White (English)

TID: 48409
SID: N/A

Been using the Seed Searcher From 4/8/2011 to 5/21/2011
IV Pattern: Hex Flawless
Held Keys: None
IV frame (Min: 1 Max: 50)
Max PID Frame: 1000
You have not determined your DS parameters, or if you did (you said you did) you did not set up your configuration with the results. You should have one or two values for Timer0 (for example, C7F), one value for VCount (most likely 60), and one value for VFrame (usually 6 or 8).

Using those huge ranges above, you will get a huge number of results that won't actually work for you.

Er... I just redid everything and got Timer 0: C7E, VCount: 60, VFrame: 6, Time: 08:08:26 which was 1 second more than when I hit start game...

what do I do with those...?

By that I mean how do I input them? Make the Min/Max the same?

Ok... checked more things. What I don't get is Timer 0... should I be getting more than 1 number range for it?

Edit: I ask because in your first post you only got one number on the Parameter Search but you input the range C7F-C80

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Er... I just redid everything and got Timer 0: C7E, VCount: 60, VFrame: 6, Time: 08:08:26 which was 1 second more than when I hit start game...

what do I do with those...?

By that I mean how do I input them? Make the Min/Max the same?

Ok... checked more things. What I don't get is Timer 0... should I be getting more than 1 number range for it?

Edit: I ask because in your first post you only got one number on the Parameter Search but you input the range C7F-C80
Yes, for the numbers that are the same, you make Min and Max to be the same value. For Timer0, you can start with just the one value (make Min and Max the same), but most people have two values that they hit. You will need to do another calibration to determine what your second value is, then you put the lower value in Min, and the upper value in Max (note that this is a hexadecimal value, so letters are greater than numbers, and letters which come later in the alphabet are greater than those that come earlier).

I posted this here because it might be useful for other people, but if you still have questions, please VM (not PM) me, since at this point they're probably not related to PPRNG itself.

And thank you for cleaning up your multiple posts.

I'm having problems trying to get a physical flawless Cobalion. I'll post my details:

MAC Address: 00-09-BF-63-89-C1

Timer0
Min: C7C
Max: C7D

VCount
Min: 60
Max: 60

VFrame
Min: 8
Max: 8

Black (English)

TID: 6512
SID: 63676

Date: 2011/04/10
Time (24H): 20:00:14
Timer0: C7C
Keys: Y
Seed: F0599DE0A4F83AD0
IV Frame: 2

I walked 128 steps with one Pokemon to advance my frame by one and the encounter was the other advancement. Help please?

I'm having a little trouble calibrating my G-Gear RNG delay in PPRNG. I'm using the G-Gear Seed 880979D6 with the following settings:

Time: 23:45:50
Delay: 2626
Frame: 21

IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 23 / 31 / 0

I set up ZomgTimer V. 2.2 to use the 2626 delay and 50 second target, with a calibration of 805 to start. I hit the seed, and to see how close I got I Sweet Scented a Lv 39 Boldore in Victory Road. After putting it through MetalKid's IV calculator, I got the following results:

Boldore - #525 (Hasty) : 17 - 18 / 21 - 23 / 14 - 15 / 26 / 20 - 22 / 22 - 24

I switched to the Frames tab in the Seed Inspector and put in the min/max IVs, but then I click the Find button and it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried going through the huge list of seeds manually, but I can't seem to be able to find this specific spread anywhere in the list. Am I forgetting something?

If it helps, the Min/Max frames are set to 1/30, and in the Time/Adjacents tab, I set the frames to 21.

Forget my old post, I fixed it myself. I'm happy with my flawless Cobalion. :)

Also, thanks so much for making this program!

EDIT:I have a question. In the standard seed inspector, what frame type do you choose for stationary Pokemon/legendaries?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I switched to the Frames tab in the Seed Inspector and put in the min/max IVs, but then I click the Find button and it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried going through the huge list of seeds manually, but I can't seem to be able to find this specific spread anywhere in the list. Am I forgetting something?

If it helps, the Min/Max frames are set to 1/30, and in the Time/Adjacents tab, I set the frames to 21.
Unfortunately, none of the find buttons work yet. It's listed in the first post under Known Issues.

As for your particular seed, I'd imagine that you're not close to your desired delay. You can set the delay and second +/- values to wider ranges (particularly the delay), and try to search to see what you hit. Again, there's no find function here at the moment (sorry), but you can at least sort on the columns, which will help you locate your IVs quicker.

I can't check myself, because the C-Gear stuff still depends on your DS's MAC address, which you didn't post. Have you at least set that up in your configuration? Otherwise, you won't be able to hit that seed anyway.

I have a question. In the standard seed inspector, what frame type do you choose for stationary Pokemon/legendaries?
I overlooked the stationary frame setting (except for Zekrom / Reshiram / Victini), unfortunately. It will be added to the next version. In the meantime, you can use the Zekrom / Reshiram / Victini setting to see the frame, but it won't show shininess correctly (since those 3 can't be shiny). If you want to check shininess, you can look at the Grass / Cave frames, which will show it correctly, although the numbering will be slightly off. Comparing the natures and PIDs (PIDs won't be 100% the same, but should be similar) should help you match up the two kinds of frames.

The fixed version with stationary encounters should be out sometime tomorrow.

Unfortunately, none of the find buttons work yet. It's listed in the first post under Known Issues.

As for your particular seed, I'd imagine that you're not close to your desired delay. You can set the delay and second +/- values to wider ranges (particularly the delay), and try to search to see what you hit. Again, there's no find function here at the moment (sorry), but you can at least sort on the columns, which will help you locate your IVs quicker.

I can't check myself, because the C-Gear stuff still depends on your DS's MAC address, which you didn't post. Have you at least set that up in your configuration? Otherwise, you won't be able to hit that seed anyway.
Pardon me, I meant to include my MAC address in my OP. Here it is:

00-25-A0-F2-6F-89 (Nintendo DSi)

Before I retired yesterday I decided to simply put the calibration Pokemon's IV range into the Seed Finder and see if I couldn't find the delay that way. I usually got a pretty big range, so I fed them RCs and Wings to narrow down the results. After a few misfires, I managed to find a few seeds with the exact IVs I got and put them in the Inspector, changing the frame accordingly. Only one of them had the same date (it was the only one with a frame of 1), and there was a big difference in the delay, so I updated my delay in Zomg Timer. My most recent attempt yielded the following result:

870979DC

Delay: 2643
IVs: 15 / 27 / 13 / 31 / 28 / 26
Tme: 23:44:50

I found that, unless I'm making a silly mistake (story of my life), I hit the delay almost exactly, but I was a minute short. My new calibration delay is -85, but I'm not sure how to account for the minute discrepancy.

EDIT: I've tested it a bit more and I'm consistently getting -85 and -84 as my calibration delay, but the seed's time is always at 23:44:50 as opposed to 23:45:50, despite the fact that the first delay alone in the ZomgTimer is over a minute long after I set the clock to 23:44. I'm most likely missing something obvious here.

EDIT 2: As it turns out, I did in fact miss something obvious; I failed to notice that ZomgTimer listed "minutes before target" as 1. I'll give it a go now.

Sorry for the trouble, son. And thanks a lot for your help.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
How do you get the egg part to work exactly?
People are working on tutorials for this stuff. The answer to your question is not short. If you have no experience RNGing in Generation 4, there's a fair amount of basic stuff to learn and you should read up on that first. Eggs in Generation 5 aren't too different than in Generation 4, other than the order in which the pokes are put into the daycare doesn't matter anymore.

Pardon me, I meant to include my MAC address in my OP. Here it is:

00-25-A0-F2-6F-89 (Nintendo DSi)

Before I retired yesterday I decided to simply put the calibration Pokemon's IV range into the Seed Finder and see if I couldn't find the delay that way. I usually got a pretty big range, so I fed them RCs and Wings to narrow down the results. After a few misfires, I managed to find a few seeds with the exact IVs I got and put them in the Inspector, changing the frame accordingly. Only one of them had the same date (it was the only one with a frame of 1), and there was a big difference in the delay, so I updated my delay in Zomg Timer. My most recent attempt yielded the following result:

870979DC

Delay: 2643
IVs: 15 / 27 / 13 / 31 / 28 / 26
Tme: 23:44:50

I found that, unless I'm making a silly mistake (story of my life), I hit the delay almost exactly, but I was a minute short. My new calibration delay is -85, but I'm not sure how to account for the minute discrepancy.

EDIT: I've tested it a bit more and I'm consistently getting -85 and -84 as my calibration delay, but the seed's time is always at 23:44:50 as opposed to 23:45:50, despite the fact that the first delay alone in the ZomgTimer is over a minute long after I set the clock to 23:44. I'm most likely missing something obvious here.
Your notion that you should be able to find the IVs via the Seed Finder is correct. I searched for the IVs you give above (15 / 27 / 13 / 31 / 28 / 26) on frame 1 (since you said you were calibrating, I'm assuming no IV frame advancement) using your MAC address and while there were results, none of them match what you've put there.

I searched on the IV range that you originally mentioned (17 - 18 / 21 - 23 / 14 - 15 / 26 / 20 - 22 / 22 - 24) on frame 1 with a delay range of 1800-20000, and while I'm not 100% sure, I think you might be hitting something way different than you expect.

90D6AEDD
2011/04/10 23:45:59 9331

Out of curiosity, do you have experience with RNG abuse in 4th Gen?

Your notion that you should be able to find the IVs via the Seed Finder is correct. I searched for the IVs you give above (15 / 27 / 13 / 31 / 28 / 26) on frame 1 (since you said you were calibrating, I'm assuming no IV frame advancement) using your MAC address and while there were results, none of them match what you've put there.

I searched on the IV range that you originally mentioned (17 - 18 / 21 - 23 / 14 - 15 / 26 / 20 - 22 / 22 - 24) on frame 1 with a delay range of 1800-20000, and while I'm not 100% sure, I think you might be hitting something way different than you expect.

90D6AEDD
2011/04/10 23:45:59 9331

Out of curiosity, do you have experience with RNG abuse in 4th Gen?

Yesterday was my very first attempt at RNG, actually. I spent a few hours reading up on everything and gave it a go.

Just now I tried adjusting the time to 23:43 instead of 23:44 as per ZomgTimer's suggestion to see if I can't do something about the time discrepancy, and I hit the following seed:

860979D3
Delay: 2623
Frame: 1
IV: 13 / 28 / 19 / 17 / 10 / 15
Time: 23:43:50

Unlike my previous attempts, there was no time discrepancy between the time I set and the time of the seed I just found. For the first seed search, after reading about how the C-Gear frame change is actually 3 as opposed to 1, I set the frame range from 3 to 8 and got nothing. When I tried it again with frame 1, I got the above result.

At this point I'm fairly certain that I made a very big mistake or three early on in the calibration process, so unless you think I can find the proper calibration value at this point, I'll most likely be starting over.

In the event that I do, however, when using C-Gear RNG, do the C-Gear activation and Sweet Scent frame advancement count as 1, 3 or 4? I've read that frames below 3 are impossible using C-Gear RNG.

EDIT: Just one more question: there's a slight discrepancy in the delay between the seed results in the Seed Searcher and those in the Seed Inspector. I assume this doesn't matter but, just to cover all the bases here, does it?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Yesterday was my very first attempt at RNG, actually. I spent a few hours reading up on everything and gave it a go.

Just now I tried adjusting the time to 23:43 instead of 23:44 as per ZomgTimer's suggestion to see if I can't do something about the time discrepancy, and I hit the following seed:

860979D3
Delay: 2623
IV: 13 / 28 / 19 / 17 / 10 / 15
Time: 23:43:50

Unlike my previous attempts, there was no time discrepancy between the time I set and the time of the seed I just found. For the first seed search, after reading about how the C-Gear frame change is actually 3 as opposed to 1, I set the frame range from 3 to 8 and got nothing. When I tried it again with frame 1, I got the above result.

At this point I'm fairly certain that I made a very big mistake or three early on in the calibration process, so unless you think I can find the proper calibration value at this point, I'll most likely be starting over.

In the event that I do, however, when using C-Gear RNG, do the C-Gear activation and Sweet Scent frame advancement count as 1, 3 or 4? I've read that frames below 3 are impossible using C-Gear RNG.

EDIT: Just one more question: there's a slight discrepancy in the delay between the seed results in the Seed Searcher and those in the Seed Inspector. I assume this doesn't matter but, just to cover all the bases here, does it?
At this point, I would recommend that you restart your calibration process, because from here I don't know what might have happened to get you where you ended up. Sorry.

At a technical level, C-Gear frames do start on the third advancement of the IV RNG, but the decision was made treat that as frame 1. Early on (probably the time of some of the posts you read) it was still being treated as frame 3. So, if you start the game and sweet scent immediately, the IVs you find should be one frame 1.

The discrepancy in the delay is because the delay is affected by which year you choose to RNG on. Years start at 2000 on the DS, and for every year you go up, the delay you need to hit goes down by 1. This is just due to how the C-Gear seed is generated.

Also, version 1.0.5 was just released. The first post has some details, but as relates to C-Gear stuff, the C-Gear Seed Searcher wouldn't let you set a value below 3 on the Max Frame field (a remnant of the previous behavior). This has been fixed.

At a technical level, C-Gear frames do start on the third advancement of the IV RNG, but the decision was made treat that as frame 1. Early on (probably the time of some of the posts you read) it was still being treated as frame 3. So, if you start the game and sweet scent immediately, the IVs you find should be one frame 1.
Thanks, that's very good to know.

I downloaded the latest version before giving this another shot. To expedite things, I aimed for a min/max frame of 1, and a simple Special Flawless spread. I chose the following seed:

0BFD8D25
Delay: 7569
Date: 2011/06/27
Time: 11:55:50
IVs: 31 / 13 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

I prepared ZomgTimer with the following settings:

Calibration: -95 (to start)
Target Delay: 7569
Target Second: 49 (safety net to make sure I don't miss the seed)

Its output was as follows:

First Timer: 41:26
Second Timer: 127.733
Minutes Before Target: 2

I started the timer and changed the DSi clock to 11:53 simultaneously, then turned the DSi off, then back on, and loaded up the game as soon as the first timer ended. Making sure to avoid activating the C-Gear upon selecting Continue, I waited until the second timer ended to hit "Yes" on the C-Gear in-game power up prompt. With that done, I caught a Lv. 41 Woobat with the following IV range:

5 - 7 / 6 - 7 / 17 - 18 / 23 / 7 - 9 / 22 - 23

I used RCs to level it up to 51, then checked again:

5 / 6 / 18 / 23 / 9 / 22

I entered these as the min/max IVs in the Seed Searcher, along with a min/max frame of 1, and got the following seed as the only result:

0AFD8D1E

I checked this seed in the Seed Inspector, and found the IVs:

IVs: 5 / 6 / 18 / 23 / 9 / 22
Delay: 7562
Time: 11:54:50

Once again, the delay was hit almost exactly, but the time is one minute earlier. I'm fairly certain I didn't made any mistakes this time. Why do you think there's a one-minute time discrepancy?

EDIT: I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time, but I just wanted to let you know that I defiantly set the clock to 1 minute before the target instead of 2, and found the following seed:

0BFD8D1F
IVs: 7 / 5 / 23 / 5 / 19 / 3
Delay: 7563

This time I finally got the time just right. I think the reason ZomgTimer overestimated the minutes before target might have been because of my target second choice. What do you think?

Hopefully I'll be able to get this sorted now. Wish me luck.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Thanks, that's very good to know.

EDIT: I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time, but I just wanted to let you know that I defiantly set the clock to 1 minute before the target instead of 2, and found the following seed:

0BFD8D1F
IVs: 7 / 5 / 23 / 5 / 19 / 3
Delay: 7563

This time I finally got the time just right. I think the reason ZomgTimer overestimated the minutes before target might have been because of my target second choice. What do you think?

Hopefully I'll be able to get this sorted now. Wish me luck.
I have to honestly say, I have no idea why this is working like this for you. The fact that it seems consistent implies that it's starting at 11:54 is the thing to do, but the time that ZomgTimer runs for in total (from the time you start it and set your DSi clock to the time you say Yes for the C-Gear activation) is two minutes and 50 seconds. This would imply that starting at 11:53 is correct. PPRNG and RNG Reporter output the same times for these seeds, so I don't think I've implemented it incorrectly.

Obviously my understanding C-Gear stuff is lacking.

I have to honestly say, I have no idea why this is working like this for you. The fact that it seems consistent implies that it's starting at 11:54 is the thing to do, but the time that ZomgTimer runs for in total (from the time you start it and set your DSi clock to the time you say Yes for the C-Gear activation) is two minutes and 50 seconds. This would imply that starting at 11:53 is correct. PPRNG and RNG Reporter output the same times for these seeds, so I don't think I've implemented it incorrectly.

Obviously my understanding C-Gear stuff is lacking.
Don't worry about it. It seems to be working fine otherwise. My last two calibration attempts yielded a pair of Durants with exactly the same IVs, Ability and Nature:

Durant - #632 (Quirky) : 25 / 23 / 22 / 11 / 2 / 18

It also had exactly the same seed and delay (0BFD8D2C and 7576). This is because I deliberately didn't adjust the calibration between these two attempts, to see if I could hit a specific seed consistently. Looks like I'm finally on my way.

EDIT: Well, this is interesting. I changed the target seconds in ZomgTimer from 49 to 50 now that I'm more confident in my ability to nail the seed, and it showed up in the Inspector as 11:56. When I tried adjusting the clock to 11:53 as it's supposed to be, instead of 11:54 which has worked for me up 'till now, I was back in 11:55:50 again, with a difference of 3 between the delay I got (7566) and the target delay of 7569.

It appears that ZomgTimer doesn't like being lied to.

EDIT 2: Well, I did it at last. After nearly three hours of misfires, I finally found the right calibration and caught a Durant with the following spread and nature:

Durant - #632 (Quirky) : 31 / 13 - 15 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 31

Abiliy: Hustle

Now I can get that Frillish I've been looking for.

Thank you for all your help, son. PPRNG's working pretty darn well. You can have this Durant if you want it.

I'm like 93% sure this is a user error, but I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong in the DS Parameter Search. It doesn't give me any seeds, and I've done this process four or five times now.

MAC Address: 00-23-31-BA-FF-37
Version: White (English)

Landorus: Lvl 70 Sassy 211/198/134/167/132/144, which yields 10/26-27/5/2/5/20-22 IVs.

My start date (assuming the date I started playing Pokemon White?): 3/7/11

My questions: When I start the cartridge from the DS screen, I rapidly press A to advance the startup screens. Is that the problem? Also, I turn on C-gear communications upon startup to get to the pokemon faster. Could this be another issue?

Thanks in advance, and thanks a million for making an RNG client for Mac. I've waited a long time for this, and this made my day :D

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm like 93% sure this is a user error, but I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong in the DS Parameter Search. It doesn't give me any seeds, and I've done this process four or five times now.

MAC Address: 00-23-31-BA-FF-37
Version: White (English)

Landorus: Lvl 70 Sassy 211/198/134/167/132/144, which yields 10/26-27/5/2/5/20-22 IVs.

My start date (assuming the date I started playing Pokemon White?): 3/7/11

My questions: When I start the cartridge from the DS screen, I rapidly press A to advance the startup screens. Is that the problem? Also, I turn on C-gear communications upon startup to get to the pokemon faster. Could this be another issue?

Thanks in advance, and thanks a million for making an RNG client for Mac. I've waited a long time for this, and this made my day :D
If you're searching for your DS Parameters in order to do non C-Gear RNG, yes, there is your problem. You're not supposed to press/hold any buttons after you start up the game from the DS Menu. You have to wait until after the Pokemon Company/Nintendo logo white screen disappears.

Oh, and the reason it's called non C-Gear abuse (if that's what you're doing) is because no C-Gear is involved, meaning don't turn it on.

I've tried two more times, only pressing the A button after the white screen disappears and shutting off C-Gear communications. Neither have yielded a seed. Should I try using a lower leveled pokemon instead? I saw earlier in the thread someone had an issue finding parameters using Kyurem, but I'm not sure if that matters.

Thanks and sorry for my stupid issues :x

I've tried two more times, only pressing the A button after the white screen disappears and shutting off C-Gear communications. Neither have yielded a seed. Should I try using a lower leveled pokemon instead? I saw earlier in the thread someone had an issue finding parameters using Kyurem, but I'm not sure if that matters.

Thanks and sorry for my stupid issues :x
I think the issue is your start date - it's not the day you started playing the game, it's the date that you're RNG-ing on. Try that and see if it works. :)

Also, major thanks and kudos to chiizu for putting this program out. :D I just had to move from PC to Mac a few months ago, and my RNG endeavors pretty much came to an end at that point. Though I've been messing around with Wine in a futile attempt to see if I could get RNG Reporter to work, having a native RNG program is all kinds of awesome. <3

I hope you don't mind if I suggest something, but would it be possible to add an ESV search feature in the Standard Seed Searcher? I've been trying to look for good ESV 10/11 seeds for a shiny Tynamo, and it seems like it would be a lot easier and take less time if I could filter out all the other ESV seeds and just search for 10/11 slots.

Regardless, I'm really loving this program, and thank you again for creating it! :D

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Well, I did it at last. After nearly three hours of misfires, I finally found the right calibration and caught a Durant with the following spread and nature:

Durant - #632 (Quirky) : 31 / 13 - 15 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 31

Abiliy: Hustle

Now I can get that Frillish I've been looking for.

Thank you for all your help, son. PPRNG's working pretty darn well. You can have this Durant if you want it.
I find your use of 'son' in your posts... interesting. Regardless, I'm glad it finally worked out. I'm good for Durants, but thanks for the offer.

I'm like 93% sure this is a user error...
As others have mentioned (thanks others!), your process was incorrect. The date and time should be the date and time you started the game from the DS menu for the current session. And turning on the C-Gear completely reseeds the IV RNG, defeating the whole purpose, so never turn it on.

I hope you don't mind if I suggest something, but would it be possible to add an ESV search feature in the Standard Seed Searcher? I've been trying to look for good ESV 10/11 seeds for a shiny Tynamo, and it seems like it would be a lot easier and take less time if I could filter out all the other ESV seeds and just search for 10/11 slots.
I appreciate suggestions that will make the program easier to use. In the case of ESVs, your situation is why I added the ESV column to the seed searcher, but at the moment you can't filter results on it, obviously. The one problem I'm working on related to this is the fact that the ESV will change depending on what kind of encounter you will have (grass vs. shaking grass vs. water, for example). I'll see what I can come up with after I finish ID/SID abuse.

Edit:
Just to add, it won't actually take any less time to do the search even if I do add filtering on ESVs. The search first finds a seed with matching IVs, then looks to see if there's a shiny frame within the specified range (default being 1000 PID frames). As of now, you can click on the column header to at least sort on ESVs as a kind of poor man's ESV filter (note that it doesn't resort as new results are added, so you'd need to resort it again periodically).

Hi Chizu, I just went back to this thread to say thanks. I've managed to RNG like 7 Pokemon already thanks to your program. Now I just need to wait for the tutorials regarding the "pure" manipulation of abilities/natures of Pokemon. Keep up the great work! :)

Quick question: What do the A and B slots refer to when breeding pokemon?

I've heard that the slots are determined by gender rather than order this generation... (correct me if I'm wrong) If that's so, then which one is which parent? And if I'm using ditto to breed, is it always considered to be the opposite gender of the pokemon I'm breeding it with?

Anyway, thanks for this program! I've been waiting for a good Mac RNG program for quite some time. This has helped me a lot, since RNG Reporter doesn't seem to want to work for me 5th gen. ^__^

Quick question: What do the A and B slots refer to when breeding pokemon?

I've heard that the slots are determined by gender rather than order this generation... (correct me if I'm wrong) If that's so, then which one is which parent? And if I'm using ditto to breed, is it always considered to be the opposite gender of the pokemon I'm breeding it with?

Anyway, thanks for this program! I've been waiting for a good Mac RNG program for quite some time. This has helped me a lot, since RNG Reporter doesn't seem to want to work for me 5th gen. ^__^
It is based on parents. There are male and female signs in the program that tell you which stat gets inherited from which parent. I don't know what happens with Ditto, but if it is what you said (ditto is opposite of other poke), what is it with genderless pokes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)