Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
No rush, but any idea as to when the next version will be released ?
Everyone keeps saying 'no rush', so I haven't even started on it.

I expect a non-final version of egg searching functionality will be available within the next 24 hours or so. If I'd known how much people wanted this I would have done it before ID abuse.

Everyone keeps saying 'no rush', so I haven't even started on it.

I expect a non-final version of egg searching functionality will be available within the next 24 hours or so. If I'd known how much people wanted this I would have done it before ID abuse.
Haha well the truth of the matter is that it would be a much appreciated feature, but a new version with egg searching in the next 24 hours, even if it isn't final, would be pretty sweet :D

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
1.2.0 released with egg seed searching plus various bug fixes. This has had very minimal testing, so "Abuser Beware".

See the first post in this thread for details and download link as always.

1.2.0 released with egg seed searching plus various bug fixes. This has had very minimal testing, so "Abuser Beware".

See the first post in this thread for details and download link as always.
Thanks ! I will probably be making tutorial video in the near future using this, unless a newer version is coming within the next few weeks.

Thanks for implementing Egg Seed Searching, I'll probably play with that some later. Can't wait to try it out.

Also, is it possible to abuse your ID/SID to yield a shiny Roamer? If so, how would that be done using PPRNG?
I'll be restarting my White soon, and I want to abuse my ID each time for something nice.

Thanks for the update! The egg seed searching made my day. =)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but would someone be willing to give me step-by-step instructions (or link me to a good guide) on how to abuse Thunderus? (not shiny, just nature/IVs). Thanks. ^__^;

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Also, is it possible to abuse your ID/SID to yield a shiny Roamer? If so, how would that be done using PPRNG?
I'll be restarting my White soon, and I want to abuse my ID each time for something nice.
The only semi-dependable way that I know to do this is to play through once and capture a non-shiny roamer that you would like shiny (i. e. proper IVs, nature, etc.). Find out it's PID frame, then restart your whole game and abuse your ID to make that PID frame shiny. Then you should be able to hit the same seed and catch the same roamer (assuming you picked one that you could dependably capture previously), but this time it will be shiny.

None of this is specific to PPRNG, though, aside from the fact that you want to make sure your abused IDs would make a gift Pokemon shiny, since roamer PIDs and gift PIDs are the same for these purposes.

Wow - thanks a ton!

Thanks to the new release I've been able to breed shiny/flawless Litwick, Cottonee, and Foongus. Awesome work!
Glad to know it's working for someone, since it literally hadn't been tested at all before release (I have never bred a single egg in Gen 5).

Huh, I see... all right. That sounds simple enough, thanks!
If gifts use the same PID, does that mean I'd need to set the Frame Type to 'Starter / Fossil / Gift'? Not Roamer Spawn, right?

Also, I just bred myself a shiny Sigilyph using the new version. Despite my Timer0 screwing with me a lot (seems to not like me when it comes to breeding anything), I'm pretty happy with the result. Loving PPRNG right now.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Huh, I see... all right. That sounds simple enough, thanks!
If gifts use the same PID, does that mean I'd need to set the Frame Type to 'Starter / Fossil / Gift'? Not Roamer Spawn, right?
No, I was referring to the checkboxes in the Trainer ID Searcher. You can have it generate IDs to make a given PID frame shiny for wild encounters, gifts, eggs (although this one needs to be fixed slightly), or any combination of these. For shininess, roamer PIDs are essentially the same as gift PIDs, so you should make sure that option is checked when you're doing your ID abuse. When trying to find which roamer PID frame you hit, however, you should still look at roamer PID frames (although the difference won't be significant unless you are looking at characteristics).

Gotcha, okay. Thanks for the information. I'm currently trying to find my Starting PID for Tornadus, knowing which setting to use helps, ha.

How does the gender aspect of the program work?
For example if I was to breed a charmander (87.5% M / 12.5% F) and the spread was M/M/F/F, which gender would it be?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
How does the gender aspect of the program work?
For example if I was to breed a charmander (87.5% M / 12.5% F) and the spread was M/M/F/F, which gender would it be?
It's not the clearest way to express it, but it's in the order 12.5%/25%/50%/75% female. Which one applies depends on the species gender ratio.
In your case it would be male.

I've been trying to come up with a clearer way to display this that doesn't take up more room on the screen. Maybe in the next version...

hey, im trying to breed a zorua, and ive only hit my seed approximately 1/4 of the time. ive successfully bred before (ex. blitzle, ferroseed, scraggy) but so far this is the only one that's messed with me. so i have two questions.
a) is my timer0 at fault ?
b) how can i fix this ?
thanks

It's probably your Timer0. What spread are you using, along with the keypresses?
I'd recommend doing two calibrations for parameters, one for no keypresses, and one for three keypresses.

Also.
Does the program still warn you if you'll get thousands of results?
Reason being, I accidentally hit 'Search' before I filled in my desired IVs for 'Egg Seed Searcher', and obviously thousands of results starting popping up. Couldn't hit Stop because the program stopped responding, and the comp started lagging incredibly. After a couple minutes of the whole computer being frozen I managed to bring up the Force Quit and kill it. Lost some results I had yet to save, too. Joy.
A nasty mistake on my part, but yeah, is that feature still in the program?

It's probably your Timer0. What spread are you using, along with the keypresses?
I'd recommend doing two calibrations for parameters, one for no keypresses, and one for three keypresses.
Okay that's my thought too ... So after I calibrate it with 3 keypresses, I should use the settings I get from that for when I try to get seeds with keypresses?

What do you want me to list for the spread I'm using? Just the IVs?
So far I've tried many different spreads, some even with no keypresses (oddly), but right now I'm using one that requires down-left.
I have also taken out one of the parents from the daycare so the man doesn't bother me.

Also I just found a matching PID frame (nature/gender/characteristic) on frame 167 (after 5 chatot advances) so I'm going to level it up to see if the IVs correspond.

EDIT: nvm the frame I found had different IVs ... back to the drawing board

EDIT (2): I did a parameter check for both no presses and three (i used another ds, but i don't think that's important), and they both yielded the same result - different to the one I had in my configuration. i guess it somehow changed altogether. i'll update if i can hit my seed using the new timer0.

EDIT (3): the egg i just hatched corresponded to my old timer0. i hate rng :@

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Does the program still warn you if you'll get thousands of results?
Reason being, I accidentally hit 'Search' before I filled in my desired IVs for 'Egg Seed Searcher', and obviously thousands of results starting popping up. Couldn't hit Stop because the program stopped responding, and the comp started lagging incredibly. After a couple minutes of the whole computer being frozen I managed to bring up the Force Quit and kill it. Lost some results I had yet to save, too. Joy.
A nasty mistake on my part, but yeah, is that feature still in the program?
Sorry you lost those seeds. The function is still in the program, but as mentioned in the release notes, it's not working 100% correctly for egg seed searches (estimating the number of results is not so straight forward as with simply searching for IVs, etc. due to inheritance), and it will sometimes lead to the situation you experienced. Could you provide me with the parameters you used so that I can make sure that case is properly caught in the next version?

Edit: I'm guessing that the pertinent thing here is that the egg IVs weren't set, but I'd like other info such as whether shiny was checked, etc. just to make sure all the bases are covered.

EDIT (2): I did a parameter check for both no presses and three (i used another ds, but i don't think that's important), and they both yielded the same result - different to the one I had in my configuration. i guess it somehow changed altogether. i'll update if i can hit my seed using the new timer0.
You can't calibrate on one DS and use that on a different DS. You will potentially get different Timer0 and vframe. This is why I added support for multiple configurations.

Your documentation for the Timer0/VCount/VFrame says:

The default values provided should be fine if you are using a retail cartridge and a DS / DS Lite.

What if you're using a DSi?

DS Requirements: DS or DS Lite. If you have DSi / XL / 3DS, only C-Gear is supported at this time. Researchers are working hard to figure this out, but it's not a simple task.
DSi is not supported. Hopefully someone will fix this eventually, but for now your out of luck.

Chiizu, thank you so much for making this; I can't hope to express my gratitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)