apply to Fur Coat.

This is why I'm confused why Solid Rock becomes 3/8. It should be 1/2 because it reduces damage by 25%. If it's doubled, it should reduce by 50%.

I think he means "double the increasing/reducing amount." Sheer Force increase power by 30%, so it's doubled to 60%. Same goes for -ates and Tough Claws.

This explains the idea to things like Technician, Flare Boost, Toxic Boost (increase by 50% doubled to 100%). As for Sand Rush, Swift Swim, Defiant, it originally increase by 100%, doubled to 200%, so the result is tripled. This also apply to Fur Coat.

This is why I'm confused why Solid Rock becomes 3/8. It should be 1/2 because it reduces damage by 25%. If it's doubled, it should reduce by 50%.
I'll be gone for a while, but when I come back, we, not just me, ALL of us, will be working on this problem. The solution: a PiratePad. We'll probably get all of my errors out, and everything will be settled. Hopefully.

Until that PiratePad is complete, however, the one I made will have to do. I know it isn't that good, but it has lasted us this far with some editing. It can take us until I come back.

This is NOCturnal Hunter, signing out (for now)!

How about just applying the ability twice? I would guess that the code that pokemon showdown runs has a spot where it checks whether or not the ability affects anything and then applies it (if it does). If you simply make the block of code that applies the ability run twice, then this happens automatically, and is inconsistency-free.

I would write the code for it myself, but I haven't seen pokemon showdown's code and don't know the programming language it runs.

Alright guys, I have returned, and I have finished doing the PiratePad (I announced it here and on PS!, so if you missed it, oh well), and these are the changes!
Adaptability - 4x instead of 2x
Aerilate - This Pokemon's Normal type moves still turn into Flying type, but are now boosted in power to 2.6x instead of 1.3x
Aftermath - If this Pokemon is KOed with a contact move, that move's user loses 1/2 its max HP rather than 1/4
Air Lock - N/A
Analytic - If the user moves last, the power of that move is increased by 60% instead of 30%
Anger Point - N/A
Anticipation - N/A
Arena Trap - N/A
Aroma Veil - N/A
Aura Break - Multiplies the effect of Aura abilities by -2 instead of -1
Bad Dreams - Sleeping foes lose 1/4 of their max HP at the end of each turn instead of 1/8
Battle Armor - N/A
Big Pecks - N/A
Blaze - In a pinch, Fire type attacks do 3x damage instead of 1.5x
Bulletproof - N/A
Cheek Pouch - Restores 66% HP when this Pokemon consumes a berry instead of 33%
Chlorophyll - Boosts this Pokemon's speed to 4x in the sun instead of 2x
Clear Body - N/A
Color Change - N/A
Competitive - When one of this Pokemon's stats are lowered, this pokemon's Special Attack stat is boosted by 4 stages instead of 2
Compound Eyes - This Pokemon's moves have their accuracy boosted to 2.6x instead of 1.3x
Contrary - Stats changes are now multiplied by 2 instead of 1
Cursed Body - If this Pokemon is hit by an attack, there is a 60% chance that move gets Disabled instead of a 30% chance
Cute Charm - 60% chance of infatuating Pokemon of the opposite gender if they make contact instead of a 30% chance
Damp - N/A
Dark Aura - Increases the power of all Dark-type moves in battle to 2.66x instead of 1.33x
Defeatist - If this Pokemon's HP falls lower than 50%, it's attack and special attack stats are 1/4x
Defiant - When one of this Pokemon's stats are lowered, this pokemon's Attack stat is boosted by 4 stages instead of 2
Delta Stream - N/A
Desolate Land - N/A
Download - On switch-in, Attack or Sp. Atk is boosted by 2 based on the foes' weaker Defense instead of 1
Drizzle - Summons Rain that lasts 10 turns (16 with Damp Rock) rather than 5 turns (8 with Damp Rock)
Drought - Summons Sun that lasts 10 turns (16 with Heat Rock) rather than 5 turns (8 with Heat Rock)
Dry Skin - This Pokemon is healed 1/2 by Water, 1/4 by Rain; is hurt 1.5x by Fire, 1/4 by Sun.
Early Bird - This Pokemon's sleep status lasts 1/4 as long as usual, self-induced or not.
Effect Spore - 60% chance of poisoning, paralyzing, or causing sleep on Pokemon making contact instead of 30% chance
Fairy Aura - Increases the power of all Fairy-type moves in battle to 2.66x instead of 1.33x
Filter - This Pokemon receives 3/8 damage from super effective attacks
Flame Body - 60% chance of burning a Pokemon making contact with this Pokemon instead of a 30% chance
Flare Boost - When this Pokemon is burned, its special attacks do 3x damage instead of 1.5x
Flash Fire - This Pokemon's Fire attacks do 3x damage if hit by one Fire move instead of 1.5x
Flower Gift - If user is Cherrim and Sunny Day is active, it and allies' Attack and Sp. Def are 3x instead of 1.5x
Flower Veil - N/A
Forecast - N/A
Forewarn - Reveals the two highest base power moves instead of only one
Friend Guard - This Pokemon's allies receive 3/8 damage from other Pokemon's attacks instead of 3/4 damage
Frisk - N/A
Fur Coat - This Pokemon's defense is quadrupled
Gale Wings - This Pokemon's Flying type moves have +2 priority
Gluttony - This Pokemon eats berries at any time (i.e. snorlax eating a salac berry at full health)
Gooey - Contact with this Pokemon lowers the attacker's Speed by 2 stages instead of 1
Grass Pelt - This Pokemon's Defense is boosted in Grassy Terrain by 100% instead of 50%
Guts - If this Pokemon is statused, its Attack is 3x instead of 1.5x
Harvest - 100% chance this Pokemon's Berry is restored at the end of each turn with or without Sun
Healer - 60% chance of curing an adjacent ally's status at the end of each turn instead of 30%
Heatproof - This Pokemon receives 1/4 damage from Fire-type attacks and burn damage instead of half
Heavy Metal - This Pokemon's weight is QUADRUPLED instead of doubled
Honey Gather - N/A
Huge Power - Banned
Hustle - This Pokemon's Attack stat is boosted by 3x, but the accuracy of it's Physical attacks becomes 0.4x
Hydration - N/A
Hyper Cutter - N/A
Ice Body - If Hail is active, this Pokemon heals 1/8 of its max HP each turn instead of 1/16
Illuminate - N/A
Illusion - N/A
Immunity - N/A
Imposter - N/A
Infiltrator - N/A
Inner Focus - N/A
Insomnia - N/A
Intimidate - On Switch-in, this Pokemon lowers adjacent foes Attack by 2 stages instead of 1
Iron Barbs - This Pokemon causes other Pokemon making contact to lose 1/4 of their max HP instead of 1/8
Iron Fist - This Pokemon's punch-based attacks do 2.4x damage instead of 1.2x
Justified - This Pokemon's Attack is boosted by 2 after it is damaged by a Dark-type attack instead of 1 stage
Keen Eye - N/A
Klutz - N/A
Leaf Guard - N/A
Levitate - N/A
Light Metal - This Pokemon's weight is 1/4x instead of 1/2x
LightningRod - When this Pokemon is hit by an Electric Type move, the Special Attack stat is boosted by 2 stages instead of 1
Limber - N/A
Liquid Ooze - This Pokemon damages those draining HP from it for double as much as they would heal instead of just as much it would heal
Magic Bounce - N/A
Magic Guard - N/A
Magician - N/A
Magma Armor - N/A
Magnet Pull - N/A
Marvel Scale - If this Pokemon is statused, its Defense is 3x instead of 1.5x
Mega Launcher - Boosts the power of Aura/Pulse moves by 100% instead of 50%
Minus - If an ally has the Ability Plus or Minus, this Pokemon's Sp. Atk is 3x instead of 1.5x
Mold Breaker - N/A
Moody - Banned
Motor Drive - This Pokemon's Speed is boosted by 2 if hit by an Electric move instead of 1
Moxie - This Pokemon's Attack is boosted by 2 if it attacks and faints another Pokemon instead of 1
Multiscale - If this Pokemon is at full HP, it takes quarter damage from attack instead of half
Multitype - N/A
Mummy - N/A
Natural Cure - N/A
No Guard - N/A
Normalize - N/A
Oblivious - N/A
Overcoat - N/A
Overgrow - In a pinch, Grass type attacks do 3x damage instead of 1.5x
Own Tempo - N/A
Slow Start - should be 1/4 Attack and Speed for 10 turns.
Parental Bond - Attack two additional times, with each attack being equal to 1/2 the previous attack
Pickpocket - N/A
Pickup - N/A
Pixilate - This Pokemon's Normal type moves still turn into Fairy type, but are now boosted in power to 2.6x instead of 1.3x
Plus - If an ally has the Ability Plus or Minus, this Pokemon's Sp. Atk is 3x instead of 1.5x
Poison Heal - This Pokemon is healed by 1/4 of its max HP each turn when poisoned instead of 1/8
Poison Point - 60% chance of poisoning a Pokemon making contact with this Pokemon instead of 30%
Poison Touch - This Pokemon's contact moves have a 60% chance of poisoning instead of a 30%
Prankster - This Pokemon's Status moves have their priority increased by 2 instead of 1
Pressure - If this Pokemon is the target of a foe's move, that move loses 2 additional PP
Primordial Sea - N/A
Protean - N/A
Pure Power - Banned
Quick Feet - If this Pokemon is statused, its Speed is 3x instead of 1.5x
Rain Dish - If the weather is Rain Dance, this Pokemon heals 1/8 of its max HP each turn instead of 1/16
Rattled - This Pokemon gets +2 Speed if hit by a Dark-, Bug-, or Ghost-type attack instead of +1
Reckless - This Pokemon's attacks with recoil or crash damage do 2.4x damage instead of 1.2x
Refrigerate - This Pokemon's Normal type moves still turn into Ice type, but are now boosted in power to 2.6x instead of 1.3x
Regenerator - This Pokemon heals 2/3 of its max HP when it switches out instead of 1/3
Rivalry - This Pokemon's attacks do 2.5x on same gender targets instead of 1.25x; 0.5x on opposite gender instead of 0.75x
Rock Head - N/A
Rough Skin - This Pokemon causes other Pokemon making contact to lose 1/4 of their max HP instead of 1/8
Run Away - N/A
Sand Force - This Pokemon's Rock/Ground/Steel attacks do 2.6x in Sandstorm instead of 1.3x
Sand Rush - If Sandstorm is active, this Pokemon's Speed is quadrupled instead of doubled
Sand Stream - Summons Sand that lasts 10 turns (16 with Smooth Rock) rather than 5 turns (8 with Smooth Rock)
Sand Veil - If Sandstorm is active, this Pokemon's evasion is 2.5x instead of 1.25x
Sap Sipper - This Pokemon's Attack is boosted by 2 if hit by any Grass move instead of 1
Scrappy - N/A
Serene Grace - Banned
Shadow Tag - N/A
Shed Skin - This Pokemon has a 66% chance to have its status cured at the end of each turn instead of 33%
Sheer Force - This Pokemon's attacks with secondary effects do 2.6x damage instead of 1.3x
Shell Armor - N/A
Shield Dust - N/A
Simple - This Pokemon has its own stat boosts and drops quadrupled as they happen instead of doubled
Skill Link - N/A
Slow Start - On switch-in, this Pokemon's Attack and Speed are 1/4x for 10 turns
Sniper - If this Pokemon strikes with a critical hit, the damage is increased by 100% instead of 50%
Snow Cloak - If Hail is active, this Pokemon's evasion is 2.5x instead of 1.25x
Snow Warning - Summons Hail that lasts 10 turns (16 with Icy Rock) rather than 5 turns (8 with Icy Rock)
Solar Power - If Sunny Day is active, this Pokemon's Sp. Atk is 3x (instead of 1.5x) and loses 1/4 max HP per turn rather than 1/8
Solid Rock - This Pokemon receives 3/8 damage from super effective attacks instead of 3/4
Soundproof - N/A
Speed Boost - This Pokemon's Speed is boosted by 2 at the end of each full turn on the field instead of 1
Stall - N/A
Stance Change - N/A
Static - 60% chance of paralyzing a Pokemon making contact with this Pokemon instead of 30%
Steadfast - If this Pokemon flinches, its Speed is boosted by 2 instead of 1
Stench - This Pokemon's attacks without a chance to flinch have a 20% chance to flinch instead of 10%
Sticky Hold - N/A
Storm Drain - This Pokemon draws Water moves to itself to boost Sp. Atk by 2 instead of 1
Strong Jaw - This Pokemon's bite-based attacks do 3x damage instead of 1.5x
Sturdy - If this Pokemon would be OHKOed by an attack, it will be left with 2 HP instead of 1 HP
Suction Cups - N/A
Super Luck - This Pokemon's critical hit ratio is boosted by 2 instead of 1
Swarm - When this Pokemon has 1/3 or less of its max HP, its Bug attacks do 3x damage instead of 1.5x
Sweet Veil - N/A
Swift Swim - Boosts this Pokemon's speed to 4x in the Rain instead of 2x
Symbiosis - N/A
Synchronize - N/A
Tangled Feet - This Pokemon's evasion is tripled as long as it is confused instead of doubled
Technician - This Pokemon's attacks of 60 Base Power or less do 3x damage instead of 1.5x
Telepathy - N/A
Teravolt - N/A
Thick Fat - This Pokemon receives quarter damage from Fire- and Ice-type attacks instead of half
Tinted Lens - This Pokemon's attacks that are not very effective on a target do triple damage instead of double
Torrent - When this Pokemon has 1/3 or less of its max HP, its Water attacks do 3x damage instead of 1.5x
Tough Claws - This Pokemon's contact attacks do 2.66x damage instead of 1.33x
Toxic Boost - When this Pokemon is poisoned, its physical attacks do 3x damage instead of 1.5x
Trace - N/A
Truant - now skips two turns instead of one.
Turboblaze - N/A
Unaware - N/A
Unburden - Speed is tripled on held item loss instead of doubled
Unnerve - N/A
Victory Star - This Pokemon and its allies' moves have their accuracy boosted to 2.2x instead of 1.1x
Vital Spirit - N/A
Volt Absorb - This Pokemon heals 1/2 of its max HP when hit by Electric moves instead of 1/4
Water Absorb - This Pokemon heals 1/2 of its max HP when hit by Water moves instead of 1/4
Water Veil - N/A
Weak Armor - If a physical attack hits this Pokemon, Defense is lowered 2 (instead of 1) and Speed is boosted 2 (instead of 1)
White Smoke - N/A
Wonder Guard - N/A
Wonder Skin - Status moves have 1/4 accuracy instead of 1/2
Zen Mode - The Pokemon will always be in Zen Mode (1/1 health instead of at 1/2 health)

If you have any quarrels with these new changes, speak now or forever hold your peace.
How about just applying the ability twice? I would guess that the code that pokemon showdown runs has a spot where it checks whether or not the ability affects anything and then applies it (if it does). If you simply make the block of code that applies the ability run twice, then this happens automatically, and is inconsistency-free.

I would write the code for it myself, but I haven't seen pokemon showdown's code and don't know the programming language it runs.
First of all, thanks for the offer to code! I don't know much about how it works, but I do know its coded in JavaScript, and you can find the code here.
Note: for future reference, you can always use the command "/git gud" on PS to get the link. :)

Anyways, I refuse to apply every ability twice. That may be the same thing, but that isn't how the metagame works. Mostly, this would skew of abilities like Zen Mode and Parental Bond (not like I'm ever unbanning Kangaskhanite). It could be used to actually be used to code the metagame, but you would have to put in the exceptions for Parental Bond and other abilities.

Last edited:
I'll list my quarrels now for "Consistency."

Dark Aura: should be from x1.33 to x2.66 instead of x1.66
Tough Claws: same as Dark Aura
Fairy Aura: same as Dark Aura
Reckless: should be from x1.2 to x2.4 instead of x1.4 (you did that to Iron Fist)

first observation:
-adaptability goes from 1.33x to 2.666666... so basically literally double

Reckless: should be from x1.2 to x2.4 instead of x1.4 (you did that to Iron Fist)
the auras boost by 1.3x not 1.33x

>.<

More errors. But at least they were caught early.
first observation:
-adaptability goes from 1.33x to 2.666666... so basically literally double

the auras boost by 1.3x not 1.33x
Blegh.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Here's my take on the whole consistency thing:

In order to best be consistent, imagine everything is a percent, and double that (except in-battle boosts ala Defiant, priority increases, and durations for obvious reasons)

Examples:
Blaze. Blaze increases your fire type moves' power by 50% when your HP is lower than 1/3. Double the percent to get a 100% increase (2x power)
Hustle. Hustle increases your attack by 50%, but your accuracy drops by 20%. Should it not be a 100% increase in attack (2x) and a 40% drop in accuracy (.6x)?
Huge Power. Huge Power increases your attack by 100%, so therefore it should now increase by 200% (3x).
Pressure. Pressure increases PP usage by 100%, so therefore it should increase by 200% (3 PP/move). This is a weirder example.

I can go on but I think I got my point across.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)