Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

Hey guys, I'm barely starting with this and I have a couple of questions
First of all, exactly when are you supposed to press the buttons? I'm pressing it (only one) from when you press the start the game all the way up to when you are given the options to start the game/setting and everything else.
Second question, what does the !!!Frm mean and how is it advanced? specially compared to the IVFrm, using the Standard Seed Searcher function of the latest version

Im STILL confused about RNGing your ID/SID.

This is what Im doing (for a shiny Tepig, also I want to RNG a shiny Amoonguss afterward... any way to do this with a frame 1 seed? I guess I could get a Foonguss from a stationary Pokeball... is that still Frame 1 and will it be shiny, provided I hit the PID?)

Have old ID/SID Timer0, VCount, VFrame, ID, SID, DS Lite thing input into my parameters.

DS Lite: 00-24-CC-CD-05-5E
Timer0: C7E - C7E
VCount: 60 - 60
VFrame: 6 - 6
White (English)
ID: 48409
SID: 25852

Find a Flawless IV spread on Frame 1 (which I did) on 2055/4/23 at 10:07:37 which is a flawless spread.

I copied the following seed into the ID finder: 14B11BA65F403F9D

Then I took that seed into the Trainer ID finder and found a PID frame I liked: Frame 52 which had a Jolly Nature, the ability to be Synchronized, and had Ability 1.

After all of that I highlighted it and hit Search on the ID part of the window.

I found an ID that I wanted to try and hit (highlighted, but I dont know if it has a True or a False since PPRNG doesn't support that at the moment (or ever, dont know).

I *think* I hit the seed but when I start the game, press yes to everything and get to my ID it was way off, specifically 35773.

What did I do wrong, and what do I do after this?

Edit: I tried hitting the same seed again and got 35773. Would this make the search invalid and make me have to change my parameters... somehow? I did NOT hit no on anything in the initial introduction.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
This is what Im doing (for a shiny Tepig, also I want to RNG a shiny Amoonguss afterward... any way to do this with a frame 1 seed? I guess I could get a Foonguss from a stationary Pokeball... is that still Frame 1 and will it be shiny, provided I hit the PID?)
A frame 1 seed is the best kind. You can save right in the grass or in front of the Amoongus pokeball and after doing your PID frame advancements you're good to go.

Have old ID/SID Timer0, VCount, VFrame, ID, SID, DS Lite thing input into my parameters.
You don't need your old SID specifically for this process, but it doesn't hurt.

Find a Flawless IV spread on Frame 1 (which I did) on 2055/4/23 at 10:07:37 which is a flawless spread.
You should be able to find a frame 1 flawless spread on almost any year if you search through two and three key combos, but if you don't care about the meeting / capture date you can of course use this.

I found an ID that I wanted to try and hit (highlighted, but I dont know if it has a True or a False since PPRNG doesn't support that at the moment (or ever, dont know).
If you're referring to the true/false that RNG Reporter shows in regards to starter PIDs, that's covered (starters are gifts) by the checkboxes under Shiny Types.

I *think* I hit the seed but when I start the game, press yes to everything and get to my ID it was way off, specifically 35773.

What did I do wrong, and what do I do after this?
You haven't done anything wrong yet. You're almost never going to hit your desired ID straight off. Take the ID you got and flip to the ID Frame Search tab of the Trainer ID Searcher. Put in the start time and the ID and it will tell you which ID frame you hit. Compare that to the frame you want to hit, and the difference is the number of advancements you need to do. You advance by saying 'no' to the name entry confirmation question.

You're almost there. And thanks for the detailed explanation of what you had done so far!

Edit:
In the main 5th gen thread, Kaphotics says you're hitting a Timer0 of C7F. It looks like you only have one Timer0 value configured. Pretty much everyone has two values, so you should set the max Timer0 value in your config to C7F. This will help you find which ID frame you're hitting.

Just to let you know, PPRNG still doesn't accept 0 as an ID/SID, despite what it says in the first post.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Hey guys, I'm barely starting with this and I have a couple of questions
First of all, exactly when are you supposed to press the buttons? I'm pressing it (only one) from when you press the start the game all the way up to when you are given the options to start the game/setting and everything else.
You really only need to hold it up until the Nintendo logo, etc. appears.

Second question, what does the !!!Frm mean and how is it advanced? specially compared to the IVFrm, using the Standard Seed Searcher function of the latest version
!!! means shiny. It's taken from RNG Reporter, though I'll probably change it to a star to match what the games show on a pokemon's status screen. Anyway, !!! frm is the first PID frame on that seed which is shiny for the conditions you set (if any). If you don't know how to deal with the PID frame, look for info and tutorials on the first page of the Gen 5 help thread in the wifi forum.

Just to let you know, PPRNG still doesn't accept 0 as an ID/SID, despite what it says in the first post.
Wow, sorry about that. I fixed what I thought was the issue, but it seems I forgot to test it properly (or maybe at all) afterwards.

Until the next version is released (this coming weekend at the earliest, unfortunately) you can get around it by actually leaving the field blank. It will generally be treated as if it were set to 0.

chiizu, I'm sorry if this has been mentioned but I haven't read the last couple pages since Smogon came back online.

I would love an update that lets me search for shiny egg frames from the Seed Searcher. PIDs for wild encounters don't match the PIDs for egg generation, so using the shiny only option is completely useless for breeding.

Basically, I'd love to be able to search for seeds that have shiny egg PID frames based on normal search criteria:

• Min/Max PID Frame
• Nature
• Using Ditto / Everstone options

etc.

Thanks for your great work on this.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
chiizu, I'm sorry if this has been mentioned but I haven't read the last couple pages since Smogon came back online.

I would love an update that lets me search for shiny egg frames from the Seed Searcher. PIDs for wild encounters don't match the PIDs for egg generation, so using the shiny only option is completely useless for breeding.

Basically, I'd love to be able to search for seeds that have shiny egg PID frames based on normal search criteria:

• Min/Max PID Frame
• Nature
• Using Ditto / Everstone options

etc.

Thanks for your great work on this.
This is the next big thing to be added, and is already on the list in the first post. The earliest it will be available is the end of next weekend, though, due to various uninteresting real life details.

In the meantime, shiny wild PIDs will also result in shiny egg PIDs in almost 50% of the cases. So you can search for the base IV spread and see if you get any results with shiny frames. Then you can look at the Eggs tab in the Seed Inspector to see if it will also result in a shiny egg PID. Unfortunately, even if it could be a shiny egg PID, it's possible that the PID won't actually be hit because of how the inheritance works out. However, if you breed with international parents, you have a very high chance to hit any shiny egg PID.

It's not as nice as having everything searched for you, but it is still possible breed shinies using what's there now (modulo bugs, obviously).

This is the next big thing to be added, and is already on the list in the first post. The earliest it will be available is the end of next weekend, though, due to various uninteresting real life details.

In the meantime, shiny wild PIDs will also result in shiny egg PIDs in almost 50% of the cases. So you can search for the base IV spread and see if you get any results with shiny frames. Then you can look at the Eggs tab in the Seed Inspector to see if it will also result in a shiny egg PID. Unfortunately, even if it could be a shiny egg PID, it's possible that the PID won't actually be hit because of how the inheritance works out. However, if you breed with international parents, you have a very high chance to hit any shiny egg PID.

It's not as nice as having everything searched for you, but it is still possible breed shinies using what's there now (modulo bugs, obviously).
Good to know that it's being worked on. :)

I checked a couple of shiny frames and none of them matched up with egg frames. I would breed with an international parent, but doesn't that negate Everstone passing the nature? Or can you still use the everstone with the other parent?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Good to know that it's being worked on. :)

I checked a couple of shiny frames and none of them matched up with egg frames. I would breed with an international parent, but doesn't that negate Everstone passing the nature? Or can you still use the everstone with the other parent?
I'm not aware of international parents negating the effect of an everstone, no matter which parent is holding it.

NOTE: You may notice that there an option for "DPP Egg PID (International)" under the item that you are selecting. If you are breeding Pokémon of games that are in two different languages (such as a US Ditto with a Japanese Skitty) you should select this option. One foolproof way to test if two Pokémon are considered international is to attempt to breed them while the appropriate parent is holding an Everstone. If the Everstone does not work then you have international parents.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part1

I know I've seen other references to it, this is just the one that I happened to be able to find.

Also: I'm doing some seed searching, and every single shiny frame that I've found for egg generation so far (25+, most of them just aren't usable) are ability 1. Is there some reason for this?

EDIT: Now I found a seed with 6 shiny frames, all of which are ability 0. So I guess nevermind? :P

International parents only negate Everstone in 4th gen. In 4th gen, both nature and shininess depend on PID, making modifying both of them at the same time difficult. In 5th gen, nature is separate, so the game can easily attempt to modify both.

On really? Well christ, that makes things a lot easier.

Thanks for that information. I'll be honest I hadn't actually tried breeding my international ditto with an ES yet, I just remembered that information from last gen.

I'm trying to RNG my ID and am having similar problems as Bulbasaur.

Although, I highly suspect that my problems are because I found the parameters with my Black version, and am now trying to RNG on my White, which I haven't calibrated with. Are the parameters drastically different between Black and White versions on the same DS? If so, could I use my friend's White cartridge on my DS to find my parameters for my White, or does it have to be the exact cartridge that I'm trying to abuse my TID/SID on?

If it helps, these are my parameters for Black.
DS Lite: 00-1B-EA-59-90-DE
Timer0: C7B - C7C
VCount: 60 - 60
VFrame: 6 - 6
Black (English)
ID: 64858
SID: 37941

From what I've seen, most people with White have a higher Timer0, usually C7E or C7F. Are these values a good guess, or should I calibrate again with White? Or will it be the same value for Black as it is for White?

Would it be possible to allow copy/pasting in the next release? Or, at least, for the seeds. Pretty unimportant, though, so I'd by all means be happy to wait.

@cannibal: The only thing that differed between my Black and White were the Timer0 values, Black w/ C7C and White w/ C86. You'll probably want to calibrate. It's a pain to do at the beginning of the game, but it'll help considerably. Once you do, you should be able to abuse your ID/SID pretty easily.

I wouldn't think it'd have to be the exact cartridge as long as it's the same version and DS, but not sure. Can't help you much there.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Would it be possible to allow copy/pasting in the next release? Or, at least, for the seeds. Pretty unimportant, though, so I'd by all means be happy to wait.
Are you referring to copying a given result row for later pasting, or something else? At the moment, you can copy a seed from a given result by copying it from the text field in the Seed Inspector after you've double-clicked the result row. Not the ideal solution, but it's only a couple extra clicks.

@cannibal: The only thing that differed between my Black and White were the Timer0 values, Black w/ C7C and White w/ C86. You'll probably want to calibrate. It's a pain to do at the beginning of the game, but it'll help considerably. Once you do, you should be able to abuse your ID/SID pretty easily.

I wouldn't think it'd have to be the exact cartridge as long as it's the same version and DS, but not sure. Can't help you much there.
For the English versions of the games, it seems that only the Timer0 changes. So if you take your VCount and VFrame from your Black version, you should be able to do a parameter search in your White version using a mon around level 10-12. I could get my parameters in the first cave (which is after the first gym, unfortunately), but you may be able to do it even sooner if you know what to expect and can therefore sift through the multiple results that you'll get when using a low-level mon.

Thanks for the response, guys. I was kind of thinking that only the Timer0 would change. That'll be easy enough to find, hopefully. =)
I think I'll try to convince my roommate to let me borrow her White version for a few minutes. xD

Just a few questions:

1) What do I do when a button press is Up-Lf?
2) How can I search for a shiny egg frame? So far I've just been manually searching ...
3) Are there any tutorial videos on how to breed a shiny flawless pokemon? I was thinking of making a video of my own, but I was just wondering how much a necessity it is

Thanks

What Ghardy said regarding searching for shiny egg frames. I believe you mentioned earlier that so far the only way to find them is to check seeds manually that the Seed Searcher picked up, but has there been any progress on it? Not meaning to rush you or anything. Just want to know.

Are you referring to copying a given result row for later pasting, or something else? At the moment, you can copy a seed from a given result by copying it from the text field in the Seed Inspector after you've double-clicked the result row. Not the ideal solution, but it's only a couple extra clicks.
I had no idea that you could double-click to do that. Certainly makes things much faster, thanks for the info.

@ghardy:
1. You basically press 'Up' and 'Left' on the control pad at the same time.
So far, the only way to find a shiny egg frame is by manually checking. It should be added in the next release... which I am looking forward to very much.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
3) Are there any tutorial videos on how to breed a shiny flawless pokemon? I was thinking of making a video of my own, but I was just wondering how much a necessity it is
I don't know of any tutorial videos for breeding shiny eggs, but I haven't looked around much. It probably would be best to wait until the shiny egg search functionality is added, though.

As a side note, I only know of one tutorial video using PPRNG, which is linked on the front page of the Gen 5 help thread. Just wish the guy knew how to pronounce things correctly, and how to use the program a little better before he made the video...

What Ghardy said regarding searching for shiny egg frames. I believe you mentioned earlier that so far the only way to find them is to check seeds manually that the Seed Searcher picked up, but has there been any progress on it? Not meaning to rush you or anything. Just want to know.
What exactly would you like to know? I'm working on a full egg search window, including parents' IVs, abilities, etc. It's a fair bit more complicated than the standard seed searcher. I'm working on it when I get the time, but I haven't had much time this week, unfortunately. It will be out when I get it finished.

I had no idea that you could double-click to do that. Certainly makes things much faster, thanks for the info.
Oh man, you've been checking for shiny seeds by manually typing the seed into the seed inspector this whole time? I had hoped the little note I put in the first post about double-clicking result rows would be enough, but it's a non-obvious feature. I'll probably add a button to the searcher screen and/or a right-click menu for this.

I'm impressed that you put with it for so long before even mentioning it.

Haha. Yeah... I usually just read the New Features section. Now that I see it in the General Usage part, I feel stupid to say the least. It wasn't too bad manually doing it, but... lol.

How do I find a good egg seed? I need a step-by-step walkthrough on how to use this to get an egg.
I'm probably going to make a tutorial video soon, possibly in the next week, so I'll post a link on this thread when I finish it. Unfortunately, however, there are no tutorial videos for RNG breeding in Black and White on either PPRNG or RNG Reporter thus far.

EDIT: I'm also wondering how to look up a date and time for a corresponding seed. I foolishly wrote down my beneficial seeds without noting their date and time, and I just wanted to know if I can look up this information, or if I'll have to wait for it in an upcoming version.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I'm also wondering how to look up a date and time for a corresponding seed. I foolishly wrote down my beneficial seeds without noting their date and time, and I just wanted to know if I can look up this information, or if I'll have to wait for it in an upcoming version.
Unfortunately, there's no way to recover the start date, time, etc. for a given 64-bit seed. In the 5th generation games, the standard seeds are generated using a one-way hash function, which means by definition you can't recover the original source data, and there will never be any update with this functionality.

In the future, I'd recommend saving your results to csv if you want to save specific seeds for later use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)